Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I just started this and I’m at level 31...there seems to be way too much poo poo to do, and grinding Lando is taking forever. How long does it take before I am not barely scraping by?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

1st AD posted:

I just started this and I’m at level 31...there seems to be way too much poo poo to do, and grinding Lando is taking forever. How long does it take before I am not barely scraping by?

Literally never? The game keeps getting bigger, but they really aren't making any of the grinds easier.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

Yeah, man, that's the game.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

1st AD posted:

To give a more positive perspective, ive been playing almost 2 years. I have 40 g12 toons & 30+ zetas and I'm still super stoked about the projects i have in the works. This is a game with a grind, sure, but it's also deep with lots of game modes, complex goals, and textured core gameplay. The license is icing on the cake, but they even do that pretty well imo. I love all the kotor dudes in the game now (3 of whom are top tier meta)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

1st AD posted:

Get out while you still can!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've prioritized cantina characters over mods, so mine sucked for ages, but then they started giving out mods with character events so I was able to build up a decent collection of 4 dot ones.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
How are people getting by the mythic tier on military might? I have zzCLS, zzR2, zRHan, zOld Ben, and zEzra, all at G12 with good mods except Zezra who is G11 with decent mods, and the 7 round slogfest whittles my guys down just enough to make the last note unbeatable so far.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Moral_Hazard posted:

How are people getting by the mythic tier on military might? I have zzCLS, zzR2, zRHan, zOld Ben, and zEzra, all at G12 with good mods except Zezra who is G11 with decent mods, and the 7 round slogfest whittles my guys down just enough to make the last note unbeatable so far.

I have zCLS, zSolo, r2, Chaze. The key is going into the final round with no abilities on cool down and try to get tenacity up with chirrut asap, if you can prevent the DV from getting DOTs on you in the first place it really helps. I usually go for emperor first since he dies a lot quicker than DV, save the baze aoe buff removal for when all the RGs get taunt from someone going under half health

I only just 3*d it yesterday for the first time, it took me a few tries but with the above team I would just auto until round 7, then control it so I went into the final round with no cooldowns. The key is really having chirrut go before DV or EP. Rex might work too, but if DV gets DOTs on you it doesnt really matter if you cleanse because they'll just reapply right away

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 8, 2018

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Moral_Hazard posted:

Use the event ability on everyone as soon as you can in the first round. The out-of-turn counter assists apply for the entire battle, so even once it wears off or you move on to the next round, your dudes will still counter-assist.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Moral_Hazard posted:

I use Chaze so I've got some healing present.

Be sure to stun vader as often as possible until you kill him, because his leader is in effect and his dots won't wear off.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Crumbletron posted:

Use the event ability on everyone as soon as you can in the first round. The out-of-turn counter assists apply for the entire battle, so even once it wears off or you move on to the next round, your dudes will still counter-assist.

Also the bonus assist chance is on all out of turn Attacks, not just counters. What does that mean?

It means once everyone has used the ability, you can have Ezra call Han to assist and have two chances to call Luke in to assist. And other similar absurd shenanigans.

(It’s also why even lower gear Chaze are so good here. They counter and call each other to assist constantly and in turn will call Han and Luke to assist constantly.)

(Also also, Try to have Chirrut go first/early in round 8 with his Heal/ten up available. Resisting that first mass stun and force crush is big game.)

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 8, 2018

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The first time it came around I cleared it with g11 glones, believe me or not. But it took about 2 hours of attempts.

This time I used a g11 zeta Jyn lead with Ezra, Old Ben, RaidHan and CLS, all zetead and 12'd and it was still heavily RNG dependent.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I use g12 cls/rhan/r2 and g11 chaze. I target thrawn first to stop the fracture rng (I don't want to lose bazes debuff), then pick Vader or ep. I 2* when I went for ep after thrawn, 3* when I went for Vader to shut off the dots.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Really can't decide for my next zeta. Top three probably number crunch, nihilus, Bb8. I have darth sions already so I was going to do nihilus, but that would just get me the same arena team everyone else already has, but way later then them, and my nihilus is only g8. Bb8, g9, would be partly to help unlock rjt and for on an rjt team. Number crunch because r2 is g11, useful all over, and I don't have either of r2s zetas yet

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jesus, Wedge Leader, Biggs, Raid Han, Lando and r2 are almost as deadly as my empire/sith team. Once I upgraded Wedge's leader skill to max and got him a another GL he really came into his own.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

hngkong posted:

Literally never? The game keeps getting bigger, but they really aren't making any of the grinds easier.

We don't have to worry about sim tickets anymore :v:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
This plague nest team absolutely destroys ezpz teams, but still gets rocked by Bastila, is there anything other than NS that works well against bastila?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

This plague nest team absolutely destroys ezpz teams, but still gets rocked by Bastila, is there anything other than NS that works well against bastila?

Basically anything that doesn’t rely on debuffs/Resistable debuffs. JTR, for example.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Finally got Veteran Han to 7* now to star on Chewie

:negative:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

CaptainPsyko posted:

Basically anything that doesn’t rely on debuffs/Resistable debuffs. JTR, for example.

Really looking forward to finally getting JTR, Just hope I make it, already have Han, 8/85 on chewie

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I really hate the AARP Han / Chewie grind. I'm getting close to 6*'ing Han.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Popete posted:

Finally got Veteran Han to 7* now to star on Chewie

:negative:

Moral_Hazard posted:

I really hate the AARP Han / Chewie grind. I'm getting close to 6*'ing Han.

It's so terrible, but it's worth it. JTRey's team is basically an insta-win on almost every TW team on offense, as well as being a solid TB team, Sith Raid P1 team, and basically can be used in every aspect of the game.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

farm the bugs thanks and god bless

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Buggs are powarfull

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My fleet is sitting 330k power and I'm still struggling to stay in top 100 fleet arena and I can't beat tier 5 fleet battles.

I really need to invest in bugs. Its crazy how unbalanced fleet stuff still is.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Bugs are bae. My soldier is g12, sunfac is a gun from 11 and spy is an easy gear. Bugs for life

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I have all bug ships at 7* but the bugs themselves are not starred or geared. They aren't very bad farms but its still a farm that will detract from other things.
Also Sun Fac is one of the worst gearings in the game iirc.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I've been working on bug ships/character shards for a while, but yeah gearing them is what I'm really not looking forward to

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Popete posted:

My fleet is sitting 330k power and I'm still struggling to stay in top 100 fleet arena and I can't beat tier 5 fleet battles.

I really need to invest in bugs. Its crazy how unbalanced fleet stuff still is.

I don't think bugs are unbalanced, I think they're the perfect counter to the Biggs/Vader/TIE combo that just about everyone seems to run in fleet right now

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just think fleet battles as a whole are unbalanced. It seems like a total roll of the dice and you'll quickly know whose gonna win after the first round or two. A deflected shot or a critical can quickly give one side a big advantage.

I think I probably prefer how they used to be but it wasn't great then either.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Popete posted:

I just think fleet battles as a whole are unbalanced. It seems like a total roll of the dice and you'll quickly know whose gonna win after the first round or two. A deflected shot or a critical can quickly give one side a big advantage.

I think I probably prefer how they used to be but it wasn't great then either.

This description is true of Biggs TIE bullshit, but it’s axtually actively untrue about geonosians.

I mean, yeah, you know whose gonna Win after the first round or two, but that’s only because it’s always gonna be the bugs, and they’re gonna win really really fast. (I finish fleet arena battles in 30 seconds with good RNG. Aminute with bad. I never see ship ults anymore.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

CubsWoo posted:

farm the bugs thanks and god bless

What reinforcements do you use?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Burning_Monk posted:

What reinforcements do you use?

Vader and Plo are my main reinforcements. I currently round it out with Phantom (and will add Ghost at 7* Tarkin) but honestly fights with the bugs don't normally last past the first reinforcement.

If you're going against Tarkin and get ability blocked before you can do the mass assist specials for Spy and Soldier, you probably want Plo as your first reinforcement (I don't have him at tier 3 yet, but even at tier 2 dumping 40% health/prot back on the bugs + using Plo's special for 40% more turn meter is amazing, especially since you have Tarkin's 30% TM boost on deck for his next turn.) If you're already ahead on ships (or you're facing any other lead but Tarkin, in which case you're probably ahed on ships anyway) just call Vader for his DoT and Offense Down reinforcement and clean up whatever's left.

Here's a rough idea of how my fights with the bugs go against the stock standard biggs/vader/tie/thrawn AI:

- TIE attacks Spy, Spy/Soldier stealth
- Vader hits Sun Fac, Biggs gains Taunt
- Biggs hits Sun (sometimes with the assist call, sometimes not) for minimal damage
- Sun attacks Biggs, Soldier often assists
- Tarkin does AoE
- Thrawn does AoE
- Soldier does special Sun or Spy assists
- If this doesn't kill Biggs, Spy's basic does
- Their TIE/Vader go again and maybe kill one of the non-Sun bugs but usually not
- Reinforce with Vader, kill their Vader
- Clean up their TIE, if they got Foresight up on TIE they will probably call Slave 1/Scimitar/something else, not much of a problem at this point to mop up since you'll be up at minimum 3 ships to 2, likely 4-2

I'm also doing this with a G11 Tarkin, G11 Soldier, G10 Spy and Sun Fac and a barely geared 6* Plo/5* Plo ship so there is a lot of room to grow with this composition

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 12, 2018

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
More mod RNG shenanigans:

I got speed secondary on every single mod from this weekends Mythic Yoda event. So that is 13 mods (1+2+5, 1+2+2) or so with speed secondary in a row (including 2 arrows with speed secondary, sigh)
Not a single one of them got speed upgraded...

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Do buggs need Tarkin to work?

Also, lurking on Discord over the weekend (:justpost:, I know) and I'm seeing all this politics stuff and wondering why that is before realizing there's a "Trump talk" sub-room. :v:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Moral_Hazard posted:

Also, lurking on Discord over the weekend (:justpost:, I know) and I'm seeing all this politics stuff and wondering why that is before realizing there's a "Trump talk" sub-room. :v:

Buggs do not need a Tarkin; you can make a case that they work best under any of Snackbar, Chimaera, or Tarkin - reinforcement priorities and matchup strength between the three will vary a fair amount, but they’re all quite strong.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Moral_Hazard posted:

No, Tarks is just a faster reinforce than Thrawn, so the game can turn on that basis for the buggs player pretty consistently.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I swear the hardest thing to do in the game right now is get the store to scroll all the way to the free pack before it registers a click/tap on one of the premium packs. Can they please change each pack to have a sub-menu where you can choose cash or crystals, already?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I have like a million friendship points because I gave up buying free packs, it was actively killing my desire to play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Swipe right for the Bronzium card is really annoying. I have mindlessly bought Bronziums with friendship bux while listening to audible, but there's no way I'm getting anywhere near my ~100k balance.