Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Yuuuuup. What did you play it on?

PC

Dude McAwesome posted:

I got bored with it and gave up half way through. What happens?

Shortly after you rescue Hope's daughter Glory, Chumbucket takes off with the Magnum Opus because he knows you're going to leave him behind when you set off across the sands. While you're off retrieving the Magnum Opus (after giving Glory a giant "gently caress you" when she tries to give you a present), Scrotus murders Hope and Glory both. You set off after Scrotus and pointlessly sacrifice the Magnum Opus in a way that horribly injures Chumbucket before burning him to death. You kill Scrotus. The end.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Fallom posted:

Shortly after you rescue Hope's daughter Glory, Chumbucket takes off with the Magnum Opus because he knows you're going to leave him behind when you set off across the sands. While you're off retrieving the Magnum Opus (and after you give Glory a giant "gently caress you" when she asks you to stick around), Scrotus murders Hope and Glory both. You set off after Scrotus and pointlessly sacrifice the Magnum Opus in a way that horribly injures Chumbucket before burning him to death.

Hoooooly poo poo. That’s some bleak poo poo right there. Thanks for the recap.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I mean there's also (at least on the PS4 with the speaker in the controller) Glory telling you to paint the desert floor with scrotus' blood

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Oh my god lol I totally forgot about What happens to Chumbucket It's completely ruthless and basically pointless iirc. Like isn't he just like "gently caress no lol, I need that boot space for petrol tanks "

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Oh my god lol I totally forgot about What happens to Chumbucket It's completely ruthless and basically pointless iirc. Like isn't he just like "gently caress no lol, I need that boot space for petrol tanks "

Yeah and in the lead-up he's pleading with you to speak to him again.

I think today I'm going to assemble Fallout 4 Modlist.txt. I beat the game once but that was before any of the DLC came out. Do people use the Nexus mod manager these days or am I still better off doing everything manually? Should I try Horizon?

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 5, 2018

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Anyone play Endless Space 2? It's an free weekend for Endless games. Looks pretty cool and has a great soundtrack though I have no idea what I'm doing.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I used NMM when I was nodding Skyrim SE. works fine as far as I can tell

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

NMM has been perfectly fine for me in Skyrim SE and Fallout 4

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I use MO2 because NMM for many many years was hot dogshit. MO2 has a steeper learning curve but it's a far superior product even after all the work they've done to improve NMM.

NMM dumps all your bullshit into the \data\ directory and hopes for the best. MO2 creates a virtual filesystem that lets you intelligently order things, so you can for example control which mods or loose files override each other. It also has LOOT built in, which is an automatic load order sorting program for those that don't want to organize their stuff themselves.

95% of game crashes or mod issues are related to load order or overwriting. In my current playthrough of FO4 with 190 mods I haven't had a single crash.

edit: there's a creation club mod (that you can get elsewhere easily :ssh:) that adds like a dozen different dogs that you can find and adopt. I have been running around the entire map at a very low level, ignoring and avoiding as much danger as I can, so that I can collect all these heckin doggos.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 5, 2018

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Mustang posted:

Anyone play Endless Space 2? It's an free weekend for Endless games. Looks pretty cool and has a great soundtrack though I have no idea what I'm doing.

I think I played Endless Space 2 for about 30 minutes before I uninstalled it. I suspect twenty year old me would probably have loved it, but these days I don't have any patience for games that require me to sperg out for hours on UI details and gameplay subtleties before I'm able to enjoy it. If you're into Stellaris you'll probably have a good time with it.

I have played quite a lot of Endless Legend though. Not quite sure if the UI was easier to grasp or if I just liked the setting/theme better.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ok here is my list

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcOdtwioEfI

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I can hear the sirens and natural disasters in my head now

I can still quote probably half the cutscenes/voice injections from SimCity.

ROADS DETERIORATING DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
HELICOPTER ONE REPORTS HEAVY TRAFFIC

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

HELICOPTER ONE GOING DOWN

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Couple of former Eve goons got back into NMS, so I figured I'd give it another look on Steam. There were 37 minutes left on the clock for the 50% sale, so I pulled the trigger

:capitalism:

I haven't even looked at any videos of the game, and my impression is that it's Minecraft in space, but the multiplayer sucked, and now I hear there's optional (?) functions to seek out other players and cooperate / kick their sandcastles over?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Apropos of nothing, but is anyone surprised by the German goon being an EVE player?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Couple of former Eve goons got back into NMS, so I figured I'd give it another look on Steam. There were 37 minutes left on the clock for the 50% sale, so I pulled the trigger

:capitalism:

I haven't even looked at any videos of the game, and my impression is that it's Minecraft in space, but the multiplayer sucked, and now I hear there's optional (?) functions to seek out other players and cooperate / kick their sandcastles over?

condolences

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Find someone's shelter and surround it in dirt

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Apropos of nothing, but is anyone surprised by the German goon being an EVE player?

Excel may be in our blood, but faffing about and kicking over other people's sandcastles / dying miserably in the attempt was kinda fun. :shrug:
Haven't played the the game in like 3 years by now I think.

Also, do any of the like 10 Evegoons in GiP even still play the game?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I played it off and on for a couple months, then just decided that I didn't have / want to spend the time on it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

yoooo Guacamelee! 2 comes out in a few weeks

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I need to finish the first one. If you like that style of game I have to say Hollow Knight is really good. Haven't finished it but it's easily the biggest and best metroidvania I've ever played

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

mods changed my name posted:

I need to finish the first one. If you like that style of game I have to say Hollow Knight is really good. Haven't finished it but it's easily the biggest and best metroidvania I've ever played

Hollow Knight is great. First time I picked it up I gave up one hour into it. Second time I picked it up I played through it over two weeks or so.

As long as you go in knowing that you’re going to die lots and it’s supposed to be hard, then you’re ready to go.

Pretty sure they’re still releasing content for it as well.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Also, rip fallout 76, it's not launching on steam

https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-wont-launch-on-steam/

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
hahaha they really want that thing to be a turd

like how do you gently caress up such a slam dunk IP

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The first one is really good and I think they had only added co-op way after the fact, which is also cool and good. There's a few bosses that are ridiculously hard though. I have Hollow Knight on the switch but have only given it a brief go. Need to really sit down and play it.

Wondering if I should wait for the inevitable Guacamelee! 2 Switch release or just get the PS4 one

lmao I thought everyone had realized this was almost always a bad idea that ostracized their player base

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
If you aren't in a rush just wait until you want to actually play it and buy it where it's cheaper imo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you aren't in a rush just wait until you want to actually play it and buy it where it's cheaper imo

PS+ is doing a small discount, $16 seems low enough so i'll probably just buy it digitally on PS4 anyway

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I forgot Bethesda had their own lovely launcher but I guess everyone has one these days

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Gonna be interesting to see how they try and monetize it, too. FO4's Creation Club is obscenely overpriced and easily bypassed - they make you download the assets in client updates so all you need is the .esp/.esl to activate it, there's whole subreddits devoted to :filez: for it. The engine is nowhere near capable of handling any sort of DRM any sort, so I wonder just how much they changed it for '76.

Sorry, I don't want to pay almost 22 dollars for 12 unique model dogs that I have to go collect. I would pay 2 dollars.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Fallout 76 is so obviously doomed that two finger has probably pre-ordered it and is "really looking forward to it"

:prepop:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fallout 76 is so obviously doomed that two finger has probably pre-ordered it and is "really looking forward to it"

Duzzy Funlop already planning to ignore the mountains of negative coverage and buy it in two years asking what the fuss was about

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I was like so close to channeling my inner Duzzy and buying euro truck simulator for $5 during the steam sale and I honestly kind of regret passing it up

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ETS is genuinely fun

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fallom posted:

ETS is genuinely fun

Farming Simulator, too

We could run a GiP co-op farm

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Farming Simulator, too

We could run a GiP co-op farm

Pretty sure I said it in wt but I'd maybe consider that. I kind of want a chill pve thing tbh

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Better slam if you hadn't hit me with the exact same thing last month

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I don't even remember what I posted an hour ago, so you should feel honored that I remembered your name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Just finished Wasteland 2. It kind of scratched the itch that's been there since Fallout 2. It's nowhere near as good, but considering its Kickstarter origins, it's impressive. I might even pick up the sequel when it's released (this year?).