Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yinlock posted:

does anyone besides trudeau even want this dumb pipeline, it seems insanely impractical and expensive so i suspect it's a bridge-to-nowhere style grift

Alberta still exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

and Alberta will reward his efforts by electing a United Conservative majority provincial government and 34 Conservative MPs next year, lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

McGavin posted:

Alberta still exists.

prove it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

THC posted:

and Alberta will reward his efforts by electing a United Conservative majority provincial government and 34 Conservative MPs next year, lmao

though this is more because they're furious at the ndp for spending money on schools and roads instead of hoarding it all like a dragon

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i love to enrage some of my most loyal supporters in a bid for people who will never ever vote for me. the finest minds in politics have assured me this is a great strategy. it's fine because my opposition has begun to promote unvarnished fascism and people would never vote for fascism. and my loyal base will definitely still turn out to vote for a lying turncoat lib they despise

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

THC posted:

i love to enrage some of my most loyal supporters in a bid for people who will never ever vote for me. the finest minds in politics have assured me this is a great strategy. it's fine because my opposition has begun to promote unvarnished fascism and people would never vote for fascism

[1 year later]

*watching Doug Ford assume the seat of prime minister* how on earth did this happen, it must be the ndp's fault

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Yinlock posted:

prove it

Hey man, it's real - I was just there visiting family. My cousin wouldn't shut up about how great Putin is, and kept complaining about women and "colored people" being in the military.

Last time I was there he and his dad beat his gay brother half to death around the campfire.

Alberta is thriving.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Robot Style posted:

Hey man, it's real - I was just there visiting family. My cousin wouldn't shut up about how great Putin is, and kept complaining about women and "colored people" being in the military.

Last time I was there he and his dad beat his gay brother half to death around the campfire.

Alberta is thriving.

it sounds like you shouldn't go there any more

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Robot Style posted:

Alberta is thriving.

that got dark real fast.

Was also just there, it's amazing how quick that stuff gets a hold of people. My mom just moved to Edmonton, shes pretty left leaning. However, shes already switched positions on KM, saying that if it goes though it will be very good for the value of the house she just bought.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I’m from Alberta. I like it. That loving pipeline is loving bullshit and another in an unending series of dumbass environment loving projects.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

that got dark real fast.

Was also just there, it's amazing how quick that stuff gets a hold of people. My mom just moved to Edmonton, shes pretty left leaning. However, shes already switched positions on KM, saying that if it goes though it will be very good for the value of the house she just bought.

pretty sure that makes her a centrist

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
we're all centrists now

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arivia posted:

we're all centrists now

not really

here's an easy way to check: if you still think the poor should live, even when that belief slightly inconveniences you, then you're not a centrist

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Yinlock posted:

not really

here's an easy way to check: if you still think the poor should live, even when that belief slightly inconveniences you, then you're not a centrist

:thejoke:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

gently caress

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Arivia posted:

we're all centrists now

how do we find truth in the middle if we all are there already

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Arivia posted:

we're all centrists now

I'm middle class #sorrynotsorry

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Dreylad posted:

the way things have been going in politics I'm looking forward to Toronto's 66th mayor, Faith Goldy

She probably won't stop trying until she's the 88th.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Virtual Russian posted:

that got dark real fast.

Everybody supports government intervention that benefits them

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

I'm middle class #sorrynotsorry

yeah well im working hard to join the middle class ama

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Abolish private property and then you dont need to worry about land value, so simple!

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DariusLikewise posted:

i wish this was a video with the curb your enthusiasm music

https://twitter.com/VimtoBaba/status/1026598733373427712

wishes can come true~~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUCa1GPhio0

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol this fuckin oval office

https://twitter.com/macleodlisa/status/1027126584556310529?s=21
https://twitter.com/blogTO/status/1027184547673268226

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
But my 40th-floor condo isn't underwater so everything is fine, what are you complaining about?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

who could have imagined that ignoring infrastructure for decades would lead a city to be ill-equipped to deal with heavy rains

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's fine, Mayor-King-Premier Ford will Privatize and sell the infrastructure to balance the budget and then it will be somebody else's problem.

Hopefully Kenney promises a buck a beer too so i can at least drink myself to death when he wins. :smith:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
wonder how long it will take bombardier to fix that flooded streetcar

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

vyelkin posted:

It's already fixed.

They've reclassified it as an art installation

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

braver than the troops, thank u

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

vyelkin posted:

Define "fix". I mean, it probably wasn't built properly in the first place.

OTOH, the poor bastards that were trapped inside until they had to swim out managed not to get cooked like a hotdog, so at least the electrical held up

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Powershift posted:

It's fine, Mayor-King-Premier Ford will Privatize and sell the infrastructure to balance the budget and then it will be somebody else's problem.

Hopefully Kenney promises a buck a beer too so i can at least drink myself to death when he wins. :smith:

im deluding myself into thinking that kenney wont win, makes it a lot easier to stomach until it happens and I spiral into depression from living in calgary

edit: albertans have done some pretty amazing deluding themselves into thinking how amazing the conservative reign here was

drjuggalo has issued a correction as of 23:13 on Aug 8, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

drjuggalo posted:

edit: albertans have done some pretty amazing deluding themselves into thinking how amazing the conservative reign here was

didn't they vote in the ndp in the first place because alberta was such an unlivable shithole after decades of conservative grifting

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yinlock posted:

didn't they vote in the ndp in the first place because alberta was such an unlivable shithole after decades of conservative grifting

yeah, but it is still an unlivable shithole where people suggest taxes to fix it

you can see their dilemma

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
cant wait to go protest queens park when no brewers offer buck a beer

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ocrumsprug posted:

yeah, but it is still an unlivable shithole where people suggest taxes to fix it

you can see their dilemma

maybe all the oil will magically come back if they vote for the conservatives really hard this time

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Yinlock posted:

maybe all the oil will magically come back if they vote for the conservatives really hard this time

the sad part is tons of albertans truly believe this, all those friaser institutes did an amazing job the past 5 years convincing alberta that the tar sands are clean and great and that the rest of canada doesnt work even a quarter as hard as alberta

so now everyone is mad at the idea of taxation and putting money into the province, something the filthy NDP and their stupid WOMAN leader keep trying to push on the already perfect province that wont ever see another price crash on oil

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i love all the loving ontarian resistance accounts on Twitter applauding beer companies who refuse to cut prices because they claim it would impact product quality (bullshit)

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

THC posted:

i love all the loving ontarian resistance accounts on Twitter applauding beer companies who refuse to cut prices because they claim it would impact product quality (bullshit)

What's wrong with beer that doesn't taste like lightly flavored tap water?

edit: so far I've only about from local (Ottawa) brewers

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How exactly did Doug Ford manage to convince people, that have a theoretical knowledge of capitalism, that $1 beer was something he could deliver?

It was “efficiencies” wasn’t it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ocrumsprug posted:

How exactly did Doug Ford manage to convince people, that have a theoretical knowledge of capitalism, that $1 beer was something he could deliver?

It was “efficiencies” wasn’t it?

he didnt convince them of anything

libs had a long run and were scandal-plagued

and we cant ever vote ndp because BOB RAE and plus i bet they want even MORE WINDMILLS