Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/stopthenextutr/status/1026204849547997184

https://twitter.com/stopthenextutr/status/1026205198933479425

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

It's not ironic, I'm not really sure what it is. Basically though, if they genuinely believed democrats were raping and murdering children under pizza parlors, they would do something about it. They don't really believe it at some level, even if everything else about them suggests they do. I have no idea what to call that.

boomers are insanely bad at critical thinking online

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Uolhl0aiM

stream

amber and the chuds are pushed up against the wall surrounded by hundreds yelling "no more charlotsville in their faces"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/RoseCityAntifa/status/1025859784711397376

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've gotta wonder what they thought would happen

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

like the whole reason sharing dumb fake stories of Patriots and Marines and Owned Libs on facebook is still A Thing is because boomers take that poo poo 100% seriously

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/alloutbay/status/1026205414554263553

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I've gotta wonder what they thought would happen

the cowardly libs would all run and hide and the glorious master race would rush out to greet them as heroes

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

another stream
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1PlJQrEWZjdxE

dammit, they just paused it :(

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
lol someone threw poo poo or urine all over them, cant tell

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

an imaginary donald trump who looks like a ben garrison cartoon would drop down from the sky on a cloud of light and congratulate them

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
THATS ILLEGAL i scream covered in mysterious liquid

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Yinlock posted:

boomers are insanely bad at critical thinking online

I lol everyday that people make scare posts about kids these days losing their minds to the unfiltered horror of the internet, unlike older more in the know internet users.
When the real danger is the clueless old fucks being let loose on the internet, as amply demonstrated.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Grape posted:

I lol everyday that people make scare posts about kids these days losing their minds to the unfiltered horror of the internet, unlike older more in the know internet users.
When the real danger is the clueless old fucks being let loose on the internet, as amply demonstrated.

tbf kids can be serious dumbasses online too, but they at least need to be tricked into becoming nazis sometimes

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

any digitally naive person is at risk of amplifying their dumbassery, falling for some dumbassery, or joining a murderous cult mob

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
opa! fighting just broke out on the RT stream

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
another stream channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rka8CEteK0E

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bullfrog posted:

any digitally naive person is at risk of amplifying their dumbassery, falling for some dumbassery, or joining a murderous cult mob

the internet makes you stupid

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the struggalo circus

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
okay grandma so youre all set with facebook and can see all the pictures i take of Timmy

*three years later*

no grandma im pretty sure trump isnt blinking in morse code at his rallies to keep you updated on the secret military trial of john podesta

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Crowsbeak posted:

It's why I have a rifle now. I pretty much think we;re no matter what headed towards some sort of civil conflict in ten years.

Lmbo a rifle. What will you do when you encounter martial arts masters whose skin is impervious to bullets. Crowsbeak, external treasures such as guns will only take you so far. The only thing you can truly depend upon is personal strength

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Data Graham posted:

Any more details on how many fash cars were towed / aggregate total of getting them out of impound?
They were driven away from tow trucks and security vehicles circling like sharks in the water, and ended up moving to a public parking lot https://www.columbian.com/news/2018/aug/04/patriot-prayer-vancouver-meeting-point-moved-hundreds-head-to-portland/

jarofpiss posted:

the dude that the police tried to murder with a 40mm round okay?
In the hospital, needed stitches and a drain tube in the wound, probably staying in at least until the drain comes out and they're sure there's no infection and no bleeding under his skull.

fool_of_sound posted:

I mean yeah I've been saying since the instant I became politically aware that apparently being conservatives severs your ability to comprehend irony. Even young conservatives are miserably earnest or mistake 'irony' for saying your sincere but usually hidden beliefs out loud.
Same with humor. Have you heard a conservative of any age try to tell an original joke?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

paranoid randroid posted:

okay grandma so youre all set with facebook and can see all the pictures i take of Timmy

*three years later*

no grandma im pretty sure trump isnt blinking in morse code at his rallies to keep you updated on the secret military trial of john podesta

there was a post here i recall vividly from i dunno, ten years ago that was way too many words about how the primary driver ofmo dern politics was going to be peoples' collective inability to deal with a wildly more equitable distribution andn availability of information

at the time i think i laughed but they were so unbelievably right lmao

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

*three years later*

please don’t post stories from my life

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Jon Podcasta

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Calibanibal posted:

Lmbo a rifle. What will you do when you encounter martial arts masters whose skin is impervious to bullets. Crowsbeak, external treasures such as guns will only take you so far. The only thing you can truly depend upon is personal strength

what if it was a rifle refined by a spirit severing expert

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the internet makes you stupid

it's more like you're already stupid and the internet just has many ways to take advantage of that

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Suburban white men were just like this in the 90s: disconnected from any notion of a social existence and primed by talk radio to believe wild murder conspiracy poo poo about the Clintons, basically driven by racial resentment beginning with Brown v Board and stoked by affirmative action in the present.

Nothing has really changed for most of them. How many had some notion of UN black helicopters and the feds coming for their guns?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the struggalo circus
back in the ancient days of 2016 i had no idea that the juggalos were one of the most steadfast allies of the left

I feel much happier knowing this information

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

business hammocks posted:

Suburban white men were just like this in the 90s: disconnected from any notion of a social existence and primed by talk radio to believe wild murder conspiracy poo poo about the Clintons, basically driven by racial resentment beginning with Brown v Board and stoked by affirmative action in the present.

Nothing has really changed for most of them. How many had some notion of UN black helicopters and the feds coming for their guns?

when your life is lovely you need to find who is responsible, and the rich have dedicated centuries solely towards convincing people it's not them

this makes peoples' brains break

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

And of course, she's filming it

e: nice to see some good old tinfoil hat craziness on Twitter for a change, instead of tired boring humorless trolls (thread):

https://twitter.com/Charpy73/status/1026217074023182345

hackbunny has issued a correction as of 22:47 on Aug 5, 2018

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Since I don't feel like having my brain pickled trying to do a deeper dive into it myself, what kind of system as developed with these Q-anon people to prevent fakers and verify "actual" Q posts

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Yinlock posted:

what if it was a rifle refined by a spirit severing expert

Powerful yes, but that wouldn't make its user equal to the refiner

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Since I don't feel like having my brain pickled trying to do a deeper dive into it myself, what kind of system as developed with these Q-anon people to prevent fakers and verify "actual" Q posts

you have to type a password on a website

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

the previous password was something like Freedom1776 so it was a pretty good password, upper case letter and four numbers

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

no one knows what the current password is

imagine if it was something like Deth2Tyrants that would be a good one, got an intentional misspelling and a number and TWO capital letters

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I figured it had to be something pretty stringent to prevent the whole thing devolving into people pretending to be Q or whatever. Sucks though because it makes it that much harder to hijack the thing. Nothing would be a more fitting end to this whole thing than getting boomers to walk into Starbucks or something yelling the Constitution verbatim like they're in the middle of a fugue state because of a post on 4chan

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

tag yourself, im HIGH PRIESTS OF AMUN

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1026192750159360000

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm torn between 5G Kill Grid (great band name) and the always intriguing Merovingian Bloodline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

fool_of_sound posted:

It's not ironic, I'm not really sure what it is. Basically though, if they genuinely believed democrats were raping and murdering children under pizza parlors, they would do something about it. They don't really believe it at some level, even if everything else about them suggests they do. I have no idea what to call that.

I have a co-worker who believes her office is bugged because a co-worker she hates always emails her about poo poo she just talked about recently. I tried explaining confirmation bias to her but she will not budge from this position. I then explained to her that if she legitimately believes this, instead of whispering in her own office she's obligated to search for and find the bug and expose this extremely illegal behavior that only she claims to believe in and she never does - she would rather stew in a paranoid delusion than risk the possibility she might be wrong, because if she was wrong it would mean she'd have to stop thinking these negative but apparently highly satisfying thoughts.

I've decided to leave her to her own devices but I see this attitude mirrored in pizzagaters and qanon folk - they claim to be certain but don't want to risk being proven wrong so they never do anything about it. They'd rather let children get trafficked than actually put any more of their credibility on the line. Say what you will about the guy who actually shot up that pizza place, he believed what he believed and he actually tried to do something about it.

I wonder how these folks justify their lack of action to themselves, if they bother at all.