Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone e else order "The Table of Ultimate Gaming"? I did and am not pleased with their delivery. Wonder if any goons who ordered it had actually received theirs yet and could give a review. A negative review was left on their Facebook page so they deleted the reviews section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

King Burgundy posted:

Mine were in one package together.

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Mine came in a single parcel and all I ordered was the Mint Works and Mint Delivery combo

Yeah, just heard back from them; "there were no split shipments" and I had to fill out a website form for replacement parts. Hopefully "the entirety of the game" was an acceptable answer for what part I need.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Anyone e else order "The Table of Ultimate Gaming"? I did and am not pleased with their delivery. Wonder if any goons who ordered it had actually received theirs yet and could give a review. A negative review was left on their Facebook page so they deleted the reviews section.

I ordered one a few weeks ago but haven’t gotten it yet. What were the issues?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Brain Curry posted:

is this one of those gaming tables with all the bells and whistles that costs like $6000

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The_Doctor posted:

Bargain Quest reprint is up, but dang, that's looking pricey.

$40 for a game and $20 for an expansion is pricey? You're looking for a lot of a bargain.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Cat Face Joe posted:

is this one of those gaming tables with all the bells and whistles that costs like $6000

Nah I think all the tables are under 1000$. It’s closer to Ikea construction than actual wood tables.

https://ultimategametable.com

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jedit posted:

$40 for a game and $20 for an expansion is pricey? You're looking for a lot of a bargain.

Ironically, according to the comments it's actually more expensive in sum to have backed for all the new stuff only after getting the game in the first printing, compared to getting the whole package now.

Game looks fun as heck for a more casual experience so I'm all in.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Brain Curry posted:

Nah I think all the tables are under 1000$. It’s closer to Ikea construction than actual wood tables.

https://ultimategametable.com

Interesting. I like all the accessories that hang on the table edge.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jedit posted:

There is no ‘base game and expansion’ level, it’s all in at $70, and then $15 shipping on top to the UK. Plus the USD/GBP exchange rate right now is dreadful. :ohdear:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Brain Curry posted:

For the American backers the distribution company they chose has accidently sent out extra boxes/parts to some backers, therefore some backers don't have a table in this shipment anymore and will have to wait for another container ship on the next production run. But the company doesn't know who those backers will be, they don't know the status of any of the containers they have at the docks, and they had problems with some parts of the table, so the decorations and table tops are being sent later, at some future time. Just a pure gently caress up.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Please link the KS :staredog:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/972632882/table-of-ultimate-gaming-the-ultimate-game-table-s/posts/2230842

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

cyberia posted:

There's a new Tiny Epic game kickstarting in September

I didn't get the last one as I couldn't care less about zombies but I'm hoping this one is good as I'm a sucker for mechs.

Game involves programming your moves like RoboRally, I'm in.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

NinjaDebugger posted:

Game involves programming your moves like RoboRally, I'm in.

Have you played Mechs Vs Minions?

Also Gamelyn, as mentioned before, is 1/7 on "good" games...

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

IncredibleIgloo posted:

For the American backers the distribution company they chose has accidently sent out extra boxes/parts to some backers, therefore some backers don't have a table in this shipment anymore and will have to wait for another container ship on the next production run. But the company doesn't know who those backers will be, they don't know the status of any of the containers they have at the docks, and they had problems with some parts of the table, so the decorations and table tops are being sent later, at some future time. Just a pure gently caress up.

A friend of mine got his recently. Actually seems like an ok table, other than the fact that it's about as high as your armpits when you're sitting down (I guess some people like that, but I don't get it). He was none too happy about how long it took though, plus the fact that the accessories were still missing. And also apparently there's an issue with shipping the tabletops where they don't know how to make them not break in half?

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

A friend of mine got his recently. Actually seems like an ok table, other than the fact that it's about as high as your armpits when you're sitting down (I guess some people like that, but I don't get it). He was none too happy about how long it took though, plus the fact that the accessories were still missing. And also apparently there's an issue with shipping the tabletops where they don't know how to make them not break in half?

Glad I backed out and just made my own tabletopper instead.

The Mint Delivery/Works just suddenly appearing is because their shipping company supposedly is on every email's blocked spam list, so that no one ever gets their tracking emails. Kind of seems like a thing a shipping company would try and fix. I'm signed up for USPS Informed Delivery though, thanks to these last few kickstarters. It is a tracker for anything heading to your address that passes through USPS hands, so I could see when it was coming.

Or maybe it was FedEx's version of it. I forget. Four kickstarters arriving within a week of each other was kind of a surprise. Mints/Founders/Root/SteveLichman's book.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
Hey goons, I'm bringing a new kickstarter to the market next week for a bunch of Legacy: Life Among the Ruins supplements - one for hope and rebuilding, one for desperate struggle against oblivion, and a slavic fantasy/game of thrones hack. I have a draft KS page up for it now, any feedback would be much appreciated!

If you backed the previous stretch goal at a level that gets you stretch goal pdfs you're getting these already, and can put down £15/book to get them in hardcover. Otherwise, it's £15 for all 3 pdfs, £25 for 3 pdfs and a book, £55 to get all 3 books and pdfs, and £75 to get all of that plus Legacy 2e itself.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Radiant: Offline Battle Arena is now halfway through its campaign! I'm glad to say that we funded in the first week, so now we're trying to unlock some stretch goals. I'd really like to get the expansion unlocked, because the drafting aspect of the game really opens up with 12 players.

We've got a free print-and-play on our Kickstarter page, along with some gameplay videos and whatnot, so if anyone is interested you can check it out! Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Even though I can't justify backing it, I want to say props to you guys for having female character designs that don't suck.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spookyelectric posted:

We've got a free print-and-play on our Kickstarter page, along with some gameplay videos and whatnot, so if anyone is interested you can check it out! Thanks!

Is one of the stretch goals for box art?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

Shipping issues and the tabletop splitting are the same problems that last flat pack kickstarter table had I think. UPS does not seem to be the optimal way to distribute these. They also look kind of tacky.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Spookyelectric posted:

Radiant: Offline Battle Arena is now halfway through its campaign! I'm glad to say that we funded in the first week, so now we're trying to unlock some stretch goals. I'd really like to get the expansion unlocked, because the drafting aspect of the game really opens up with 12 players.

This looks great--going to hop in to back it. What's the point of adding on a second core box--to allow both players to choose from a full card pool?

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Agrias120 posted:

This looks great--going to hop in to back it. What's the point of adding on a second core box--to allow both players to choose from a full card pool?

Basically, yeah. One core box gives enough for two players to play using the draft format (You pick a hero, I pick a hero, I ban a hero, you ban a hero, so on), so for two players you only really need one core box. But if you both wanted to play constructed with duplicate heroes, two boxes would be required. Also, you'd both get an alternate art promo Bran, so that's pretty cool!

Honestly, when we play at the local store, we only ever do the draft format. It adds a new layer that we think is fun, and it's easy to just pick heroes and shuffle all their cards together.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Even though I can't justify backing it, I want to say props to you guys for having female character designs that don't suck.

Thank you! You've made our day. :)

Spookyelectric fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 8, 2018

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is one of the stretch goals for box art?

Would you believe me if I said yes?

logocentric
May 7, 2017

Lurker

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hello!

Lead Designer / Art Director here. I had to stop lurking just to say thanks for this comment. This is something that really mattered to me so seeing you say this totally made my day!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spookyelectric posted:

Would you believe me if I said yes?

I'm just saying, the box you're showing off now has a the grocery store from Repo Man thing going on

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Spookyelectric posted:

I'm a backer, but I still think it's weird you don't have a picture of what the game looks like on the table on your campaign page. You have to watch the videos to get an idea when it should be the first thing you see when you scroll down.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

I'm a backer, but I still think it's weird you don't have a picture of what the game looks like on the table on your campaign page. You have to watch the videos to get an idea when it should be the first thing you see when you scroll down.

Yeah, please don't assume that people will watch your pitch video. I never do and in fact forget that they even exist.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Yeah all the guides will drill into you that videos are so very important and X more people will back your project after watching it, but I think that's either a) skewed by tech projects (which specifically target an audience impressed by CGI renderings and Steve Jobs wannabes) or b) they've got their correlation the wrong way around, and by and large the only people who will watch your video are the people who've already decided to back your project.

I pretty much only back boardgame projects, and out of 20 or 30 projects I've backed I've only watched the Trogdor one's video (because I knew it would be a funny video in addition to a pitch).

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
Welp, Ken Hite is a stretch goal writer for Zak S' current KS so I guess he's 100% cancelled.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to silo off those memories of enjoying Suppressed Transmissions, because screw that noise. :(

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Ask him very politely to not write for it because it would make it unconscionable for you to continue giving him money? I've tried that on Twitter and it might actually work if there's more people than just me saying "please don't work on this, I cannot in good conscience buy your products when you do".

Organizing or otherwise getting and showing the numbers of our dissatisfaction is a lot more effective than a few scattered voices and decisions to not buy Ken Hite's products made in what are essentially secluded rooms.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Bieeanshee posted:

I'm going to silo off those memories of enjoying Suppressed Transmissions, because screw that noise. :(

There's nothing wrong with choosing not to support someone doing something you disagree with. But don't beat yourself up over the fact that you enjoyed something they produced. The quality of a person has nothing to do with their ability to produce interesting art or ideas. You may not be able to give them your money in good conscience but there's no need to give yourself a case of cognitive dissonance over it either. It's just a fact that being a flawed (or even horrible) person does not preclude them from being a great artist.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Ettin posted:

Sounds like a great time to quit posting about Zak.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

HazCat posted:

Yeah all the guides will drill into you that videos are so very important and X more people will back your project after watching it, but I think that's either a) skewed by tech projects (which specifically target an audience impressed by CGI renderings and Steve Jobs wannabes) or b) they've got their correlation the wrong way around, and by and large the only people who will watch your video are the people who've already decided to back your project.

I pretty much only back boardgame projects, and out of 20 or 30 projects I've backed I've only watched the Trogdor one's video (because I knew it would be a funny video in addition to a pitch).

Yeah, I definitely only watch the video if I have a very strong interest. I don't think I've watched the video for most projects I've backed. No idea how representative I am though.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

logocentric posted:

Hello!

Lead Designer / Art Director here. I had to stop lurking just to say thanks for this comment. This is something that really mattered to me so seeing you say this totally made my day!

I'll throw my own, nearly identical thought in: a friend of mine posted something to the effect of "boob armor is the worst idea and dangerous, here's why you don't want swords smashing into your nipples" and I think they'd really dig the art here too. :)

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
Wanna throw my hat in for interest in Radiant, even though I don't think I can back at this time. But that comment section, yikes.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Anniversary posted:

Wanna throw my hat in for interest in Radiant, even though I don't think I can back at this time. But that comment section, yikes.
Lol, yeah, they attracted a crazy person who's obsessed with an aspect they said they're not adding to the game and he just won't stop posting about it over and over.
Hoo boy.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

JazzFlight posted:

Lol, yeah, they attracted a crazy person who's obsessed with an aspect they said they're not adding to the game and he just won't stop posting about it over and over.
Hoo boy.

Also he doesn't seem to understand Kickstarter because he thought he would receive the game the day the Kickstarter ended. I can only imagine how hard it was for the designers to hold their tongue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logocentric
May 7, 2017

Lurker

Anniversary posted:

We're gonna have a pledge manager up after the campaign ends, so if you're interested but can't afford it right now, there'll be time later.

Also we're really keen to have a friendly partnership with retailers since they tend to be the nexuses around which communities organize for this kind of game. You could talk to your FLGS about our Retailer pledge and then order your copy through them much closer to the fulfillment date. Added bonus that this will both save you money on shipping and put some money in the pocket of your FLGS.

logocentric fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 8, 2018