Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champs?
This poll is closed.
Dillashaw, Johnson 35 52.24%
Garbrandt, Johnson 24 35.82%
Dillashaw, Cejudo 5 7.46%
Garbrandt, Cejudo 3 4.48%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
turn left cub!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
drat that jab popped cub's head back like he'd been shot by a beanbag bullet. That was loving crazy.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That jab was loving insane

Great finish

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
dang

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I just looked up UFC ref pay per events

That's almost as depressing as looking up fighter pay

wow that is grim, good for Big John for moving on to commentary

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

drat what a beast

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I just looked up UFC ref pay per events

That's almost as depressing as looking up fighter pay

Refs aren't locked in with UFC and operate across multiple orgs, since they technically work for the commissions.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Really slick grappling by Moicano

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

cub gone home :(

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rip cub Swanson

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Respect to cub for taking the fight. Moicano is a killer and cub could have looked for an easy match

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Sheeeit anyone got a replay of that murder jab?

e] lmao god bless america please may I have a vacation :911:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Brut posted:

Refs aren't locked in with UFC and operate across multiple orgs, since they technically work for the commissions.

True, but the upper end seems to be like 1500 for a huge card like Aldo vs McGregor

That seems extremely low for such a crucial job

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

guillochine

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Lol at Joe cracking up at Moicano requesting a vacation with his wife

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Great broken English interview

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I don't know if Cub made a mistake leaving Jackson Wink or he's just on the arse end of his career but those three losses in a row hurt.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Mr. Carlisle posted:

True, but the upper end seems to be like 1500 for a huge card like Aldo vs McGregor

That seems extremely low for such a crucial job

so that's why they're dressed like busboys

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Please Dana White, let me have a vacation with my wife, please.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I like how he called for a shot at a fake belt and not the real belt

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Moicano seems like a nice guy

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Cub is the man for taking that fight. Never seen a jab blast a guy like that. Love the show of respect from Moicano.

Edit: they looked a weight class apart. Joe and friends weren't kidding that Moicano has a great frame for the division.

Hyped
Jan 28, 2004
Give moicano the interim beltch

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Le Saboteur posted:

I don't know if Cub made a mistake leaving Jackson Wink or he's just on the arse end of his career but those three losses in a row hurt.

Put him in against someone like Dennis Siver and then we'll see how far he has fallen. His only UFC losses are to champions or top contenders.

But he has had 20-some UFC/WEC fights, though, so he's due to have that sad slide soon.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

ex handegg player looks good

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

slev posted:

I like how he called out his wife for a shot at a vacation

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Let's fuckin go Mighty Mouse

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Will they just shut down the flyweight division once DJ retires

Dana has threatened it and you know he's considered it

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

slev posted:

Well he can't exactly call out Holloway while he's injured/dehydrated/idk, and he also can't call him out while Ortega is next in line and happens to be Moicano's only loss. So if he's already gonna call Ortega out he may as well try to get a (fake) belt out of it, I think he deserves it for learning English.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I love that graphic. "FIRST AND ONLY UFC FLYWEIGHT CHAMPION, #2 POUND-FOR-POUND FIGHTER IN THE WORLD." His opponent? "Uh, he's won back-to-back fights." :gbsmith:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

"At the end, my opponent also bleeds (probably)," is not the most confident promo

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I'm ready for Uncle Dana to turn beet red after dj wins another 5 rd wrestlefuck w/ late sub.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

UnfurledSails posted:

"At the end, my opponent also bleeds (probably)," is not the most confident promo

"He beat me badly but I'm two years older now" is pretty good too

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Wise Learned Man posted:

I love that graphic. "FIRST AND ONLY UFC FLYWEIGHT CHAMPION, #2 POUND-FOR-POUND FIGHTER IN THE WORLD." His opponent? "Uh, he's won back-to-back fights." :gbsmith:

It says a lot about that division that he was streaming on twitch for 3+ hours per day until July 28th while most of the roster would be in a focused fightcamp of some sort.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

You may not have noticed but let me explain the silly reason for the exact number of birds he's kicking at on his shirt

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
This is a lot of fluff that they'll have to pull back on when MMMMMDJ makes short work of him again.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
guile theme lmao

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

P4p beat fighter ever. gently caress the haters. Lets go MMMMMDJ

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

gently caress. I'm getting a bad feeling because of the hype that Joe is pouring onto DJ. It's reminding me of him crying about Ronda Rousey being some kind of invincible superhuman saint right before she had her head kicked off.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CRISPYBABY posted:

guile theme lmao

It is EVO weekend in Vegas so it does fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CommonShore posted:

gently caress. I'm getting a bad feeling because of the hype that Joe is pouring onto DJ. It's reminding me of him crying about Ronda Rousey being some kind of invincible superhuman saint right before she had her head kicked off.

Have no fear - he will retire undefeated

• Locked thread