Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DesperateDan posted:

Kfc are capable of a very good fried chicken but theres a lot of variation between individual restraunts in quality due to how well the procedures are followed, thanks for listening and god bless

it's ok, KFC made a VR training app to help employees follow the procedure better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmRQBugNDGQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Truga posted:

it's ok, KFC made a VR training app to help employees follow the procedure better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmRQBugNDGQ

Cripes this technological dystopia is making me want to pick up a megabucket later

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/asabenn/status/1026746503832977408

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/johnmcdonnellMP/status/1026593474265722881

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
the level of strength and stability on display is absolutely smashing all previous records

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
BJ the Brexit Ogre

https://twitter.com/nwpruralcrime/status/1026365559674429440

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

quote:

These include cutting deep ditches, and erecting earth banks and stockade fences, to protect valuable machinery and livestock.

More technology is also being used to deter crime, including CCTV cameras, tracking devices and the SmartWater tracing system.

Crime wave aside, there's nothing more medieval than CCTV.

And as someone living in a rural area, fences, ditches and earth banks have never gone out of style.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://evolvepolitics.com/disloyal-blairite-labour-campaign-chiefs-may-have-sabotaged-jeremy-corbyns-2017-general-election-campaign/

So I know it is Evolve but is there any truth to this? Was Corbyn basically lied to?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
It’s been reported w few places but there’s no confirmation and it sounds mainly like someone doing a real dumb lie just to brag.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
With less than a thousand votes the other way there would be a Tory majority government without the need for any grasping prods or Katy Hoey so there we are. Just One Of Those.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Also the idea that opportunistic careerists who are "obsessed with winning elections" don't want to be sitting in government is some galaxy brained poo poo

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Think you’re ignoring the “Careerist” part of it, Corbyn has basically hosed their already planned out career path through the party. A fair few of them were convinced they were gonna get a turn at being leader or at least on the Front bench someday and found their dicks being slammed in the door of a left wing revival in the party.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they could .... also move left ?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

euphronius posted:

:monocle:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

euphronius posted:

Not without pissing off everyone who got them as far as they have and setting fire to their planned career once they leave office.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Fans posted:

Think you’re ignoring the “Careerist” part of it, Corbyn has basically hosed their already planned out career path through the party. A fair few of them were convinced they were gonna get a turn at being leader or at least on the Front bench someday and found their dicks being slammed in the door of a left wing revival in the party.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The face of a man watching his carefully planned career path dying in front of his eyes. It’s beautiful.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fans posted:

Not without pissing off everyone who got them as far as they have and setting fire to their planned career once they leave office.

then they aren’t good politicians I guess

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

jBrereton posted:

Also the idea that opportunistic careerists who are "obsessed with winning elections" don't want to be sitting in government is some galaxy brained poo poo
They wouldn't be in the government, they'd be consigned to the back benches indefinitely.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Irony Be My Shield posted:

They wouldn't be in the government, they'd be consigned to the back benches indefinitely.

Well you see if they waited long enough they'd be able to get into government due to people getting tired of the Tories, you see political scientists talk about this thing called "election fatigue",....

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Think you misunderstand. They’d be “in government” like Corbyn was “In government” during Tony Blair’s years. An unreliable vote no one really gives a poo poo about isn’t really what they lust for.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
The channel islands are neither part of the UK nor the EU?!

https://twitter.com/Doozy_45/status/995340597601996802?s=19

Guernsey was the last bastion of feudalism until a few years ago when they became semi-democratic due a sort of coup carried out by the brothers who own the Telegraph and live there wanting to have a bigger influence over local government

Plucky little Guernsey

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they are part of the Duchy of Normandy.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

twoday posted:

]

Guernsey was the last bastion of feudalism until a few years ago when they became semi-democratic due a sort of coup carried out by the brothers who own the Telegraph and live there wanting to have a bigger influence over local government

That was Sark, wasn't it?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

euphronius posted:

then they aren’t good politicians I guess

Oh 100%. The current generation of Blairites and moderates is for the most part inept at actual politicking. But they represent a faction of the party which in the recent (but fading) past earned a reputation for political cunning, so they have a very hard time accepting that. So you get things like this

(Michael Dugher did not win that war, and is no longer an MP)

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Who the gently caress is Michael Dugher.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lobster God posted:

That was Sark, wasn't it?

yes

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
BTW I'm also reading that the usual suspects are now talking about forming a "real" labour party, any actual chance of the sub humans that call themselves blairites doing this?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Fans posted:

idk most of the ones who are briefing against him and are getting press coverage won their seats in 2017.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Firos posted:

Who the gently caress is Michael Dugher.
He's trained to survive. He's also trained to take people out.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

jBrereton posted:

idk most of the ones who are briefing against him and are getting press coverage won their seats in 2017.

That’s not what being a careerist in the Labour Party means.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I get the root of this take but on the other hand there are blairites in the Shadow Cabinet already.

Starmer is a Blairite, Ashworth is a Blairite (and useless with the press, what's worse), Gardiner is a Blairite who took a shitload of money from the Chinese, and there's more.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

jBrereton posted:

I get the root of this take but on the other hand there are blairites in the Shadow Cabinet already.

Starmer is a Blairite, Ashworth is a Blairite (and useless with the press, what's worse), Gardiner is a Blairite who took a shitload of money from the Chinese, and there's more.

Not really. They're middle of the road centre-leftists yes, but they're not ideologically married to radical centrism as Umuna, Cooper, Leslie and the lot are, as demonstrated by the fact they were happy to work in a Corbyn cabinet and not attempt to burn the party down

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

multijoe posted:

Not really. They're middle of the road centre-leftists yes, but they're not ideologically married to radical centrism as Umuna, Cooper, Leslie and the lot are, as demonstrated by the fact they were happy to work in a Corbyn cabinet and not attempt to burn the party down

Find it hard to believe Umunna's married to any ideology.

He started off in Compass, was fully pro-Ed Milliband, then went full anti-immigration Blue Labour when that looked like the winning ticket around 2013.

He was saying that sacrificing single market access was worth ending freedom of movement in late 2016(!), but now he's decided he's back to not being racist and appointed himself king of the loving remainers.

Probably the least principled man in Labour politics tbh

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I just remembered this article about Umunna from back in the before times.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

marktheando posted:

I just remembered this article about Umunna from back in the before times.

lmao

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

euphronius posted:

yes politicians abandoning their ideals for the sake of advancing their careers is certainly a good thing we should definitely want more of

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

fridge corn posted:

yes politicians abandoning their ideals for the sake of advancing their careers is certainly a good thing we should definitely want more of

if those ideals are terrible and they need to be better to advance their careers, then yes that's unironically good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fridge corn posted:

centrists don't have ideals, that's why they're centrists