Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

TwoPair posted:

Maybe I don't know some lesser pantheons, but what the hell does courage correspond to Electra? Does it give her the power to sexually desire her dad?

Mythological Electra killed her mother and stepfather for killing her father Agamemnon.

The complex was named that by Carl Jung, offhandedly suggesting the name as female counterpart to Freud's Oedipus complex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Thaddius the Large posted:

Phone postin’ for the most halfassed meme-ing of all time

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

prefect posted:

I could swear he was also cured in Deadpool & Cable, when he puked up a big glob of T-O.

And then he got in a fight with the Silver Surfer, which didn't go well for ol' Nate.

He was cured, but Deadpool had to re-infect him. Essentially, being without the virus made Cable godly in power, but in the All-Star Superman sense that it would eventually kill him. Cable's original idea was to use his omega-level powers to force the world into a better direction so that Earth's heroes would attack him, he'd die and he'd be seen as a martyr. This led to the first moment where Deadpool and Cable started to become friends as Deadpool betrayed the X-Men in favor of Cable making the world better, not realizing that Cable never intended to succeed in the first place.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gavok posted:

He was cured, but Deadpool had to re-infect him. Essentially, being without the virus made Cable godly in power, but in the All-Star Superman sense that it would eventually kill him. Cable's original idea was to use his omega-level powers to force the world into a better direction so that Earth's heroes would attack him, he'd die and he'd be seen as a martyr. This led to the first moment where Deadpool and Cable started to become friends as Deadpool betrayed the X-Men in favor of Cable making the world better, not realizing that Cable never intended to succeed in the first place.

Suicide by Super.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It was also the big flaw in Cable's plan, as he assumed Wade would betray him, and by not doing so, Deadpool almost hosed the whole thing.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Gavok posted:

I thought his plan wasn't to be seen as a martyr, but to be seen as so big a threat that the world would unite to take him down. Like if Ozymandias decided to paint a target on his own face rather than on a giant space squid.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He wasn't surprised when they took him down, though he may have been surprised they asked the surfer to do it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Presented without context from today's Superman.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Batman doesn't poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

Presented without context from today's Superman.

Tyrael, did you forget to eat again?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It's pages like this that I read Renew Your Vows for.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reppin' the 80s shoulderpads Peter

Good for you

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Is he trolling her? Because that seems like a spider-dad thing to do.

Also, who signed off on Renew Your Vows, and was it's express purpose to show that you absolutely can make a Spiderman who's married with a kid relatable? Because it seems like that's what it's aiming for.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The proportional strength of a spider, with the proportional sense of humor of a dad. Perfection.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hes not wrong about the hair

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Keeshhound posted:

Is he trolling her? Because that seems like a spider-dad thing to do.

Also, who signed off on Renew Your Vows, and was it's express purpose to show that you absolutely can make a Spiderman who's married with a kid relatable? Because it seems like that's what it's aiming for.

Didn't they already do that with Spider-Girl in the early oughts?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

site posted:

hes not wrong about the hair

It's better than being bald.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

prefect posted:

The tightest curls
The sharpest widows peak

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
For me the funniest stuff about Osborn's hair is still from that issue of Deadpool where Wade ends up in an old issue of ASM in Peters body, and when Norman drops by to talk to Harry and Peter, Wade can't get over his hair. Then he tries to say something to Norman but ends up going "Nice head, sir".

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Who What Now posted:

Didn't they already do that with Spider-Girl in the early oughts?

Yes, only alternate timeline Spider-Man can have a family life.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

(Actually it's bricks.)

Squirrel-Girl 35.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

(Actually it's bricks.)

Squirrel-Girl 35.

This is really giving me Kate Beaton vibes for some reason

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=324

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
has Kate Beaton ever written a major Marvel comic like Ryan North and Christopher Hastings have?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Samuringa posted:

has Kate Beaton ever written a major Marvel comic like Ryan North and Christopher Hastings have?

No, but she contributed some shorts to Strange Tales II like that Kraven one, Rogue gets in Trouble and:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

(Actually it's bricks.)

Squirrel-Girl 35.

The speech after this belongs in the uplifting thread.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

El Gallinero Gros posted:

For me the funniest stuff about Osborn's hair is still from that issue of Deadpool where Wade ends up in an old issue of ASM in Peters body, and when Norman drops by to talk to Harry and Peter, Wade can't get over his hair. Then he tries to say something to Norman but ends up going "Nice head, sir".

That was a great issue of Deadpool.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Brain-Drain is the best character in Squirrel Girl.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gann Jerrod posted:

Brain-Drain is the best character in Squirrel Girl.

IDK that's a pretty high bar.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I liked the Eternal Darkness reference, but I'd think Xel'lotath is the "gibbering mad" one

:goonsay:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Thanks for filling my head with Pargon Pargon Pargon Pargon

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I love the little joke footnotes he does. North's writing is extremely joke-dense

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zoux posted:

I love the little joke footnotes he does. North's writing is extremely joke-dense

:hfive:

I'm a big fan of joke footnotes. :blush:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

(Actually it's bricks.)

Squirrel-Girl 35.

The rest speech was amazing, and it actually worked!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Plastic Man stop!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh god

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
not surprising, really. harley has always been a pretty perceptive girl. the problem is that she is so loving bonkers that she always does exactly the wrong thing with what she perceives.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You know that's Plastic Man right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Injustice?