Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/07/03/tactica-new-cards-for-your-leaders/

These all look real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

After playing a tutorial game at a Warhammer store over the weekend, I was inspired to buy some Shadespire stuff and try it out with my roommate. Still getting a proper feel for the rules, but overall really enjoying it so far. I imagine it's going to be a lot of fun to pick up and play once we have the rules down.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

I think it depends on your meta - the London scene has pretty much written that pack off from the cards they've revealed across different sources. So many of the cards are trap choices, at least here.

First Shadespire expansion I won't be getting day one.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

glitchkrieg posted:

I think it depends on your meta - the London scene has pretty much written that pack off from the cards they've revealed across different sources. So many of the cards are trap choices, at least here.

I feel that a lot of cards in the series aren't traps. Not on purpose at least. Most of them seem like misguided attempts at trying to make the game have more epic plays or flesh out a faction's play style. I'm not defending their choices, but at least they're attempting to making stuff more interesting.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

glitchkrieg posted:

Tell me more! I haven’t played since LGT so I’ve got no idea what’s up with the game at the moment.

(Not that I had much then either, Aggro Stormcast seems like a pretty newb setup.)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I just had what night be the most one sided match :stare:

My Orks vs my coworker's Farstriders. We both deploy along the front lines. He goes first and puts his Leader on Guard. I play Gorkamorka's Blessing and then on my activation I charge and kill his Leader with Gurzag, scoring 3 Glory for the kill + Victorious Duel. Throw WAAAGH on Bonekutta for +1 Damage on a Charge.

He shoots Bonekutta and then puts another shot into him with Volley and plays Hidden Walls, so I just move Hakka step forward 1 hex.

I forget what he did after that, cycle an objective maybe. Bonekutta charges and 1-shots one of his 2 Striders thanks to being Inspired + WAAAGH.

He charges Hakka and does some damage, I inspire and punch back for 2. Roll off for round 2, I go first and Hakka finishes putting that guy in the dirt.

We ended up playing out of the rest of the rounds and I got a few things like Denial, Conquest, and Plant A Standard.

I rolled so many crits and pretty much nothing could have gone better :black101: I won 14-0

I might have some of the timing of the actions mixed up, actually, but either way it was a bad day to be a Farstrider and 1-shotting two of them was glorious.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 10, 2018

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Why did he start within range of your boys?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I think he just wanted to be closer up the board so he could inspire ASAP. Probably figured being On Guard would save his leader, and he forgot Gurzag swings for 3 damage right out of the gate.

We agreed the real big mistake was throwing out Hidden Walls first rather than holding it in response to me doing something. Something he won't do again.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I finally played against Magore's Friends. I built my Reavers for one shotting his guys, and got some good use out of some first activation charges with Saek, killing a fiend, and then bringing Saek back home with Illusory Fighter. Magore won the first game with 2 glory, I won the second with 1 glory, and I lost the last one by 1 glory. The dice hated me in the last fight so I couldn't hit anyone.
That means I don't get the glass trophy this time around :(

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Will there be more war bands coming? I just got the core box and noticed all the released armies have a short paragraph in the book. Surely with all the other different armies in AoS they could crank out a few more war bands.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nash posted:

Will there be more war bands coming? I just got the core box and noticed all the released armies have a short paragraph in the book. Surely with all the other different armies in AoS they could crank out a few more war bands.
Yeah, we've seen cards from what's assumed to be Nighthaunts and more Sigmarines, possibly Sequitors (is that right? The new guys.), and I've seen rumors about Nurgle, Tzeentch, elves of some kind, and some others. It seems pretty certain that there will be more.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I’m just really hoping for some lizardmen. A sylvaneth woks also be totally sweet.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'll be happy if it isn't just more Khorne and Sigmarines, and I'll be very happy if Nurgle, steampunk dwarves or lizards show up.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I just want some Nurgle love.

Also, progress post!

I spray painted a base coat on Hakka like 6 months ago, put down a few layers of yellow and said "gently caress this" then this past week I decided to finally actually paint them. Obviously still need to do the bases, but eh, I'm getting there.

My stupid FLGS didn't get the new Board in yet :argh: Supposed to play my friend's Reavers again tomorrow and I was really hoping to get that new board. Oh well.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

I spray painted a base coat on Hakka like 6 months ago, put down a few layers of yellow and said "gently caress this" then this past week I decided to finally actually paint them. Obviously still need to do the bases, but eh, I'm getting there.

My stupid FLGS didn't get the new Board in yet :argh: Supposed to play my friend's Reavers again tomorrow and I was really hoping to get that new board. Oh well.
Yeah, I'm not going to paint my orks yellow. I've got poo poo to do other that painting a million layers.

I played a few games with the new boards yesterday, and placing objectives on the danger hexes is pretty fun. 3 skaven died from stepping on them!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh wait you can put objectives on the traps? That's excellent.

And holy gently caress my Orks just got crushed 7-0.

Hakka charges in, Miss. He makes a Reaction and pings me for one. Magore Charges Hakka and kills him.

He plays Invisible Walls so I just draw a card. He has another fighter charge Gurzag, hits for 2. Plays "Time Trap" and punches Gurzag for 2 more + Twist The Knife to make it a dead Gurzag.

So we're half way through Round 1 and I'm down 2 Fighters and he hasn't taken any damage.

I cannot overstate how much I dislike Invisible Walls.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 24, 2018

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That's pretty rough. Some times poo poo just line up like that, and it really, really annoying. Nothing to do except destroy him in the next game.

I've been playing around with orks and I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure out what to do with Hakka and Basha. They're rubbish until they get beefed up a bit, but a lot of warbands will just chew through them in an instant.
Maybe Shadeglass weapons are the way to go? They work great with Arnulf and Targor on the Reaver team.

Invisible Walls is pretty annoying if you can't push dudes around. I've gotten around it with Illusory Fighter though.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I often find myself not really knowing what to do with those two.

I initially put Daemonic Weapon into my deck thinking I'd use it make Gurzag inspire himself, but I've had much better luck putting it on either Hakka or Basha.

2 Hammers for 3 Damage, they're effectively now as good as Gurzag is. Or 3 Swords for 2 Damage is more likely to hit, and 2 Damage is still decent. Plus whatever other upgrades you might have.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Considering these figures are snap fit, is there any point in glue at all?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

My Gurzag arm is a little wobbly, and I had to glue a pauldron for one of the Stormcast guys in the starter box, but everything else went together perfectly for me.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

Yea I often find myself not really knowing what to do with those two.

I initially put Daemonic Weapon into my deck thinking I'd use it make Gurzag inspire himself, but I've had much better luck putting it on either Hakka or Basha.

2 Hammers for 3 Damage, they're effectively now as good as Gurzag is. Or 3 Swords for 2 Damage is more likely to hit, and 2 Damage is still decent. Plus whatever other upgrades you might have.
Daemonic weapon is a pretty good idea. I might throw in that ploy that gives you a free upgrade as well.

Nash posted:

Considering these figures are snap fit, is there any point in glue at all?
Magore's dog has a line right through it's head that really needs some glue.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Also I found this:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
That's... uh... kind of a cryptic spreadsheet.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The legend is in the top left.

The first row in green/blue is your chance to hit for a variety of scenarios: (from left to right) Chance to hit with 2 Attacking Supports, 1 Attacking Support, 0 Supports, 1 Defensive Support, 2 Defensive Supports

The second row in red is the chance of a 'draw' (both rolling an equal number of successes)

The third row in white / purple indicates your chance to Crit.

The white (*) or (* represent the offensive supports (really this should be at the top) and the black *) and (*) represent defensive supports.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, the support thing is what makes it unintelligible at first. Thanks!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
My partner wants to learn painting & playing and I think Shadespire would be a pretty good way to start. Is the starter box fairly balanced in terms of factions & cards? Don't want to invest (yet) in anything beyond it, but I also remember that every single 40k starter set that GW has made has had poo poo balance.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

My partner wants to learn painting & playing and I think Shadespire would be a pretty good way to start. Is the starter box fairly balanced in terms of factions & cards? Don't want to invest (yet) in anything beyond it, but I also remember that every single 40k starter set that GW has made has had poo poo balance.

The core set is very much okay. The two warbands play pretty differently, and the cards include all the faction specific cards for them. The pre-built starter deck work against each other, but aren't very interesting, but there is a pile of extra cards included so you can do some deckbuilding after a game or two.
I'll say go for it.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Edit: stupid question that I immediately figured out. Nothing to see here folks!

Nash fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 5, 2018

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Any news on when the next wave comes out?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Any news on when the next wave comes out?

There hasn't even been official confirmation that there is another wave coming out. :(

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

There hasn't even been official confirmation that there is another wave coming out. :(

They snuck it in at the bottom of a general GW news post a few months back. About all we know is that the core, based on the two card images they showed, is probably Nighthaunts and Sacrosanct Stormcast, though.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Yeah there's definitely a new wave coming out - they've already previewed some cards with new artwork and faction symbols.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Gee Dubs suffocating their beautiful tiny children with the weight and bulk of their ugly massive offspring

:(

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

I wonder, is Shadespire, an admittingly decent ruleset at a fair price, an accident from GW's part, considering the rest of their offering.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

Iceclaw posted:

I wonder, is Shadespire, an admittingly decent ruleset at a fair price, an accident from GW's part, considering the rest of their offering.

No, just a passion project from one of the designers that got picked up.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Season 2 announced: Nightvault. Not much to go on yet though apart from a those cards that we’ve already seen...

https://youtu.be/vrTxG3oo8zc

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
To celebrate the opening of the Warhammer Citadel in Texas they previewed a Troggoth for the next season;

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/25/breaking-news-from-the-warhammer-citadel/

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That troll is definitely going to be a part of a goblin warband. Probably in an effort to keep the model count reasonable and compensate for the goblins. :v:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

drat it just give me my Nurgle warband :argh:

That is a sweet model, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Dang, there's a real good chance I'm gonna get that fungus troll/goblin warband. And then I'm gonna feel obligated to build a small collection around it.

Dammit.