Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Chao Garden was poo poo once you realized you had to do not just for fun but to get all the loving emblems and you have to power grind two of the fuckers near maxed and goddamnit gently caress Chao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Please actually do not gently caress the Chao.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chao Garden is trash and it surprises me to this day anyone actually played that mode.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Barudak posted:

Chao Garden is trash and it surprises me to this day anyone actually played that mode.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ChaseSP posted:

Chao Garden was poo poo once you realized you had to do not just for fun but to get all the loving emblems and you have to power grind two of the fuckers near maxed and goddamnit gently caress Chao.

Yeah I recently got all the emblems in adventure except for the chao garden ones. I have more tolerance for the Big levels than that longass grind.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Just go the Odyssey route and make an open world game.

Also Chao garden owned and people who dislike it are awful bad terrible people.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The SA1 Chao Garden theme should play on every page of this thread.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Shadowlyger posted:

Just go the Odyssey route and make an open world game.

Also Chao garden owned and people who dislike it are awful bad terrible people.

Oh gently caress no, not more open world bullshit.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

SeANMcBAY posted:

The SA1 Chao Garden theme should play on every page of this thread.

Wait are you saying it's not

uh oh

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Barudak posted:

Keep in mind it’s competing with the main scenario, so it seems way more fun by comparison.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

More gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ta9xbycx0s

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Announcing a new Chao Garden game, demanded by fans around the globe. Raise your very own chao and enter in lots of exciting races. Coming soon to iOS & Android systems. :unsmigghh:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

[edit] Err, the game, not you goon.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

[edit] Err, the game, not you goon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoD2nMn2Kco

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Sonic & All-Stars Racing 3: Oops, All Sonics

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ben Scwhartz (Dewey in the current Ducktales Reboot, Leonardo in the new TMNT cartoon) will apparently be voicing Sonic in the upcoming live action film:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/ben-scwhartz-sonic-paramounts-sonic-the-hedgehog-live-action-hybrid-pic-1202900267/

Between this and Jim Carrey as Robotnik I might actually have to watch this trainwreck now.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 9, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

Ben Scwhartz (Dewey in the current Ducktales Reboot, Leonardo in the new TMNT cartoon) will apparently be voicing Sonic in the upcoming live action film:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/ben-scwhartz-sonic-paramounts-sonic-the-hedgehog-live-action-hybrid-pic-1202900267/

Between this and Jim Carrey as Robotnik I might actually have to watch this trainwreck now.

I'm gonna wait for the clips on Youtube. I'm sure Carry and Schwartz will carry their roles but that's only like 25% of the battle at best.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I assume Sonic isn't going to be live action, right? Like they're not gonna get an hbomberguy style costume and make Ben Scwhartz wear that? Cause they already have a Sonic voice, why not have Roger Craig Smith in this too?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dabir posted:

I assume Sonic isn't going to be live action, right? Like they're not gonna get an hbomberguy style costume and make Ben Scwhartz wear that? Cause they already have a Sonic voice, why not have Roger Craig Smith in this too?

Probably different contract stuff. Detective Pikachu's voice is different between game and film.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dabir posted:

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that Sonic himself would be CG, but I'm not completely positive on that (it's the only way that would reasonably make sense at least though).

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In my dreams they get a real hedgehog and dye it slightly blue, and the movie plays like those 90's movies where they just filmed a dog going around doing things and dubbed over it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Different Sonic, different setting, so he gets a different voice. What works for the game might not work for the film.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

as long as his eyelids and mouth undulate wildly whenever he’s talking.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

b_d posted:

And as long as he has enormous fangs.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

If movie Sonic’s arms are blue I’ll shoot up a Home Depot

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

b_d posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCBYDBo9t6E

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It could be a Guild thing. the Game/Cartoon actors might not be able to work on big screen projects like that for Reasons.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
it will be exactly like the smurfs and you all know this

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kurieg posted:

It could be a Guild thing. the Game/Cartoon actors might not be able to work on big screen projects like that for Reasons.

Except that Roger also voiced Sonic when he made a cameo in Wreck-It Ralph a while back.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's because they want a celebrity cast because this is a Hollywood production

Simple as that

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I've just got round to playing mania plus and man I forgot how much I dislike press garden. My desire to keep playing just disappears completely when I get to that level.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Whaaaat. Press Garden is easily my favorite of the new zones.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Detective No. 27 posted:

:yeah:

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Augus posted:

The final boss of Freedom Planet follows a pretty simple pattern that’s not hard to learn?

I died 30 times on that fucker but it still felt fair enough. Better than Sonic Mania's boss, which felt anticlimactic. The final boss should kick your rear end, imo.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Just the aesthetics, the music, the zone gimmicks, I don't like any of it at all. :shrug:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I also am not a huge fan of Press Garden, but maybe that's because Green Hill->Chemical Plant->Studiopolis->Flying Battery is all amazing and then Press Garden feels way slower and more meticulous platforming-based. And the theme is...weird? Like the first act is inside an Eggman propaganda factory, but then you just leave and go outside and now it's a weird icy forest that he's cutting down.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Where do you think he's getting the pulp for the newspapers?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I kinda dislike Press Garden Act 2. 1 is pretty good except the weirdness with the crushers, but 2 is kinda cramped at points and the gimmicks don't deliver. The visuals are fantastic though. The level that always kills me is Hydrocity act1, the floating bubble poo poo is just awful doing it for the tenth time. I think you can skip most of it but it's always there, whoops you fell down, time to gotta go slooooow.

Really wish they'd done Aquatic Ruin more and more, Hydrocity was perfect. If they do another remix game I hope they pick every below average level in the franchise. Like man, Lava Reef, that one just nailed it. Bet you Marble Garden in Mania 2 would be insane.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Press Garden is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Robot Style posted:

Where do you think he's getting the pulp for the newspapers?

Well yeah the trees, I just meant that it's weird that the two acts are that different (Inside a factory->ice trees). Same with original Mirage Saloon act 1 being Sky Chase