Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Nighthand posted:

Is there a goon guild for Waifoods and Husbentos? I don't know if anyone stuck with it long enough to make one. Though honestly I'll only be sticking with it until it gets too tedious or I run into a wall only passable by spending cash on a bunch of rolls, probably.

I'm in the Waifoods guild, they're decently ranked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I have no idea why I thought it would be a good idea to spend the last $5 of a Play gift card on a Pokemon Quest upgrade. That game has sat unopened on my phone for multiple weeks now and I have zero ambition to start playing again.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Finished up the story of Super Robot Taisen: X-O, so that's another game I'm putting on the backburner. Gonna focus more on Sinoalice now.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I have no idea why I thought it would be a good idea to spend the last $5 of a Play gift card on a Pokemon Quest upgrade. That game has sat unopened on my phone for multiple weeks now and I have zero ambition to start playing again.

I find that more often than not when I pay for something in a freemium game I'll invariably stop playing shortly after

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015
Anyone play Meteorfall and know of a decent build strategy for Mischief? Only thing I can get to do decent damage is to Stab spam --> Eviscerate.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

norp posted:

I find that more often than not when I pay for something in a freemium game I'll invariably stop playing shortly after

Too true. There's some blend of freemium gacha, auto play grinding game that somehow can keep me going about half the time.
Currently might and magic elemental guardians

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Gonna focus more on Sinoalice now.
God, I want a SinoALICE english release. Yoko Taro can have all my gacha moneys.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

God, I want a SinoALICE english release. Yoko Taro can have all my gacha moneys.

Don't see it happening. The JP community isn't even that big from what I can tell.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm going to strangle whoever recommended Solitarica.

That game is so good that I can't put it down, but sometimes you get RNGfucked and there's nothing you can do about it. It's so frustrating when that happens.

On the other hand, I just won a round as a rogue and I have absolutely no idea how. I got none of the items and spells to make the build that I wanted, and ended with 600 gold in my pocket because RNG gave me no good items to spend my money on. I had a hodge podge of skills and a poo poo ton of luck.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 7, 2018

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Renegret posted:

I'm going to strangle whoever recommended Solitarica.

That game is so good that I can't put it down, but sometimes you get RNGfucked and there's nothing you can do about it. It's so frustrating when that happens.

Waiting on drawing the half of your deck that can do anything eight turns straight sucks a lot.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

RBA Starblade posted:

Waiting on drawing the half of your deck that can do anything eight turns straight sucks a lot.

I like being able to eventually mitigate that with items, spells, and special cards.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Sometimes you get hosed, but that's the draw
(:haw:). You keep playing and getting stronger.

Hot tip: once you get good enough to reliably get through early fights without rely heavily on spells, make Alchemy your first purchase. Drown in gold.

Second hot tip: Pair alchemy with Overwhelm to blow out every front card.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I've had a good go with the Paladin class because you get the power to just delete tons of cards off the board. It takes the frustration out of trying to clear the last 2 cards on the board.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Paladin is the only class I've beaten epic with. I've been working on Barbarian recently.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone here playing Idle Apocalypse? I'm kind of digging the change in mechanics where you have producers, converters, and monster spawners and having to manage the resources between those floors. I'm looking for general tips if anyone's got em, I'm on my third run right now and from the sound of it I don't necessarily want to be restarting too often since that won't give me many souls to spend.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Paladin is the only class I've beaten epic with. I've been working on Barbarian recently.

How do you get to play Epic? I assume you have to beat the game?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How do you get to play Epic? I assume you have to beat the game?

Correct. If you beat the game once with the class, you unlock Epic mode, which has way more fights, all the monsters have scaled up abilities and do more damage. Every fight also drops a significantly lower amount of gold so it's harder overall

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Correct. If you beat the game once with the class, you unlock Epic mode, which has way more fights, all the monsters have scaled up abilities and do more damage. Every fight also drops a significantly lower amount of gold so it's harder overall

Wow, is that in any way fun?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Wow, is that in any way fun?

Yup. Once you actually get there, regular mode, especially on classes that you've already beaten the game with, it's rather boring. The extra Challenge from epic is a lot more rewarding to the play and beat through

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm still working on unlocking all the decks so I haven't tried epic mode, but barring any kind of bad RNG bullshit I can reliably win the game on normal most of the time. It's not terribly hard once you learn what's required for some of the bosses.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I lost my old save on my old phone, but Solitarica was like a daily play for me. I beat Epic on three classes :argh:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Sockmafia posted:

Anyone play Meteorfall and know of a decent build strategy for Mischief? Only thing I can get to do decent damage is to Stab spam --> Eviscerate.

That's usually my go-to strategy. Deck cycle and run 2 upgraded eviscerates. My win rate isn't quite as high as it used to be since they patched in the 5th character so there might be additional subtlety.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like being able to eventually mitigate that with items, spells, and special cards.

Yeah, but that first half is annoying and even then I usually lose in the end due to it, around 12. It just either peters out or I draw 5,6,7,8 for a while when I need anything but that. :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 7, 2018

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I haven't played a phone game as consistently as I have played Alto's Odyssey in a long time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Just beat Stuck in Solitairica for the first time! :toot:

That attack card that spears an entire stack is invaluable.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Solitairica is one of the few games I keep returning to. Just today I've beat it as Bard on epic, and the strategy I used was completely new to me.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Secret Of Mana is on sale for $3.99.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Montalvo posted:

I haven't played a phone game as consistently as I have played Alto's Odyssey in a long time.

I haven't called bullshit on a game more than Alto's Odyssey. Soooooooo many times I've come off a lip with no jump, just rolling into a backflip at knee height. Or, I end up jumping way too early. It's like there's some kind of input lag that I have yet to compensate for. Or, try to jump into a wallride and end up doing another half flip to put my face into the dirt. Uninstalled after an hour of frustration. I enjoyed the first one, and really wanted to enjoy this one too. Maybe my tablet is getting lovely, or maybe I'm getting too old for games that require fast reaction.
Edited to ask: How are the android versions of the Banner Saga games?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Secret Of Mana is on sale for $3.99.

Do you need a controller for it to play well?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

B33rChiller posted:

They're fine, but you'd probably want to play them on a tablet or a phone with a big screen. I also had trouble importing my BS1 save into BS2 at the time of the latter's release, but I assume they've fixed it since.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

pile of brown posted:

Do you need a controller for it to play well?

Nah. The touch controls are totally adequate.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A Way To Slay is a new puzzle game that combines turn based scenarios with slicing people up with a huge sword. It looks pretty interesting.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

B33rChiller posted:

I haven't called bullshit on a game more than Alto's Odyssey. Soooooooo many times I've come off a lip with no jump, just rolling into a backflip at knee height. Or, I end up jumping way too early. It's like there's some kind of input lag that I have yet to compensate for. Or, try to jump into a wallride and end up doing another half flip to put my face into the dirt. Uninstalled after an hour of frustration. I enjoyed the first one, and really wanted to enjoy this one too. Maybe my tablet is getting lovely, or maybe I'm getting too old for games that require fast reaction.

Huh. I haven't had any such problems. From what I remember of the first one, the controls feel just the same.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014

mrkillboy posted:

A Way To Slay is a new puzzle game that combines turn based scenarios with slicing people up with a huge sword. It looks pretty interesting.

This is real good stuff

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Been trying out Soul Reverse Zero and it looks nice for a gacha. Art is pretty and the voice acting is really good. Also appreciate that the menus, at least some of them, have English on them so I can click through them a lot quicker and not have to flip the JP switch in my brain on to parse them when doing monotonous stuff.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Thanks to an exclusivity deal, Fortnite is out now for recent Samsung devices (S7 or newer) via the Galaxy Apps store. You can also sign up for a beta invites for other devices at Epic's site.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 10, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Thanks to an exclusivity deal, Fortnite is out now for recent Samsung devices (S7 or newer) via the Galaxy Apps store. You can also sign up for a beta invites for other devices at Epic's site.

drat, no love for the LG G4. I can play PUBG, so maybe it's a matter of actually being able, but it's just not listed there. I've never played Fortnite but I'd love to try it out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I finally got around to buying it and wow RCT Classic plays p much perfectly on a phone. I just wish I could direct where to put paths instead of just double tapping on screen.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

mrkillboy posted:

This game is legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
A Way to Slay is neat, but the dude needs to learn how to parry. If you took away the slick visuals and left the gameplay it would be boring as gently caress.