Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Pfft...

Nerds WISH D&D night was this cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I get why crazy evangelicals are against d&d and Satans and that but...why Thai cuisine? What in the world do they have against Thai food?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I get why crazy evangelicals are against d&d and Satans and that but...why Thai cuisine? What in the world do they have against Thai food?

Guess.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ToxicSlurpee posted:

:racism:

e: more specifically every other culture believe in a false god, so their culture is devoid of merit and taints the purity of our culture. Those who partake are deviants.

Turtlicious has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Aug 6, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

I legitimately have no drat clue.

^^ I get that they're racists typically but Thai cuisine is weirdly specific. Figure they'd be more likely to go with black people food instead of random Asian people food be that the case. Or maybe just some generic thing. It just struck me as a weirdly specific thing to target. Like why Thai people specifically?

Thai food is also freaking fantastic. What I've had, any way. I'm allergic to like all of it and it makes me sad.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 23:46 on Aug 6, 2018

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
This page belongs to the big J

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's a parody illustration from one of the old White Wolf gamebooks. Hence the oddly specific parodies "Lycanthrope: The Ravening" and "Warlock: The Somethinging."

Sturgeon's Law in full effect.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Jesus these memes

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

SnowblindFatal posted:

Screaming Idiot posted:

It's a parody illustration from one of the old White Wolf gamebooks. Hence the oddly specific parodies "Lycanthrope: The Ravening" and "Warlock: The Somethinging."
That third letter on that shirt is not a "V", though. :raise:

frankenfreak has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Aug 7, 2018

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Mr. Fix It posted:

I have both seen the Lynch movie and read the book and I love both, fight me.

Yeah I think the sets and costumes were just excellent. We've all seen how easily Hollywood can gently caress up anything in a film adaptation - just look how butthurt people are about the new Teen Titans tv show.

Im even ok with the weirding modules.

Plus I just saw this band called Mega Colossus and like half their songs are about Dune, and they were great live.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sagebrush posted:

i'm the vampire with the flat-top and the casio watch

A vampire terrorist

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

SnowblindFatal posted:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Screaming Idiot posted:

Suddenly it all makes sense. Hail Stan.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heh, remember in the 80s and 90s when everyone was afraid of satanic rituals for some reason? It was constant reports of suspected satanic ritual abuse this and that.

When's the last time you heard a rumor of satanic rituals in your neighborhood? Only affront to God I witness in my hood these days is undercooking a good cut of meat.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

When's the last time you heard a rumor of satanic rituals in your neighborhood?

Good...good.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heh, remember in the 80s and 90s when everyone was afraid of satanic rituals for some reason? It was constant reports of suspected satanic ritual abuse this and that.

When's the last time you heard a rumor of satanic rituals in your neighborhood? Only affront to God I witness in my hood these days is undercooking a good cut of meat.

:yeshaha:

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

hell yeah suburban moms loved to get frothy about satan in the 90s.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
One of best episodes of X files had suburban satanists at a school.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I feel like these days most people complaining about Satanists are other people into occult poo poo dunking on LaVeyans for being idiot objectivists.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The people that worried about Satanist in the 90s are more worried about brown people these days

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

The people that worried about Satanist in the 90s are more worried about brown people Muslims these days

Turned out there aren't all that many Satanists but there's over a billion Muslims in the world so...yeah. Of course there's a big overlap when it comes to racists and evangelicals but as far as the religious antagonism goes it's Muslims.

Suburban white people not liking anybody darker than a paper bag is just kind of a depressing constant of American politics.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

This made me laugh way to hard.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Dungeon Ecology posted:

hell yeah suburban moms love to get frothy

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Warlock: The Pretension

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I forgot to post Jesus memes, let's go with the classic ones

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I always liked that portrait of Jesus because his expression is like he called you out for farting, and you quickly shouted "Uhhh... what? Heh, no, that wasn't me. Heh.", and then jesus looks at you and is all

Really, dude? Really?

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Screaming Idiot posted:

I think you mean Poe's Law. Sturgeon's Law is the "90% of everything is poo poo" one.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Milo and POTUS posted:

One of best episodes of X files had suburban satanists at a school.

Man, that was one of the best ones. It was even funnier because (spoilers for a twenty-five year old show) Satan sent the evil schoolteacher to kill the PTA members because they were poo poo at worshipping. Like, get your loving act together!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

minato posted:

I think you mean Poe's Law. Sturgeon's Law is the "90% of everything is poo poo" one.

I KNOW WHAT I SAID GODDAMMIT

actually you're right but what i said works too

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://puistokemisti.kapsi.fi/road.webm

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Pretty sure Jesus was a lot more swarthy than americans want to think

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

Yeah, he always gets portrayed like a long-haired Italian dude and that will never stop being funny to me because he, uh...wasn't. At all.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zzulu posted:

According to a forensic anthropologist, this is what your average Galilean dude looked like back then.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah he looked Mediterranean, not Mediterranean, drat Thai cuisine-hating bigots

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Othello the Mediterranean

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

That guy that just aerated his skull looks pleased. I'm assuming he made his saving throw and is still alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Memento posted:

According to a forensic anthropologist, this is what your average Galilean dude looked like back then.

Really? This changes everything. gently caress me I'm in.