Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Viridiant posted:

Angolmois' op is my favorite of the season so far, though I've only watched it and Chio's School Road.

Any other good openings this season?

prob grand blue for how much i love tropical music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
hataraku saiboooooooooou, saaikoooooou

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 8, 2018

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Watched the first episode of Grand Blue. I feel the comedic timing doesn't quite work for me. I think I'll stick to reading.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1027042233646809088
Neat!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqu4D8P_oLQ

CV: Aoi Yuuki

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
moe is ruining my arachnophobia

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The little Battle Win/level up screen was cute

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
carapacefang

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Finally started Overlord 3. Man, the structure of this first episode is all over the loving place. At least we're back at Nazarick.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
she barely looks like a spider

i know it's based off jumping spiders but real jumping spiders are freaking adorable

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
spider fact spiders have slow metabolisms, they can tolerate long instances without food, because as predators food supply can often become unpredictable

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Goddamn that is some ugly cgi. How did they gently caress up a design that simple?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 8, 2018

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
all the cgi i see looks fine and dandy besides the big blue and red lizard thing looks kind of cheesy. part of that is that he's an entirely red and blue giant lizard.

cute!

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Viridiant posted:

Angolmois' op is my favorite of the season so far, though I've only watched it and Chio's School Road.

Any other good openings this season?

my favorite op this season is asobi asobase's, personally

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
thank you

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If anime causes drug rates to decrease it should get a nobel

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/kuroki_bo/status/1020925242854682624

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I want a hat that says `KILL`

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Space Flower posted:

all the cgi i see looks fine and dandy besides the big blue and red lizard thing looks kind of cheesy. part of that is that he's an entirely red and blue giant lizard.

cute!

The eyes are weird, to me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That earth dragon looks hilariously bad and completely different from the LN/manga art. I wonder if the studio had the model laying around from something else.

Also it's weird to hear Hibiki running around eating monsters raw.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-08-08/yarichin-bitch-bu-boys-love-ova-2nd-promo-video-streamed/.135234

DO NOT watch this PV at work !!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

Also it's weird to hear Hibiki running around eating monsters raw.

She would, though.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

genericnick posted:

Watched the first episode of Grand Blue. I feel the comedic timing doesn't quite work for me. I think I'll stick to reading.

Yea, I love the comic but the whole run of the anime has felt off

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
the spider having ears is the part that bothers me the most

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
they're antennae. spiders have antennae. making them earlike is an anthropomorphic decision that gives the spider girl a human-like range of expression, same reason she has a face.

how can people who watch anime have this thick a skull about this poo poo, excluding the obvious answer that idol fans have emptied their brains of everything else

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Spiders don't have antennae.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
gently caress!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i looked it up and wolf spiders have hairs that can stand up on their head and some of them have earlike tufts of hair

so its like this

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I feel like the manga version with just the fairly simplistic face with pupil-less eyes looks much better than this fanged moominhead they made for this but whatevs

Mighty Dicktron posted:

lol

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I want an AnimeIndustryLeaks so we can learn how much money is actually saved taking the 3DCG route.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

none, they're just idiots

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Mighty Dicktron posted:

lol

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Yea, I love the comic but the whole run of the anime has felt off

it's a real shame because the director previously did Daily Lives of High School Boys which has exactly the kind of (perfect) comedic timing that the Grand Blue manga has, but for some reason he hasn't done it with the animated version

the vast majority of the animation also doesn't have the other thing that makes grand blue great, which is the exceptionally detailed reaction faces. if the anime combined both timing and specific instances of high-quality animation - or heck, still images - you'd be able to see poo poo like this done properly:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Space Flower posted:

how can people who watch anime have this thick a skull about this poo poo, excluding the obvious answer that idol fans have emptied their brains of everything else

This is a weird-rear end loving dig at someone for having a mild complaint about the ugly CG anime adaptation of an incredibly boring isekai manga.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
please let me be performatively angry when a character played by one of my favorite seiyuu is being attacked or what else do i have to post for

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
please, forgive space, he's merely overcome by the sheer power of idols and this is the only way he knows how to express it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Forgiveness.....

NOT FOUND.

*sounds of minigun spooling up*

• Locked thread