Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Has nothing of consequence really happened in a day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Theres probably been stuff, im just not watching. Off the top of my head Haleigh told Bay and Fessy shes the Hacker, Fessy tried to talk her out of calling a House Meeting to tell everyone, the two of them seem to be trying to save Bay and vote out Rockstar, Bay is implying she's pregnant, and Lv4 have had a bunch of nasty bashing sessions. I think that's all I've noticed from other update places.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

STAC Goat posted:

Bay is implying she's pregnant

:staredog:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Yeah, it's strange, there was nothing on the schedule about tomorrow being a double eviction.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Teek posted:

Yeah, it's strange, there was nothing on the schedule about tomorrow being a double eviction.

Took me a moment to get this... :stare:

But also, at first when Kaitlyn failed to get back into the game I thought for sure they would have to find another way to get in a buyback to keep on schedule, but then I realized that they could just not a do a double eviction and have the same effect.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She's been talking about it for weeks but I guess she met with a doctor and says coy stuff about production and what she can say on camera? My personal take has always been that Bay's just a drama queen weirdly obsessed with Swaggy but I don't really know because I'm not really watching this week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Angela pulled Bay aside this morning to do some jury management and tell her she always meant what she said about her and that she wanted her to be the first black winner and she never expected things to go the way they did. Bay said that's fine but she's not the hacker and has been Angela's biggest cheerleader and protecter on that side of the house so she screwed up, betrayed her, looks stupid, and lost a friend/supporter. Angela tries to deflect this by saying Bay eliminated Angela in the first comp Day 2. Bay says Angela put a ball in her tube first and she if that bothered her she should have talked to her about it for 40+ days. At this point Angela just got up and walked away and said she did what she had to do and Bay said she looks stupid. Then Bay kind of lost it and raged to herself alone.

Haleigh is apparently still planning the house meeting to expose herself as the Hacker sometime this afternoon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Haleigh just told Rockstar she's the Hacker and Rockstar is pushing for the House Meeting NOW.

"Lets do it."

HOUSE MEETING!?

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
It's House Meeting time.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Good maybe she can explain why she handled it so stupidly after a good first nomination.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Haleigh just told Rockstar she's the Hacker and Rockstar is pushing for the House Meeting NOW.

"Lets do it."

HOUSE MEETING!?

lol doesn't Haleigh want to vote out Rockstar though? Goddamn how is everyone so bad at the game this season?

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Bay’s victim complex jesusssss chrissttttt

Edit: wasn’t the point of this to save Bay but holy poo poo this is a serious meltdown. Wowwwwww

CancerStick fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 8, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy poo poo, Bayleigh.

CancerStick posted:

Bay’s victim complex jesusssss chrissttttt

Bayleigh IS the victim.

She's also loving insane.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

But this kind of all started because Bay is bad and dumb and told someone not in her alliance her secret because she never trusted her alliance. So she isn't really a victim of anything but her own bad gameplay.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, its complicated. Bay played a poo poo game and made plenty of bad decisions that got her here. But also Tyler and Angela have been lying to and about her and manipulating her for way back before last week. She's 100% right about Tyler and Angela and Tyler's lying his rear end off. Bay is ALSO an idiot who has done her share of lies and fuckups but she's right about that.

Bay's a victim but that doesn't mean she's not also a villain. And completely insane and self absorbed.

Now Tyler. That guy's playing the victim.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 8, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Pretty sure Haleigh torpedo'd her own game for zero gain.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, but also her game was already burnt.

Like maybe she moved it from Fessy-Haleigh to Haleigh-Fessy. But that's probably still a debate to be had next week when they're on the block.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
I'm here for Bayleigh apparently biting her lip/jaw/tooth whatever during her yelling.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Haleigh, Rockstar, Bayleigh, and Fessy now all on the same page and working themselves up for the House Meeting. The girls yelling at Fessy to put on pants so they can do this thing. Haleigh dons aviators for cool factor. Some quick comparing of notes. Bay says something about not winning but being glad she has friends with the balls and character to stand up for her. Haleigh apologizes for the mess she made of her power. She hopes there's another power out there that can give them a redo. Rockstar decides she just going to tell Julie Chen she's using the Halting Hex and make her call her out.

Haleigh: I feel like this is either going to be the dumbest thing or best thing I do in the house.

Its worth pointing out that Rockstar KNOWS the intent of this is to save Bayleigh and she's cool with that. Rockstar's pretty resigned to her game at this stage.

Meanwhile Angela is giving her version of the Bay talk from earlier and saying Bay was trying to play the victim and make her feel bad. Angela says she just wanted to know Bayleigh she was telling the truth when she said she wanted Bay to be the first black winner (while plotting to backstab her in her secret alliance). Angela believes her lies. Angela feels she got her closure.

Haleigh: Guys, can I have everyone in the living room?
Scottie: Like seriously?
Haleigh: Yeah, seriously.

Haleigh goes to get Angela and Kaycee from the HOH.
Angela: Is she about to say she's the Hacker? If she does I'm going to... I'm going to just get up and leave.

JC: I hate house meetings.
Scottie: She's about to announce a new Apple product.

Haleigh announces that she's the Hacker, that she put up Tyler because he won a bunch of comps and Kaitlyn told her a bunch of alliances he had, and that she was never trying to undermine Angela's HOH. She says she's doing this because the way Bayleigh is being treated is unfair. Haleigh adds that last week Tyler asked Bayleigh to backdoor Angela. Tyler flips and calls it a hilarious lie. Bayleigh FLIPS OUT and says its true and is SCREAMING! Like SCREAMING unhinged. Bay gets Tyler to admit he said "So if Brett comes down Angela goes up" but then he backtracks and says she was throwing out Angela and 3 other names and Bay denies (and I'm pretty sure she said no names). Tyler says all season he's just told me what he was going to do and done it. Bay is out of control and says he lied to her about his vote last week. Tyler says its irrelevant if she's the Hacker or not. Bay says all the "power trip" stuff Angela said was bullshit. Tyler says "congrats" and Bay calls him a child. Tyler and Bay are screaming at each other. Bay looks terrible but Tyler doesn't look too great either. Tyler says Bay lied to everyone about not having a power and he didn't do that (lol). Bay says Tyler's made her life miserable in the house.

Bay now sobbing with Haleigh and Sam. Her mouth is bleeding. Did she bite her tongue while she was freaking out? She thinks she lost a tooth? How the gently caress did that happen?

Tyler crying too and saying its been "taken way too far" and he's "not a villain." "Why would I do that poo poo? I'm not like that!" "Now I look like such a jerk, man!" Angela petting and comforting Tyler. JC and Angela saying "she" was just trying to create a scene and play victim. Cheering up the poor baby who has done nothing in this game. Angela says Bay was the target regardless of whether she was the Hacker. They think Haleigh is lying and Bay put her up to it and now she gave them a reason to target her. Tyler, "You gave the best person in comps a reason to come after you, good job!" Angela tells Tyler its ok even if he did tell Bay to backdoor her because she trusts him.

Sam telling Rockstar and Haleigh she still doesn't know who the Hacker is its easy to confuse "Bayleigh" and "Haleigh." Haleigh seems to recognize this was a mistake. Sam just doesn't want to speculate and will find out when the show is over. Rockstar says she gets like Bayleigh every once and awhile screaming about "white people" and conversations she has with friends and family (and the internet) and her guy has to calm her down "or we'll have crosses burning on our lawn."

Kaycee comes up to HOH and informs them that you can hear them clearly downstairs. JC visibly freaks out and leaves to go do damage control.

Kaycee comforts the wounded bird Tyler too. Angela again insists Haleigh is lying and this is all a scheme by Bayleigh. She says it doesn't matter because either way it gives them a reason to target Haleigh. Kaycee wonders what Scottie knows and Angela says to keep him out of the loop. Kaycee joining in on the bash session of Bayleigh now. Kaycee says she doesn't like Haleigh and Tyler calls her stupid. Angela says Bay made an alliance with her last week because she was so scared called the Amazon Alliance. Actually Bay made that alliance with Angela last week when she was HOH. They decide Brett should tell them he's voting to keep Bay so they can blindside them again. Jury Management. Angela says JC just exposed himself by picking a side.

Angela: I can't wait to see how JC gets out of this one.

JC telling Fessy he's a "loving idiot." I'm not sure he has a reason, I think its just what JC does to make himself feel better. Oh, he's trying to turn Fessy against Haleigh for not telling him about being Hacker. Fessy agrees the House Meeting was a dumb move. JC asks how many dumb moves do they have to do before one of them go home? I'm not sure how this helps JC's "keep the sides even" argument. Fessy says with Haleigh as Hacker they can save Bayleigh with his vote and the she has the power to protect them next week if they don't win HOH. Fessy's making really good arguments to keep Bay around for her power and use her and Haleigh as shields and JC can't really argue it so he's just rambling. The gist is "we can't trust them" but of course that doesn't work with "we can trust those other guys." JC's just filibustering.

Bayleigh is back. Apparently she BIT THROUGH HER JAW! What? She says she "blacked out." I assume she means her lip?

Haleigh: That's definitely not how I expected it to go.

Sam giving Bayleigh a hug and saying how proud of her she is and how beautiful she is.

Scottie walks into HOH to find Tyler STILL crying in Angela's lap and exclaims "gently caress!?!" Angela asks if Scottie thinks this is true or just some plot. Scottie says its "convenient" it didn't come out until today but it doesn't matter. Angela is concerned there's been no campaigning and seems to be worried there might be another power or something. Scottie narcs that Haleigh asked him last night if he thought anything would change if the Hacker outed themselves. Angela is spiraling a little. Tyler says its plausible either of them is the Hacker. Kaycee says Fessy had to know too.

Bayleigh: Hopefully this will change people's opinions and hopefully - no offense Rockstar - they'll vote to keep me.

JC asks Rockstar why the gently caress she's ok with this and if she wants to go home. Rockstar says she doesn't want to go home but she's mentally prepared and won't campaign against her friend. JC wants to know so he knows his vote won't be a waste if he keeps her. JC lecturing Rockstar on why standing by Bay doesn't help her game and Rockstar basically saying "I know, I don't care."

Tyler still crying and saying he doesn't say names and never told Kaitlyn anything. Angela's got a whole conspiracy theory.

Haleigh and Bayleigh debriefing. They don't think it went great. Haleigh thought there'd be more panic. Bay says they all just went to comforting Bay so she knows they're all just malicious towards her. "Even Kaycee." Haleigh thought Kaycee was different. She says Sam was better than she thought she'd be. "JC loves Tyler."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Experience the blood spitting crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gB9ZYFhd6o

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
DR could definitely lean on JC and Sam to vote out Rockstar and keep Bayleigh. They've been fairly hands off this season and last season though. Much to the game's detriment if I must say so myself. There's only so much Cult of Personality around one select player that I can take before it becomes annoying to watch. It's one thing if the mastermind is running around scheming and fun to watch like Will or Dan. Not really so much fun to be had with Paul or Tyler at this point. I like Tyler way more than Paul, but the extreme levels that some players like Sam go to to devote themselves to Tyler...

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

The funny thing is, if Bay weren't so bad and awful, this meeting stunt could have did serious damage to Tyler, but she is the worst so he comes off relatively fine and she just looks crazy. Genius level IQ btw.

Edit: Ehh.. Paul was consistently viewed as a target and a threat and had serious enemies in the house and he worked over time to make it to the end both times. His downfall is that he couldn't stop lying to people even when he didn't have to. Tyler isn't really doing what Paul did, people just rush to believe anything he says and almost no one wants to even target him let alone question him. Haleigh is like the one sane person so far that has done it, and I'm pretty sure her allies would evict her if Tyler asked.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 8, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ToastyPotato posted:

The funny thing is, if Bay weren't so bad and awful, this meeting stunt could have did serious damage to Tyler, but she is the worst so he comes off relatively fine and she just looks crazy. Genius level IQ btw.

Who knows how it would have gone if Bayleigh hadn't lost her mind but Haleigh never had the ammunition to expose Tyler. Lv4, JC, and Sam all know he's playing both sides. The only thing that would be news is if JC and Sam learned about Lv4. And none of them know about it.

I mean, Tyler SHOULD be a massive target because he's been snake all season and is a massive comp beast. But half the house is in love with him.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, the "What? Who? Me?" act is annoying. Like, I enjoy Tyler scheming and double-crossing, but this wounded bird bullshit would play a lot better if I knew he wasn't buying into it. I think it's legit self-pity, I don't think he's shown the cameras that there's much gameplay to it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

ToastyPotato posted:

Edit: Ehh.. Paul was consistently viewed as a target and a threat and had serious enemies in the house and he worked over time to make it to the end both times. His downfall is that he couldn't stop lying to people even when he didn't have to. Tyler isn't really doing what Paul did, people just rush to believe anything he says and almost no one wants to even target him let alone question him. Haleigh is like the one sane person so far that has done it, and I'm pretty sure her allies would evict her if Tyler asked.

It was never really a concern, but if Paul was on the block against anyone in that house, he wasn't going home. Paul did a lot to help that, but there were so many people playing for him rather than for themselves.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

With Tyler, I think one thing to do would be to put him on the spot and grill him about whether or not he has a power. Either he says no which might blow up for him later if he has to use it, or he admits he was lying this whole time which makes him look reaaaaally bad. Also calmly grilling him about votes I guess, but there really isn't any way that matters nearly as much because it is nearly impossible to prove and the only people he might have told would be 100% team Tyler anyway. It's mostly about setting a time bomb with regards to his trustworthiness in the game by getting him to commit to specific answers in front of everyone.

Teek posted:

It was never really a concern, but if Paul was on the block against anyone in that house, he wasn't going home. Paul did a lot to help that, but there were so many people playing for him rather than for themselves.

I don't think that really happened last season. Paul was definitely saved by his insane immunity early on, but he had two super tight allies who themselves also did leg work that got them to final 3. I mean what Paul did last year is pretty much how an alliance game and final 3 deal should work. I don't see how people were playing for him and not themselves when they thought that A)They were working with Paul and B)They thought they could beat him in final two. The second of which was completely true.

I don't remember enough about his first season at this point, but I sure as hell don't remember people throwing themselves out for him. He was playing behind the 8-ball for half of that season and there was always a bigger target than him in the house.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 8, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BB19 Paul DID have a lot of people playing for him. Christmas/Josh were the strongest pairing but Raven/Matt and Alex/Jason were there too. Matt/Elena were for awhile but they ended up choose Jody when Cody came back in the house and Jess won HOH. Paul did a genuinely good job setting himself up as the 3rd wheel to all those duos. They were all even basically onto him and Christmas/Josh debated making a move against him a couple of times, but they all concluded that it was still just better to ride it out and take out the other duos. The 3 week Immunity and never ending Jody evictions all gave Paul the time to establish that game, but he did set himself up into a good spot.

BB18 Paul didn't have that. He was a big scrambler and was on the block a few times. He just did a good job constantly working himself into the safe numbers. Paul kind of had a perfect read all season and always bailed ship at the right time to get in good with the shift in power.

Both times the problem was just that Paul believes his own poo poo and ended up picking fights and refusing to own his poo poo. And I definitely think Tyler is in the same boat. Him claiming Kaitlyn "did him dirty" was a real eye opener but the fact that he's been crying about Bayleigh for over an hour is another one.

There's one thing we should remember and pay attention to about Tyler. Every single person who has left the house so far has been burned bad by Tyler. Every single one. If that continues he'll make Paul look like Jordan.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, the "What? Who? Me?" act is annoying. Like, I enjoy Tyler scheming and double-crossing, but this wounded bird bullshit would play a lot better if I knew he wasn't buying into it. I think it's legit self-pity, I don't think he's shown the cameras that there's much gameplay to it.

Well, to be fair this specific complaint (i.e. "You tried to get me to backdoor Angela") is an outright lie and Tyler is somewhat justified in being bewildered that this is the cause célèbre that Bay would choose to launch a campaign against him. But I agree that a "really good BB player" would be able to manage the house meeting situation without wearing that frustration so openly on their sleeve.

There are a lot of reasons for people to be mad at Tyler, but despite all the opportunities for people to legitimately call out his double dealing, Bay is loving losing it over what is, at best, a misapprehension. It doesn't help that this gets tangled with her (justified?) complaint that Tyler completely mismanaged his relationship with her when she was nominated.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

BB19 Paul DID have a lot of people playing for him. Christmas/Josh were the strongest pairing but Raven/Matt and Alex/Jason were there too.

Alex legit thought she had a final 2 deal with Paul, which I don't feel is fair to call playing for someone else and she basically had Jason in her pocket which explains those two. Likewise, Christmas and Josh was another deal he made and he ended up going to the end with them, and they did debate cutting him loose but correctly both believed keeping him was better for their game, which was 100% correct and Josh won off of that, so I don't see how they were playing for Paul there.

Raven and Matt I'd consider because Matt was barely playing BB at all and Raven seemed at least a little interested in Paul in general so Raven is possibly the only person I could genuinely see as not necessarily playing for herself with regards to that. That's 2 people across 2 seasons though.

But yeah Tyler is definitely setting himself up for a Paul style downfall. That might be the only thing I have to look forward to, because as time goes on it is becoming more likely he is going to finale night.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tellah posted:

Well, to be fair this specific complaint (i.e. "You tried to get me to backdoor Angela") is an outright lie and Tyler is somewhat justified in being bewildered that this is the cause célèbre that Bay would choose to launch a campaign against him.

Its not an "outright lie", its a misinterpretation of his lying scheme as another lying scheme.

Tyler told L6 that he was going to convince Bay to backdoor Scottie when he uses the POV. Then he went to Bay and promised not to use POV and said "so if Brett comes down with a power or something you'll put up Angela, right?" so that he could go back to L6 and say "she said she'd put up Angela so I can't use the POV." Bay recognized that Tyler was trying to manipulate her into seeing Angela as a backdoor target but misinterpreted that as him wanting her up because she couldn't see the more convoluted real scheme. The irony is that Angela and Kaycee did eventually realize what Tyler was doing and decided they were fine with it because they needed him.

So no, lets not give in to Tyler's gaslighting. Tyler is not "bewildered" any more than when he presented himself as the victim to Kaitlyn's crazy. Tyler is a snake who is at best covering up his actions with a wounded bird act or at worst is just genuinely buying his own bullshit.

ToastyPotato posted:

Alex legit thought she had a final 2 deal with Paul, which I don't feel is fair to call playing for someone else and she basically had Jason in her pocket which explains those two. Likewise, Christmas and Josh was another deal he made and he ended up going to the end with them, and they did debate cutting him loose but correctly both believed keeping him was better for their game, which was 100% correct and Josh won off of that, so I don't see how they were playing for Paul there.

Raven and Matt I'd consider because Matt was barely playing BB at all and Raven seemed at least a little interested in Paul in general so Raven is possibly the only person I could genuinely see as not necessarily playing for herself with regards to that. That's 2 people across 2 seasons though.

But yeah Tyler is definitely setting himself up for a Paul style downfall. That might be the only thing I have to look forward to, because as time goes on it is becoming more likely he is going to finale night.

Oh, I probably misinterpreted something. I do think people were "playing for Paul" in the sense that they thought they were on Paul's team. I think that's probably the case for Tyler as well. Then there's "playing for Tyler" the way Sam is where she just isn't playing the game and does whatever Tyler tells her to do. I don't think Paul had any of those people but people do like saying he did for the hyperbole. Matt and Raven were the closest but I think they really did think they were playing good games. They weren't devotees, they were just dumb and lazy like Lv4. Josh/Christmas and Alex/Jason were more like JC, kind of aware what Paul was doing but gambling that he'd choose them in the end.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 8, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I'd be ok with this latest Tyler act if he had solid DRs explaining what he is doing. Nothing wrong with playing possum. I wouldn't fault him for that, but the fact that he has skated by this far without his game getting blown up and he still has people rushing to comfort him is what is annoying for me. It's more that I am annoyed at everyone else than I am at Tyler. I don't want him to win mostly because I feel like this level of play would not fly on most seasons and a weak winner is boring.

And what's worse, he will go down as some amazing player and basically the anti Paul if he wins, which means we are going to be hearing about him for a long time unless he comes back and gets dumpstered.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tyler is STILL crying. He's embarrassed and upset the cameras are watching him.

Tyler says Bayleigh genuinely believes in her head that he suggested Angela as a the backdoor target and he can't fight that. Tyler asks what else they said. Kaycee says nothing relative. He's awesome. Tyler just generally whining about the attacks on his character. Kaycee says he handled it really well and claims he was "calm." Angela asks if they still have the votes and Kaycee says they do. They don't know where Scottie is at. They say its a good opportunity for Brett to get in good with them.

Brett has indeed been playing the sympathetic ear this whole time. He's basically traded spots with Tyler.

Kaycee and Angela says that Bay is definitely the Hacker and Haleigh was just doing it so she could finally do something for once. They say they're all Bayleigh's puppets. Tyler thinks there's something wrong with Bayleigh and then outright admits that he "tricked" Bayleigh into naming Angela as the backdoor target so he couldn't use the POV. "Then she told Rachel and you all hated me for five minutes." They laugh and blame stupid Rachel. This house. Angela has Tyler and Kaycee kiss her HOH key! She says one will win it next week and the other gets Hacker.

Tyler's sketched out that Sam hasn't consoled him yet but went right to Bay. Angela says Sam always goes to whoever is upset the most. Angela says they can just strongarm Sam that she has to do what they want because of W1. Then Tyler realizes he doesn't want to talk to Sam because she was telling him Haleigh was the Hacker and he wouldn't listen. Now they're scheming to test Scottie's loyalty by feeding him something to see if he leaks it. Tyler's just upset that Bay is questioning his character and calling him a child. Well maybe you should stop crying? Tyler says he's always been honest with Bayleigh and done what he's told her he would. Angela says he was "so loyal" to Bayleigh last week. They 100% believe this. Angela's just being nasty about Bayleigh now.

Kaycee: Definitely playing the victim. I've seen this before in relationships. Don't try and twist this around and put it on me.

JC starts to tell Haleigh why she's stupid but Haleigh kind of isn't interested and he backs off. Haleigh points out that Bay still has the power that can protect them if they keep her and JC excuses himself.

Kaycee reminds then that Goodbye Messages are today but to remember that Bay is a jury vote.

Angela decides to go get Sam.
Tyler: Tell her I'm not doing so well.
Angela: Lets play the victim now.

Fessy tells Haleigh that JC is mad that she put him in jeopardy by not telling him and doing the meeting and blah blah. Haliegh says she didn't want anyone to know or be in jeopardy.

Fessy: Ya'll better win the Hacker because if not one of ya'll is going home.

Tyler: This is all Rachel's fault.
Angela: Seriously. It all comes back down to what happened with Rachel.

Tyler asks what their intention is. Angela says its just to protect Bayleigh because she's their leader and without her none of them know what to do in the game. Projection is a powerful thing. Now Tyler's just mocking Bay getting the App for being in a showmance.

Sam is upstairs now so Tyler, Angela, and Kaycee are trying to make sure she's good and programmed. Angela says she already knew that Tyler threw her under the bus to Bayleigh. Sam says she doesn't understand any of it and she kind of hates everyone right now but she's ready to go and nothing will change her view of them outside the house. She says she knows everyone makes fun of her for having no strategy and she's been so honest that everyone speculates there's more to her than it is. Sam says they're going to keep tearing each other apart and she'll just do her thing. She's kind of worked up and the others are kind of quiet and defensive. Sam is ranting about how much she hates BB, basically.

Rockstar is crying because its kind of hit her that Haleigh could have saved her if she came down or if Fessy had played POV. Haleigh saying she just didn't have a lot of time to think it through and she was trying to hide that she had it and she's sorry. She's owning that she screwed it up and they're all saying they're not mad, just working through it so they don't make the same mistakes again if they win. Oh yeah, they think they have the votes to save Bayleigh adn Rockstar is going home. They're going to get blindsided again.

Sam is sobbing now about how much she hates all of this. She's ranting about how she's just tried to keep the peace and keep things from getting ugly and she can't and she's just ready to go home. Kaycee is hugging and comforting her. Angela is now crying too. Tyler hugs Sam and they whimper incoherently to each other. Sam leaves and Kaycee immediately says Rockstar is in Sam's head and making her question poo poo. Its not complicated guys. Sam doesn't like the backstabbing and lying and fighting. Tyler rambles that she thinks they should feel bad for "playing the game" because she isn't. Kaycee pressing hard that Rockstar is making Sam "overthink" it. Kaycee thinks someone is trying to make it look like they're "using" her. Angela says it breaks her heart for her to question that. Uhhh.. secret alliance she's not a part of. Angela hopes she knows it isn't just about "sides." Again, a little while ago Angela said they could strongarm her into staying on their side. Angela saying that the other side is "bullying" Sam and using her personal weaknesses to manipulate her.

Angela: If she ever questioned my motives for being her friend that would eat me inside.
Somewhere Rachel felt another stab in the gut.

This is just Lv4 refusing to acknowledge that they're actually playing slimy games and Sam just isn't super comfortable with it. Its stuff like this where I'm pretty sure Tyler and CO are all up their own asses and aren't just owning their poo poo.

This is mainly why I haven't been watching this week.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

STAC Goat posted:

This is just Lv4 refusing to acknowledge that they're actually playing slimy games and Sam just isn't super comfortable with it. Its stuff like this where I'm pretty sure Tyler and CO are all up their own asses and aren't just owning their poo poo.

This. At least Brett is starting to fully lean into his jock villain persona and play a more rounded outgoing game.

Dan and Will leaned into their villainy and owned that poo poo and their snake gameplay in the DR. Playing the boohoo game both in the house and in the DR just doesn't fly for me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its what we say every year. You wanna play slimy and mean? Own it. Its why Dan and Will are legends and why there's tons of people who still love Dick and Janelle. Brittany did nothing for 2 season except be mean in a funny way and get blindsided by better players but everyone loves her. People like scoundrels. Sometimes in spite of themselves. Hell, Brett's got a ton of fans despite walking straight out of a "high school bully" casting call. He's just over the top and self aware enough that some people enjoy him (not me, I hate Brett, in case you hadn't picked that up by now).

The people who piss fans and jurors off are the ones who are just mean for the sake of being mean like Angela was or the ones who can't own their poo poo and play self righteous.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Angela, Tyler, Kaycee, and JC have been hiding in HOH since the House Meeting. JC wanders out sometimes but not as much as he should. Kaycee does every once and awhile but has made her position very obvious this week. Tyler eventually left to get some food but changed into all black clothes and a hair bun to match Haleigh's outfit. Angela stayed up there and Brett brought her a plate of food. Once Tyler joined the kitchen his trolling didn't seem to affect Haleigh but it did send Rockstar and Bayleigh to their beds to complain and giggle and bash.

The Vegas spoiler account says tonight is the Halfway Party with booze.

Kaycee and JC mocking Fessy because... they felt he might be left out? I think JC's trying to lessen the target on Fessy by calling him a braindead puppet. Then again he tells Fessy to his face he's a braindead puppet. JC's just kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Angela concludes that even if Haleigh was Hacker she was manipulated by Bayleigh and thus Angela was right all along. JC assures her her HOH was perfect. I said it Monday but Angela's DEFINITELY concerned that she's going to look like an idiot for putting on a huge show about Bay being the Hacker. And maybe a little aware about the mean girl edit she's getting.

Brett (who has been doing a good job staying with the house through all this) finally gets a moment with Tyler and says he too thinks Bayleigh is the Hacker for reasons.

Rockstar, Bayleigh, and Haleigh have been whispering and talking trash and it may seem I'm being biased by not recapping that but the truth is I just can't listen to them whisper because Bay has a sinus thing and she snorts and blows out my eardrums every 10 seconds. But also I can't listen to JC and Angela for long either so it evens out.

I'll probably just go watch the show and hope to see more Lv4 villain edit.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

Its not an "outright lie", its a misinterpretation of his lying scheme as another lying scheme.

Tyler told L6 that he was going to convince Bay to backdoor Scottie when he uses the POV. Then he went to Bay and promised not to use POV and said "so if Brett comes down with a power or something you'll put up Angela, right?" so that he could go back to L6 and say "she said she'd put up Angela so I can't use the POV." Bay recognized that Tyler was trying to manipulate her into seeing Angela as a backdoor target but misinterpreted that as him wanting her up because she couldn't see the more convoluted real scheme. The irony is that Angela and Kaycee did eventually realize what Tyler was doing and decided they were fine with it because they needed him.

Right, that's exactly what happened.

But from Tyler's perspective he has no way of knowing that Bay just completely misapprehended the situation. It seems like he reads Bay's version of events as an outright lie, and why wouldn't he?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bay only misrepresented the situation as much as Tyler did. Bay didn't know what Tyler was thinking and Tyler doesn't know what Bay is thinking, but Tyler knows he went up there to try and manipulate Bay into thinking of Angela as a backdoor target so he could tell L5 she was. She comes out and says "he was pushing Angela as a backdoor target" and its pretty easy to see where she got it from. She only couldn't see the L5 part.

Tyler actually even acknowledged that to L4. He told them in private after that it was so hard for him to defend himself without just outing the alliance. Because what he did DOES appear to be pushing Angela as a backdoor target unless you know that the only other logical reason was that he needed an excuse to lie to his secret alliance about not using the POV so he didn't upset the other half of the house and Bayleigh.

This should in no way be taken as a defense of Bayleigh. Nearly every decision she's made for the last 2 weeks has been the wrong one and she's a stubborn, self absorbed rear end in a top hat. And we learned tonight it was even her idea to pick Kaycee to play POV.

Nor am I saying Tyler should have stood up and said "Yes, Bayleigh and Haleigh are right, I'm a backstabbing snake." Obviously he's playing the game.

We just shouldn't be allowing ourselves to get tricked by Tyler's lies. Tyler isn't a victim and he wasn't hurt or bewildered. This is the third time in the house he's manipulated a messy person, lost control of that person, and then played the victim when they lost it on him and called him out on his lies (or in Kaitlyn's case when everyone else called them out on both of their lies). Kaitlyn, Rachel, and now Bayleigh. My guess is JC will be the next person to draw out Tyler's wounded bird act. He's just gaslighting all of us.

I'm very tempted to say we should stop comparing him to Derrick and Paul and whoever because the person he most reminds me of is Paulie without the deep seeded hatred of women. And Paulie seemed like just as inevitable a F2 lock around this point until his misogyny destroyed his game.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 9, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Edit: beaten.

Because it isn't? Basically he got caught lying to L4. And is just trying to cover it up. The version that accuses him of throwing Angela under the bus isn't 100% accurate, in that those were not the exact words that came out of his mouth, but that was literally his intention so it doesn't really matter. Like, he can scramble and all, but he shouldn't honestly believe his own BS. It was his plan so he didn't have to use veto and protect himself and he got caught. Not that it matters because his alliance doesn't care anyway.

Watching tonight's ep, and the Tyler not picking veto thing doesn't really seem like a big deal in that context. Angie was the one making the demands there. But yeah, I can't feel bad for Bay, she sunk her own ship by being so bad and overbearing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

https://twitter.com/realvegas4sure/...372584407625729
\

That was probably the right call.

edit:

ToastyPotato posted:

Watching tonight's ep, and the Tyler not picking veto thing doesn't really seem like a big deal in that context. Angie was the one making the demands there. But yeah, I can't feel bad for Bay, she sunk her own ship by being so bad and overbearing.

Its definitely more Angela's mess now that we've seen it. I was under the impression she came in 2nd and just passed up Scottie's $5K. The fact that she already had it and begged Scottie not to take it definitely gives it a different spin and makes her the sketchy one. The "keep control of my HOH" thing is plausible but the whole thing was still sketchy. And Tyler was obviously at least in part trying to cover her mess. Although I still have a seriously hard time respecting ANY player who passes on the POV for ANY reason when they're on the block.

But trusting Angela to save Tyler was always the statistically right call. She had just backstabbed Rachel for him and was planning to backstab Bayleigh for him. Its just arrogant as hell.

Its also all moot now because ever since then Tyler and Angela have been joined at the hip and everyone knows they're working together. Also it might have actually worked in flipping Scottie (although the Leighs selling him out probably contributed more to that).

But there's still the principle of the thing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bayleigh campaigning to Scottie for his vote. Scottie says he feels like both sides treat him the same, as a number they need but someone they don't trust with information or game. Bayleigh insists this is nonsense and their side tells them everything and has never even considered putting him up. She says when she was HOH he was never even an option. This is of course a complete lie and Bay is an idiot for not assuming Angela told Scottie about that and just coming clean. Bay insists Scottie is best friends with Tyler (because Tyler says so) and Scottie keeps trying to sell that their relationship is entirely confrontational. Bay is being aggressive and accusatory and explaining why her side doesn't trust him and this is a terrible campaign. "Its whatever, I don't care." Scottie brings up that Angela said "people" were saying he should go this week. Bay lies and says it wasn't her but Angela was saying it. Scottie says he doesn't know what he's going to do tomorrow and Bay says that's crazy. Scottie says part of his problem is he keeps getting blamed for votes. Bay's just being a rude rear end in a top hat now saying how little time she has for things. She ends up just kind of walking out on him.

3 seconds later...

Bay: Rock, I really think you're going to stay. I'm done with these people.

Bay says its "not an insult" but people are going to keep someone who's not a threat to them. Rockstar says she doesn't threaten her. "Thanks, Rock, but that doesn't really matter." Man, Bay's an rear end in a top hat.

We join Fessy asking Haleigh "what if she stays?" Its not clear who "she" is but Fessy says JC and Scottie both promised him they're keeping Bay so if the votes don't add up it will be easy to know who. They don't trust Brett but thinks it would be smart to vote with them to gain trust with their side. Haleigh says she's talking to Tyler after her shower but she's cancelling his vote.

Right now it looks like its going to be a 5-2 vote but Fessy and Haleigh still have time to wise up. And it would be dumb for JC and Scottie to blindside them, but this house likes needless blindsides.

I'm actually not engaged. I sort of want to see Tyler leave HOH and speak to people again but I think I rather watch a movie.

• Locked thread