Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
Here's the deal with teralysts and corpro vs no corpro.

You basically want to reduce their armor as much as possible, while leaving them with a yellow bar. This is because "Alloy Armor" health-type takes +75% more damage from radiation damage. If you strip their armor away and they have a red health bar, you're doing damage against "Robotic" health-type, and your radiation damage deals only +25% more damage to that.

I guess a possibility is you could run 100% armor reduction and mod for pure electric damage, which gets a +50% multiplier against Robotic. But it's a lot easier to scale radiation damage on a weapon than pure electric damage.

Ideally, you want to try and run as close to 99% armor reduction on them, but not 100%, this way you keep their health bar yellow, and your radiation damage gets a 75% more multiplier against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I don't think the argument is "which has the higher calculated efficiency," I think the argument is "Do you really need to worry about it if you're not grinding round 15 of epic onslaught." And the answer is probably no, you don't need to worry about it outside of crazy endgame stuff or Eidolon speedruns.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

GenericOverusedName posted:

The all eximus grineer interception for the one devstream mission sure made me wish I had brought it, though.

That alert loving SUCKED.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pound_Coin posted:

I quite enjoyed it. Hydroid is really fun in Interceptions if you play as a roving troubleshooter (well, troubledrowner), and my squidboy is pretty beefy. A Corrosive/Blast Sybaris with multishot, critical chance, and critical damage will cut through even the crunchiest Grineer nasties, too.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 5, 2018

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I enjoyed it because it was a real challenge and my team won by the absolute skin of our teeth. It was a lot more engaging than yet another 10 minute compstomp.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

The one I'm talking about was the all exterminus grineer one from the dev stream, it wasn't on hydron/helene for us it was that cavern map and it was an utter clusterfuck. Half the time I was slowed/frozen, then getting flipped by firewaves, stupidly took in a Lenz without realising that the ice shields completely block its main's damage. Just generally a mess. Probably a lot easier with a better loadout.

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 5, 2018

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah that map blows for interceptions. I got downed once...by the lenz

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Because the lines of sight are so long, you get the exterminus's putting up their shields and doing their wave attacks as soon as they see you. I was a Rhino ffs and i was getting flipped so often I couldnt even get ironskin on

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Pound_Coin posted:

I loved that alert, it was some of the most fun I've had with the game in a while. Genuinely tough, which is a rarity once you get to the endgame power level.

For what it's worth, I did it solo.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

A friend and I dragged two pubbies through that interception thanks to me locking down half the map with Saryn and my friend keeping every enemy on the other half occupied as Nekros, I really liked it and I'd honestly do it again.

Bringing my extremely good tiberon prime with a crit riven helped a lot though, I can't imagine how everyone else on the map fared trying to crack those walls of eximi shields

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Psion posted:

At the end of the day no aura matters when you aren't dealing with high level armor and only corpro matters when you are. The auras themselves might need an overhaul because that's pretty dumb the entire system can boil down to that, but it also means the prevailing wisdom of slot corpro and forget it remains true until then.

Take Corpro. It's optimal 90% of the time and merely useful the rest.

I could probably come up with a few weird, corner cases where other auras would be optimal (e.g., sprint boost in spy and rescue). The problem is that aura mods themselves have the different polarities, so you can't switch easily.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pound_Coin posted:

The one I'm talking about was the all exterminus grineer one from the dev stream, it wasn't on hydron/helene for us it was that cavern map and it was an utter clusterfuck. Half the time I was slowed/frozen, then getting flipped by firewaves, stupidly took in a Lenz without realising that the ice shields completely block its main's damage. Just generally a mess. Probably a lot easier with a better loadout.

That was the one I was talking about, and it pushed us a little, but it really wasn’t so bad. Those huge formations have no defence against you leaping in, turning into a puddle of water in midair, scooping up any stragglers in a tidal wave, and then charging up a Tentacle Swarm to turn the entire area into a hentai manga.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't know how people can say that CorPro doesn't matter.
I can absolutely feel the difference between doing a sortie with 1 CorPro and doing a Sortie with 4 CorPros.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010

Dueling Bandsaws posted:

https://semlar.com/rivenprices/lanka

Another site that pulls riven prices from trade chat, which can give you a relative idea of what rivens/stats people are looking for.

A rough guide to finding “meta” riven weapons is to look for weapons with good base numbers (crit, status, etc.) but high dispos: that usually indicates the weapon has a weird mechanic that people ignore in favor of more straightforward weapons, but will give a second look if they can get a +200% crit riven for it.

I appreciate this, but I'm starting to think the problem is partially boiling down to wanting to keep most of my Rivens and make them work. The ones I want to get rid of just don't seem to sell and the ones I want to keep, well, I want to keep. I guess at that stage any plat for ones I don't personally care about is profit. I'll try and use the website to not make any hideously egregious mistakes, but after I've sold a few I'll grab some more Riven slots anyway.

Tbh I'm a sucker for the Riven mechanic. And I love my Nami Skyla Riven. And my Hystrix Riven. And my Sybaris Riven. I think this more a me problem than a market problem.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I thing I have learned that corpro is good and that it should be called copro instead because it'd be funnier.

Also radar tower camping and database recovery missions are horrible in different ways for me, but entirely because I have to rely on the other players not being terrible.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SIGSEGV posted:

I thing I have learned that corpro is good and that it should be called copro instead because it'd be funnier.

Also radar tower camping and database recovery missions are horrible in different ways for me, but entirely because I have to rely on the other players not being terrible.

Crafting spectres and assigning them to guard particular points will take a lot of the stress off Interceptions. Especially if you base them off Volt - Volt spectres under Hold Position orders are almost totally invincible gun turrets.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

I don't think I was clear enough in an earlier post, especially if you're newer to the game and trying to absorb this info. There's also some vets that have been playing forever and don't get this stuff. Just to further clarify how huge the difference is between 4x corpro and 3x corpro, I'm gonna use a rough example.

Scenario #1 -- 3x corpro and you're doing viral damage against a heavy gunner:

Heavy gunner has 10k HP with a yellow health bar. Your weapon does 1k viral damage. You shoot the heavy gunner, you do about 750 damage.

Scenario #2 -- 4x corpro and you're doing viral damage against a heavy gunner:

Heavy gunner has 10k HP with a red health bar, because her armor is 100% removed and she's left with "Clone Fleshed" health-type. You weapon does 1k viral damage. You shoot the heavy gunner, you do about 1750 damage.

So one single corpro more than doubled your damage.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pound_Coin posted:

Because the lines of sight are so long, you get the exterminus's putting up their shields and doing their wave attacks as soon as they see you. I was a Rhino ffs and i was getting flipped so often I couldnt even get ironskin on

Yeah, it was rough. Got a tiny bit better when I remembered I could #1 Blade Dash through the fire waves. That is, ofc, assuming the other Eximus haven't drained all my energy.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

I took my spidercatlady and basically zoomed around, bowling over the comically long ant-lines of eximus with my operator's dash and slapped jungle gyms all over their dumb grineer faces and zipped away to lather-rinse-repeat. It was a fun alert. :3:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
The part that really annoyed me about the all-eximus mission was the lack of energy drops.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I did that Eximus intercept with Harrow using a Pyrana Prime and Arcane Velocity, the amount of screen shake in that mission was insane, but it was a lot of fun.

Bladestorm Ash is my frame of choice for pubbing enhanced armor sorties. I don't even bother with Corpro, Steel Charge and slash procs for everyone.

Darth Walrus posted:

Crafting spectres and assigning them to guard particular points will take a lot of the stress off Interceptions. Especially if you base them off Volt - Volt spectres under Hold Position orders are almost totally invincible gun turrets.

Nidus with a Zarr is my spectre of choice, it heals itself, heals any nearby allies, minor CC with the maggots, and when I'm nearby it'll link with me for a damage boost.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

That eximus alert was cake for me. Me and a random pubbie were both Nova so we went to opposite sides and kept every wave permaslowed. I don't think anyone even went down.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
If a riven has a kill x things in x seconds, does the timer start when you kill the first whatever, or when the purple acknowledgement box pops up on the bottom of the screen?

Sick of trudging across PoE to shoot flying condrocs...

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like I need some sort of guide to building your first basic amp and the steps involved and what the difference is between the parts, like what a klebrik does compared to a sloopamoop or flurginspeil?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

While none of this is wrong, I maintain that I really have to be paying attention to notice the difference between everything dying in one second instead of half a second.

Though really, "unnoticeable" is probably the wrong word. I definitely figured out that if I played with pubs instead of 4x corpro goon parties, I would get to play the game more!!

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Elissimpark posted:

If a riven has a kill x things in x seconds, does the timer start when you kill the first whatever, or when the purple acknowledgement box pops up on the bottom of the screen?

Sick of trudging across PoE to shoot flying condrocs...

IIRC it's a running counter, so it's any particular span of that period of time.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Magus42 posted:

The part that really annoyed me about the all-eximus mission was the lack of energy drops.

The part that annoyed me was the bellend playing as Frost who bubble locked all the goddamn lines of sight.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

IIRC it's a running counter, so it's any particular span of that period of time.

I know that. The problem is that I shoot a condroc, the game decides that adding to my pest control tally is a higher priority than the riven conditions, so by the time it's acknowledged the kill as per the riven, I've killed the other two condrocs I need, but the game claims I've only killed one.

So, do I need to kill one, wait for the riven box to pop up, and only then shoot the other two?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I pubbed through that mission.

And we had a limbo on the team. My gun was useless, but I was valkyr so the lack of bullets meant nothing and I just used my melee weapon. Hirudo + war cry + eternal war = I do more damage than enemies can do to me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Elissimpark posted:

I know that. The problem is that I shoot a condroc, the game decides that adding to my pest control tally is a higher priority than the riven conditions, so by the time it's acknowledged the kill as per the riven, I've killed the other two condrocs I need, but the game claims I've only killed one.

So, do I need to kill one, wait for the riven box to pop up, and only then shoot the other two?

The popups are irrelevant, the game still keeps count. You were probably a bit too slow.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

You should just be able to pop three and wait for your notifications to catch up.

I ended up doing that eximi alert with a dumb pubbie Frost, a smart pubbie Nyx, and then a friend and I as Saryn and trinity I think. Trinity or Nova, either way it was a cakewalk by happy accident.

To add to corpro talk, when our guns already vaporize, smash, melt, or ragdoll dudes to the moon to death corpro makes less of a difference. To someone still working their way through the star chart, just hit neptune or uranus and suddenly runs up against armor they can't instantly click to death, corpro makes a decent chunk of difference. I'd say it's still really up to them, maybe they want to run energy siphon because of their build and they don't have pizzas and arcanes, or they want to see what kind of numbers they can do against low level trash in endless missions with steel charge, great. But when it comes to really needing bigger numbers against things that you aren't going to one shot corpro is the way to go, and so is a full team of corpro. It's the one-shotiest.

But also play to have fun, I say all those words and do not care what aura you bring.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Jack Trades posted:

I don't know how people can say that CorPro doesn't matter.
I can absolutely feel the difference between doing a sortie with 1 CorPro and doing a Sortie with 4 CorPros.

Yeah I'm right here with you. I feel like anyone arguing that it doesn't matter is probably inadvertently spending a lot of time in goon squads where the other 3 people have corpro.

The other thing is, what are you going to run instead? +melee damage? +sniper damage? +pistol damage? Corpro, at the very least, gives everyone on your team a flat +damage buff for all of their weapons, any time you fight something with armor.

More importantly though, because the way armor scales is non linear, the last corpro you bring is about five times more valuable than the other corpros.

A sortie 3 (or EOS zone 4-ish) nox has 2,866.72 armor. This is a 91% dmg reduction.

1 Corpro: 2150 armor. Now he's at 87%. 1st corpro knocked 4% off his DR.
2 Corpro: 1433 armor. Now he's at 82%. 2nd corpro knocked 5% off his DR.
3 Corpro: 716 armor. Now he's at 70%. 3rd corpro knocked 12% off his DR.
And the forth will do the entire remaining 70%.

So if you are in a squad with 3 corpro and you choose to run a +melee damage or whatever, you are essentially giving your team that damage, at the cost of 70% DR for high armored enemies. That's an extremely lovely trade.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Anyone have any Chesa Kubrow imprints?

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Sarsapariller posted:

The other thing is, what are you going to run instead?

Growing Power, with a sped-up Artax spamming cold status. Or the +4 mod slots from steel charge - why does that give more anyway?

Both of which are very selfish options though, I'd never turn up to a goon group for anything remotely challenging without corpro.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Sarsapariller posted:

More importantly though, because the way armor scales is non linear, the last corpro you bring is about five times more valuable than the other corpros.

Each point of percentage based damage reduction is more valuable than the last, so saying it's five times more valuable is inaccurate. The amount of relative damage reduction gained by going from 70% to 82% is a 40% reduction, for example. So the last corpro in your example that takes it from 70 to 0 is significantly more valuable than the one before it, but it's 75% more valuable not 500%.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

The popups are irrelevant, the game still keeps count. You were probably a bit too slow.

Thought this at first, but shot four in a short period of time, and only ever acknowledged one. Had to check that there's only one type of bird on PoE to make sure I wasn't just killing random wildlife for no reason...

FunkyFjord posted:

You should just be able to pop three and wait for your notifications to catch up.

Sigh, will try again later.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

I just want to point out that aegof is a good dude with good opinions. He, along with many goons, has hooked me up with rivens and helped me out in a bunch of different ways in my time playing Warframe.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Christ, I thought the braton was uninspired but the good karak was there to set me right.

Also, apparently, I should look into consumables.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 6, 2018

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!

Dahbadu posted:

I don't think I was clear enough in an earlier post, especially if you're newer to the game and trying to absorb this info. There's also some vets that have been playing forever and don't get this stuff. Just to further clarify how huge the difference is between 4x corpro and 3x corpro, I'm gonna use a rough example.

Scenario #1 -- 3x corpro and you're doing viral damage against a heavy gunner:

Heavy gunner has 10k HP with a yellow health bar. Your weapon does 1k viral damage. You shoot the heavy gunner, you do about 750 damage.

Scenario #2 -- 4x corpro and you're doing viral damage against a heavy gunner:

Heavy gunner has 10k HP with a red health bar, because her armor is 100% removed and she's left with "Clone Fleshed" health-type. You weapon does 1k viral damage. You shoot the heavy gunner, you do about 1750 damage.

So one single corpro more than doubled your damage.

But why are you attacking armoured Grineer with viral? The optimal choice is corrosive. I'm not able to look at numbers right now, but of course you're going to do less damage using a worse damage type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So how should you build a Hek for maximum obscenity? Scattered Justice, Hell’s Chamber, Point Blank, Blunderbuss, Ravage, Seeking Fury, Charged Shell, Contagious Spread?