Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I do know that a kind soul in the Discord gifted me an Ignis Wraith BP, I don't think he was in the goon clans though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think I'm only working at it because I want the lore to make consistent sense, but I also have to accept that parts of the lore were written before second dream, so there's a lot of backtracking and patchwork going on.

The only discrepancies that exist are there because the knocker on the walls doesn't give a poo poo about linear time.

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.
I gave away two scattered justice, 2 streamline, 2 flow, a serration, a point blank, a hell's chamber and a split barrel tonight. Feels good :)

Also what the hell is this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

A fortress goat.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Farmer Jimbo posted:

Looks like some kinda jojo?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Farmer Jimbo posted:

I gave away two scattered justice, 2 streamline, 2 flow, a serration, a point blank, a hell's chamber and a split barrel tonight. Feels good :)

Thank you for that Scattered Justice. I put it in my brand new Hek along with a potato, and it took me an hour to stop screaming “I AM THE THUNDER” after every magazine.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That is a beautiful flower, mind the thorns.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
So today I watched the opening cinematic of Second Dream, but I won't have time to actually do the quest till tomorrow or possibly Wednesday. Now, full disclosure, I am spoiled on Second Dream, but feel like this is one of those places where the story isn't as strong as if I was already playing when this quest dropped. The cutscene opens with the Stalker talking to some Sentients and being handed an evil-looking anime sword. Now, I'm vaguely aware of the Stalker, but the thing is, I've never seen him. He's never appeared to gently caress my day up during a random mission, so as far as I'm concerned he's just that guy who sends me threatening emails when I kill a boss.
He's more like, the Cyberstalker.

Related question: Prior to Second Dream coming out, were the only Sentients you ever see the ones floating around the Sealab in Natah, the crashed giant one on Earth, (was that wreck really part of the Earth Forest tileset the whole time? It would never catch your attention without specifically looking for it), and Lotus? Or have they already been discussed and seen for a bit?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Mr. Peepers posted:

Well, attention anyone who doesn't have an Ignis Wraith: the blueprint costs literal pocket change. (or the goon clan may have access to it, I dunno)

Several streamers including whiskey_cat give it away for free to people who watch their streams (not even follow or sub) too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We werent even aware of what Sentients referred to for a long time. Were they a faction? Did 'war of the sentients' refer to everyone getting into a fight? There was no background or context beyond Mirage's stuff for a long time.

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.

Preechr posted:

Thank you for that Scattered Justice. I put it in my brand new Hek along with a potato, and it took me an hour to stop screaming “I AM THE THUNDER” after every magazine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

So today I watched the opening cinematic of Second Dream, but I won't have time to actually do the quest till tomorrow or possibly Wednesday. Now, full disclosure, I am spoiled on Second Dream, but feel like this is one of those places where the story isn't as strong as if I was already playing when this quest dropped. The cutscene opens with the Stalker talking to some Sentients and being handed an evil-looking anime sword. Now, I'm vaguely aware of the Stalker, but the thing is, I've never seen him. He's never appeared to gently caress my day up during a random mission, so as far as I'm concerned he's just that guy who sends me threatening emails when I kill a boss.
He's more like, the Cyberstalker.

Related question: Prior to Second Dream coming out, were the only Sentients you ever see the ones floating around the Sealab in Natah, the crashed giant one on Earth, (was that wreck really part of the Earth Forest tileset the whole time? It would never catch your attention without specifically looking for it), and Lotus? Or have they already been discussed and seen for a bit?

Second dream is still my favorite quest and it's not even close. I mostly avoided spoilers.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I am having tons of fun with the Buzlok. It's the ZF1 tracking gun from The Fifth Element:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jVsQToSfag&t=53s
The dakka-dakka feel is also 5/5.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

We werent even aware of what Sentients referred to for a long time. Were they a faction? Did 'war of the sentients' refer to everyone getting into a fight? There was no background or context beyond Mirage's stuff for a long time.

I trough it was strongly implied that they where sentient machines in revolt. But any theory would fit, really.

Gara makes so much sense. All of his kit. I don't even have to think, all skills make a lot of sense and come naturally to me.

My lore theory:

The orokin kills Ballas waifu, and he is so butt hurt that he finds a way to revenge her. Along the way finds a way to recreate her with the help of the sentients. Thats lotus, Morgulis reborn has a sentient. The problem is... since shes has a imprint of Morgulis, she is not exactly like the other sentients, shes not like a cephalon either. She has sentiments and is more human-like than the other sentients. So she goes rogue and instead of killing the tenno, continues helping them.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Ok someone explain Ballas' creepy hand please

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's not particularly human

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Tei posted:

I trough it was strongly implied that they where sentient machines in revolt. But any theory would fit, really.

According to the video that puts all the lore in chronological order (don't have it to hand just now, but it's on YouTube somewhere), the Sentients are indeed rogue terraforming / von Neumann machine-type things that were sent to prep Tau Ceti for colonisation. Which works for me.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Probably MyNameIsBYF on YouTube, he was paid to do three huge loredumps that are full of massive spoilers if you haven't done the quests yet.

Pound_Coin posted:

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Aug 7, 2018

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's not particularly human

he look like dr manhatten with the bad touch

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Orokin really hated symmetry.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Sandweed posted:

The Orokin really hated symmetry.

You joke, but if we’re talking lore, wasn’t a love of uniqueness / hatred of similarity part of why the twins who later became the Grineer Queens would have been executed at birth if their father wasn’t a political bigwig in the Empire? I have a vague recollection of reading the Kuria lines and there being a reference to the Orokin flipping the gently caress out at two identical kids because they looked the same.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Rhino Prime entry showed a monster that would be warframes. But Ballas said they actually fielded these things as super soldiers against the Sentients because none of their tech would work. But they kept rebelling so they shelved the project. Until they discovered Transference. Mirage "dying" does not seem like it was a Tenno unable to teleport out because all the Tenno were in Lua if they were doing transference. The teleport thing is something they couldn't do while dreaming.

Titania, Inaros and Gara stories could be hints that the warframes could develop connections to others. Remember that the Rhino creature wasn't mindless when a Tenno accidentally did Transference. It could just be really, really angry. And hungry. The Tenno could still "subdue" it. Because they took its pain away. The other warframes might not be as wild. Watch the Mirage Prime trailer. Who do you think Ballas is talking to? He might be referring to the person who became Mirage. She might have been the Mirage in the memory imprint in the quest.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pound_Coin posted:

It's where all his evil is.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

If I was a new player, where would I look for non flawed serrated and hornet strike mods, hypothetically?

Or just more mods in general.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

SIGSEGV posted:

If I was a new player, where would I look for non flawed serrated and hornet strike mods, hypothetically?

Many mods drop off of enemies, but the best place to get mods is Clan or Alliance chat.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Ah, human interaction, I hoped to avoid that.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I have not had an un-chill experience in clan chat yet, and people love to shower you in mods. Just ask.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yeah, this is honestly one of the better (best?) goon communities around. Everyone is very helpful and willing to do what they can to assist. Just ask in alliance chat for those mods and somebody will help you out. Heck, I've only been playing a couple of weeks and I probably have duplicates of those ones. Ask if anyone has spare multishot mods, that's when guns start to get funny.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Well, there I go, I guess.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

You're missing out if you're not in the clan. Warframe can be played solo but the clan is always there to dish out advice and mods. And if you do want to play with other people there's always someone online who'll join in on whatever you're doing.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I just got a few solid mods so thanks for that, I guess I'm going to head back to climbing up the solar rail.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SIGSEGV posted:

Ah, human interaction, I hoped to avoid that.
I am the same, horribly antisocial and glad that this game doesn't force you into raids or voice co-ordination activities if you don't want. I mean you can if you like, and that's also great, but I just don't want to get stuck like I did on Destiny excluded from the coolest toys because I hate voice chat.

Personally I don't think any game should ever completely exclude non-communicative or casual players. I think there should always be a hard mode, and the hard mode should always let players get rewards faster, but casuals should always be able to get there eventually. There should never be a situation like Destiny's raids where the coolest content and the actual ending to the story is locked behind a punishing difficulty level.

Anyway, you can usually find where a mod drops by looking on the wiki - easiest way is googling "Warframe [mod name]" and it'll be in the first few results. The wiki is really good at telling you which mission / enemy type and the drop chance involved.

But all of that said, clan goons are generally really nice and will just give you all of the must-have mods if you ask in chat.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SIGSEGV posted:

100% droprate in clan chat.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Even the randoms in this game are pretty friendly.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Not odd that a game that is almost entirely casual-focused with a minimal PvP community would be less toxic than most.

It being incredibly easy helps with this too.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Menstrual Show posted:

It being incredibly easy helps with this too.
I think a lot of the easiness comes from how open the community is as well. Like as soon as someone says they're struggling, seasoned players jump in to give mods and build advice; partly to show off their loot, and partly because most seasoned players remember how good it felt when the game clicked for them, and they want to give that feeling to new players.

I also think it's because it's programmed by Canadians, although that means the first few levels of the Harrow quest must have been extra difficult for them.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

100% droprate in clan chat.

Yeah, I got exactly what I was looking for and a few extra goodies on top. It was pretty nice.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Since we now have a second guild, is it possible to sponsor RL friends again? How do I go about that?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i think generally you just find someone you have things in common with, and be nice to them until they start being nice back and inviting you to things. not sure, will report back if i get any results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I just saw this video, and it reminded me of some of the crazy gun handling that happens in warframe.

Pretty sure this guy could give a boosted Volt a run for his money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzHG-ibZaKM&t=56s

Fired a 6-shot revolver, reload, and 6 shots in a hair under 3 seconds.