Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Master of Ambush warlord trait, and with a lord marshal you can just select it, no need to roll.

Nevermind. Have a cool picture.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Visually, how distinct are the solar aux laserbois from the void-hardened stormybois? Will they look ok mixed in a (40k Stormtrooper) squad assuming a similar color scheme (I was thinking White and Black for Grimdark Star Wars?)

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 26, 2018

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Schadenboner posted:

Visually, how distinct are the solar aux laserbois from the void-hardened stormybois? Will they look ok mixed in a (40k Stormtrooper) squad assuming a similar color scheme (I was thinking White and Black for Grimdark Star Wars?)

I'd say very much so. Solar Aux are more detailed and bulky. Big helmets, too.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

JcDent posted:

I'd say very much so. Solar Aux are more detailed and bulky. Big helmets, too.

I guess, the forgeworld page has them both looking pretty similar to each other but it would hardly be the first time a FW paint job fooled me?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Horus Heresy Legions is now in open beta (I think) aaaand they added Iron Hands which have cool looking cards and are really OP.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

I have no idea which units you are referring to. If you are referring to the regular lasgun guys and the volkite charger guys, they look distinct if you know where to look. Overall though, they have the same aesthetic, the main difference is in the backpack and the helmet. (And the gun obviously)

JcDent
May 13, 2013

OK, what is the most SoH thing to do with the 30 MK IV guys that you get in calth? 2x10 Vets with Tac Support and Heavy support for Chosen Doody? 2x 15 tacs with additional melee weapons? I'm feeling choice-stunlocked.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

3x10 tactical support with volkites and chainswords. :getin:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

JcDent posted:

OK, what is the most SoH thing to do with the 30 MK IV guys that you get in calth? 2x10 Vets with Tac Support and Heavy support for Chosen Doody? 2x 15 tacs with additional melee weapons? I'm feeling choice-stunlocked.

30x Vets with Combi-Plasma. You’re the Warmaster’s Legion you get all the best poo poo.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

panascope posted:

30x Vets with Combi-Plasma. You’re the Warmaster’s Legion you get all the best poo poo.

That's a whole lot of diddly expensive combi plasmas and, possibly, SoH upgrade sprues, tho.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

JcDent posted:

That's a whole lot of diddly expensive combi plasmas and, possibly, SoH upgrade sprues, tho.

panascope posted:

You’re the Warmaster’s Legion you get all the best poo poo.

Live the dream

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

JcDent posted:

Do you like having friends? No? Get x30 plasma vets

Like having friends? Get x30 plasma vets anyway so you make them suffer

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Good news! Torso upgrades have been purged, so that got a whole lot cheaper!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

panascope posted:

Yep. Add dreadclaws and The Long March rite of war for hitting on 2s, rerolling 1s.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Ghazk posted:

Yep. Add dreadclaws and The Long March rite of war for hitting on 2s, rerolling 1s.

Add Dreadclaws and The Long March Rite of War, remove friends.

Drink deep of their salty tears.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Long March has the Super Bad Drawback of not having anything with Slow and Purposeful. Careful readers might catch that S&P was removed from HH entirely.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

panascope posted:

The Long March has the Super Bad Drawback of not having anything with Slow and Purposeful. Careful readers might catch that S&P was removed from HH entirely.

Isn't the SoH relic Cataphractii armour the only S&P thing still in the game?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

panascope posted:

Its almost a bad a drawback as Must Sweeping Advance

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
RIP Slack

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Hencoe posted:

Does this count as an army for Army August?

The Occularis Tempestus , The Eye of the Storm

Finally finished it, hand painting a warlord takes forever and a day.

It even already has an engine kill! Which I need to add when I make the banners for it.

Cross posting like a Princeps

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
drat dude, that looks badass. You seriously did it all with a brush??

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

drat dude, that looks badass. You seriously did it all with a brush??

I am a broken person, I do play iron warriors after all. :v:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Hencoe posted:

Where are the lights?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Eventually, I came up with this cowardly centrist unhappy medium approach that allows me to swap out a converted Fell-hand for the Boring Cataphracti and includes the five Reavers that I have as well as the most of the Calth box. That way, I'll have some neat stuff to paint for every 250pts step of our FLGS' Tale of 4 Centurions and I won't have to buy much resin.

quote:

++ Zone Mortalis - Combatant (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [1246pts] ++

+ HQ +

Delegatus: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter with only Banestrike Rounds, Pair of Lightning Claws, Refractor Field

Librarian: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Psychic Mastery Level 1, Refractor Field Force Sword

+ Elites +

. Apothecary, Legion: Artificer Armour

. Cortus Dreadnought: Multi-melta

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad, Legion: 14x Tactical Space Marines, Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Vexilla,
. Tactical Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Power Sword

Terminator Squad: Cataphractii, Grenade Harness, Power Swords, Reaper Autocannon (or whatever comes in the kit)

Veteran Tactical Squad: Plasma Gun, Melta Gun, Vexilla.
. Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Sword

+ Fast Attack +

Reaver Attack Squad: , 4x Chainaxe
. Chieftain: Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Hand Flamer

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: XVI: Sons of Horus, Loyalist

Rite of War: Pride of the Legion

++ Total: [1246pts] ++

I'm sure I'll find an exciting use for the five leftover MK IV bodies. Maybe make a command squad outta them as well as a a hella crippled champion with the Space Marine Character Conversion set.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Im not a huge fan of librarians in 30k but that’s a nice versatile ZM list.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Help, this stupid card game app is getting me excited about Fulgrim again.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Man I'm away on holiday for two months (which owns don't get me wrong) and I miss Fulgrim so much. I want to paint some dudes, gently caress this "escape winter" poo poo. It's prime painting time.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Help, this stupid card game app is getting me excited about Fulgrim again.

Stupid game makes me want to collect Iron Hands.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Hencoe posted:

This is excellent work, how did you do the rust on that box on the left?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

This is excellent work, how did you do the rust on that box on the left?

Quite easy, rent an old apartment.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

heres some guys

Hixson posted:

i painted another Gal Vorbak

and a group shot

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Now those hands just aren't right at all, Hixson.

I mean come on, one looks like a weird crab and the other one is melted into his bolter smh

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Hixson posted:

heres some guys

Those are some spicy Daemon boiz. Thanks for reminding me that I'm long overdue on starting mine...

:negative:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Hixson posted:

heres some guys

Gorgeous!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Hixson posted:

heres some guys

those are some fine looking gal vorbak

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hixson posted:

heres some guys

drat these own so much

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I love the skin. Did you use pale tones with washes? I love the way it looks.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Thanks ya'll. Except you Endman.

The skin is an overly complicated mess, that could honestly probably be achieved with several less steps. I have a special snowflake kustom offwhite I mix that you apply as a basecoat. washed with a mixture of drakenhoff nightshade and sepia. highlighted back up with the basecolor, highligted again with base color + white. Then the low points/crevasses are painted with a Vallejo heavy red glaze, then blended into the skin color with a blue grey glaze. Then blood effects.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I painted some dudes.

E: and another 2

Booley fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Hixson posted:

Thanks ya'll. Except you Endman.

The skin is an overly complicated mess, that could honestly probably be achieved with several less steps. I have a special snowflake kustom offwhite I mix that you apply as a basecoat. washed with a mixture of drakenhoff nightshade and sepia. highlighted back up with the basecolor, highligted again with base color + white. Then the low points/crevasses are painted with a Vallejo heavy red glaze, then blended into the skin color with a blue grey glaze. Then blood effects.

This is really good to know. Blue-grey glaze blending the red in - pro tip. Thanks for sharing.