Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

now it makes sense

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Gliding under the stage to the other side. Meta Knight is particularly adept at this since he can glide twice without landing. This is known as "scrooging" and is usually banned.

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

turning up to a local melee competition and silently pissing everyone off when you just play the game without following the 2970 secret rules theyve developed over 17 years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first year Brawl was at Evo the rules allowed you to play with items on and a 11 year old won the whole thing, beating a bunch of Melee Gods because he would like throw poke balls and bob ombs, and the guy he beat was so pissed he bullied the kid into giving him the winnings because items are cheap.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

The first year Brawl was at Evo the rules allowed you to play with items on and a 11 year old won the whole thing, beating a bunch of Melee Gods because he would like throw poke balls and bob ombs, and the guy he beat was so pissed he bullied the kid into giving him the winnings because items are cheap.

This is why competitive smash is loving retarded. You should be ashamed if you care even slightly about smash outside of it being a party game. Disgusting

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

awesome, thank god justice prevailed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"At the conclusion of the tournament, CPU stated that attending further tournaments was unlikely; at the age of fourteen, he was entirely dependent on his parents for transportation, and that the sole reason for attending EVO was because of a family vacation that took place in Las Vegas at the same time as the tournament"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

lmao i remember this. people who play melee are really healthy

Parachute
May 18, 2003

In Training posted:

"At the conclusion of the tournament, CPU stated that attending further tournaments was unlikely; at the age of fourteen, he was entirely dependent on his parents for transportation, and that the sole reason for attending EVO was because of a family vacation that took place in Las Vegas at the same time as the tournament"

i love poo poo like this. i ran a 5k once and most of the competitors were decked out in expensive fitness gear and the guy who (easily) won was a 17 year old wearing timberlands and cargo shorts

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember the 2nd in command of the company I work for once accidentally texted me that he was so embarrassed by the cheap golf clubs they have and they need to get good ones since they look like fools out there and I showed my dad, so he brought me to a golfing/retirement community neighborhood and we ate mexican food in the car while he opened the window and laughed like a maniac every time the old lovely golfers in their expensive gear took a swing and talked poo poo about them.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm terrible at golf but upgrading to a driver made this millennium really helped. The club heads nowadays have larger sweetspots and are much more forgiving... Much like fighting game input buffers hehehe

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dbfz is not just the most popular game at evo it’s one of the top 5 selling games in 2018 lol

The thing did ridiculously well, but did terribly
In japan

mysterious loyall X posted:

its not possible to time out in smash

Tournaments play with timers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Dbfz is not just the most popular game at evo it’s one of the top 5 selling games in 2018 lol

The thing did ridiculously well, but did terribly
In japan

It and bbtag both did poorly in JP because they didn't have arcade releases

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

yeah, 8 minutes per game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DTN is this weekend. Looking forward to BBtag in particular, because it seems like the only people on the planet who care about BBTag live in the tristate area

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4oQ_zJ5VOI

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/mutantxperience

theyre streaming alpha 2 right now and one of the guys on commentary is a fortnite player who swung by and the extreme ST head is explainig to him what a fighting game is, in the cadence of you explaining to your mom the difference between "The Nintendo" and a playstation.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I think I'm finally starting to understand King of Fighters after trying and giving up on it a dozen times. If anyone has KoF XIV on Steam they should play it with me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

7 days till Evo.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm hype as hell... Gonna be some sick gaming. Which e-athlete competitors will bring home the prize?!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

7 days till Evo.

will be epic to not watchc any of it :twisted:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'll definitely be watching Tekken, Cross Tag, and PPT.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll be tuning in for Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and the Super Smash Bros Ultimate pre-release tourney.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I'll be tuning in for Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and the Super Smash Bros Ultimate pre-release tourney.

dont forget project m

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I can't wait for Guilty Gear pools so Ryan Hunter can pretend to be interested and not totally confused by the two Sol players doing wild DPs and Riot Stomps.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Same for bbxtag pools and most of the bracket, probably.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Blazblu Cross Tag Battle is without a doubt the single worst videogame ever made.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its the best game arcsys has made in years.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

its the best game arcsys has made in years.

Yes. It's good.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

bbtag is incredible

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I found something cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDgH1U1VM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtKmKt0vmr8

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHmlh8IXmjY I like this video.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHmlh8IXmjY&t=252s

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ST players are like smash brothers players except they dont smell like poo poo and there only like 10 of them

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

ST players are like smash brothers players except they dont smell like poo poo and there only like 10 of them

lmfao. aris the god

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I was gonna play Nine but I dunno if I can handle her. She's too much.