Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Comedy Option: Oblak-Courtois swap deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

Isn't pogba's agent Raiola? Never trust anything that fat gently caress says. If it came from him it's a lie.

He said you were cool and thin!!!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Brony Car posted:

He said you were cool and thin!!!

Thank you for proving my point!!!!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Bogan Krkic posted:

yerry mina is going to be the overrated expensive world cup star for this transfer window, book it

Still time for Jose to try to overpay for Maguire.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

Still time for Jose to try to overpay for Maguire.

Maguire didn't suddenly look good at the World Cup though, he went rightly on merit. He's too young for Mourinho, whom I'm sure is ringing up Steve Bruce right now.

Nothing to do with John Terry. For Steve Bruce.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gigi Galli posted:

Isn't pogba's agent Raiola? Never trust anything that fat gently caress says. If it came from him it's a lie.

Yep, it's Raiola and he is a fat oval office.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually true that he was shopping Pogba around on his client's if not orders, then knowledge. He can't be 100% happy at United right now.

He's had his problems with Mourinho for months, and for whatever reason it looks like Mou just can't loving let it go. After France's World Cup win he was asked about Pogba and had the golden opportunity to say something positive and try to bury the hatchet. Instead he used his chance to take more cheap shots at Pogba.

I'm not saying the players are 100% faultless and many of them probably should grow a bit thicker skin, but playing at Manchester United under Mourinho's tactics and management can't be much fun right now. If Pogba can walk into any team on the planet and play for a manager who understands that man management does not equal "call them all soft cunts who aren't committed to the cause and drop them the first chance you get (except your favourites, they're faultless)".

Bundy posted:

Maguire didn't suddenly look good at the World Cup though, he went rightly on merit. He's too young for Mourinho, whom I'm sure is ringing up Steve Bruce right now.

I'd love Maguire at United, and think he's precisely the sort of defender they SHOULD be going after. He's already good, he's the type of player United need, and he's still young, and therefore capable of getting even better, or at least still has many years left in him. Instead the persistent rumours are Alderweireld (who is really good, but also almost 30 and therefore approaching the end of his career) and Boateng (who seems to be in rapid decline and also older).

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Aug 7, 2018

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Bundy posted:

Nothing to do with John Terry. For Steve Bruce.

I was leaning more on the expensive than the overrated part, I like the guy a lot but it’s still very funny to see his value jump from 17m to potentially ‘literally the worlds most expensive defender’ in a year

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

I was leaning more on the expensive than the overrated part, I like the guy a lot but it’s still very funny to see his value jump from 17m to potentially ‘literally the worlds most expensive defender’ in a year

It's going to be a rarer and rarer thing that a top four club has spent anything less than stupid money on each starting 11 position I think.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Der Shovel posted:

He's had his problems with Mourinho for months, and for whatever reason it looks like Mou just can't loving let it go. After France's World Cup win he was asked about Pogba and had the golden opportunity to say something positive and try to bury the hatchet. Instead he used his chance to take more cheap shots at Pogba.

Long grudges and cheap shots sounds so incredibly unlike Mourinho, that can't be right

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

Cazorla's been playing the Riquelme roll during preseason because he can't physically run anymore but he has actually looked decent.
It's all set up for Cazorla to miss a crucial penalty against Arsenal in the Europa League semi-final

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Joe Fart has gone to Burnley for £3.5m

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Surprised Burnley didn’t ask for more

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Shrapnig posted:

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1026759185541865472

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

joe hart was really bad last season, i don't remember him having one good game

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bogan Krkic posted:

joe hart was really bad last season, i don't remember him having one good game

he blamed moyes for this and it being the reason he missed the world cup

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

i mean, moyes was the manager that didn't play him enough to justify taking him to the world cup, but that was because he was considerably worse than known mentalist adrian

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

i mean, moyes was the manager that didn't play him enough to justify taking him to the world cup, but that was because he was considerably worse than known mentalist adrian

Remember the time Adrian threw off his gloves before taking the winning penalty in an FA Cup shootout? God I love that guy

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Arsenal possibly getting Dembele on loan from Barca for €10m with a view to a permanent deal next season apparently.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
They're going to send a 21 year-old they paid €100m for last summer out on loan to Arsenal? How poo poo can he have been last season?

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

peanut- posted:

They're going to send a 21 year-old they paid €100m for last summer out on loan to Arsenal? How poo poo can he have been last season?

He spent most of the season out injured.

Sounds like a perfect fit for Arsenal to me.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Myssu posted:

He spent most of the season out injured.

Sounds like a perfect fit for Arsenal to me.

This takeover thing might mean they want to spend some cash to sweeten the pill for Arsenal fans.

Not that it will work or anything but it's conceivable.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Von Linus posted:

This takeover thing might mean they want to spend some cash to sweeten the pill for Arsenal fans.

Not that it will work or anything but it's conceivable.

If we sign Dembele days after Kroenke buys out the entire club, there is a certain subset of Arsenal fans (rhymes with "editors") who will praise him as a god.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The first rumors of Ramsey being sold if he doesn’t sign a new contract are starting to pop up. Supposedly to Chelsea.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Rumors on Modric are that Inter's ownership group are offering him a massive 6 year deal, the first 4 he'd be at Inter, last 2 he'd be at their Chinese club. Meeting tomorrow with Modric's agents and Madrid's management to see if they'll offer a new contract in response.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Isn't he like 30 years old or something

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

The first rumors of Ramsey being sold if he doesn’t sign a new contract are starting to pop up. Supposedly to Chelsea.

Ramsey was mentioned 4-5 days ago.

It’s weird how fans different twitter spheres lead to completely different rumours that only exist in that bubble.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Usmanov selling his shares in Arsenal to Kronke looks like its coming up on a done deal

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Vegetable posted:

who cares he's still amazing

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Vegetable posted:

33 in a month's time.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Chelsea are reportedly paying Kepa's €80m release clause

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Chelsea are reportedly paying Kepa's €80m release clause

Liverpool killing football made this happen

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

pik_d posted:

Liverpool killing football made this happen

It's his release clause

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Real Madrid are talking to Chelsea about sending Kovacic the other way in a deal for Courtoís.

He's gone on strike anyway because he wants to leave Real Madrid so I guess it makes sense for them.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Chelsea have signed Bilbao's goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga for a world record fee of £71.6m.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/07/chelsea-kepa-arrizabalaga-athletic-bilbao-record

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Shrapnig posted:

Chelsea have signed Bilbao's goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga for a world record fee of £71.6m.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/07/chelsea-kepa-arrizabalaga-athletic-bilbao-record

the most ridiculous bit of this article

quote:

He would most likely play alongside Jorginho and N’Golo Kanté in Sarri’s favoured 4-3-3 system and his arrival could yet see Chelsea attempt to shift at least one of their fringe midfielders – the likes of Danny Drinkwater, Ross Barkley or Tiemoué Bakayoko – ahead of Thursday’s cut-off.

Clubs have been put off moves for the quartet to date by the loan fees that would be involved, with some prospective suitors quoted eight-figure sums plus the entirety of the player’s wage to take them on for the season.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Silly season ftw

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

the most ridiculous bit of this article

I imagine they want drinkwater and Barkley just for the homegrown quota considering they haven’t bought anyone else English

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Homegrown might be one of the dumbest things ever, not the rest of the world's fault England keep producing mediocrity.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

T Bowl posted:

Homegrown might be one of the dumbest things ever, not the rest of the world's fault England keep producing mediocrity.

They don't have to be English, they just have to have been registered at a FA club for 3+ years before the age of 21, it shouldn't be that hard to operate an academy and promote players from it. Cesc Fabregas is a Chelsea homegrown quota player.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

MrBling posted:

Real Madrid are talking to Chelsea about sending Kovacic the other way in a deal for Courtoís.

He's gone on strike anyway because he wants to leave Real Madrid so I guess it makes sense for them.

He's trash and a cokehead

• Locked thread