Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Herpes is also forever.

Shirley Bassey missed out on a golden opportunity.

Edit: Jesus what a weirdass page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Viva Miriya posted:

chances are you already have herpes

Yes, but not outbroken on my dick, which, for me, is the important thing.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Yes, but not outbroken on my dick, which, for me, is the important thing.

thats prob something else entirely homie - A SOF CORPSMAN

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

This is from the Bad with Money thread in BFC but relevant here too:

Propaniac posted:

Admittedly more BWL than BWM but I have to share this one:

"In the two years I've been in the Army, I (a man) have developed golf-ball-size lumps under my nipples that are now oozing streams of blood. I have never seen the completely free doctor available to me, or any other doctor, and am prepared to pay out-of-pocket for the surgery I assume I need, rather than let the Army find out."

US Army Enlisted - How do I get Gynecomastia Surgery?

quote:

I posted this on r/Army Figured I would throw it here as well, thank you for any feedback.
I've been in the Army for nearly two years now, my rank is E-4. Long story short I started developing gynecomastia in basic training and it keeps getting worse. It started with itchy nipples and now I've got close to golf ball sized lumps under both nipples. I'm not sure what the exact cause is but I didn't have this issue before enlisting (I enlisted at age 22). It's painful and embarrassing and I'm also worried about my health. About a month ago I woke up to a spot of blood on my shirt (over my left nipple) and when I pressed on that nipple a stream of dark blood ran down my chest, so I'm not sure if these lumps could be cancerous or what. I don't have any signs of low testosterone: I'm lean and muscular, good at PT, I easily grow a beard and no I've never used steroids.
I have not seen any doctor about this yet. I'm already expecting that the army will not pay for surgery, which is fine, I'm definitely willing to pay for surgery out of pocket. My worry is that if I see an army doc and tell him my concerns that they will just say its normal and lots of guys suffer from it (which is true enough) and would not condone me going into surgery with a civilian doctor, even if I pay for it myself. Maybe it's the wrong line of thinking but the Army has taught me that it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. I know there would be some recovery time from this surgery but I could potentially take leave and get it done and not have anybody find out.
I'm looking for feedback/advice from anyone that knows how the army would handle this or has gone through a similar experience. Should I see what the Army doctor would say first or just get the thing taken care of by a civilian surgeon and hope there aren't any complications/nobody finds out?

Every reply is some version of "Go to the doctor immediately".

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Holy poo poo if your endocrine system is messed up see a doctor immediately :psyduck:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

EBB posted:

Holy poo poo if your endocrine system is messed up see a doctor immediately :psyduck:

Vahaklaya appreciation station right here.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I've been out since 2007 and I joined the Reserves. I'll take my rightful place in this thread.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I've been out since 2007 and I joined the Reserves. I'll take my rightful place in this thread.

Officer or enlisted?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Officer or enlisted?

Officer. The extra cash is going to be great and I figure in case the GOP shutters the federal agency I work for, at least I will have a part-time gig that could probably be full-time if I sign up for mobilizations. :shrug:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Officer. The extra cash is going to be great and I figure in case the GOP shutters the federal agency I work for, at least I will have a part-time gig that could probably be full-time if I sign up for mobilizations. :shrug:

Orders get cancelled if a shutdown happens....

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm not talking about run-of-the-mill shutdowns, I'm talking about a nuclear option like Trump disbanding/privatizing the VA. VA is exempt from shutdowns because we have 2 year funding anyways.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

LingcodKilla posted:

We got brought in for a drill weekend during the last one but they said "we only have enough to pay you guys a half day", and their idea of a half day was 7-4 doing stupid poo poo.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

rifles posted:

We got brought in for a drill weekend during the last one but they said "we only have enough to pay you guys a half day", and their idea of a half day was 7-4 doing stupid poo poo.

Amazing. Someone cast this post in bronze.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Wait is that guard? Or reserve?

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Wait is that guard? Or reserve?

Ohio guard. I'm gonna guess the reserves would more directly cancel drill in the event of a shutdown.

We had an actual 4 hour drill for some reason one time too. Really sucks for the guys driving almost 3 hours one-way.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We just had to make up the drill that got deferred during the 2013 shutdown. I'd taken it off anyway so it didn't matter to me.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My last drill in the army, they made me a goddamn briefer and are running a APFT.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My navy reserve unit communicates pretty well so that’s been avoided.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

My navy reserve unit communicates pretty well so that’s been avoided.

I'm starting to doubt that you're a truthful person.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm starting to doubt that you're a truthful person.

For everything good I got to say about my CPFLT reserve units I have twice as many bad things to say about NOSCS.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

The kansas guard was notorious during my time in to be out of funds to pay ARE TROOPS the hard earned money we deserved for our drill weekends. Man, the bitching and moaning from people when they'd announce that was amazing.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Thankfully, there are no historical examples where not paying soldiers lead to terrible outcomes.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Thankfully, there are no historical examples where not paying soldiers lead to terrible outcomes.

In no version of the multiverse is the second American revolution led by unpaid and disgruntled members of the Kansas National Guard.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

MrYenko posted:

In no version of the multiverse is the second American revolution led by unpaid and disgruntled members of the Kansas National Guard.

Oh, I'm sure there's a James Wesley Rawles erotic fanfic about that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There's almost certainly a Chuck Tingle one.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"Pounded in the Reserves by my own Reserves" by Chick Tingle, esq.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm impressed with the sheer volume of his bibliography.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm impressed with the sheer volume of his bibliography.

He sure pounds them out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FrozenVent posted:

He sure pounds them out.

Pounded in the Butt by My Own Work Ethic

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Pounded In The Butt By My Own Massive Bibliography

c'mon, son

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Pounded in the Bitt By My Massive Bibliography's Butt

it's like you've never read any of the works of our nation's poet

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pounded in the butt by my book pounded in the butt by my book pounded in the butt my book pounded in the butt by the anthropomorphic representation of my own massive bibliography's butt

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

You forgot the nested quotes :eng101:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

By gay dinosaurs from outer space

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Remulak posted:

Ya’ll a buncha sanctimonious assholes and ya dicks are as dry as goddam Qatar. Sure the monetary cost is high but stripper puss beats dry hands any and every day.

Money comes and goes but cumming in a hot chick is 18 years. Or at least 30 seconds in my case.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Wait that's a reservist ribbon hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

That mustache looks like fruit mold

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

any guy who won't eat pussy is one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Maybe it's the camera but aren't medals supposed to be on the other side of his chest?