Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

At least there was an active uprising in Libya, as opposed to say, invading a country under falsified pretenses and dragging the entire region into a 15 year long war that wasted trillions of dollars and millions of lives and ultimately accomplished nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Bu bu buh my middle East stability!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

psydude posted:

At least there was an active uprising in Libya, as opposed to say, invading a country under falsified pretenses and dragging the entire region into a 15 year long war that wasted trillions of dollars and millions of lives and ultimately accomplished nothing.

Vietnam or Iraq or Afghanostan who knowssssss

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

And just in there’s a couple in Missouri who adopted 4 kids and kept them in boxes.

Adopting is so hard.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I re-watched Children of Men last night for the first time in like 10 years and holy poo poo has it taken on a whole new significance in 2018.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

There was a fake news article 5 years ago about 1/3 of the US population being RFID through vaccines. I showed that the college that did the study didn’t exist and that active rfid that could be tracked is substantially to big to ever fit in a syringe. 1/2 of the people talking about it dismissed me outright because they don’t trust the federal government, despite being on active duty, working for the federal government.

I've seen people post memes of a Photoshop of a bionic mosquito that supposedly implants tracking devices into people. First of all if the government was able to create technology that advanced it'd be loving amazing...

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/adamweinstein/status/1027188619184951296?s=21

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

facialimpediment posted:

The Republican should be sailing away with this district by about 10% and instead it's *this* close.

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1027007001824579584

Nobody knows what vote is currently left because Ohio is a dumb state. They also don't report precinct-by-precinct so nobody knows what vote is still out and from where. Gonna be close!

Edit: Republican likely going to win, within provisional ballot range, but lol Right to Work got turbofucked in Missouri.

This is the election I mentioned earlier where the attack ads against O'Connor were stuff like "he doesn't support the border wall, he thinks ICE should be restructured, he would join hashtag The Resistance"

I haven't seen/heard a single ad mentioning Balderson's name, let alone his platform.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nice and hot piss posted:

Bu bu buh my middle East stability!

The next six months will be critical

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Don't worry, Yemen will stabilize pretty soon when everyone dies of famine or dehydration.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/sta...3714%23lastpost

man it would funny if NCIS did this to a grunt barracks but with gear. Whole loving battalion would be gone

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/sta...3714%23lastpost

man it would funny if NCIS did this to a grunt barracks but with gear. Whole loving battalion would be gone

Monster energy drinks and dip cans.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
gently caress it, just go whole hog and stage a cash truck spilling its contents and then nail all those cretins who go for it.

This would probably “work” on people in drat near any neighborhood. Gotta pinch those crims!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
lmao, allegedly from the FB of the Green Party candidate in the OH 12th special election yesterday.

https://twitter.com/jiveDurkey/status/1027035159588167680?s=20

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Completely unrelated, but I'm listening to "Bring the War Home", a book about the rise of white identity, militia movement, and the far right, and how they rose up together in the white supremacy during since the 70's. It's more of a sociological view, but touches on many aspects I hadn't considered. My main takeaway was hoe loving easy it was to get away with military poo poo back in the day. According to the book, the military did an audit and found they had lost something like 400 (I'm probably remembering the number wrong) tons of material, and had no clue. During the Congressional hearing, the DoD rep said that because of the system (I'm assuming the transition from paper to computer) they didn't know it was lost, because they never knew it existed.
One group was caught with something like 14 LAW rocker launchers and a bunch of loving C4 and fragmentation grenades, stolen and purchased from good old Fort Bragg.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Not any crazier or different than the evangelical crowd :shrug:

Edit : referring to alien dude of course

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
More realistic, also

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

Completely unrelated, but I'm listening to "Bring the War Home", a book about the rise of white identity, militia movement, and the far right, and how they rose up together in the white supremacy during since the 70's. It's more of a sociological view, but touches on many aspects I hadn't considered. My main takeaway was hoe loving easy it was to get away with military poo poo back in the day. According to the book, the military did an audit and found they had lost something like 400 (I'm probably remembering the number wrong) tons of material, and had no clue. During the Congressional hearing, the DoD rep said that because of the system (I'm assuming the transition from paper to computer) they didn't know it was lost, because they never knew it existed.
One group was caught with something like 14 LAW rocker launchers and a bunch of loving C4 and fragmentation grenades, stolen and purchased from good old Fort Bragg.

reread matterhorn recently and when the main character loses his rifle during the course of a medevac he just has to buy a new one from supply.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Internet Wizard posted:

This is the election I mentioned earlier where the attack ads against O'Connor were stuff like "he doesn't support the border wall, he thinks ICE should be restructured, he would join hashtag The Resistance"

I haven't seen/heard a single ad mentioning Balderson's name, let alone his platform.

Every indication is that we're getting that message nationwide for the midterms. Trump is permanently toxic for the college-educated, so their only real move is to go hard on the MS-13 bullshit and all that to turn out non-college-educated white people and hope for the best.

The racist ads are definitely going to be something!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

psydude posted:

I re-watched Children of Men last night for the first time in like 10 years and holy poo poo has it taken on a whole new significance in 2018.

Id rewatch it for that one long rear end sequence alone. The super long uninterrupted 3 minute camera shot was amazing work. For everyone.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

reread matterhorn recently and when the main character loses his rifle during the course of a medevac he just has to buy a new one from supply.

This reminds me of the guy that drove off Anaconda with his SAW on the roof of his truck, which it fell off of and was driven over by half a dozen trucks.

I bet that was expensive.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Yeah that long take was shot incredibly well

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Soulex posted:

Id rewatch it for that one long rear end sequence alone. The super long uninterrupted 3 minute camera shot was amazing work. For everyone.

Crowd scene at the end?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

That scene was incredible.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

IIRC, SF had a huge problem with white supremacists in their ranks during the 1980s. I wonder how many caches of slowly rusting M16A2s are buried around Fort Bragg and Fayetteville.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
they fixed the white supremacist problem in military/law enforcement by just accepting them

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Proud Christian Mom posted:

they fixed the white supremacist problem in military/law enforcement by just accepting them

:hmmyes:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The guy who was the first congressman to endorse Trump was just arrested on insider trading charges.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/08/politics/chris-collins-indicted-insider-trading/index.html

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

CMD598 posted:

Tokyo/Yokohama aren't worth it anymore imo. All the major combat forces are elsewhere like Okinawa or Iwakuni and the ships in Yokosuka are probably deployed anyway, or already broken.

Did the Atsugi squadrons and poo poo finally relocate to Iwakuni? They had just finished building the massive runway expansion and poo poo when I left in 2008, but it was still a runty rear end little base with like 1500 people on the drat thing. Christ I can't even fathom how loving terrible going out in town locally, or even to Hiroshima is if the base got much bigger.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

psydude posted:

The guy who was the first congressman to endorse Trump was just arrested on insider trading charges.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/08/politics/chris-collins-indicted-insider-trading/index.html

Texas Reps Conway and Culberson appear to be tied up in this as well

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Can someone explain to me how the KSA pulling its subjects out of Canadian hospitals and sending them home is supposed to inconvenience Canada

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Can someone explain to me how the KSA pulling its subjects out of Canadian hospitals and sending them home is supposed to inconvenience Canada

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some hosed up hostage-like attempt to make the Canadians feel like they're hurting innocent people by protesting the imprisonment of innocent people.

"Stop hurting our fee fees or we'll subject more of our citizens to living in KSA."

psydude fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 8, 2018

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Just got done with the 2020 Commission Report on the North Korean Nuclear Attacks Against the United States and it is both darkly comical as well as grim as poo poo. The golf course scene is worth the price of admission alone. Just be sure to have something to take your mind off it afterwards since there's some real darkest timeline stuff in there.

:rip: if you live in South Korea, Tokyo/Yokohama, Palm Beach, Honolulu, Manhattan, or between Tysons and Alexandria

Just finished the book, and Jesus Christ, the way he portrays the dysfunction of the White House and administration as a whole due to all the staff being like co-dependent wives in an abusive relationships feels disgustingly real. It seems slightly overplayed in how much his staff coddles him, but the dynamics seem spot on in how an intense crisis evolves into a total disaster.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This reminds me of the guy that drove off Anaconda with his SAW on the roof of his truck, which it fell off of and was driven over by half a dozen trucks.

I bet that was expensive.

Last time I saw the numbers a few years back, the per item cost for a SAW was only like $750 or so, and an M-4 was like $500. The optics and lasers are more expensive than the gun they’re attached to.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Yeah, actual rifles are pretty cheap.

On the other hand, the metal hand brake on an A-frame used to unspool field Telecom wire was like $700. And a km of fiber was $50k when I was in.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

psydude posted:

:shuckyes:

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Immanentized posted:

Crowd scene at the end?

Exit from the building under siege.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Immanentized posted:

Crowd scene at the end?

That motorcycle / car chase scene early on was loving awesome as well but yeah the city siege / exit scene towards the end was bananas. Really good movie on a few levels.

Edit: Crucifying citizens, to own the 'nucks.

https://www.businessinsider.com/saudi-arabia-crucified-man-in-mecca-while-calling-out-canada-human-rights-2018-8

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Crakkerjakk posted:

Yeah, actual rifles are pretty cheap.

On the other hand, the metal hand brake on an A-frame used to unspool field Telecom wire was like $700. And a km of fiber was $50k when I was in.

Tactical fiber is crazy expensive. Of the millions of dollars of poo poo I signed for I recall a 100’ ? Or so spool being worth 10k or something stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What the devil makes tactical fiber tactical?

• Locked thread