Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Looks like Cori Bush got trounced in MO-1 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Who wants to fill me in on Whitmer. I know she doesn't want to abolish ICE, just wants to move it to the Justice Dept. She wants to expand Medicaid? That's all I got.

She's actually progressive on a number of issues. She's the reason why we have the Medicaid expansion in Michigan. She's also one of the female state legislators who was censered for saying the word vagina in the chamber. When the state capital was closed in 2012 keeping people out for the right to work vote, she's the one who got the doors open again. She's pro-union and knows what's she's doing.

https://www.gretchenwhitmer.com/

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

LinYutang posted:

she has a long record of fighting for the michigan unions which is why she won

lol what the gently caress did she do for unions?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

maker posted:

YAAAAAAAAS MY GIRL GRETCH GRETCH WITH THE WIN YAAAAAAS #DRUMFDEFEAT #WOMANINCHARGE #PUSSYPOWER

don't be like this

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nonsense posted:

Trump's rally in Dallas is gonna be wild. Tonight proved his endorsement is powerful and to be spread out to as many candidates as possible, because they were testing it for OH-12

haven't his endorsements generally ended with a loss in the past?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

iSheep posted:

The Democrats have never won RED WAVE

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!

Gio posted:

lol what the gently caress did she do for unions?

whitmer was one of the leading people in the fight against right to work

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

She's actually progressive on a number of issues. She's the reason why we have the Medicaid expansion in Michigan. She's also one of the female state legislators who was censered for saying the word vagina in the chamber. When the state capital was closed in 2012 keeping people out for the right to work vote, she's the one who got the doors open again. She's pro-union and knows what's she's doing.

https://www.gretchenwhitmer.com/

nice shilling, friend

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

iSheep posted:

I think it's hit or miss.

He's totally gonna take credit for the Green Party's victory there, of course.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

whitmore more like whitless

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shageletic posted:

Who wants to fill me in on Whitmer. I know she doesn't want to abolish ICE, just wants to move it to the Justice Dept. She wants to expand Medicaid? That's all I got.

what's the AOC policy plan on abolishing ice anyway, she said something about taking their paras off the border, returning the criminal process to the DOJ where they can properly handle the cases, basically disincorporating their responsibilities so that they don't have a bunch of outlets for racist power trips

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

welp

https://twitter.com/DKElections/status/1027023974729965569

Connor doing his concession speech now

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
is this LOSER O'Conner running in November too?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

what's the AOC policy plan on abolishing ice anyway, she said something about taking their paras off the border, returning the criminal process to the DOJ where they can properly handle the cases, basically disincorporating their responsibilities so that they don't have a bunch of outlets for racist power trips

They've been around since only 2003, which you probably already know. But we have two other agencies doing the same job, without the terrorizing farmers in rural areas and children in urban ones.

e: There needs to be significant reform of the USCIS and CBP too, along with taking immigration judges from the executive to the judicial. They've ignored decades of congressional mandates to be more merciful to immigrants, and it's time to change that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

so tonight was mostly a wash -- at least Whitmer should be an improvement for Michigan

on to next week and mahlon/ing

Preston Waters posted:

yes, it'll be a rematch of tonight. the dynamics should be different as well

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

it is the answer TO everything.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

LinYutang posted:

whitmer was one of the leading people in the fight against right to work

yeah good fight that was, glad we’re not a right to work state

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Preston Waters posted:

Is there a better 12th district Dem with more name recognition that you're aware of that should run that is more competitive than him?

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

SKULL.GIF posted:

why did he discover anime or something

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!

Gio posted:

the unions appreciated it enough they didn't back Abdul who barely even mentioned them

hosed up

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Modus Pwnens posted:

Looks like Cori Bush got trounced in MO-1 too.

That one's a drat shame and I'll admit it.

Brent Welder and James Thompson both looking good in Kansas tho

And there's this

https://twitter.com/People4Bernie/status/1027022510896730114

and this

https://twitter.com/abgutman/status/1027023371119329281

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Big Beef City posted:

Is there a better 12th district Dem with more name recognition that you're aware of that should run that is more competitive than him?

yes

Joe Manchik

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

so tonight was mostly a wash -- at least Whitmer should be an improvement for Michigan

on to next week and mahlon/ing

Looking forward to getting into the local races tomorrow!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Gio posted:

glad the DeVoses were there writing checks in real time

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

Let's not otherwise people by calling them "that"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
all the effort to push abdul will be worth it if he goes on to do other things and fight for the good stuff

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

O'Connor will do worse in November, because I will not send him anymore energy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Preston Waters posted:

yes

Joe Manchik

wow gosh I never saw that coming, pretty great

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SKULL.GIF posted:

Everything I can find about Whitmer indicates that she's a standard left-of-center liberal who loooves her some health insurance

She's not as bad as Carper or anything like that, but I don't know how she'll fare against Schuette. I do expect her to pick up a large majority of women's votes in November, though.

she supports $15/hr

although oddly it isn't listed on her website :thunk:

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Calibanibal posted:

O'Connor will do worse in November, because I will not send him anymore energy

Joe Manchik; however, will be receiving donations of my precious bodily fluids

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So yeah O'Connor will win in November if the republican came this close to losing in a special.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Big Beef City posted:

wow gosh I never saw that coming, pretty great

u seem pretty mad that your bad dem got cucked and is a beta orbiter

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Nonsense posted:

Trump's rally in Dallas is gonna be wild. Tonight proved his endorsement is powerful and to be spread out to as many candidates as possible, because they were testing it for OH-12

most analysis shows that trump's counties did pretty bad for whatever his name is and kasich's support is what brought out the traditional gop base

not that it matters to trump, of course, he wouldve claimed victory no matter what happened

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wrong thread

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

LinYutang posted:

the unions appreciated it enough they didn't back Abdul who barely even mentioned them

hosed up
gretchen barely did, too, but yeah i’ve said for awhile now—earlier today itt—him not putting right-to-bargain legislation as a centerpiece was a mistake. him supporting that, however, is a hell of a lot more than whitmer, who only mentions repealing right-to-work in her policy brief.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
bunch of hosed up poo poo as is the custom but right to work here in missouri got mega loving owned and bob "michael brown had it coming" mccullogh is getting owned too so idk

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

WA results incoming. Gonna go to sleep, it'll be interesting I think.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Preston Waters posted:

yes

Joe Manchik

lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Preston Waters posted:

u seem pretty mad that your bad dem got cucked and is a beta orbiter

yea I'm extremely irate I'm sorry that I let my temper really run away from there after saying I thought it was closer than I thought it'd be, and totally not at all at your extreme-edge green party joke which is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1027026526871740417

:smugdon:

• Locked thread