Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

Badcast won’t come to LVO because they’re terrified about getting buried alive by my unstoppable 30k list. Consider this a callout.

can I see a picture of this army or some of it, not trying to blow up your strats, just wanna see some mans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Huh; I bought Simple Green as I'd heard so much about it, and after 2-3 days soaking, this Marine isn't showing a single sign of dropping this Primer. Uhhhh, what's my recourse if apparently I've found the paint equivalent of the stuff they make Black Boxes from?

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Primer tends to be more resilient than acrylic paint. Try LA's Totally Awesome from Dollar Tree stores or some isopropyl alcohol.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Shockeh posted:

Huh; I bought Simple Green as I'd heard so much about it, and after 2-3 days soaking, this Marine isn't showing a single sign of dropping this Primer. Uhhhh, what's my recourse if apparently I've found the paint equivalent of the stuff they make Black Boxes from?
I swear by the purple Super Clean degreaser; I've bought it by the gallon and have found it able to dissolve both acrylic and enamel after a few days of soaking (and without harming plastic ofc).

For the present, does scrubbing loosen any of it?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Shockeh posted:

Are they plastic? If they're plastic, the primer is may bonded to the plastic. It's not impossible to remove but there's a balance between getting all the primer off versus risk of a pile of goo. If you really hate the primer, consider prime over primer maybe?

If it's metal, yeah, go harsher, it'll be fine.

If it's resin, for god's sake stop while you're still somehow ahead.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

can I see a picture of this army or some of it, not trying to blow up your strats, just wanna see some mans

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mango sentinel posted:

Carnifex is a plastic kit with a retail box though?

Yea, but its currently direct only. So probably getting redone to shrink the sprews.

Any kit from before they did the big investment into the plastics is going to be a really inefficient use of space on the spew. Its not like they haven't done it before. It's just a guess. Like I figure that a lot of kits currently in finecast are going to get plastics, so they didn't include photos of the models, just artwork of them in the codexs. If you look at the chaos marine codex, there are no photos of Obilits or Mutes. As i said just a theory, but right now the Eldar range is the most lacking of all of them. Necrons have more kits in regular stock right now I think.

There's other kits that could use some updating too. Regular guard squads could use more special weapons for example.

If I wanted to make an army that is all primaris marines, whats the recomended ranged AT? Just rely on the Hellbasters and Redeptor for plasma death?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I don't think they've recut a sprue for almost a decade.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

This.

Literally just a box issue. My 3x necron destroyer was also just 3 individual Citadal white boxes.

They don't have modern/any boxes for those plastic kits right now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MasterSlowPoke posted:

When did the recut all the marine ones to add the grav weapons?

I mean honestly, I'd rather then just make a new guard and CSM set among others. A long term goal of mine is to replace all my Iron Warriors with Mk3 and 4 marines with some chaos bits. The Death Guard and 1k sons marines are all clearly based on hersey era armors, and it makes sense for Legion warbands to be in those armors for the most part.

I am hoping this quick pace of codex release is so they can get them all out before releasing tons of new models.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheBigAristotle posted:

The best part is that Panascope's army is basically training wheels for 30k, yet still unconquerable for poorly-shaded black hovertanks

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Maneck posted:

Are they plastic? If they're plastic, the primer is may bonded to the plastic. It's not impossible to remove but there's a balance between getting all the primer off versus risk of a pile of goo. If you really hate the primer, consider prime over primer maybe?

If it's metal, yeah, go harsher, it'll be fine.

If it's resin, for god's sake stop while you're still somehow ahead.

They're plastic (DI Primaris) but this stuff is incredible; I can scratch it with a nail, but Simple Green has done nothing to lift it. Just considering doing Deathwatch in White/Gold instead of the Black/Silver.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Deified Data posted:

Not sure what your first opponent was going for in that list - did they seem new?

He's from one of the very casual clubs we have in the area. They're nice dudes but not very competitive players.

Re: Direct Only, it has nothing to do with boxes or recutting kits or releasing in plastic or whatever. GW maintains a listing of what items it thinks its retail stores should sell, which is basically current new releases + "core" boxes (Start Collecting! and the starter sets), and then somewhere around the top 500 items by sales. This is what you should be able to walk into a GW store and buy today, and is what trade accounts can order from at wholesale prices. The rest of the range is Direct Only - you can order it into a GW store (hence the terminals) or online, and I think trade accounts can order it at a much reduced discount and cash up front instead of on credit, but basically the point is that they don't want to stock tons of stuff they rarely sell. This does rather beg the question, since Direct Only stuff is both more expensive than other stuff and harder to get hold of, but that's how it works.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Kore_Fero posted:

Does anyone know the source of the terrain that was in the WD AT battle report? I need model trains in my expensive robot battles.

That's some of the new terrain coming from Forgeworld. Some previews have already been shown.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

twistedmentat posted:

When did the recut all the marine ones to add the grav weapons?

They didn't. The whole kit was redone from scratch.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Kore_Fero posted:

Does anyone know the source of the terrain that was in the WD AT battle report? I need model trains in my expensive robot battles.

Thundercloud posted:

That's some of the new terrain coming from Forgeworld. Some previews have already been shown.

The showed some AT realm of battle tiles & the train at the last FW open day. Also, tiny munitorum armoured containers!

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
drat, Deathwatch bikers are oop?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Might be rubbish, but I did see a rumour not long ago that the Wolves release next month comes with new Primaris jetbikes all marines can use.

Who's the dude in this thread that drinks with the Nottingham studio staff? Maybe he can confirm or deny.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Aren't they just regular bikers plus a deathwatch upgrade sprue?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

xtothez posted:

Might be rubbish, but I did see a rumour not long ago that the Wolves release next month comes with new Primaris jetbikes all marines can use.

The Primaris bikes/jetbikes rumor was bogus

bonds0097 posted:

Aren't they just regular bikers plus a deathwatch upgrade sprue?

Yes

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 8, 2018

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Shockeh posted:

It definitely won't just slide off - you have to use a toothbrush with any of the paint stripper things. I use a sonic cleaner machine I found on Amazon for $30 and it works wonders. I put simple green in, a few minis, and turn it on. 600 seconds or something. I do that a bunch of times over a few days and it usually gets the paint off.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Depending on electromechanical skills you can jumper them to run continuously. I then have mine plugged into a timed switch so I can run it for 1-2 hours.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

darnon posted:

Depending on electromechanical skills you can jumper them to run continuously. I then have mine plugged into a timed switch so I can run it for 1-2 hours.

lol, mine actually blew up because I think I got some water in the electric parts

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Corrode posted:

He's from one of the very casual clubs we have in the area. They're nice dudes but not very competitive players.

Re: Direct Only, it has nothing to do with boxes or recutting kits or releasing in plastic or whatever. GW maintains a listing of what items it thinks its retail stores should sell, which is basically current new releases + "core" boxes (Start Collecting! and the starter sets), and then somewhere around the top 500 items by sales. This is what you should be able to walk into a GW store and buy today, and is what trade accounts can order from at wholesale prices. The rest of the range is Direct Only - you can order it into a GW store (hence the terminals) or online, and I think trade accounts can order it at a much reduced discount and cash up front instead of on credit, but basically the point is that they don't want to stock tons of stuff they rarely sell. This does rather beg the question, since Direct Only stuff is both more expensive than other stuff and harder to get hold of, but that's how it works.

This seems wrong, carnifexes and necron destroyers are really good and constantly sold out and come in the white boxes. They are clearly popular.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Sorry to explain; I've stripped off metals in the UK (Think it was Dettol) and it merrily ate through it and become obviously mushy so I could toothbrush it off. This stuff, which looks to be car primer? 4 days now in Simple Green, and aside from being wet, it's like it was never in there.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Shockeh posted:

Sorry to explain; I've stripped off metals in the UK (Think it was Dettol) and it merrily ate through it and become obviously mushy so I could toothbrush it off. This stuff, which looks to be car primer? 4 days now in Simple Green, and aside from being wet, it's like it was never in there.

I've been using Scale 75 Paint Killer, and wire brush attachment on my dremel to get that kind of primer off. Seems to work well enough, just don't let the models soak or they'll melt.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Who's a good boy?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

panascope posted:

Badcast won’t come to LVO because they’re terrified about getting buried alive by my unstoppable 30k list. Consider this a callout.

nah it's because I don't want Busch to end up all over my minis like that dude who spilled vodka diet Pepsi on my Ultras at Adepticon

my brain is also too smooth to play The Perfect Game: A Template For Success again

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I just leave the jar on my Cold War era washing machine. It's probably not as effective, but it's free.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

SRM posted:

vodka diet Pepsi

What the hell.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

xtothez posted:

Who's the dude in this thread that drinks with the Nottingham studio staff? Maybe he can confirm or deny.

I ain't heard poo poo about anything like that. I seriously doubt it. Sounds more like wishlisting to me

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Shockeh posted:

Yeah with plastics you gotta brush and stuff - its just not gonna come off without some work

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Every single Primaris jetbike rumor is because we all look at what they've got so far and say "Hmm, jetbikes would fit in here really well."

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Injuryprone posted:

What the hell.

Dude had a large bottle of each and a novelty travel mug with some Space Marine Legion's logo on it. He would fill it up with 1:1 of both throughout the course of the day.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

General Olloth posted:

This seems wrong, carnifexes and necron destroyers are really good and constantly sold out and come in the white boxes. They are clearly popular.

But both of those things are from ranges which aren't particularly popular themselves. Carnifexes might be cool and good for Nids but are they more popular than the entire Primaris range, or Ad Mech (big seller), or anything in AoS, etc. etc.?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

SRM posted:

nah it's because I don't want Busch to end up all over my minis like that dude who spilled vodka diet Pepsi on my Ultras at Adepticon

What the gently caress? Did he compensate you?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Shockeh posted:

Try these: https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Cl...Clean+Brush+Set

I think someone here recommended them a few months ago.

Muninn
Dec 29, 2008
I'm putting together a Deathwatch kill team for the eponymous game, and have no idea whether a combi-plasma or combi-melta is preferable. Thoughts?

Relatedly, I notice that the combi-plasma seems to be the only plasma weapon in the KT manual that outright says remove the model from the game on an unmodified roll of 1; everyone else gets the mortal wound and the opportunity for an injury roll.

Muninn fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 8, 2018

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Muninn posted:

I'm putting together a Death Watch kill team for the eponymous game, and have no idea whether a combi-plasma or combi-melta is preferable. Thoughts?

Relatedly, I notice that the combi-plasma seems to be the only plasma weapon in the KT manual that outright says remove the model from the game on an unmodified roll of 1; everyone else gets the mortal wound and the opportunity for an injury roll.

I would prefer plasma purely based on the range.

Not sure where you're getting the second thing from. All the plasma weapons in the game say the same thing, bearer is taken out of action after shots are resolved. Where do you see otherwise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
The unmodified bit helps. And there's a fair nunber of opportunities for rerolls even if you do botch it.

Aldo, if you're in the US eBay is doing a sitewide 15% off thing again.