Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Beachcomber posted:

They sell machines to make those, you know.

Edit:

I do recommend watching this review before anyone goes through with it. (Spoiler: Not as great as you would hope, but maybe not as bad as you would expect)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klwE9JIzQOg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I’ve only done Holland America, my parents basically live on their cruises; but I want to do a DCL one and just float all around the Caribbean.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I have a yonana machine at home and I love it. It's really tasty and can scratch an ice cream itch but there's a few things you need to know about it because at the end of the day it's still a stupid kitchen gimmick.

1) There's two different models, a cheap one and an expensive one. The cheaper one is trash and you shouldn't waste your money. Get the better one or get nothing at all.

2) His bananas are way too frozen in that video. There's specific directions on just how long you need to let your bananas defrost, I think it's about 7 minutes. This makes a world of difference. They also need to be just slightly overripe.

3) If you want to mix flavors, you don't throw in your stuff one at a time and instead alternate ingredients. Throw in half a banana, then throw in a few strawberries, then throw in another half banana, then some peanut butter, then more banana. It'll all mix up inside the machine as long as you do little bits at a time. You see in the video it eats almost an entire banana, if you add multiple things at once then it all gets smooshed up together and comes out pretty homogeneous.

4) It's a loving bitch to clean. It comes apart easy enough but there's just so much poo poo that gets caught on the inside, it makes a huge mess as you have to scoop it all out. Your best bet is making a huge batch and freezing it. It freezes pretty well.

e: 5) you can accidentally eat a deceptive amount of bananas and :rip: your butthole

Renegret fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 31, 2018

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Renegret posted:

e: 5) you can accidentally eat a deceptive amount of bananas and :rip: your butthole

How...how do you eat bananas?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Don't kink shame

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Here go your full F&W menus.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I just got an audition email for Universal seeking stunt performers trained in some or all of:

Stage combat
Parkour
Full Body
Burns Diving
Martial arts
Capoeira
Rappelling
Quarter Staff

I get a lot of these emails, usually specifying what show it's for or what park (usually Sinbad or the Durmstrang performers), but this email was very specific that it's for both parks. I wonder if they're going to return some stunt show content to Universal.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

chitoryu12 posted:

I just got an audition email for Universal seeking stunt performers trained in some or all of:

Stage combat
Parkour
Full Body
Burns Diving
Martial arts
Capoeira
Rappelling
Quarter Staff

I get a lot of these emails, usually specifying what show it's for or what park (usually Sinbad or the Durmstrang performers), but this email was very specific that it's for both parks. I wonder if they're going to return some stunt show content to Universal.

Sometimes they just do a generic hiring for certain roles. I used to see them post "comedic actor" a lot and it's was a catch all for Horror Make Up and at the time Disaster! although I think they also throw in voice actors on occasion for all their interactive characters (Fountain in IOA, Shrunken Head in Diagon, Donkey)

From the sound of that one, it's most likely for Sinbad.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

chitoryu12 posted:

Stage combat
Parkour
Full Body
Burns Diving
Martial arts
Capoeira
Rappelling
Quarter Staff

Sounds like a pretty average Saturday afternoon.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Sindbad

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Dren posted:

Sindbad

Well, what do you know. I've been doing that my whole life.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sometimes they just do a generic hiring for certain roles. I used to see them post "comedic actor" a lot and it's was a catch all for Horror Make Up and at the time Disaster! although I think they also throw in voice actors on occasion for all their interactive characters (Fountain in IOA, Shrunken Head in Diagon, Donkey)

They've done recruiting for Sindbad before, but the emails always either specified it was for that show or said it was for IOA. Likewise, they've done auditions for Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students and specified that they were for those roles.

This email laid out that it was for both parks, which they only ever do when it really means both. Since there's a huge dearth of stunt content at the main Universal park right now and it's been rumored for years that Fear Factor was going away, I'm wondering if they may be planning more live stunt content as part of their current huge expansion.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Well, what do you know. I've been doing that my whole life.

It seems to be somewhat contentious on whether its Sinbad or Sindbad. And as far as I can tell, Sinbad seems to be the popular spelling in the western world, so it's more on Universal for screwing it up.

I choose to blame popular comedian and star of Jingle all the Way, Sinbad.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I assume some people here watch Defunctland on Youtube, but if you don't I feel like I should point out that last week's episode was double-length and featured the story of Disney's America. I'd always known that it was a thing that was being planned at some point but I think I had never realized how close it was to being built and how much resistance there was to it. It seems like it could have been an interesting idea, even if I don't entirely trust that Disney (especially Eisner-era Disney) would have been tactful about some of the more serious parts of American history.

Also the next Disney-related one they're gonna cover is Eisner's other big idea to spread Disney across the country: Disney Quest. As someone who was just a hair too late to ever have visited the Chicago rendition but loved the Florida one when I was a kid, I'm super excited to hear about all of the imagineering stuff they had in the pipes before it blew up in their face.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

chitoryu12 posted:

Full Body
Burns Diving

What are these?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Beachcomber posted:

What are these?

I may have accidentally separated the two, and it's "full body burns diving". It's the stunt at the end of Sindbad or Waterworld where someone is set on fire and dives into a pool of water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be9ZEbY8ZS0

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

So what does it pay to get set on fire for a living?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Not nearly enough

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It could easily be more than enough.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

DC Murderverse posted:

I assume some people here watch Defunctland on Youtube, but if you don't I feel like I should point out that last week's episode was double-length and featured the story of Disney's America. I'd always known that it was a thing that was being planned at some point but I think I had never realized how close it was to being built and how much resistance there was to it. It seems like it could have been an interesting idea, even if I don't entirely trust that Disney (especially Eisner-era Disney) would have been tactful about some of the more serious parts of American history.

Also the next Disney-related one they're gonna cover is Eisner's other big idea to spread Disney across the country: Disney Quest. As someone who was just a hair too late to ever have visited the Chicago rendition but loved the Florida one when I was a kid, I'm super excited to hear about all of the imagineering stuff they had in the pipes before it blew up in their face.

Defunctland is great because it assumes you aren't a doof and get's really deep into the topic in addition to not generally being the same recycled information from the other YouTube channels.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
hot take: defunctland should find someone else to do the voiceover, he sounds like he’s asleep. I tried listening to his podcast and it was even worse.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I don't mind his voice but that's probably because the bar was set way lower by the dude who narrates Lore. I got 3 minutes in and had to stop.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Dren posted:

hot take: defunctland should find someone else to do the voiceover, he sounds like he’s asleep. I tried listening to his podcast and it was even worse.

:yeah:

It's good content but the guy is just not a good narrator.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
As someone who devours a ton of infotainment type stuff on YouTube, I don't think his voice is that terrible. His editing is pretty solid and the stuff he presents is actually interesting.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Having toured the recommendations you get after watching a Defunctland video, that dude is at the loving apex compared to his competition. A couple of them are literally just reading Wikipedia in the most flat, awkward nerd tones you can imagine and it's hell.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I can't remember: are defunctland and offhand the same dude? At this point, I watch so much disney youtube that everybody but tim tracker, dfb and dis unplugged are starting to run together a little bit.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wish I had more time I’d do a channel. My problem with defunctland etc is a lot of the information is stuff other people found out, not anything new.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
That seems like a weird complaint since most videos like that are all put together from existing information. It's not as if any of these people were in the board room when park decisions were going down or at opening day of Euro Disney.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s more a personal complaint of “these are just video versions of Jim hill articles etc”. Not really a complaint more of a personal problem of me being a huge goon and knowing all of this poo poo and dieing for new information lol.

On that note I’ve been in close talks with the RetroWDW people who are just wonderful. Some real cool stuff coming soon from them also if any else of you are fans.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

couldcareless posted:

That seems like a weird complaint since most videos like that are all put together from existing information. It's not as if any of these people were in the board room when park decisions were going down or at opening day of Euro Disney.

Almost every video goes to a level of detail I never would have bothered to look and are frequently on topics I wouldn't normally be interested in. Once he brought in some folks to help with presentation and editing the quality notched up noticeably. The podcast is still sleep inducing though.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Anyone ever stay in the B Resort and Spa near Disney Springs? We love staying on Hotel Plaza Blvd. 'cause we can literally just walk over to Springs.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

This was found at Disney Springs at the Xmas Store along with some new merch, so hopefully it rolls out in the Parks app soon so I can buy it immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIMGFj-5NBo

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
It doesn't look particularly fancy. It doesn't do much. It's probably priced much higher than it should be.

But Goddrat do I want it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SomeJazzyRat posted:

It doesn't look particularly fancy. It doesn't do much. It's probably priced much higher than it should be.

But Goddrat do I want it.

Disney in a nutshell right here folks.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Nanigans posted:

Anyone ever stay in the B Resort and Spa near Disney Springs? We love staying on Hotel Plaza Blvd. 'cause we can literally just walk over to Springs.

I stayed there about this time last year. The lobby is heavily perfumed, which some people probably won't like (I thought it was fine), and the shower took some time to get hot enough for me, but other than that I had no real complaints. I didn't make use of the pool, gift shop, restraunt, or anything so I can't really give you a judgement on that, but walkable to disney springs and a tighter budget meant Earl of Sandwich for dinner each night, which was delightful. The bus waiting area has a straight-up outdoor couch, which was nice when it wasn't crowded. More comfortable than a wooden bench, although even being covered I imagine things get awkward when it rains a lot.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Just got word that J. Michael Roddy has been fired as Disney's show manager.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Funkmaster General posted:

I stayed there about this time last year. The lobby is heavily perfumed, which some people probably won't like (I thought it was fine), and the shower took some time to get hot enough for me, but other than that I had no real complaints. I didn't make use of the pool, gift shop, restraunt, or anything so I can't really give you a judgement on that, but walkable to disney springs and a tighter budget meant Earl of Sandwich for dinner each night, which was delightful. The bus waiting area has a straight-up outdoor couch, which was nice when it wasn't crowded. More comfortable than a wooden bench, although even being covered I imagine things get awkward when it rains a lot.

Nice. Yeah, we're basically using it to sleep and shower and hold our stuff. We'll be at the parks all day for F&W and at AK.

With that said, my partner gets pretty bad allergies if the place isn't really clean which can ruin the trip. I'm guessing the place didn't spring any red flags for you IRT cleanliness?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Nanigans posted:

Nice. Yeah, we're basically using it to sleep and shower and hold our stuff. We'll be at the parks all day for F&W and at AK.

With that said, my partner gets pretty bad allergies if the place isn't really clean which can ruin the trip. I'm guessing the place didn't spring any red flags for you IRT cleanliness?

It didn't, but I don't really have much allergy concern myself, so I can't speak authoritatively. I can't say I saw any messes or bugs or anything like that, but I did notice the room service only emptied the trash once I'd filled it up, rather than each day. I don't think this is a problem, but it's the only cleanliness related thing I could think of to bring up.

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Funkmaster General posted:

I stayed there about this time last year. The lobby is heavily perfumed

Is it that same bergamot orange stuff Disney seems to have an obsession with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

We're going to a Disney Trivia, so we need a team name. It's nominally focusing on the animated movies, but...whatever. The only thing that's really coming to mind is "Uncle Walt's Frozen Disembodied Head." I'm not sure there's anything better out there, but surely I'm just not thinking hard enough.