Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
G's looking pretty fun. I enjoyed Cody so I'm optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I love G.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

How does G play, I have no idea from the trailer except that he somehow reminds me of Dormammu.

I'll still buy them both, I think I have enough Bison bucks saved up.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Lololol

Fans: “this must be some mysterious backstory to Q”

Ono: “what if Abe Lincoln was swole?”

Jack Ratigan
Jan 26, 2005

...Ok

Double Bill posted:

How does G play, I have no idea from the trailer except that he somehow reminds me of Dormammu.

I'll still buy them both, I think I have enough Bison bucks saved up.

G stuff

https://youtu.be/ycbG27IpNfU

Bob Sagat stuff

https://youtu.be/eHSqXHYfr9g

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

The Dave posted:

Lololol

Fans: “this must be some mysterious backstory to Q”

Ono: “what if Abe Lincoln was swole?”

Eeh some of his forward dashing punches like look like Q's, that's the connection I guess.

I totally thought there was some connection to Greg from Bloody Roar though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Holy poo poo, is this the first time Dan the Automator and Del are featured in SF5? That's more exciting to me than any actual DLC character.

holy poo poo, what?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Double Bill posted:

Eeh some of his forward dashing punches like look like Q's, that's the connection I guess.

I totally thought there was some connection to Greg from Bloody Roar though.

:tinfoil:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

DLC Inc posted:

holy poo poo, what?

Watch the Sagat/G reveal trailer, G's theme is done by them.

e: Theme called 'President of the World'

Parachute
May 18, 2003
just put real q in and not poseur q

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Mayor of Earth >>> President of the World

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Sagat looks fun as hell

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Spring Break My Heart posted:

1. denial of bad reviews and all the dumb business practices
2. thinking of how bad capcom managed the entire release and post-release situation
3. depression over my favourite series being destroyed and my favourite company being a trainwreck
4. waiting for dlc prices to drop sharply and for sagat to come out
5. im going to buy the game when sagat comes out

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://gfycat.com/WarmheartedLazyGull

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's cool that Sagat looks like Sagat, as opposed to when Cody came out and they just slapped some bizarre loving moveset on him with the worst outfits in existence

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

"G can increase his presidentiality level", that's loving hilarious

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Is one of g's costumes a q reference

And i mean the sf3 char not the retarded conspiracy theory's group

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is one of g's costumes a q reference

And i mean the sf3 char not the retarded conspiracy theory's group

Ya hes probably like q's secret dad or whatever bs ono farted out

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Holy poo poo, is this the first time Dan the Automator and Del are featured in SF5? That's more exciting to me than any actual DLC character.

Why not just get Gorillaz too.

Give me a clint eastwood reunion

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I miss playing Third Strike Online edition and getting angry xb360 messages about being rude and taunting with Q

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I know that the taunts with Q did the defence-up. And I know that Dudley's was something to actually use, because that rose was actually a ranged option. What I'm unclear of is: Did the manual tell you about this sort of thing? And is it in the documentation given out now? Or is it still something you need to hunt down to learn?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Bloodly posted:

I know that the taunts with Q did the defence-up. And I know that Dudley's was something to actually use, because that rose was actually a ranged option. What I'm unclear of is: Did the manual tell you about this sort of thing? And is it in the documentation given out now? Or is it still something you need to hunt down to learn?

3S released in a era of Internet knowledge so it was way to get that info from GameFAQs or SRK but I don't remember any home release of 3s having an instruction book, let alone taunt data. It was more or less a hidden system in the same way as Akuma's extra supers.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I miss playing Third Strike Online edition and getting angry xb360 messages about being rude and taunting with Q

"you cant use the mechanic that puts you closer to being on equal ground with the rest of the cast, wtf!"

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Bloodly posted:

Back in the days where Arcades were actually a thing, Capcom only released the info of obscure system mechanics to Japanese magazines like Arcadia.

So non-Japanese audiences were basically left in the dark about a lot of important poo poo like that unless someone was nice enough to translate and upload the info to GameFAQs or MMCafe, or in the rare case where a Western mag actually had someone on staff that was in the know (like Sushi-X with EGM).

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

Shiki Dan posted:

Back in the days where Arcades were actually a thing, Capcom only released the info of obscure system mechanics to Japanese magazines like Arcadia.

So non-Japanese audiences were basically left in the dark about a lot of important poo poo like that unless someone was nice enough to translate and upload the info to GameFAQs or MMCafe, or in the rare case where a Western mag actually had someone on staff that was in the know (like Sushi-X with EGM).

The cultural change was night and day beyond tech, from control parts to how arcades were run. Game centers vs "set it and forget it" profit making. You can say the same poo poo about the way cabs had HAPP parts and poo poo. The whole joke with the Hyper Fighting Tomo Tape is it was basically an attempt at aping Japanese VHS/Laserdisc strategy guides that existed for a bunch of games. Release game, have a bunch of merchandise commodities for learning the game as well in Japan. In America at least, the difference from that was pretty dramatic (and perfectly unsurprising when you look at it). Cabs in Japan were products of the pre-economic bubble, you don't need sit down poo poo when you're putting cabs in 7/11 by contrast.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man Sagat actually looks good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Not having hair probably helps tbh

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm really surprised they let him keep his kara-cancelled specials, seems like he might be the rare character with some range.

Jack Ratigan
Jan 26, 2005

...Ok
Customary 16 gig patch is up on steam.

Dunno when maintenance will end tho.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

More excited for SFV dlc than Fighterz, woah

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

The man on the twitters said maintenance will go to 5 pacific, so a little while still.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

watching li joe training mode some sagat and he looks good

kind of excited to play this game for the first time since season 2

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

ROFL Octopus posted:

More excited for SFV dlc than Fighterz, woah

Another goku

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Man, why did they give Q some of Omega Rugal '98's moves?

Omega Qgal.

Qmega Rugal.

Omeqa Ruqal.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Another goku

Have they added :goku: to the game yet?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I don't understand G at all. he's some abe lincoln cosplayer but with golden poo poo on him and has random fire powers because....america? he might be the most random loving character in Street Fighter, he seems like he's one of the SF3 weirdos.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

I don't understand G at all. he's some abe lincoln cosplayer but with golden poo poo on him and has random fire powers because....america? he might be the most random loving character in Street Fighter, he seems like he's one of the SF3 weirdos.

Hillbilly magician lincoln

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Suffer like G did!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Abroham Lincoln is the coolest poo poo

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

DLC Inc posted:

He actually is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Sagat is fun but I doubt he's going to be that good in this game. He has nothing that would stop him folding like toilet paper against Cammy pressure, and for the style you're supposed to play him Guile and Menat are much better.

G however is just loving weird and possibly very good.