Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Does anyone still have a copy of the song a goon made to the tune of that Alicia Keys song, but the chorus was "now you're in gibbis"? I think the next line was "the mods they will ban you, the goons will sperg out on you" or sth like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Weatherman posted:

Does anyone still have a copy of the song a goon made to the tune of that Alicia Keys song, but the chorus was "now you're in gibbis"? I think the next line was "the mods they will ban you, the goons will sperg out on you" or sth like that.

I don't have that, but I do have Beach Hunt's "Ballad of John and Yoko" parody. It's pretty good as parodies go, and exceptionally old-school.

https://soundcloud.com/user-262671135/the-ballad-of-john-and-yoko-sa-remix

necroid
May 14, 2009

Pick posted:

I don't know why that one is remembered fondly since that's just lovely and cruel for no reason.

I'm still on page 648/3274 of the /r/relationships thread and you can be really insufferable, did you calm down? You seem ok otherwise

Also moridin is a dumb gently caress and also that guy with the wolverine herpes chinballs avatar, you know who you are

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

necroid posted:

I'm still on page 648/3274 of the /r/relationships thread and you can be really insufferable, did you calm down? You seem ok otherwise

Oh it gets so much worse when she wants it to.

necroid
May 14, 2009

lol and mirthless too of course

GOOD LORD

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

necroid posted:

lol and mirthless too of course

GOOD LORD

The man who never saw a hill he didn’t want to die on.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Mirthless can't pick their battles worth poo poo, but I started finding them a lot less insufferable after that one rear end in a top hat showed up who would keep obsessively insulting Mirthless over and over for pages after the latest argument stopped, and then go "Um excuse me stop derailing the thread with your attitude" if told to knock it the gently caress off. I think he started PMing people creepy poo poo too when they got the upper hand on him, then reregged when people started recognizing him.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

necroid posted:

Oh, you sweet summer child. You have not even begun to see the depths of Picks insanity.

necroid
May 14, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Oh, you sweet summer child. You have not even begun to see the depths of Picks insanity.

since I'm saying stuff I'll say you also suck a lot when you talk about videogames

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I took a three-week break from the r/relationships thread again and now I’m over a thousand posts behind. Do I want to read all that? Maybe not.

necroid
May 14, 2009

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Catch up, nerd.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What else is there to it beyond a lonely night and a truck?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well, she draws funny Star Trek pictures and one time freaked us out by uploading a video of her digging into her skull. Pick is pretty awesome, is what I'm saying.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Viva Miriya posted:

What else is there to it beyond a lonely night and a truck?
Well, there was a relatively recent incident where in Pick said that beating your significant other is, in fact, cool and good and the only proper way to show your passion for them!

necroid posted:

since I'm saying stuff I'll say you also suck a lot when you talk about videogames

At least I admit to being terrible :colbert:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Well, there was a relatively recent incident where in Pick said that beating your significant other is, in fact, cool and good and the only proper way to show your passion for them!

Oh i saw that but I refused to believe it was real.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

elise the great posted:

I took a three-week break from the r/relationships thread again and now I’m over a thousand posts behind. Do I want to read all that? Maybe not.

I usually just skip when I have more than 100 or so posts left.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Most of r/relationships is just "my partner did a weird/bad/abusive/manipulative thing, should I leave them?" and the answer is generally a yes anyhow as I remember it. Many gems for sure, I just lost interest and then the thread produced two thousand more posts and I was defeated by the idea of slogging through. My loss, probs.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

There's the occasional success story! The saga of Pete is ever told, and there was another not too long ago of a lady refusing to put up with her husband's poo poo, to the point of the dudes own daughter from a previous marriage yelling at him for making her lose *two* mothers.
I'd link to both, but I'm phone posting from work.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Most of r/relationships is just "my partner did a weird/bad/abusive/manipulative thing, should I leave them?" and the answer is generally a yes anyhow as I remember it. Many gems for sure, I just lost interest and then the thread produced two thousand more posts and I was defeated by the idea of slogging through. My loss, probs.

There are threads where you can just jump in. This is a strength of SA. Relationships, trump, aug, etc.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Burt Sexual posted:

There are threads where you can just jump in. This is a strength of SA. Relationships, trump, aug, etc.

If you have the time, r/relationships is totally worth catching up on, just skim the dumb slapfights.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What? See, that's part of why gbs is so dumb. I just said that one slap might not be worth a divorce over (especially in the middle of a justified meltdown), and that acting like it's the trump card for being the victim in a relationship is not accurate, and the fact that it's considered the trump card for all forms of relationship abuse is itself exploited.

I mean it's like the hugh stuff though, the "legend" is more reflective of attitudes about women generally than what was actually happening. I tried to sleep with a guy who invited me camping. Not a huge thing. We hung out a lot after that and didn't talk about it.

Pick has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Aug 5, 2018

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You know what, even without reading it, for some unfathomable reason I'm sure that the r\relationship thread is abismal.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
My impression is that it’s just hundreds of dudes getting dunked on violently when they open the relationship and then realize this means less “infinite threesomes” and more “your wife can get so much dick if she wants it”

Which is funny for a while but you have to block soooo many goons to get through the derails without dying of boredom

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pick posted:

What? See, that's part of why gbs is so dumb. I just said that one slap might not be worth a divorce over (especially in the middle of a justified meltdown), and that acting like it's the trump card for being the victim in a relationship is not accurate, and the fact that it's considered the trump card for all forms of relationship abuse is itself exploited.

I mean it's like the hugh stuff though, the "legend" is more reflective of attitudes about women generally than what was actually happening. I tried to sleep with a guy who invited me camping. Not a huge thing. We hung out a lot after that and didn't talk about it.

You also said the dude who got slapped was emotionally abusing his wife by flinching when he thought his wife was about to slap him again

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

elise the great posted:

My impression is that it’s just hundreds of dudes getting dunked on violently when they open the relationship and then realize this means less “infinite threesomes” and more “your wife can get so much dick if she wants it”

Which is funny for a while but you have to block soooo many goons to get through the derails without dying of boredom

Also a lot of women getting pregnant and realising halfway in that the guy who got them pregnant is a useless manbaby, and more gender-neutral cases of people slowly realising their partner is insane.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pick posted:

Nah you did say the first thing dont be a revisionist.

If your gonna be a lovely person at least own it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

elise the great posted:

the rule of open relationships is that there's always one person who wants to do it and one person who doesn't really want to, and the one who didn't want to is the one who ends up actually finding partners

The man is usually the one who starts it and thus ends up out of luck, but it's actually purely based on whose idea it was and not gender and when women push the idea it goes just as poorly for them. Trying to open a relationship is basically just invoking an ironic punishment on yourself.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nah you did say the first thing dont be a revisionist.

If your gonna be a lovely person at least own it.

That was me ragging on people who congratulate themselves on being so resigned to life that they don't react to anything. There's a lot of people out there who are proud that they don't do x/y/z "bad thing" but the only reason they don't do that bad thing is because they literally don't do anything.

But there's no reason to re-hash that here, since that's just prob-baiting when right now all I want to do is draw/post star trek stuff, I've been out of the r/r thread for like months because it's gotten too boring, even to troll.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cock hero flux posted:

the rule of open relationships is that there's always one person who wants to do it and one person who doesn't really want to, and the one who didn't want to is the one who ends up actually finding partners

The man is usually the one who starts it and thus ends up out of luck, but it's actually purely based on whose idea it was and not gender and when women push the idea it goes just as poorly for them. Trying to open a relationship is basically just invoking an ironic punishment on yourself.

Hence the well-known saying: "If your partner opens the door to your relationship, step through it."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pick posted:

I've been out of the r/r thread for like months because it's gotten too boring, even to troll.

You posted there today

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

You posted there today

Yeah because you mentioned it here and I popped over to see what was up.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

You guys know entirely too much about Picks posting habits. Hell I only realize she posts because goons can't help but post mad dunks on her every chance they get.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Star Trek fanart is pretty rad.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Some things are rad and some things are not. One thing that is not rad is baiting other posters, taking bait and derailing. Move on.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Len posted:

You guys know entirely too much about Picks posting habits. Hell I only realize she posts because goons can't help but post mad dunks on her every chance they get.

With Windows98 and Psyopmonkey gone I think a lot of obsessives fixated on her, which is kind of like an ongoing saga in itself.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The only thing people like more than whining about Pick is whining about the people whining about Pick, as if her creating dozens of threads and admittedly trolling others is not enough of an excuse to be annoyed at her.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
whom?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Whomst've.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011