Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
a lotta folks also either cant or are too lazy to cook, and food is expensive

e: a dreadful snipe

https://twitter.com/kpconservative/status/1026614811013074945

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

IamnotJoe posted:

I grew up a poor Mexican and am slightly less poor today. When poo poo gets lean I turn to this.

Minus 8% cause I wouldn't order it out of the Curbside I would actually go inside.

I have friends that think like that poster though. who get soda and ready made meals. They rack up hundreds of dollars on food alone.

2 bucks a pound for beans? I've always heard good things about HEB, but that's like twice as much as I pay in Baltimore for dry beans.

Edit: Is it a demand thing?

gleebster has a new favorite as of 21:51 on Aug 7, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

sneakyfrog posted:

a lotta folks also either cant or are too lazy to cook, and food is expensive

e: a dreadful snipe

https://twitter.com/kpconservative/status/1026614811013074945

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

gleebster posted:

2 bucks a pound for beans? I've always heard good things about HEB, but that's like twice as much as I pay in Baltimore for dry beans.

Depends on where you are in town. In predominantly Hispanic neighborhoods its pretty cheap. I prefer the south Austin stores cause they are cheaper and have more Mexican products. Although everyone should carry Pan Dulce.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

gleebster posted:

32 oz is 2 pounds. That appears to be 2x32 oz bags @ $2.10 ea.

HEB owns and is probably the only thing I'm going to miss when I leave Texas.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Estranged parents' forums are probably of interest to no one but me, so I avoid posting things from them here, but this is . . . not really stupid, but sad. Like once when I worked at a law office and got a call from a woman who needed a lawyer because she said her ex-husband was using the television to watch her at home.

Post 1:

quote:

During a brief stay with one aunt, she stole medication, a medical record file, mail, and wrongfully accessed my computer. After I refused her access to prescription drugs, she became nasty. Her child mind didn’t realize her gossip would find its way back to me. The file she based her gossip, were medical records containing errors and were pending amendment.

A hospital admission resulted in a misdiagnosis and the medication caused serious side effects. Soon after, the diagnosis was ruled-out, but those records were not in my possession for her to steal. Another record contained a transcription error where a term inserted when none was needed. There is a huge difference between talking to yourself and having an auditory hallucination. The provider amended the record and wrote a letter of apology. Again, that information was not available for his aunt to steal.

After experiencing a trauma, I was lonely as a result of isolating myself. During period of stress, racing thoughts due to ADHD are magnified. I was told that talking to myself could help keep my thoughts straight. I had eavesdropping neighbors that couldn’t tell the difference between me talking to myself or to someone on the phone (Bragi headphones). I moved away and during times of stress, began using meditation to slow down the thoughts, lol!

The eavesdropping neighbors and landlord won’t admit to their crime, and my son’s aunt won’t admit to hers. And his other aunts choose to be an accessory of both crimes. My son’s relationship with his mother, his well being, and his entire future is jeopardized to protect a drug-addicted thief.

My Dear friend has many, many relatives and connections in the business industry and local, state and federal government. He is sickened at their behavior and advising me along the way.

Post 2:

quote:

* The neighbors used amplification devices for eavesdropping. The landlord who sanctioned the intrusive behavior was in communication with my son and his aunt. They added 1 + 1 and got a sum of 5. All behind my back of course. Yes, it all got back to me. I enjoyed contentment knowing they were all idiots duped by another drug addicted sibling. Now their crimes effect my son.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Yawgmoth posted:

Assuming you're living in her area to buy those grapes on that sale. $2.49/lb for grapes is about what I see for a sale in the summer around here. And on a snack-for-snack basis, I could buy 10 boxes of cheez-its or bags of chips for the same price and not have to worry about them going bad in 5 days. Which is what that whole post is about (that lovely prepackaged food loaded with HFCS and saturated fat is cheaper and simpler for the working poor to reliably consume than actually healthy food), if people would stop zeroing in on specific item choices for half a second. Would it be better if one of the bags of grapes was a bag of ~6 apples? Or if the pineapple+nuts were instead 2 bell peppers? Pick any $30 in produce you like, it's not going to change the reality of the problem, which is that poor people end up fat more often because the cheap easy food is poo poo nutritionally and combined with the dearth of food/cooking education in the country, there's very little if any way for them to learn how to cut an onion, how to fry an egg, etc. and telling someone "spend this money you need to maximize on ingredients along with time you probably don't have to maybe cook a thing that will be good for you assuming you don't gently caress it up and assuming you can get the ingredients and use them before they spoil" is painfully antithetical to actually solving the problem of getting the impoverished to cook & eat better.

Y'all aren't just missing the forest for the trees, you're missing the forest for a couple of oddly placed pinecones.

Not empty quoting

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Volcott posted:

How much can an apple cost, .22 cents?

How is your job at Verizon going, anyway?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

ReidRansom posted:

32 oz is 2 pounds. That appears to be 2x32 oz bags @ $2.10 ea.

HEB owns and is probably the only thing I'm going to miss when I leave Texas.

Oh, ah. I didn't notice that 2 bags were being bought. This will not be the first time I've made an rear end of myself in public. Nor the last.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

I laughed at the wordplay there. Am I a chud? :(

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Solar Tornado posted:

nah you cool pal

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Solar Tornado posted:

In fairness, it at least tries to be a joke by having a setup and punchlines. Puts it in the top 5% of right wing humor from that alone.

I can almost guarantee its recycled from something older though, with the kneeling bit being added on. It’s similar to an old hockey joke I remember, which makes sense as hockey at least uses periods which football doesn’t.

EL BROMANCE has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Aug 7, 2018

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Yawgmoth posted:

Assuming you're living in her area to buy those grapes on that sale. $2.49/lb for grapes is about what I see for a sale in the summer around here. And on a snack-for-snack basis, I could buy 10 boxes of cheez-its or bags of chips for the same price and not have to worry about them going bad in 5 days. Which is what that whole post is about (that lovely prepackaged food loaded with HFCS and saturated fat is cheaper and simpler for the working poor to reliably consume than actually healthy food), if people would stop zeroing in on specific item choices for half a second. Would it be better if one of the bags of grapes was a bag of ~6 apples? Or if the pineapple+nuts were instead 2 bell peppers? Pick any $30 in produce you like, it's not going to change the reality of the problem, which is that poor people end up fat more often because the cheap easy food is poo poo nutritionally and combined with the dearth of food/cooking education in the country, there's very little if any way for them to learn how to cut an onion, how to fry an egg, etc. and telling someone "spend this money you need to maximize on ingredients along with time you probably don't have to maybe cook a thing that will be good for you assuming you don't gently caress it up and assuming you can get the ingredients and use them before they spoil" is painfully antithetical to actually solving the problem of getting the impoverished to cook & eat better.

Y'all aren't just missing the forest for the trees, you're missing the forest for a couple of oddly placed pinecones.

spoilage can be a huge issue depending on where you live. I can buy a bag of potatoes, for example. Go right down to costco and start digging through their huge box of potatoes. Half the bags there will already be rotting, any clean ones I buy will be rotting before the week is out. This is a huge problem with any produce I get in this state. Any fruit or vegetables? Well good loving luck planning ahead because everything has a depressingly short shelf life here and competition to get poo poo from a store that isn't already fuzzy is pretty stiff. I just don't have the time to stop in at the grocery store every day or two to pick up poo poo to cook the next day or two, and if I try to plan ahead and buy ingredients for a week's worth of meals by the time that day rolls a round I have to carve the mold out.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Weatherman posted:

How is your job at Verizon going, anyway?

I understood this reference.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/muhmentions/status/1026921569854074882

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its uh the lawcop

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I don't know where to begin.

Birb I hate to do this to you, but you can begin with: this is literally the inverse of anti-poor memes that insist that the indicated foods are not only cheaper than fast food but all you need to survive.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

mods please change my name to cum assad 69, this name is too powerful to reside on Twitter alone

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

That hurt

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Everybody PULL UP on discussing what people of any economic status "should" eat. Please!

https://mobile.twitter.com/JillPantozzi/status/1026945409200140288

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

AlbieQuirky posted:

Everybody PULL UP on discussing what people of any economic status "should" eat. Please!

https://mobile.twitter.com/JillPantozzi/status/1026945409200140288

I too am upset the white male Batman has ceased to exist forever in all forms of media. I also am unaware that Batman and batwoman are two completely different characters that have existed in conjunction with each other for over a decade.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

sneakyfrog posted:

its uh the lawcop

no its rich lather

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

trickybiscuits posted:

Estranged parents' forums are probably of interest to no one but me
I'm assuming you've seen this? http://www.issendai.com/psychology/estrangement/

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Besesoth posted:

Birb I hate to do this to you, but you can begin with: this is literally the inverse of anti-poor memes that insist that the indicated foods are not only cheaper than fast food but all you need to survive.

I wanna go where the cases of beer at $10

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
California?

(I bought beer today)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

To whomever Peed on My Wife...
...you whipped your dick out on the eastern side of Columbus, on the sidewalk just before the stairs leading down to the south stage at about 8:15pm on this breezy Saturday, just as people who were getting onto place to enjoy the Weeknd (who has never peed on anyone, as far as I know) was about to go on. Your urine splashed on my wife's calves and ran down the back of her heels. (She says this is an exagerration...but even if it was exactly true, I'm pretty sure you don't care.)

First of all, she's fine. Thank you for your concern. She was grossed out, but handled it like a big girl, probably because she is a grown woman. Later, she joked about having to watch young girls get felt up as being slightly more troubling. I told her that we should make out in front of them just to even the score. Now I realize that I was wrong. You should have to watch us--a middle aged "wtf are these two doing here?"-type couple make out. Since I know you are eager to repent for your sins, just let us know where you are staying so we can get the punishilment that we've agreed on over and done with.

Second, I want you to know that if my wife hadn't been so quick to forgive and forget, I would have followed you and found the police, so you could explain to them why you did that. You disgusted a lot of people, and you were about 20 feet away from the urinals while you did so. Next time, have the decency to piss your pants, like a real man.

Lastly, please learn how to handle your poo poo. I don't care how much you drank or how hosed up you were on whatever substances. You need to learn how to be responsible because what you did was not the responsible thing. As a guy, you have a huge advantage in when and where to relieve yourself...and you squandered it by using the sidewalk, and my wife, as your urinal. I've never seen a girl do that...and they are at a disadvantage when it comes to going number one, as well as often having to wait much longer than you and I do to do so, which makes it even more inconvenient. When it's an absolute emegency, many of them turn into pee ninjas, finding the most discrete areas in a very public place to solve this problem. Maybe you should learn how to be less of a disgusting human being so one of them will feel safe enough to teach you how to go somewhere discreet and private when a pee emergency strikes.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Yes, because not spreading known falsehoods from a conman is a violation of the 1st Amendment.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

To whomever Peed on My Wife...
...you whipped your dick out on the eastern side of Columbus, on the sidewalk just before the stairs leading down to the south stage at about 8:15pm on this breezy Saturday, just as people who were getting onto place to enjoy the Weeknd (who has never peed on anyone, as far as I know) was about to go on. Your urine splashed on my wife's calves and ran down the back of her heels. (She says this is an exagerration...but even if it was exactly true, I'm pretty sure you don't care.)

First of all, she's fine. Thank you for your concern. She was grossed out, but handled it like a big girl, probably because she is a grown woman. Later, she joked about having to watch young girls get felt up as being slightly more troubling. I told her that we should make out in front of them just to even the score. Now I realize that I was wrong. You should have to watch us--a middle aged "wtf are these two doing here?"-type couple make out. Since I know you are eager to repent for your sins, just let us know where you are staying so we can get the punishilment that we've agreed on over and done with.

Second, I want you to know that if my wife hadn't been so quick to forgive and forget, I would have followed you and found the police, so you could explain to them why you did that. You disgusted a lot of people, and you were about 20 feet away from the urinals while you did so. Next time, have the decency to piss your pants, like a real man.

Lastly, please learn how to handle your poo poo. I don't care how much you drank or how hosed up you were on whatever substances. You need to learn how to be responsible because what you did was not the responsible thing. As a guy, you have a huge advantage in when and where to relieve yourself...and you squandered it by using the sidewalk, and my wife, as your urinal. I've never seen a girl do that...and they are at a disadvantage when it comes to going number one, as well as often having to wait much longer than you and I do to do so, which makes it even more inconvenient. When it's an absolute emegency, many of them turn into pee ninjas, finding the most discrete areas in a very public place to solve this problem. Maybe you should learn how to be less of a disgusting human being so one of them will feel safe enough to teach you how to go somewhere discreet and private when a pee emergency strikes.

Idiots on Social Media: Piss your pants like a real man

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Tab8715 posted:

Yes, because not spreading known falsehoods from a conman is a violation of the 1st Amendment.

If you read number two super sarcastically the whole thing comes together.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

JGdmn posted:

If you read number two super sarcastically the whole thing comes together.

Number 2 is the door Twitter took.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

If you change 'racist' to 'homophobic', you have the entirety of the Australian marriage equality "debate".

"Waah, I don't want to be a bigot, you're forcing me!" is everywhere in right wing circles once you look.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 06:31 on Aug 8, 2018

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

JT Smiley posted:

I too am upset the white male Batman has ceased to exist forever in all forms of media. I also am unaware that Batman and batwoman are two completely different characters that have existed in conjunction with each other for over a decade.

Or that Batwoman has been a lesbian for over a decade in the comics.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Araenna posted:

Or that Batwoman has been a lesbian for over a decade in the comics.

Yeah but it's in a comic book so it's for me to use as jack off material while i pair her with other lady superheros

In the real world lesbians aren't for me so it's scary.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Billionaires should be allowed to eat only caviar mixed with foie gras and wrapped in gold.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Tiggum posted:

Billionaires should be allowed to eat only caviar mixed with foie gras and wrapped in gold.

Come on there's probably a diet that could kill them faster than this.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
How about Prince Georging it? Feed them so many almond pastries they die of arsenic poisoning.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Tiggum posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

BioEnchanted posted:

How about Prince Georging it? Feed them so many almond pastries they die of arsenic poisoning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Frederick%2C_King_of_Sweden posted:

Adolf Frederick died in Stockholm on 12 February 1771 after having consumed a meal consisting of lobster, caviar, sauerkraut, kippers and champagne, which was topped off with 14 servings of his favourite dessert: semla served in a bowl of hot milk