Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

nintendo making people go insane by announcing their poo poo at the last minute is forever entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Their online system is going to have nes and snes games allow multi-player online and that is all I need to know
Agreed. Not much I want more in this world than loving Excitebike with online co-op for some ungodly reason. Can't wait.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

American McGay

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

They've said since the start that it was gonna cost money eventually and it's $20

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Love Smash Bros, love Nintendo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

an actual dog posted:

They've said since the start that it was gonna cost money eventually and it's $20

the switch even warns you when you start it up the first time lol. bizarre that its taken them so long to roll it out tho

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

paid online sucks rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It does suck rear end but I'd rather play balloon fight for free than Uncharted 6 or Gears of Funko for free.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vbh6TdLmd0

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://imgur.com/a/VgkGtmU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

an actual dog posted:

For a year lol

American McGay posted:

Agreed. Not much I want more in this world than loving Excitebike with online co-op for some ungodly reason. Can't wait.

Me too. And Kirby's Dream Course

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

American McGay posted:

I ain't mad, it just seems really strange. People ragged on them because like 70% of their E3 stuff was just Smash, and now the first direct since E3 and it's just more Smash.

Also we've still got VERY few details for online which is weird considering how close it is. Since you're effectively taking services away from users by launching it in the middle of the lifecycle I feel like they might wanna at least give a heads up to people as to why they gotta pay money to play Splatoon and Mario Kart now.

the days of platform holders offering flimsy pretenses for paid online are over, they're not going to try to justify it, they'll just do it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

paying 20 dollars per year for splatoons 2's terrible peer to peer match making is a small price to pay when i have to pay 60 dollars per year for terrible peer to peer match making on the ps4 version of street fighter 5 $hastag RiseUp

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Remember when Microsoft had Netflix and the web browser behind a paywall lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Remember when Microsoft had Netflix and the web browser behind a paywall lmao

yeah you mentioned it like two days ago

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Lmao

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It was in a different thread so it doesn't count

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

They’re gonna announce a xenoblade 2 character

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Angry YouTube’s will be released about censorship and how they shrunk the boob bones

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

That's actually a really good guess

I really want Wart or Toad tho :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It would probably be Rex+Pyra as a ice climber character, if they did this

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

sucks that it will probably be rex, the most boring character in the game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

:laugh:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

this is how you remind of how i really am browsing the internet on a console using a dpad

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

this is how you remind of how i really am browsing the internet on a console using a dpad

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I got a mod chip for my litter box

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

$20 a year is pretty cheap but I bet they will raise it after a while

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Tales of Woe posted:

sucks that it will probably be rex, the most boring character in the game

i hope its turters

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
im (posting) using motion controls

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
keep posting, I'm reloading (this page)

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My brothers friend with the money let us borrow games. Here is the refrain: Completed!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Getting myself hype for the direct tomorrow and rewatching this vid again for the first time since E3. Gives be goosebumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YmIl3jA758

Also rewatching the actual E3 vid, Sakurai makes some very specific comments about how the roster will unlock.

quote:

Your starting roster may be as small as the original N64 game. We've streamlined the conditions for unlocking fighters, and we wanted to make the process interesting, so it feels like you're constantly recruiting popular characters to your side.

That seemingly hints at some sort of single player experience. 🤞

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

hopefully they do the thing the old games did where you can brute force unlock everything just by playing a lot of vs.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I can't watch the direct until after work tomorrow. Please lock the thread until 5 pm central time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

American McGay posted:

Getting myself hype for the direct tomorrow and rewatching this vid again for the first time since E3. Gives be goosebumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YmIl3jA758

Also rewatching the actual E3 vid, Sakurai makes some very specific comments about how the roster will unlock.

That seemingly hints at some sort of single player experience. 🤞

I would say it's a given that there will be single player. All of them have had it. Hopefully something as good as Brawl had.

Nostradingus posted:

I can't watch the direct until after work tomorrow. Please lock the thread until 5 pm central time.

You can watch at work, I won't tell your boss. Show him this post for permisson.