Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Fun fact: if you can skip all the scripted Black Cauldrons, killing him before the third one, then you can sub-30 the fight.

Also if you need ability slots you can drop protectga. His physicals will hurt but can't kill you if you're topped off. Shellga is mandatory to survive Flare though.

Nerp! Protectga is mandatory. Every time I drop it someone dies.

I am so confused about this fight :( It's so unfair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Might be good to take a break from it. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, who had the bright idea to not let you take Roaming Warriors into Realm Dungeons with you? :argh:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ETB posted:

Might be good to take a break from it. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

No! I need to find a consistent sub 30 team!

The RNG is also a factor in who Hades chooses to target with single target attacks.

OMG this is so aggravating.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 6, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

If you bring Shelke as an entrust bot, you can use Iris's SSB for hastega, and then entrust to her for her BSB, and then use her commands for healing. This will let you put protectga and shellga in her two slots.

After the dispel, you don't have to worry about recasting shellga, because all the magic damage he does after that is piercing, other than Black Cauldron.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Elephant Ambush posted:

Here is my current team:

The thing making me want to spin kick my phone through a wall is when I start to recast haste after the dispel and it gets interrupted. If I don't kill him before wall wears off its over.
I got my Hades clear by slowing down, as Cattail mentioned. The dispel is at 50% and the second interrupt is at 40% so slow down/stop your dps to get everything lined up correctly rather than pushing through to those points without being ready.

ETB mentioned team order for Strike positioning but another thing to consider is to put Assault Sabre users in the top and bottom slot only, to minimize their taking of hits from Strike. I also used Orlandu, Marche, and Ramza but went two Assault Sabre users and one Divine Cross+Guardbringer

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'd love to get Paine poo poo but water is probably my best element and i have 3 dupes and Tidus chain already

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I want Rikku's water chain real bad but there are so many dupes and some garbage (like Rikku's LMR) that I just can't pull :sigh:

dimeat
Feb 28, 2003

Well let’s see it. I mean if it’s as big as you say, I’ll be your girlfriend. [gasps] We could go to prom together.
100gem'd Paine USB

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Paine LMR and USB. Seems good?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I must analyze my choices. Water is by far my weakest element with only one single character I have specializing in it (Yuffie), and no chain or other support available. So with that in mind, here are my dupes:

Oritsuru (Yuffie USB)
Twilight Steel (Tidus BSB)
Mutsunokami (Edge BSB)
Tidus's Armguards x2 (Tidus LMR)
Warrior's Targe (Rikku LMR)

I might have the Rikku BSB on the banner but I don't remember, there's a million Targes out there. Pull for discos, or is it a lost cause with too much risk?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alxprit posted:

I must analyze my choices. Water is by far my weakest element with only one single character I have specializing in it (Yuffie), and no chain or other support available. So with that in mind, here are my dupes:

Oritsuru (Yuffie USB)
Twilight Steel (Tidus BSB)
Mutsunokami (Edge BSB)
Tidus's Armguards x2 (Tidus LMR)
Warrior's Targe (Rikku LMR)

I might have the Rikku BSB on the banner but I don't remember, there's a million Targes out there. Pull for discos, or is it a lost cause with too much risk?

I'd definitely pass. You've already got a very powerful water team (Tidus BSB is insanely good with a source of enwater) and that's a ton of dupes.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I went ahead and pulled on the water banner, cause I don't think I had a single water relic yet.
Got rikku's chain (my first chain) , rikku's burst, and yuffie's burst, I'll take it

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
The water banner is a very nice banner that I can never pull on - somebody please shoot me if I consider it.

I still don't have Oritsuru or any water chains at all, but I sure do have 10/14 dupes here thanks to fruitlessly chasing them in the past!

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Should I pull on this banner or wait for the special fests/banners to pull a random water relic?

I have tidus' chain and bsb1 (razmazztaz) and wakkas USB but with no other water relics. Tidus is fully dived being pretty much my only core and I don't really have any other teams.

Im still a noob waiting with like 450 mytrhil and only just cleared a majority of the old nightmare dungeons.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I’d want to get a source of EnWater for Tidus and Yuffie gear but I have a stacked Rikku already, Edge BSB, and Paine USB. I think I have too many dupes to pull on this banner and my recent pull luck would give me Rikku gear. FFVII needs me.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 6, 2018

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Fister Roboto posted:

I'd definitely pass. You've already got a very powerful water team (Tidus BSB is insanely good with a source of enwater) and that's a ton of dupes.

My only source of enwater on Tidus is his LMR. :smith:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The next fest water banners are strong but magic oriented so might take several pulls to get a team together since magical water was pretty rare before them. And I don’t think any other water centric banners are up anytime soon. That said Yuffie’s usb2 is on ffvii banner 2, Tidus gets a brave usb2 in the pre-X torment banner, and Bartz keeps popping up here and there.

This is really similiar to the ice situations where banners tend to be dupe fests because of Squall’s relics always being there.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Alxprit posted:

You say this like starting a fight with instant free enwater is a bad thing. Turn that frown upside-down! :unsmith:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Alxprit posted:

Same! thankfully it is enough for me for now, I definitely want to get a way to renew it for longer fights tho. For Yuffie I'm stuck with her BSB1 which often isnt worth it

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ouch that bomb fight hurts, I'm rolling:

OK (pUSB+break)
Tidus (AOSB, USB, glint) except I don't have sapphire shot so I'm using lifesiphon
yuffie USB2/BSB2 water ninja stuff she's fully LD'd
edge USB/BSB fully LD'd water ninja stuff
selphie USB for last stand.

I'm thinking of dropping tidus for entrust bot (I'd probably use tyro and use waterchain RW) since I don't have water skills for him. I've got enough hones on one set of water ninja stuff to last the whole fight so I have edge with those and yuffie uses BSB2 for imperil water and to get hones back on my less honed water ninja stuff.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
I basically ignored the little bombs and kept Selphie entrusted so she could pop her USB whenever something exploded (with Edge SSB as a backup). So your strategy might work (maybe give OK wrath+entrust too?), although you might be a little light on DPS if you have to rely on bsb commands and ether. Regardless, with those Tidus goodies, I would hone up sapphire shot ASAP.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alxprit posted:

rujasu posted:

You say this like starting a fight with instant free enwater is a bad thing. Turn that frown upside-down! :unsmith:

Yeah, enelement LMRs are great. Like I said you've got a solid water team. With two entrust bots and a healer, you could easily sub-30 Marilith, if you haven't already.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

eelmonger posted:

I basically ignored the little bombs and kept Selphie entrusted so she could pop her USB whenever something exploded (with Edge SSB as a backup). So your strategy might work (maybe give OK wrath+entrust too?), although you might be a little light on DPS if you have to rely on bsb commands and ether. Regardless, with those Tidus goodies, I would hone up sapphire shot ASAP.

Yeah, that's my next goal, I have him and laguna USB/BSB1, so it's time to do it. Perhaps I'll dump the break and toss entrust/wrath on OK and keep tidus in the mix, his soul juice takes loving forever to build with lifesiphon.

I have 2 JS's left, the XV and FF2 ogre/redsouls so I think I'm going to focus those and run a bunch of powerup dungeons this week, a big limiting factor for most of my teams atm is lack of hones for stuff, most things are sitting at R2 right now with some stuff higher (one set of ninja water stuff, one set of chain spells, meltdown and UC/curada)

MF_James fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 6, 2018

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, enelement LMRs are great. Like I said you've got a solid water team. With two entrust bots and a healer, you could easily sub-30 Marilith, if you haven't already.

You really think so? I would absolutely kill to have Marilith's set of magicite to make my extraordinary Gilgamesh Chain team even stronger. Maybe I'll just have to try it raw one of these days. Just don't know how I feel about a second Entrust.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Absolutely. Tidus's BSB makes him a prime target for entrusting, because it's instant cast AND grants him instant cast 1. This lets you alternate between casting it and Sapphire Shot with one entrust bot, or chain casting the SB with two.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I hate this wall. I can't get more than 13 pushbacks using both a chain and imperils. I even used an exact team from reddit and couldn't do it. I assume it was my poor execution.

Between this and Hades I'm really discouraged lately :negative:

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Are the ninja dark abilities good? I'm going to have a lot of trouble pulling together DPS for 3* dark magicite, I'll have to check what I've got vaulted and stuff but all I can think of off the top of my head is Orleandu BSB, Sipher chain with his... SSB..., and maybe a thing for golbez. So I might end up honing the ninja stuff up and slap it on yuffie or edge if it's useful, despite not having an SB to back them.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

I hate this wall. I can't get more than 13 pushbacks using both a chain and imperils. I even used an exact team from reddit and couldn't do it. I assume it was my poor execution.

Between this and Hades I'm really discouraged lately :negative:

Don't feel pressured to complete absolutely everything always, some things might be too difficult for you with what you have and that's OK, it's a gatcha game, they push that difficulty to try to get you to spend. It's not worth stressing out over. I got the 2nd lowest reward for the wall and that's cool, poo poo is annoying as gently caress so screw it.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

MF_James posted:

Are the ninja dark abilities good? I'm going to have a lot of trouble pulling together DPS for 3* dark magicite, I'll have to check what I've got vaulted and stuff but all I can think of off the top of my head is Orleandu BSB, Sipher chain with his... SSB..., and maybe a thing for golbez. So I might end up honing the ninja stuff up and slap it on yuffie or edge if it's useful, despite not having an SB to back them.

I'm going to assume you mean holy magicite. A doublecasting ninja with dark chain going should do pretty good dps against Mist Dragon. If you have an imperil dark magicite from shadow dragon, that can also help significantly.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I'm going to assume you mean holy magicite. A doublecasting ninja with dark chain going should do pretty good dps against Mist Dragon. If you have an imperil dark magicite from shadow dragon, that can also help significantly.

Yeah meant holy, I haven't beaten the dark magicite yet because my holy needs work as well, I've got orleandu and beatrix but not enough hones on rear end saber to make it through the fight.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MF_James posted:

Yuffie Edge and Shadow don't need any SB to be good. Their doublecast dive combos with strong ninja attacks that build well off multicast procs. Particularly with a chain.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bruceski posted:

Yuffie Edge and Shadow don't need any SB to be good. Their doublecast dive combos with strong ninja attacks that build well off multicast procs. Particularly with a chain.

Plus, if any boss has particularly obnoxious attacks that get stopped by pblink they basically pay their own way into the fight. This isn't so much a thing for the Holy magicites, of course, but it makes the ninjas a godsend against Ixion and nice to have vs Maliris.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

MF_James posted:

Ouch that bomb fight hurts, I'm rolling:

OK (pUSB+break)
Tidus (AOSB, USB, glint) except I don't have sapphire shot so I'm using lifesiphon
yuffie USB2/BSB2 water ninja stuff she's fully LD'd
edge USB/BSB fully LD'd water ninja stuff
selphie USB for last stand.

I'm thinking of dropping tidus for entrust bot (I'd probably use tyro and use waterchain RW) since I don't have water skills for him. I've got enough hones on one set of water ninja stuff to last the whole fight so I have edge with those and yuffie uses BSB2 for imperil water and to get hones back on my less honed water ninja stuff.

Also note that all enemies enter the fight hasted. I haven't cracked it yet myself but dispelling that is probably handy if you can fit it in.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Also note that all enemies enter the fight hasted. I haven't cracked it yet myself but dispelling that is probably handy if you can fit it in.
They also all have 600+ SPD, so most of their turns won't be filling up ATBs so much as cast times. It's perfectly skippable, like nearly any instance of enemy haste outside multiplayer.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

NGDBSS posted:

They also all have 600+ SPD, so most of their turns won't be filling up ATBs so much as cast times. It's perfectly skippable, like nearly any instance of enemy haste outside multiplayer.

Ah, okay. The time I brought Dispel seemed to go a lot better so I assumed that was it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I still need to do the Demon Wall fights before they go away tomorrow, any tips for party setups? Will astra cancel the guaranteed blind/silence or is that ignored just like equipment resist?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

I still need to do the Demon Wall fights before they go away tomorrow, any tips for party setups? Will astra cancel the guaranteed blind/silence or is that ignored just like equipment resist?

Yeah, astra always works on status effects, even auto-hit ones. But you can also avoid the blind and silence by making a team with front row casters and/or back row fighters.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
I barely got my 15 pushes in on Demon Wall, so I'm no expert, but here's some things that helped me:
- Slow roll at the beginning. It doesn't take a lot to push him back at the start and any damage over the threshold is wasted. I used this time to wrath up a ton of bars so I had them when you need to do a ton of damage quick.
- Follow the AI thread on Reddit to see when you need to use your RW. If you've got a couple soul breaks ready to go and he's about to wail or interrupt, using your RW to stop him and then damaging him enough to push to the next phase can be huge.
- Wait out the wail. The debuff is so huge and resources are so tight that attacking with it on is basically wasting a turn. It lasts a very short time so just let it pass.
- Defense doesn't matter, everything is either gravity or long range and ignores defense. So just gear for offense.

If it helps, I used my Tiamat team: Squall BSB2, Ayame BSB, Aphmau USB, OK pUSB, and Shelke actually used her BSB at the end when she ran out of entrusts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Japan's latest monthly report is out; the event details:

1) (Aug 9) Torment Dungeon - FFXI

2) (Aug 10) FFXI

We already knew, of course, but to reiterate, Lilisette joins the roster and Ayame, Curilla, and Prishe also feature.
New 5* Samurai ability (which is all but guaranteed to be the Ice version of Iai Hellfire)

3) (Aug 11) Terror! Seven Freak Paintings!

Boss event, 8 bosses (1 new one a day), "Hidden Tool Record" as a reward.

4) (Aug 14) Corridor of Trials
Wind weakness, final boss is Cmd. Grand Horn (VII), a copy of 5* Thief Dash & Slash on reward.

5) (Aug 15) Purgatory Multiplayer
Hojo (VII) this month.

6) (Aug 17) FFXIII-2

Focusing on Serah, Fang, and Vanille, with a reissue of Hope's wardrobe record.

7) (Aug 18) Crystal Tower
Xande Clone (III), Piett (T0), Fenrir (XII) & powered-up Dycedarg (T)

8) (Aug 22) Record Dungeon Update
First half of Chapter 6- FFII with Josef's heroism, FFIX with Zidane's party in the Evil Forest.

9) (Aug 23) Torment Dungeon - FFI

10) (Aug 24) FFI

It's payday for the Mobius crew - and, well, everyone but Thief (I) and Matoya, actually.

11) (Aug 30) 5* Earth Magicite dungeons
- Magic ineffective boss is Hecatoncheir (XIII)
- Physical ineffective boss is Adamantoise (XV)

12) (Aug 31) FFV

Another end of the month for V, the focus is Bartz, Faris, Lenna, Krile... and Kelger & Gogo (V). Ticking off more USB/diveless characters!

And the monthly new 6* abilities
6* Samurai, Warring Chill: 5 single-target Ice physical attacks, 50% critical rate under Retaliate or High Retaliate (5 x 0.85)
6* Machinist, Frost Offering: 4 single-target Ice ranged physical attacks, 50% chance to inflict minor Imperil Ice (4 x 0.85)
6* Witch, Scary Blizzard: 6 single-target Ice magic attacks, 2.60s CT (6 x 2.60 each)