Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Crumbletron posted:

According to some of the numbers charts CG posted, the 3% on speed mods rounds up so you will get an increase anyway, gently caress you and diebold

I know, thats what I said, but such a low % means that at most itll be 1 per mod, so 1 from each of the 5 non primary, and (I was wrong apparently, primary will change), 2 from arrow, 7 total speed from all 6 mods being 6 dotted, per character. I don't have amazing speed sets (best I can do is +109 including speed set bonus) so 1 each from the non primary will make a much smaller difference than an actual good speed secondary mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I know, thats what I said, but such a low % means that at most itll be 1 per mod, so 1 from each of the 5 non primary, and (I was wrong apparently, primary will change), 2 from arrow, 7 total speed from all 6 mods being 6 dotted, per character. I don't have amazing speed sets (best I can do is +109 including speed set bonus) so 1 each from the non primary will make a much smaller difference than an actual good speed secondary mod

Yeah, my concern with suddenly faster mods is from people with purple mods (20+) upgrading to gold (25+) with a good roll.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Wait, we can put mods on our characters? What are those?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hockles posted:

Wait, we can put mods on our characters? What are those?

The purple materials you get on Wednesday

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Im with Malgrin on this one

Just look at the rate we acquire reinforcement materials and you'll have a pretty good idea at how fast we will get mod upgrade materials. The rate at which we get ship reinforcement materials is less noticeable because
1. A lot of people don't care all that much for ships
2. You don't really need all that many materials since you don't need to upgrade the reinforcement skill for all that many ships.
3. Many of the reinforcement skills are already quite good after spending 25 materials, and barely get better once you spend an additional 75.

Now compare this to mods where you need to upgrade SIX mods on every character you regularly use, including the throwaway mods you put on your fleet arena characters (provided that 5->6 is a power increase)
So thats at BEST 30 mods you need to upgrade. For most of us it will be somewhere around ~120 mods.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

So thats at BEST 30 mods you need to upgrade. For most of us it will be somewhere around ~120 mods.

Now add TW.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!
After playing for 7+ months daily I've finally earned my first Zeta but I'm having such anxiety as to where to put it. I've narrowed the list down to these:

R2-D2. He is on my Arena team (Wiggs, Chaze, R2) which is also my strongest team (but I'm really only able to rank in the 201-500 rankings), so that would be a nice boost. Of the two, I'm leaning toward Number Crunch.

And then to make Territory Wars and Battles a bit easier, I also really like the idea of a Zeta on Kylo Ren Unmasked, Finn, and General Veers.

Of these four characters, where do you best like my first zeta going?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
That's a tough one because Finn, Veers and KRU's zetas are all excellent, but since R2 is on your arena team, I'd lean on that one. R2 is never a bad choice and Number Crunch is definitely the correct first zeta. The other one is great too but it's a nice to have rather than essential. Loop back to it later, maybe after the other three.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think Combat Analysis has extra synergy under a Wedge lead, but Number Crunch is great in any team comp that is mostly LS.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Rand Ecliptic posted:

R2-D2. He is on my Arena team (Wiggs, Chaze, R2) which is also my strongest team (but I'm really only able to rank in the 201-500 rankings), so that would be a nice boost. Of the two, I'm leaning toward Number Crunch.

There are a lot of dudes that gain a lot more from a zeta, or that create teams with just one zeta -- mostly leads. However, R2's number crunch is one of the best and most lasting zetas in the game. It helps your arena team now and will help raid teams later.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!
Awesome, thanks guys. I'm about to put it on Number Crunch. Woot, my first zeta!!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I wish I would have known about this thread when I got my first Zeta...

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

They'd have just told you to put a Zeta on Rey

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
my first zeta was DV lead and I dont think Ive ever used it, except for fleet arena

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

my first zeta was DV lead and I dont think Ive ever used it, except for fleet arena

Get you a wampa and solo the last 2 phases of tank

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

My first zeta was QGJ. I was smart.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

DV was my first zeta and it was pivotal to me dragging my pubby guild across the heroic rancor finish line.

As for the mod update debate you guys need to chill and realize you aren’t going to have fully maxed out super teams. You’re going to have to pick and choose what mods will get the biggest boosts. The speed bonuses seem negligible unless you’re on the bleeding edge of your shard, focus on other stats you might need. We have no idea how the defense and health rebalances are going to shake out yet. Remember, bonus protection is calculated off of health, so Nest, Wampa, etc might be about to get really absurd.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

SgtMongoose posted:

DV was my first zeta and it was pivotal to me dragging my pubby guild across the heroic rancor finish line.

yeah, I was late enough to the game that I got CLS soon after zetaing DV, so never really needed DV lead for it

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

SgtMongoose posted:

As for the mod update debate you guys need to chill and realize you aren’t going to have fully maxed out super teams. You’re going to have to pick and choose what mods will get the biggest boosts. The speed bonuses seem negligible unless you’re on the bleeding edge of your shard, focus on other stats you might need. We have no idea how the defense and health rebalances are going to shake out yet. Remember, bonus protection is calculated off of health, so Nest, Wampa, etc might be about to get really absurd.

From 5dot to 6dot, speed doesn't change much, but if you have a 15 speed blue or 20 speed purple, those can now jump to 25 speed mods. That is where I am concerned. Also +2 speed on primary may not sound like that much, but that + 10 speed for each hero is an insurmountable gain.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Chilichimp posted:

Get you a wampa and solo the last 2 phases of tank

I just started on hyoda, figured it would be better for STR. Really sucks to use all of my tbattle currency on like 20 shards. So hard to resist the siren call of using it all on gear

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm 10 Sharda away from 7* Wampa, gonna be rebel stomping in no time.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I chose hyoda first, wanting him to be done for Jedi Luke if that ever comes.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I look at 15 hyoda shards for 3k, then I look at 10 stun cuff shards for like 300
:shepface:

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Defiance Industries posted:

I think Combat Analysis has extra synergy under a Wedge lead, but Number Crunch is great in any team comp that is mostly LS.

Both of R2's Zetas are light side exclusive; the 'all allies' benefit of Combat Analysis tops out at level 7 before the zeta.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

MichiganCubbie posted:

I chose hyoda first, wanting him to be done for Jedi Luke if that ever comes.

Similarly, I like (probably) the mod energy change because I’ll be able to 7* cold Han a bit faster once DT is done.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What is a good leader for a Rebel team? I noticed Wedge has one, but I have a feeling it might be Hoth leia? Right now I'm using Lando because he's got one and the strongest of those that have it.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

What is a good leader for a Rebel team? I noticed Wedge has one, but I have a feeling it might be Hoth leia? Right now I'm using Lando because he's got one and the strongest of those that have it.

Wedge is a great leadership ability and the wiggs combo is a cornerstone of an early rebel team, And if you have an ally with a good CLS the combo of both leaderships is amazing for 3*ing nodes. As a dozen of us itt have said get your wiggs up!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wedge's lead is way better than ROLO's. Makes Lando hella fun.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Jyn works too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wedge is a great leadership ability and the wiggs combo is a cornerstone of an early rebel team, And if you have an ally with a good CLS the combo of both leaderships is amazing for 3*ing nodes. As a dozen of us itt have said get your wiggs up!

I just tried this on the Shoretrooper node and did the best i'd done yet. I still lost Biggs because of those stupid Cartel Thugs and their brutal attacks (seriously, why does some generic enemy have such a strong attack all ability?). It looks like I'll just have to bring up their GL some more.

It did enable me to 3* the Krennick node though which is good.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Jyn works too.

She's way harder to get shards of.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

From 5dot to 6dot, speed doesn't change much, but if you have a 15 speed blue or 20 speed purple, those can now jump to 25 speed mods. That is where I am concerned. Also +2 speed on primary may not sound like that much, but that + 10 speed for each hero is an insurmountable gain.

Only if you’ve been sitting on them at level 6/9 all this time.

Which, yeah there’s some impact from folks who have been farming and leveling smartly since the announcement but that’s not “all the whales will suddenly have +150 sets” level of impact.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Any room in the main guild? I'm coming back (stopped in december). 1,8M GP and around 15 zetas.

Edit: is that Trump lover pic the new stupid newbie av? I never post in those threads...

trapt fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 7, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I just started on hyoda, figured it would be better for STR. Really sucks to use all of my tbattle currency on like 20 shards. So hard to resist the siren call of using it all on gear

do what I do and don't even look in the shop, man. You've gotta resist that call and just farm the toons, they've both top tier.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

trapt posted:

Any room in the main guild? I'm coming back (stopped in december). 1,8M GP and around 15 zetas.

Edit: is that Trump lover pic the new stupid newbie av? I never post in those threads...

yes, it's the new stupid newbie pick, and I think we've got a waitlist for both guilds rn. Get in the cord and post in recruitment. We might have room soon.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Only if you’ve been sitting on them at level 6/9 all this time.

Which, yeah there’s some impact from folks who have been farming and leveling smartly since the announcement but that’s not “all the whales will suddenly have +150 sets” level of impact.

You can only slice a level 15 mod.
My understanding is that a level 15 blue mod, when upgraded to purple, will have a chance to roll speed again (1/3 odds), and again when converted to gold (1/4). Then, it will increase by 3% when upgraded to 6E.
If I understand things correctly, a green mod with +speed actually has the best chances of becoming a fast mod, although it will cost you to get it to gold.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Malgrin posted:

You can only slice a level 15 mod.
My understanding is that a level 15 blue mod, when upgraded to purple, will have a chance to roll speed again (1/3 odds), and again when converted to gold (1/4). Then, it will increase by 3% when upgraded to 6E.
If I understand things correctly, a green mod with +speed actually has the best chances of becoming a fast mod, although it will cost you to get it to gold.

A green mod has a better chance at high speed stats if upgraded now, because at level 3 or whatever it's guaranteed to boost speed since that's the only secondary stat there. Post mod patch every mod will always unlock all secondaries before boosting any. That'll be nice because you won't have to go all the way to 12 to see all secondary stats, but does give you less control with green mod secondaries. Post mod patch I'm unsure of how stat boost to existing level 15 mods will go but I did not get the impression from what I've read that you'll be able to take a 14 speed mod and make it 20

Edit: ok so post patch when they revert mods back to the color they were when acquired none of the current stats will change, but you'll be able to slice non gold up to gold, which will increase a secondary stat randomly each time. Under the current system mods that were gold when acquired had the best 'stats' (just not necessarily the best stat you wanted) so even though every mod ended up gold at level 15 the ones that were gold already from level 1 were theoretically the best. Hmm. Thats a bit different then I thought it would work but Im still not worried and still excited for the change. That gives whales that can spend to boost their mods faster an intermediate advantage but they always get that whenever anything new comes out, and since Im not on the bleeding edge of speed mods already it doesnt effect me much at all, and I still have more power to upgrade existing mods post patch than I do now

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 7, 2018

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

A green mod has a better chance at high speed stats if upgraded now, because at level 3 or whatever it's guaranteed to boost speed since that's the only secondary stat there. Post mod patch every mod will always unlock all secondaries before boosting any. That'll be nice because you won't have to go all the way to 12 to see all secondary stats, but does give you less control with green mod secondaries. Post mod patch I'm unsure of how stat boost to existing level 15 mods will go but I did not get the impression from what I've read that you'll be able to take a 14 speed mod and make it 20

Edit: ok so post patch when they revert mods back to the color they were when acquired none of the current stats will change, but you'll be able to slice non gold up to gold, which will increase a secondary stat randomly each time. Under the current system mods that were gold when acquired had the best 'stats' (just not necessarily the best stat you wanted) so even though every mod ended up gold at level 15 the ones that were gold already from level 1 were theoretically the best. Hmm. Thats a bit different then I thought it would work but Im still not worried and still excited for the change. That gives whales that can spend to boost their mods faster an intermediate advantage but they always get that whenever anything new comes out, and since Im not on the bleeding edge of speed mods already it doesnt effect me much at all, and I still have more power to upgrade existing mods post patch than I do now

Yeah, I re-read all that stuff this morning. Part of why I am concerned is that I have spectacularly bad luck rolling mods. I have rolled more mods with speed than most (if not all) goons that play this game, and yet have a bad top end for mods compared to a few people in SM (some have more than 1 20+ speed mod). On the flip side, I have a very good middle end, super solid in the 13-15 speed range, so I'm hoping a lot of those mods are blue. Either way, I expect I will continue to roll very badly, while people around me roll well.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I re-read all that stuff this morning. Part of why I am concerned is that I have spectacularly bad luck rolling mods. I have rolled more mods with speed than most (if not all) goons that play this game, and yet have a bad top end for mods compared to a few people in SM (some have more than 1 20+ speed mod). On the flip side, I have a very good middle end, super solid in the 13-15 speed range, so I'm hoping a lot of those mods are blue. Either way, I expect I will continue to roll very badly, while people around me roll well.

That's about where I'm at too, a bunch of 10-14 mods, I think I have a single 16 speed mod and thats my best one

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Malgrin posted:

Part of why I am concerned is that I have spectacularly bad luck rolling mods.

It feels like everyone has a story like this so i think this is just how the game is designed.

Here are some of my bad mod luck stats:
Out of all the marquee events i have ever participated in i have only gotten a speed secondary on a single mod. (Must be a couple of hundred mods by now?)
Out of all the arrows that has ever dropped from marquee events none has had speed primary.
I once refreshed the mod store 100 times (right when they changed it to cost 15 crystals and mods costing creds, as i thought it was a temporary change) and got ZERO mods with speed secondaries nor any arrows with speed primary. I honestly think this was intentional from CG as mods with speed secondaries haven't been THAT rare since.
I have spent virtually all ship credits (and all my cantina coins -> ship credits) and about 80% of all credits since they changed the mod store on mods with speed secondaries and less than 20% of those has gotten upgrades to the speed stat.

All i have to show for all the resources i have poured into mods are a couple of speed sets that give 80ish to 90ish speed and a handful of other decent mods (as in mods with 10 or more speed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I spent a solid 2 month of the last year (december and may) just farming mods. I have enough deec sets to mod most every toon I use, but yeah, it's odd pouring that much into it and getting basically poo poo.