Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yawgmoth posted:

are you telling me you wouldn't make a wish on the orb

because I'd totally make a wish on that orb

The "magical moment" I'm referring to is when Krang's tweet got embedded in an infowars article so he changed his handle to ALEXJONES CHUGS PISS

Of course I'd make a wish upon the Saudi Orb. I'm not an idiot. That thing looks like it has mad wish-granting abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:orb:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Data Graham posted:

E: ^^ "MY experience is the ONLY experience"

It just never dawns on some people

There was an article a while back where a gay couple was arguing that gay marriage shouldn't be legalized because they didn't personally want to get married. It's like the opposite of "gently caress you, got mine." gently caress you, I don't want mine so neither should you.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Elon Musk, fine purveyor of Hitler memes

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1026073171638738944

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/Millie__Weaver/status/1026805202580647936

Nationalize Infowars

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

now that's a choice nug

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
A facebook acquaintance posted about Alex Jones getting the boot. There were the normal idiots arguing about free speech and censorship and slippery slopes. It was pretty civil and all though. Then someone came Kramering in to start yelling about fascists and how disgusting we all were for hating first amendment rights. My friend said something like "The First Amendment only applies to the government, not private entities" and he absolutely lost his poo poo. Saying that my friend was being smug "finding a loophole" in the first amendment and was a sicko for it. I wish I'd screenshot before my friend deleted the whole thing. Just the idea that having a very basic understanding of what the first amendment says, and what it's for (hint: it's not to force people to allow others to say whatever they want on their property).

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Has anybody noticed how most prominent tweeters will get responses about cryptocurrency, regardless of context? E.g.
I saw another example of this yesterday, don't remember where.

You'll see this poo poo about any random MLM scheme, regardless of how little it has to do with what they're replying to.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

:psyduck:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That is some serious advanced stupid.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The dude having an argument with a stock investor about it rules

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Yawgmoth posted:

are you telling me you wouldn't make a wish on the orb

because I'd totally make a wish on that orb

Do not touch the orb, friend. Resist the call of the orb.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pretty surprised that a dude who doesn't know the difference between a publicly traded company and a publicly owned company knows what the word obfuscate means

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The dude just keeps saying wrong words

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I don't know where to begin.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that's just going to start a big lovely derail

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

How much McDonalds? Two mid sized meals?

gently caress I picked up 2 big macs and a milk shake one night and it was like $15

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

What the gently caress grocery store charges that much for that? Like is Whole Foods even that expensive?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

GrandpaPants posted:

What the gently caress grocery store charges that much for that? Like is Whole Foods even that expensive?

"Sorry, forgot to mention I also accidentally dropped a $20 bill out of my pocket at the store as well."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

I could maybe see spending that much here in Canada if I was buying everything organic and out of season. Maybe.

edit: I did some digging, here's the receipt

22 dollars on grapes, what the loving christ

Arivia has a new favorite as of 20:10 on Aug 7, 2018

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Oh yes, tons of fruit, processed nuts, and a soda. Looks healthy to me!

Reminds me of the deathfat vegans who think they eat healthy because all they eat is fruit and carbs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I could get five and a half Big Macs for 32 USD. Or eat a healthy lunch at the lunch place at work for a work week and have money left over for a donut on Friday.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Arivia posted:

I could maybe see spending that much here in Canada if I was buying everything organic and out of season. Maybe.

I appreciate the poster's indignation at how much he would have hypothetically paid for his vegan meal plan once he added back in the discounts from his (likely free) membership card and still included his $1 donation to charity. Anything to let people know that I'm an ally of the poor fat people who can't afford my cornucopia of snacks.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Arivia posted:

Wait, is that the actual receipt? Because that clearly says it was 24 dollars. Not 32.

fe: what Waffle said

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl_Qyk9DSUw

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

GrandpaPants posted:

If I had to take a guess, that post was made between November and March.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I grew up a poor Mexican and am slightly less poor today. When poo poo gets lean I turn to this.

Minus 8% cause I wouldn't order it out of the Curbside I would actually go inside.

I have friends that think like that poster though. who get soda and ready made meals. They rack up hundreds of dollars on food alone.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Wait, is that the actual receipt? Because that clearly says it was 24 dollars. Not 32.

fe: what Waffle said

Yes, that is the actual receipt. I googled the tumblr and she posted it once people called out how bullshit it was. She does indeed say it was 32 without the discount card and including her donation, which are conveniently not mentioned in the original post.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Spend less on grapes.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

I would never spend that much on grapes at one time, and I love grapes. I just can't eat 2.5kg of grapes before they go bad. That's not even getting into the ludicrousness of not buying any staples or anything approaching actual meal prep ingredients.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Inco posted:

I would never spend that much on grapes at one time, and I love grapes. I just can't eat 2.5kg of grapes before they go bad. That's not even getting into the ludicrousness of not buying any staples or anything approaching actual meal prep ingredients.

Neither can I. Now, cotton candy grapes, on the other hand...:getin:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Are they eating all those grapes in one sitting? That would last me over a week. Spreading $25 on snacks over a week isn't outrageous. If they're whining about fatshaming, I'm just going to assume they're eating all that at once. And yeah, eating way more than you need IS going to be expensive.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

That's odd, when did Nestlé change their name to "Pacific Ocean"?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

IamnotJoe posted:

I grew up a poor Mexican and am slightly less poor today. When poo poo gets lean I turn to this.

Minus 8% cause I wouldn't order it out of the Curbside I would actually go inside.

I have friends that think like that poster though. who get soda and ready made meals. They rack up hundreds of dollars on food alone.

Hello fellow Austinite.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

GrandpaPants posted:

Spend less on grapes.

no

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

worked in a grocery store (not a whole foods-type zone) and some grapes were like 7 dollars a pound or like 15 dollars a bag.

grapes are dumb

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Zil posted:

Hello fellow Austinite.

Sup.

Someone I know from college posted this.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Picnic Princess posted:

Are they eating all those grapes in one sitting? That would last me over a week. Spreading $25 on snacks over a week isn't outrageous. If they're whining about fatshaming, I'm just going to assume they're eating all that at once. And yeah, eating way more than you need IS going to be expensive.
Assuming you're living in her area to buy those grapes on that sale. $2.49/lb for grapes is about what I see for a sale in the summer around here. And on a snack-for-snack basis, I could buy 10 boxes of cheez-its or bags of chips for the same price and not have to worry about them going bad in 5 days. Which is what that whole post is about (that lovely prepackaged food loaded with HFCS and saturated fat is cheaper and simpler for the working poor to reliably consume than actually healthy food), if people would stop zeroing in on specific item choices for half a second. Would it be better if one of the bags of grapes was a bag of ~6 apples? Or if the pineapple+nuts were instead 2 bell peppers? Pick any $30 in produce you like, it's not going to change the reality of the problem, which is that poor people end up fat more often because the cheap easy food is poo poo nutritionally and combined with the dearth of food/cooking education in the country, there's very little if any way for them to learn how to cut an onion, how to fry an egg, etc. and telling someone "spend this money you need to maximize on ingredients along with time you probably don't have to maybe cook a thing that will be good for you assuming you don't gently caress it up and assuming you can get the ingredients and use them before they spoil" is painfully antithetical to actually solving the problem of getting the impoverished to cook & eat better.

Y'all aren't just missing the forest for the trees, you're missing the forest for a couple of oddly placed pinecones.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh good, an uncle joke

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Yawgmoth posted:

Assuming you're living in her area to buy those grapes on that sale. $2.49/lb for grapes is about what I see for a sale in the summer around here. And on a snack-for-snack basis, I could buy 10 boxes of cheez-its or bags of chips for the same price and not have to worry about them going bad in 5 days. Which is what that whole post is about (that lovely prepackaged food loaded with HFCS and saturated fat is cheaper and simpler for the working poor to reliably consume than actually healthy food), if people would stop zeroing in on specific item choices for half a second. Would it be better if one of the bags of grapes was a bag of ~6 apples? Or if the pineapple+nuts were instead 2 bell peppers? Pick any $30 in produce you like, it's not going to change the reality of the problem, which is that poor people end up fat more often because the cheap easy food is poo poo nutritionally and combined with the dearth of food/cooking education in the country, there's very little if any way for them to learn how to cut an onion, how to fry an egg, etc. and telling someone "spend this money you need to maximize on ingredients along with time you probably don't have to maybe cook a thing that will be good for you assuming you don't gently caress it up and assuming you can get the ingredients and use them before they spoil" is painfully antithetical to actually solving the problem of getting the impoverished to cook & eat better.

Y'all aren't just missing the forest for the trees, you're missing the forest for a couple of oddly placed pinecones.

nobody at all was confused about the message, they just failed to make their point effectively because they're as bad at shopping as you are at posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
How much can an apple cost, .22 cents?