Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Allarion posted:

FES FES FES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Alright, you convinced me to give it another shot after my earlier failure

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I went back for seconds and it worked out this time

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
oh yeah,

FES FES FES

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Fesfesfes

Yes, of course she's the only new card.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh I did one last fes roll and got initial 4* kasumi I think. And initial 3* Arisa.

Gonna have to keep just running 3* centers until I can get a 4* scorer.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
are 3☆ scorers better than 4☆ not-just-scorers?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

are 3☆ scorers better than 4☆ not-just-scorers?

My understanding is that the answer (assuming you are playing multiplayer lobbies) is yes for your center, and no for everyone else. For your center, your lobby party score will benefit more from the 60% 3* score skill compared to the <60% score bonus from your 4* not-only-score skill. But for the rest of your band, their skills aren't used and you just want to max band power, so 4* anything is better than 3* anything.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The future draws ever closer as the timelines start to collide

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
i love that Kanata is still being lazy and leaning on Emma to take her around
look at that Dia more like white gem wink
Ai spunky as ever love that love that
AYUMU IN THE MIDDLE YESSSSSSSSSSS

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

graybook posted:

i love that Kanata is still being lazy and leaning on Emma to take her around
look at that Dia more like white gem wink
Ai spunky as ever love that love that
AYUMU IN THE MIDDLE YESSSSSSSSSSS

Poor Dia, so far from her beloved Eli-senpai.

Also, YEET. Wanted to do another DreamFes pull (my original one was just a 3* dupe) before it expired this morning, but was like 75 stars short. Could've played songs until I got some from the event, but whatevs. Worked out well enough for me, I guess.

I have a Swimsuit Band Idol, now if only I could get a Swimsuit Servant in FGO. 2 30 quartz rolls and 10 tickets and nothing there. Desire sensor is real, I guess.

Also also, Honk birthday roll.

I'll take 2 SSRs, even if one is the initial.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees

GhostStalker posted:

Poor Dia, so far from her beloved Eli-senpai.

Dia was always more of a Nico, but everyone latches onto student council President because it's her surface level.

Like the most interesting thing in this promo image is it heavily hinting at who the staff see as the rough equivalents of each other - Because Honk/Chika, Rin/Maru, and Ruby/Pana have been well, well established already.

The fact the 2nd years are in a blob further cements that to me, because that was always the part that I stumbled on.

Maki-Mari and Nozo-Yoha is a small surprise - I normally had Mari more Nozomi - but I can see those associations too and they work pretty much as well.

And Kanan-Eli is obvious and has long been obvious but most people don't see it, despite them literally having the same primary motivation in Season 1 of "A past incident haunts me to such a degree I am trying to stay closed off and not risk getting hurt again' and occupying similar roles in the group of the responsible role model whose not super uptight once she opens up (Unlike Umi/Dia who are the uptight responsible ones)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Here's some basic info on playing the PriChan arcade game in Japan. This isn't a complete guide. I've played around 30 games total and still haven't tried all modes.
This post isn't very well organized, any feedback is appreciated.

Machine locations I know of:
- Prism Stone stores, the one in Harajuku Parajuku Kirajuku also has some Pretty Rhythm machines still in operation.
- SEGA arcade in Shinjuku near the large Yodobashi Camera store, one PriChan machine is wedged between KanColle and Densha-de-GO on 2nd floor.
- Play Game! Adores arcade in Nakano Broadway 1st floor has 3 machines. This place is relatively quiet, you don't strictly need headphones. However, as far as I can tell they have an age policy, in that older players aren't allowed during daytime if younger players are occupying the machines.
- SEGA arcade in the Tokyo Dome City area, has 6 machines. Beware, this place is full of normies. Two of the machines are designated unlimited play, the other four are queuing with one play each.
- Tokyo Leisureland in Akihabara, 千代田区外神田1丁目9−5, currently has 2 machines on 3rd floor (and also 3 Aikatsu machines next by, and 12 Love Live ASA machines on 2nd floor). Probably the best choice as an adult player.

One of the machines in Tokyo Leisureland.

1. Bring headphones. Real over-ear headphones or other things that can shut out the noise from the arcade, otherwise you won't be able to hear the music. If your Japanese reading is weak/slow but listening comprehension is decent, it also helps being able to hear the instructions.
There's two headphone jacks in the machine, both are identical and play the same sound, just use whichever is more convenient. When you plug in the headphones, volume always starts at zero level, press the up button next to the headphone jack to get some sound.

2. The game is ostensibly single-player, but a machine consists of two parts, has two sets of main controls, and has two seats by it. (You play the game sitting down, unlike most other arcade games.) I assume the idea is that you can play together with a friend taking turns on the rhythm game parts or whatever. The two sets of controls do the same, as far as I can tell.

3. Controls consists of 3 buttons in a triangle, and one button on the machine next by. You generally use the buttons in the triangle to control game and menus, the large red button is the primary, and the green and blue buttons above are secondary. The button on the secondary machine is called the Kiratto button, and is only used during the bonus round.

4. Whenever you start the game it will want to take a photo of you for printing on any cards you get during it. You can skip the photo part by pressing the green and blue buttons together. Otherwise it will take two photos from a camera located above the screen, and you can pick which one to use.

5. One play is 100 yen, you get one ticket (coord-piece with attached FoloTicket) for that. After playing a rhythm and win that ticket, game you get asked if you want to do some additional shopping. At that time, you can plop in up to 500 yen more to buy up to 5 more tickets.

6. First time you play you will need to register a profile and get your membership card printed. This costs an additional 100 yen. It's also possible to import a PriPara profile. Creating your profile card involved entering a name, your birthday (month and day), your age (options for 7 thru 17, as far as I remember, and one for 18 and above), and then design your own character. Absolutely keep your membership card, it's the only way to keep your progress.
6.a. During profile creation you also get to choose one initial friend, who gets printed as a FoloTicket at the end of your profile card, where usually a FoloTicket for your own profile would be printed. After getting your profile card printed, snap off this and use it for your first game.
6.b. One of the game modes is creating an updated membership card, featuring the coord you last played with, and updated stats. Doing this also lets you pick a different design for the card, based on one of the brands in the game. This costs an additional 100 yen (just like creating your initial card), and you get to continue in a regular game mode afterwards.

7. The left machine always has a FoloTicket swapping board above it, usually filled with other players' tickets. The rule is that you trade one for one, and only ever insert your own tickets. Save any FoloTickets you get from the swapping board (or trade with fellow players), you can keep using them to register co-performers in lives.

8. When starting the game after getting your profile created, you are asked to scan one FoloTicket for someone you're playing together with. I'm not sure entirely what the purpose is but it seems to be a good idea to do so, and to scan as many different players' tickets that way to collect virtual friends.

Here's a bunch of different tickets I have:

I've censored the QR codes on all the tickets since official material also always does so.
Top left is my profile card. It's the first thing to scan when starting the game. Insert it at 45 deg angle face-up into the scanner slot in the middle of the machine, just like they do in the anime.
Bottom two are FoloTickets from other players. I'd scan one of those second after starting the game.
Middle row and the large on the right are coord-pieces, you win those by playing the game. Obviously, they take up slots and each slot can only be occupied by one card. The center card is a full dress, it takes up both the Top and Bottom slots, so you can't combine that with a shirt or a skirt. Left is a pair of shoes for the legs slot, and right is a headdress.
The large card on the right still has my own FoloTicket attached, as it came out the machine. Additionally, it's a kira-ticket which you can occasionally win if you get to play the bonus round.

9. After inserting money, scanning your profile card, scanning a friend card, hanging out a bit with someone else who might have used your FoloTickets recently, skipping (or taking) photos, you get to the game select menu. Most lead to the main rhythm game, just with different selections of coord-pieces you can win.
9.a. The Nakayoshi Channel lets you win FoloTickets for the anime characters rather than your own.

10. When starting the rhythm game you're first asked to select who you want to play as (center idol). You can choose your own character, or someone from the anime.

11. After choosing your center idol, you get a selection of songs. Each song has two difficulties, Normal and Hard. Normal is generally 2-4 stars, and Hard is 4-7 stars. Normal mode only uses the red button, and Hard mode uses all three buttons. Songs also differ in the number of performers on stage, from 1 (solo) up to 6. The difficulty is shown below the song wheel, the number of performers above it.
None of the difficulties are actually hard if you're used to rhythm games. The hardest part about hard mode is remembering which of green and blue are left and right.

12. After choosing song and difficulty you're asked to scan cards for the coord you want to play with. Coord-pieces have a point value (counted in いいね★ = likes, right of name), but also a rarity (N, R, SR, PR, KR, left of name at top), a color and type (left of name at bottom), and a style and brand (above QR code). Making song-appropriate combinations and sticking to a single brand is presumably best, but when your wardrobe is small this is obviously not possible to do well.
12.a. Styles are Lovely (pink), Cool (purple), Pop (blue), and Premium (white). Match these with the style of the song for bonus. Most brands seem to stick to one style, except for Prism Stone which apparently does everything.
12.b. Brands right now are Sweet Honey (lovely), Girl's Yell (pop), Dolly Waltz (lovely), Romance Beat (cool), Secret Alice (cool), and Prism Stone (I've seen lovely, cool, and pop).

13. If you chose a song with more than one performer, then after accepting your coord you can scan FoloTickets for any friends you want to appear with you on stage. If you don't scan enough, the game will fill in with anime characters for you.
13.a. You get bonuses for choosing appropriate FoloTickets, it's probably worth matching the coord appearing on the FoloTicket with your own coord.
13.b. If you scan tickets for the anime characters (Mirai, Emo, etc.) and play with them you collect some kind of points, possibly leveling them up.

14. The game now starts. This is where it's really important to wear those headphones. The game consists of several different mini-games.
14.a. First is a regular sliding-notes dance game, a curved track appears and colored stars slide along it, you know the drill. Each of these sections usually consists of 2 to 4 tracks, when the stream of notes on one track ends another one appears above or below it. Often, the notes also change direction on the following tracks. Make sure to keep up with those, it's easy to miss some notes until you get the hang of it.
14.b. The second is "yattemita", a zooming box shrinking towards another box with random stuff in them, related to the activity you're doing today. Watch the video of your character doing silly things!
14.c. The final type of mini-game is button mashing, れんだ (renda). This happens right after the third dance section, so be ready. Just mash all the buttons as much as you can to fill the gauge about 3 times, 1800 points is the max.
14.d. The order is always dance, yattemita, dance, yattemita, dance, renda.
14.e. After finishing the song you get a chance for the bonus stage, you see an instruction on the screen to use the Kiratto button to the left of the main machine. Supposedly it's completely random whether you get to play the bonus round, and you don't even always get a kira-ticket for it. (Whether you actually get a kira-ticket might be related to the chosen game mode.) The bonus round is similar to the main, except played only with the kiratto button, and always the special bonus round song.

15. If you did not win a kira-ticket, instead you can help Yuzuru-kun take some pictures of your show and coord. You can take up to eight shots during the clips it plays, Yuzuru takes a ninth, and choose one of them afterwards. The picture you choose will be used for the card printed after the game.
15.a. If you did win a kira-ticket, the game makes a default picture for you and you don't get a photo round.

16. Based on your performance etc., you now get to pick one of four coord-pieces to get a card of. Choose wisely. Especially early on try to focus on getting a set of cards that lets you fill every slot. After that, try buildings matching coords.

17. The game prints your card now. If you got a regular ticket, it comes out from the main machine. If you played the bonus round and won a kira-ticket it comes out from the secondary machine.

18. After printing your card, you get asked if you want to do some additional shopping, this makes a new roll of coord-pieces (possibly also based on your score in the game you just played) and you can buy the number of parts you put in extra money for.
18.a. Put in more money for better items available.
18.b. You always do a new photo shoot for this additional shopping.

19. Before the game ends entirely, you get shown shots from 9 other players' performances, and can send a like to up to 3 of them.

20. If all machines are occupied and others are lining up for the game, it's their turn now, and you go to the back of the line. (Though I believe, if you're playing together with a friend/partner, it's okay for you to play two games together.)

Kashikoma! Lala lives, at the Prism Stone below Tokyo Station.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Aug 31, 2018

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Happy Birthday Riko. Thanks for blessing me in the one roll I can afford right now.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The ships have been altered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eczHnQ2rIq8

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I’ve finally been blessed by Dia!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I accept my death.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

And I accept my death again for Devil Nico

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
But do you have Devil Umi is the question.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

xenoglossia when

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gah!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Old Ruby Day pull, but a good one:

My first pair UR too.

Oh, and I picked up a SnowHala KotoBirb neso at NYCC on my birthday, so that's cool too.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Man, I want a Dia neso so bad... oh well here's what I got since I've last posted.

Eating up super rares for guaranteed ultra rares is the best thing ever. I've had it with scouting 5 blue tickets and getting endless super rares from it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Meanwhile, in Bandori, this event sure is full of Hikawa feels.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
I definitely need to get SnowHala NozEli Nesos next month.

Meanwhile, in SIF, RIP the 41 red tickets it took to get BokuHika Eli.

The nightmare was real. It started so well with a Nozo, then it was 1 more Nozo & 4 drat Nico before Eli came home. Much sadness ensued.

Otoh a few weeks ago I did a top 10 in the Hello Happy World DJ Bad Bear Event. That was exhausting, but fun

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Kako brought snacks, so I’m pretty pleased.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
whoa
hey
gently caress
you

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
did a bunch of pulls while I was on vacation the last couple weeks but got nothing notable except for these:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Trying to catch up with the PriChan anime... oh hey I have that set!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm so salty right now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My other 20 pulls.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
THREAD DEAD FOR A WEEK, TIME TO LIVEPOST BEFORE I GO TO JAPAN.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Death by Zep's terrible pulls

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God I loving hate the sound of snow.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Christ, an umbrella. Gave me a heart attack, thought it was raining.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why is Xeno!Haruka so squeaky.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What a high luxurious font.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Me too, Haruka, me too.