Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wow, never before seen footages? :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Maybe they finally found the original Super Hornio Brothers.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I miss Bob Hoskins, I think I'll watch Super Mario Bros. tonight.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Max Wilco posted:

Seeing this, I wonder why more people haven't done this.

I've got a pretty decent movie Mario & Luigi in my XCOM 2 character pool, it's pretty fun.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's an extra five minutes that consists of nothing but closeups of them strapping the boot boosters on.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Ghostlight posted:

It's an extra five minutes that consists of nothing but closeups of them strapping the boot boosters on.

Sold.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Youtube mobile's recomendations took me to a "Replace Gordon Freeman with (insert another game's protagonist)" involving Spyro mod for Half-Life. This is somehow less weird of a concept than the skateboarding minigame in one of the ps1 Spyro games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy_3gZMxWNQ

The description of the ModDB page posted:

History and 'why'?

While I've always been a big fan of the Spyro series, and have wanted to make a fan game at some point, I never actually thought about doing this till I saw the release of the Crash: N. Sane Trilogy. Once I saw this games success I knew that the Spyro series was also going to get the same treatment and it occurred to me that I could make a game about a relevant game series for a change. I thought about several things I could do like making a fan game in a engine like Unity or Unreal, but I've always enjoyed using Goldsrc and Xash3D so I thought about the challenge of getting this purple dragon into Half-Life. And from there the mod pretty much came to life.

Now for the 'why' question. It's to get famous obviously. Alright, the real reason is because why not, it's a neat programming challenge for myself, and as I said above this can help me make a fan game after the initial game mechanics are put in.  (NOTE: THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE WAS IN SPOILER TEXT FOR SOME REASON)This can also help me with a Prospero remake sort-of-thing I mentioned on my Twitter but that's for later.

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 3, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That neck puts me in mind of the headbangers from Brutal Legend.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The first one looks alright but that's it. They're practically textureless :psyduck:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the AO is real subtle, it looks like it's on all of them but the flat, saturated textures aren't doing the occlusion any favors

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

So, uh. Is this a race mod to play as your dad in skyrim or something?

And dad gave himself sick hair

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
T - S H I R T S

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

That's a pretty weird Triple H in Skyrim mod.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Cross-posting from the Retro FPS thread, which is my internet home and you are all welcome to pass out on the couch, or the toilet, whichever you reach first:

catlord posted:

Oh, and then there's this. All I'm going to say is that the Vortex Rikers looks awfully greeble-y.
Before, For Comparison:

After:

catlord posted:

So that Unreal remake project is apparently a bigger clusterfuck than it looked. It got featured in Moddb's Week in Mods where it turns out that the creator's been deleting all the negative comments, and now they're having a meltdown in the comments section of the Week in Mods article because of course they are. Also, they have video of the interior of the Vortex Rikers, and it's somehow even more hideous than you'd think.
https://www.moddb.com/features/this-week-in-mods-august-3-2018

The Kins posted:

don't worry we stecwirkikibg for remove you from this site

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Please, no! Not the stecwirkikibg!

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

That imgur image seems to be gone already. What was in it?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rectus posted:

That imgur image seems to be gone already. What was in it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:stare:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Digirat posted:

Please, no! Not the stecwirkikibg!
Put you in the stecwirkikibg clutch! u talk to be humble!

At least, in a perfect world. More meltdowns would be read like a wrestling promo gone wrong.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

13k views is so many :allears: even I've made mods with more actual users than that

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Well bless your heart

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Someone really should take up the Flash Tub mantle and do another Best of Weekend Web.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

The mention of a Prospero remake thing is extremely curious, considering it's a project that Valve worked on for a couple of years alongside Half-Life that by all accounts never really went anywhere, despite having some promise and innovative ideas for its time (the basic premise of a central library of "worlds" or games pretty much turned into Steam). I mean, how do you remake something based on seven in-dev screenshots, three pieces of character concept art and a few snippets of text?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Ruflux posted:

The mention of a Prospero remake thing is extremely curious, considering it's a project that Valve worked on for a couple of years alongside Half-Life that by all accounts never really went anywhere, despite having some promise and innovative ideas for its time (the basic premise of a central library of "worlds" or games pretty much turned into Steam). I mean, how do you remake something based on seven in-dev screenshots, three pieces of character concept art and a few snippets of text?

Mythologizing your personal fan-fiction about what could have been until it turns into a personal mission, I reckon.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I could have told you that an Unreal remake mod was going to be a shitshow from the outset. I've been involved in three, starting in the days of UT2004, and every single one has imploded spectacularly.

Which is a shame; Unreal would work pretty well in a contemporary engine. The gameplay is still pretty solid, there are no major complicated systems to overhaul, and the levels were all set up to show off the fanciest parts of the engine in '98, so the concepts can be used well in an updated game instead of having to completely go back to the drawing board like a lot of remakes do. Based on the number of projects that have failed to do this, both with and without my involvement, I'm guessing it''s not meant to be though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

:siren:Spoilers ahead!:siren:

Yakuza 0 finally hit PC.

Which means people can now finally I N T E R A C T with the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzuINClrle4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL7AqqwlRN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHr13HftWwo

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

It's even a recognisable area from Stalker :allears:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
You guys see this new gmod thing Jazztronauts? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1452613192

It kinda rules?

You can use whatever player model you want too

Anyway the tl;dr of this mode is you load up randomly selected maps from the gmod workshop, and run around stealing all the items/npcs/walls and floors etc from them. Then go back to the hub and drop it all off for cash to upgrade your stealing tools with.

Ran through a horror-themed map with jumpscares and poo poo earlier and stumbled upon this!

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Light Gun Man posted:

You guys see this new gmod thing Jazztronauts?

The announcement video from a few months back got posted here, but nobody's mentioned it since.

Gotta agree the writing is fantastic, but the Cellist is just one of those characters for who pretty much nearly everything they say is quotable:

edit:
Oh, and the Trolley you summon to leave levels is goddamn wizardry for something done in a source engine mod:
https://giant.gfycat.com/EnchantedGoldenHackee.webm

Icedude fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Aug 7, 2018

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Icedude posted:

The announcement video from a few months back got posted here, but nobody's mentioned it since.

Gotta agree the writing is fantastic, but the Cellist is just one of those characters for who pretty much nearly everything they say is quotable:

edit:
Oh, and the Trolley you summon to leave levels is goddamn wizardry for something done in a source engine mod:
https://giant.gfycat.com/EnchantedGoldenHackee.webm

gently caress, that trolley is cool.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Lunethex posted:

gently caress, that trolley is cool.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i might have to stream that poo poo, it looks incredible

e: OH MY GOD THE AUTHOR IS FOOHY

no wonder it's so amazing

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 7, 2018

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

Ran through a horror-themed map with jumpscares and poo poo earlier and stumbled upon this!

:wtc:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Light Gun Man posted:

Hello, old friend.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ring present, 10/10.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Wrong hand.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nostalgamus posted:

Wrong hand.

If someone files a bug report they may fix it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Could someone post the trolly webm on a website that actually works on mobile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Coolguye posted:

e: OH MY GOD THE AUTHOR IS FOOHY

no wonder it's so amazing

Yeah, Foohy and Mr. Sunabouzu did this. It's got pedigree.