Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Furnaceface posted:

Utterly and thoroughly depressed right now. My 3 year old cat just died in my arms. Vet told me yesterday that nothing was wrong with her after xrays, blood tests and urinalysis and sent her home because they didnt want to have to come in over the long weekend to check on any pets that might be there.

3 years of sleeping on my lap and keyboard while I shitpost here, gonna really miss that.
gently caress that sucks, i'm so sorry :sympathy: if that vet deliberately lied to you they're an rear end in a top hat and they should be shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Furnaceface posted:

Utterly and thoroughly depressed right now. My 3 year old cat just died in my arms. Vet told me yesterday that nothing was wrong with her after xrays, blood tests and urinalysis and sent her home because they didnt want to have to come in over the long weekend to check on any pets that might be there.

3 years of sleeping on my lap and keyboard while I shitpost here, gonna really miss that.

:( Oh no

That’s terrible, dude

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

avshalemon posted:

gently caress that sucks, i'm so sorry :sympathy: if that vet deliberately lied to you they're an rear end in a top hat and they should be shot.

He was some temporary fill-in vet since the owner and my usual vet was on holidays. He is not going to get a recommendation of any kind from me.

Im going to ask to see the x-rays on Tuesday when they open again, hopefully Ive calmed down by then. But if I see fluid or tumors in the chest cavity (she was wheezing really bad, hence my initial trip to the vets on Wednesday) Im going to be loving livid.

e:
Worst part is she was a rescue I hand raised from a few days old. She was part of a litter of kittens found in a dumpster filling up with rain water and garbage juice. Amazing how attached you can get to these little goobers. :smith:

e2: my other cat must sense something is wrong, she is sitting on my lap right now and she almost never does that.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 5, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtoIQoARQ7U

your cats in a better place with mr. nimoy

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it's so hard with animals. that inability to just sit down and talk to them about their symptoms

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
i would like to separate from reality

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Sorry to hear that!:( Sounds like you were a real comfort to her at the end, though.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

who is going to church today

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just learned that Ted Lange co-wrote a sex advice column called "Ask Isaac" with Jenna Jameson. The world is a wonderful place.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Berke Negri posted:

Lol

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1026131028740583424

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

feast of the assumption isn’t for another couple of weeks

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Ahmadinejad1956/status/1026049839484874752

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

My wife and I did. It's an Episcopal church, and they've set up a volunteer system that buses immigrant families to school, the store, whatever they need, so they don't have to worry about getting scooped up by ICE. We were pretty impressed with that, so we may go again.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/sseagalofficial/status/1026187294460600320?s=21

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
You gotta give it to Putin, this is a p good troll

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

You gotta give it to Putin, this is a p good troll

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ghoulcabin/status/1025147851314221057
https://twitter.com/ghoulcabin/status/1025354505465090048
https://twitter.com/ghoulcabin/status/1025412483358646272

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

He was some temporary fill-in vet since the owner and my usual vet was on holidays. He is not going to get a recommendation of any kind from me.

Im going to ask to see the x-rays on Tuesday when they open again, hopefully Ive calmed down by then. But if I see fluid or tumors in the chest cavity (she was wheezing really bad, hence my initial trip to the vets on Wednesday) Im going to be loving livid.

e:
Worst part is she was a rescue I hand raised from a few days old. She was part of a litter of kittens found in a dumpster filling up with rain water and garbage juice. Amazing how attached you can get to these little goobers. :smith:

e2: my other cat must sense something is wrong, she is sitting on my lap right now and she almost never does that.

sorry bout your catte, condolences

hope you’re holding up okay

:smith:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

anime remains good.

also about to watch the new episode of venture bros, its that fuckin time of the decade y'allllll

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/ABC7Chicago/status/1025847580851429377

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

stone cold posted:

sorry bout your catte, condolences

hope you’re holding up okay

:smith:

I keep reflexively looking to where she slept under my computer desk and I wont lie, it is no less painful today. She was a huge part of my daily unwinding routine. :smith:

Im not helping myself by watching a documentary on the Great Barrier Reef that just informed me that Australia is building something like 35 large commercial ports along the coast right near it because all the coal and oil exports take priority over preserving one of the natural wonders of the world.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

shoulda put it in like utah or oregon just to piss off everyone who gives a poo poo what kind of cheesy tomato bread product their city's italian immigrants happened to make

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Furnaceface posted:

I keep reflexively looking to where she slept under my computer desk and I wont lie, it is no less painful today. She was a huge part of my daily unwinding routine. :smith:

Im not helping myself by watching a documentary on the Great Barrier Reef that just informed me that Australia is building something like 35 large commercial ports along the coast right near it because all the coal and oil exports take priority over preserving one of the natural wonders of the world.

im so loving sorry

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

This country is beyond salvation, 7,000,000th edition.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
🍕

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Majorian posted:

This country is beyond salvation, 7,000,000th edition.

:agreed: it should be in ney york

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It should be in New Haven

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
It should be in Japan, the only country that actually experiments with pizza in an interesting way

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

It should be in Japan, the only country that actually experiments with pizza in an interesting way

you forgot about sweden

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Chicago could use a pizza museum, because that's the only place they'll ever see one.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

That seems like the least valid reason to put a museum someplace, and also 99% of their pizza is poo poo.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Randler posted:

Chicago could use a pizza museum, because that's the only place they'll ever see one.

This is an extremely anglo opinion

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Pirate Radar posted:

This is an extremely anglo opinion

I'm implying that there is nothing that can be called a pizza in Chicago, so a museum would bring pizza to the unenlightened Anglo masses, though?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Randler posted:

I'm implying that there is nothing that can be called a pizza in Chicago, so a museum would bring pizza to the unenlightened Anglo masses, though?

Chicagites are squareheads ruled over by micks, friend randler

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pirate Radar posted:

It should be in New Haven

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

now that's the america i know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i've been playing yakuza 0 and it is incredible

• Locked thread