Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Kill you're famil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
What happened to psyopmonkey anyway? I don't read gbs much but remember her from pyf. Did I miss a bunch of drama

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

eating only apples posted:

What happened to psyopmonkey anyway? I don't read gbs much but remember her from pyf. Did I miss a bunch of drama

Last time I spoke with her she had left the forums and was getting her life together and doing quite well.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Len posted:

Last time I spoke with her she had left the forums and was getting her life together and doing quite well.

Good, she gave me good advice and was always a nice person. Idk why she's forums infamous

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
She was posting again for a bit and then got banned.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm a little surprised she doesn't have an SAclopedia entry.

Edit: Also, I hadn't looked at Windows98's SAclopedia entry in a while - https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2562

CaptainSarcastic has a new favorite as of 22:35 on Aug 5, 2018

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
For a while i was a regular in a video chat for goons a few years back. Both Psyop and Win98 were regulars at times. Windows would take every opportunity to try to brag about his life good or bad, just like on the forums. Psyopmonkey would pretty much just hang out, sometimes smoke, and often play with her adorable cat.

As far as I can tell, Psyop's biggest sins were making the same face in every selfie, and being trans, and was regularly treated far too harshly (there was even a while where a fyad ik had her on a chain 6 hour probation script for like, a year, for no reason other than they thought it was funny to probate the trans goon). Meanwhile, Windows98 can't be treated harsh enough.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Choco1980 posted:

As far as I can tell, Psyop's biggest sins were making the same face in every selfie, and being trans, and was regularly treated far too harshly (there was even a while where a fyad ik had her on a chain 6 hour probation script for like, a year, for no reason other than they thought it was funny to probate the trans goon)

That was pretty much what I figured. She posted selfies because that made her feel good when she was quite early in her transition. SomethingSensitive got on her case a bunch too iirc.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
When was Fish mech finally run off the forums?

Also what ever happened to Levenos?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Think he is still posting actually.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Zil posted:

Think he is still posting actually.

Yup. Still here, still fishmeching.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Leovinus? He's a friend.

After he deleted his famous FF8 LP because of the homophobic slurs used throughout he got a reputation for being a bit of a drama queen, so when he got banned for something I don't remember he never came back. Still a good guy though.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Still here. Still posting. Unfortunately.

The whole "I must have the authoritative last word even when I'm wrong" gets old quick.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Leovinus? He's a friend.

After he deleted his famous FF8 LP because of the homophobic slurs used throughout he got a reputation for being a bit of a drama queen, so when he got banned for something I don't remember he never came back. Still a good guy though.

He was the creator of the alien guy right? Pretty sure that was him.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Solice Kirsk posted:

He was the creator of the alien guy right? Pretty sure that was him.

Man In Black yeah. One of the GBS story threads that were popular back then, it was one of the better ones imo. I think the last one of those might have been what made him give up on the forums, it was around GBS 2.0

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I remember that thread! I also remember a bunch of goon kramering into it going "how can you idiots actually believe this, you know it's fake, right!" And a bunch of edgelords going "you suck, we're going to conquer your planet and enslave your people."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Proteus Jones posted:

Still here. Still posting. Unfortunately.

The whole "I must have the authoritative last word even when I'm wrong" gets old quick.

Actually it doesn’t but let’s move on now

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Moon Slayer posted:

I remember that thread! I also remember a bunch of goon kramering into it going "how can you idiots actually believe this, you know it's fake, right!" And a bunch of edgelords going "you suck, we're going to conquer your planet and enslave your people."

No one in nu-gibbis was ever allowed to enjoy anything, even well-written fiction

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Was Fishmech the poster who made hundreds of filler posts and replies everyday from the moment he joined and seemed to study the SAclopedia, forum rules, lore, forum superstars, other posters and anything SA related as if there was a test?

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Edit: Also, I hadn't looked at Windows98's SAclopedia entry in a while - https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2562

The gently caress is all that poo poo about killing kids with a shovel? I hope that's hyperbolic. :stare:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

kjetting posted:

Was Fishmech the poster who made hundreds of filler posts and replies everyday from the moment he joined and seemed to study the SAclopedia, forum rules, lore, forum superstars, other posters and anything SA related as if there was a test?

Sounds like him.

Chitoryu is doing a good job in replacing him

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I followed him on tumblr for a couple of months.

He sucked there too. Just posted lovely photography, and made inane comments on posts that nobody cared about.

He fit in perfectly there.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

umalt posted:

I followed him on tumblr for a couple of months.

He sucked there too. Just posted lovely photography, and made inane comments on posts that nobody cared about.

He fit in perfectly there.

this is a bigger burn on you than fishmech

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Stexils posted:

this is a bigger burn on you than fishmech

Yep. :smith:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I Said No posted:

The gently caress is all that poo poo about killing kids with a shovel? I hope that's hyperbolic. :stare:

My vague recollection is that he told a story about having a fight with a friend while in high school and hit him in the head with a shovel at some point, and the whole shovel assault/murder thing spun off from that. I don't remember much in the way of details.

That said, Windows98 killed a child with a shovel in 1996.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

kjetting posted:

Also was known for keeping an archive of posts and information about people on his website, and is so explicitly pedantic about everything that you can Google the posts he responds to and either conclude that it's his own dumb opinion or follow the search results that he barely bothers to paraphrase while reading along with his posts.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Somebody was asking for the dollfucker threads a few pages back and Kevin is still online and still...STILL going on about LINUX and Squeeze. It's fascinating.

https://alexatilbrook.org/

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

Somebody was asking for the dollfucker threads a few pages back and Kevin is still online and still...STILL going on about LINUX and Squeeze. It's fascinating.

Did he lose a shitload of weight? He has a picture of himself on there and he doesn’t look like old trapezoid mouth.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
How are there people on this forum in 2018 who don't understand fishmech's gimmick?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

quote:

Sorry, the muthafuckin GDPR made me block ALL IPs from European Union Member Countries for their rushed and seriously failed GDPR policy. This server is in the USA and gently caress your old cronies in the EU. Until they come up with a better legislation, your lovely GDPR won't be able to be enforced in the US Supreme Court. Buh-bye.
Lol.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I Said No posted:

That story was like, the first thing I knew about him back in those chatroom days. He claimed to be under house arrest at the time. His girlfriend (who was totally a supermodel you guys, seriously!! Because that's the sort of person a world famous dj like win dated, you've just never heard of him!) had cheated on him, so in a rage he tracked the guy down, grabbed a utility shovel out of his trunk and tried to beat the poo poo out of him with it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Did he lose a shitload of weight? He has a picture of himself on there and he doesn’t look like old trapezoid mouth.

Yeah, and he's got some kind of CRAZY hunchback now. Maybe from sitting at a computer constantly. His writing is exactly the same

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Sounds like him.

Chitoryu is doing a good job in replacing him

It's incredible how that guy has to work cranes, forkifts or guns into every one of his posts.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
To be fair to fishmech I think they were also the one that collected all the "this artist doesn't understand net neutrality" edits in a tumbler and the creator of the first politoon that was edited got so mad he threatened to sue. I think it was chip bok or Lester or one of those other garbage people.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Chip Bok posted:

Really, you people should stop hacking my cartoons to make a point. It’s not “fair use”. It’s illegal. Think the FCC will help me out here? You’re destroying my intellectual property and inserting your own stupid message. Are you Chinese? Come up with something on your own.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mmj posted:

To be fair to fishmech I think they were also the one that collected all the "this artist doesn't understand net neutrality" edits in a tumbler and the creator of the first politoon that was edited got so mad he threatened to sue. I think it was chip bok or Lester or one of those other garbage people.

fishmech saved and mirrored a ton of goon poo poo he liked in case it ever got taken down

unlike say waffleimages

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

exploded mummy posted:

fishmech saved and mirrored a ton of goon poo poo he liked in case it ever got taken down

unlike say waffleimages

I had to unfollow fishmech's tumblr after a few days because it's a constant deluge of posts there too, but I can't be mad at him because he also does stuff like this.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

exploded mummy posted:

unlike say waffleimages

Was it waffleimages or imgshack that was taken down on purpose as part of some anti-goon tantrum? I never did get the whole story of that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think waffleimages was run by a goon who then got banned so he just got rid of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think waffleimages was run by a goon who then got banned so he just got rid of it.

From Hell's heart, I stab at thee