Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

nah posted:

let's get back on track with some purestrain succccccc

https://twitter.com/jmpalmieri/status/1026973823047020544

not sending a message is more distressing to her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I imagine Whitmer basically got the "default choice" vote (both because she's the more mainstream option and because she doesn't have a "foreign" name), which is a huge deal in elections where a big percent of voters won't be that familiar with the candidates (like most local elections and non-presidential primaries).

I wonder how they choose who is at the top of the list on ballots, because I imagine that actually has a huge impact (since most people are going to just vote for the first name for any position where they're not sure who they prefer).

she had a lotta institutional support

all the unions endorsed her, along with Emily's list and other Dem establishment PACs, plus a bunch of local Michigan politicians

spacetoaster posted:

What exactly is the blue wave supposed to do anyway? Keep the democrat party on life support for a while longer?

get a new generation of lanyards and consultants on Congressional payrolls so that they can pad their resumes for the revolving door

although redistricting happens after 2020, so strong state-level Dem results could help a lot with gerrymandering

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

she had a lotta institutional support

all the unions endorsed her, along with Emily's list and other Dem establishment PACs, plus a bunch of local Michigan politicians

Good luck to her then! Hopefully she can bring it home on November

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

LinYutang posted:

The Michigan results were truly embarrassing, there was a progressive challenge in nearly every race and only Rashida won

Not really convincing evidence that the working class wants leftism

The Dem primaries were always a difficult step due to institutional opposition and entrenched interests. It was always going to be a long process and I don't think anyone is convinced that only partial success in the early stages means the movement is doomed to failure unless they really wanted to believe it.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The DSA caucus isn't going to immediately Whig the democrats in less than two years so is therefore a failure.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking
Wrap it up leftailures

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

nah posted:

let's get back on track with some purestrain succccccc

https://twitter.com/jmpalmieri/status/1026973823047020544

enjoying the succ isn't complete until you click through the article to see what Hillary Clinton has actually been doing to help

the list of all of Hillary's hard work to help the immigrants includes:

• tweeting a donation link once in June
  • absolutely nothing else
  • seriously, that was the entire list
  • now look again at the tweet celebrating all her hard work
  • nothing like a flock of endless sycophants to keep someone grounded

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich
You can't blame left wing candidates for systemic alienation that keeps voters from turning out.

Babeuf was right. Bring in the vanguard parties and install a dictatorship of the proletariat.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Away with ye, succubus! The power of bernie compels you!

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
Dem tears so salty

https://twitter.com/adamcbest/status/1027042869746401281

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1027039281091670017

https://twitter.com/rmayemsinger/status/1027060592241065985

https://twitter.com/MoMoneyMitt/status/1027085215125004289

https://twitter.com/PalmerReport/status/1027130516225445891

If you need a lift today just twitter search for "green party" and it's a never ending stream of this lol poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
a definite way to get people to vote for your candidate is berate them for not doing so

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Take me down to the succ zone city
Where the spoilers are green and the libs are lovely

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
can someone explain to me how green party votes mattered at all in primaries, were there some jungle primaries too or what

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

can someone explain to me how green party votes mattered at all in primaries, were there some jungle primaries too or what

in Ohio a successful Dem narrowly loss in a very red district. as the green party has votes, it's therefore their fault as these deranged hippies clearly would have voted Dem otherwise

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Calibanibal posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

a definite way to get people to vote for your candidate is berate them for not doing so

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/People4Bernie/status/1027063180067930112
for some good or at the very least above average news tonight

Is that the guy who had his son AND nephew running to replace him?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jose posted:

this is the only strategy the democrats know

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

loquacius posted:

this one was a special election for a house seat that will have a real election in three months

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Agean90 posted:

in Ohio a successful Dem narrowly loss in a very red district. as the green party has votes, it's therefore their fault as these deranged hippies clearly would have voted Dem otherwise

If only they had reached out across the aisle to those moderate Green Party voters...

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Calibanibal posted:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

:discourse:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wrap it up boys the left is over time for hillary 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-H9BOIYhgc

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

wrap it up boys the left is over time for hillary 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-H9BOIYhgc

:whitewater:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Calibanibal posted:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

LinYutang posted:

rashida was also extremely lucky the black vote was split between two candidates. I don't see her lasting long

:chloe:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

loquacius posted:

The Dem primaries were always a difficult step due to institutional opposition and entrenched interests. It was always going to be a long process and I don't think anyone is convinced that only partial success in the early stages means the movement is doomed to failure unless they really wanted to believe it.

"well, a nascent left-wing movement that has really only existed for two years didn't manage to defeat the wing of the party with vastly more money, power, connections, and institutional infrastructure behind it overnight. clearly, this means that leftists can never, ever win except AOC I guess and that the left has no choice but to shut up and fall in line behind the party establishment" - an extremely good faith take

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Left hasn't done anything I insist as the DSA gets 2 members in congress

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
shame about Welder, though TBH he came closer than I would have expected given all the money and institutional support Davids had

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Calibanibal posted:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Barry Convex posted:

shame about Welder, though TBH he came closer than I would have expected given all the money and institutional support Davids had

:hmmyes:

does Davids stand a chance in the general?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

yo why did abdul go down so hard I thought he was doin better

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
shut the gently caress up zergmans

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
mccaskill is trash

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1027184080352423937

good pic and some wins as well as a bunch of progressives got into state houses, so eat my rear end linwutang guy

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Matt Zerella posted:

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1027184080352423937

good pic and some wins as well as a bunch of progressives got into state houses, so eat my rear end linwutang guy

I love the suck responses asking her to voice support for the people who beat ¡Ocasio’s! endorsements.

please support the people who don’t support your positions, it is only fair.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dirk Pitt posted:

I love the suck responses asking her to voice support for the people who beat ¡Ocasio’s! endorsements.

They don't actually want her endorsement, they just want her to bend the knee

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Dirk Pitt posted:

It's gonna own when aoc is blamed for not endorsing centrists :qq: when/if they lose the general.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ruzihm posted:

It's gonna own when aoc is blamed for not endorsing centrists :qq: when/if they lose the general.

or if she does buckle and endorse them and they lose anyway, and she is blamed for that too (I have been informed Bernie's endorsement is why Ossoff lost)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

or if she does buckle and endorse them and they lose anyway, and she is blamed for that too (I have been informed Bernie's endorsement is why Ossoff lost)

We gave the access to the endorsement, which is good enough