Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Xander77 posted:

I've provided a link to a fairly lengthy critique which supports my argument. You can either engage with it, or stop talking. You don't get to avoid reading it, then claim the argument has no basis in the text.
Yeah, no, I think I do in fact get to do that, just as much as I would with any other random Youtube comment grade angryblog. I think I will stop talking about it, though, because you're being kind of an rear end about this and I'm not willing to have an angry argument because you're pissed at Random Mediocre Fantasy Author #1234 and need a stand-in for the person you can't shout at personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

End of Shoelace posted:

note: clarissa desdame is harrys new ladycorpse. tonks and black are cousins

Black is also 14th years older than Harry and 7 years older than Tonks

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Epicurius posted:

Black is also 14th years older than Harry and 7 years older than Tonks

It's ok, that's only a two- and one-year difference, respectively, in dog years.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I think Harry and Tonks are cousins too, by way of his grandmother or something like that. Second cousins, maybe? Is that what you call it when it's one extra step removed like that? We don't have a word for that here, so I'm not sure.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Tonks' grandfather and Harry's grandmother were siblings, so yes they're second cousins. He's also related to Draco and Bellatrix because they both have Black blood by way of their mothers.

As I'm sure it's been pointed out before, pure-blood wizarding families are super inbred. There's only like a handful of them, and until very recently they were all quite obsessed with maintaing "blood purity" so they kept intermarrying. I'm honestly surprised there's no magic equivalent of Charles II of Spain.

e. Thinking about it, it's probably the old wizarding families' fault there's so few wizards and witches around in modern days compared to old times as a percentage of the total population (Hogwarts is huge compared to the number of students it actually has). Since half-blood children are likely to be magical, if the families had married with muggleborns or muggles the number of wizards would be much higher than it is; instead they kept marrying each other and hosed things up, muggle population kept going up while the magical population remained static or even decreased.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 8, 2018

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Mikl posted:

Tonks' grandfather and Harry's grandmother were siblings, so yes they're second cousins. He's also related to Draco and Bellatrix because they both have Black blood by way of their mothers.

As I'm sure it's been pointed out before, pure-blood wizarding families are super inbred. There's only like a handful of them, and until very recently they were all quite obsessed with maintaing "blood purity" so they kept intermarrying. I'm honestly surprised there's no magic equivalent of Charles II of Spain.

e. Thinking about it, it's probably the old wizarding families' fault there's so few wizards and witches around in modern days compared to old times as a percentage of the total population (Hogwarts is huge compared to the number of students it actually has). Since half-blood children are likely to be magical, if the families had married with muggleborns or even muggles the number of wizards would be much higher than it is; instead they kept marrying each other and hosed things up, muggle population kept going up while the magical population remained static or even decreased.

Charles II is Voldemort. How do you think he got that face?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Literally so, I think. The Gaunts (Voldie's mum's family) was supposedly so inbred, they were barely able to talk to anything except snakes anymore.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Mikl posted:

Tonks' grandfather and Harry's grandmother were siblings, so yes they're second cousins.

You're right about the purebred inbreeding, but I don't think this is true. Both Tonks' dad and Harry's mom are from muggle families, and we don't know their family trees, but Tonks' maternal grandparents were Cygnus Black and Drosela Rosier, while Harry's paternal grandparents were Fleamont Potter and a woman named Euphemia. We don't know Euphemia's last name, but we know she wasn't one of Cygnus's sisters. His only sister was a woman named Belvina.

eta: Also, isn't it suggested that most of the "pure blood" families actually have a bunch of muggle ancestry. They just don't talk about it/lie on the family trees

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Aug 8, 2018

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I got curious and checked the Potter wiki. Turns out they're just third cousins. Harry's great-grandmother was one Dorea Black. I've read somewhere that this is about the same degree of genetic similarity you would have to any random person anywhere in the world, on average, so I guess it doesn't come to much except for the ick factor of knowing how closely related they are at all.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I stand corrected, then :)

(I'm on my phone and the wiki isn't very legible on mobile, especially the family trees.)

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Cardiovorax posted:

I got curious and checked the Potter wiki. Turns out they're just third cousins. Harry's great-grandmother was one Dorea Black. I've read somewhere that this is about the same degree of genetic similarity you would have to any random person anywhere in the world, on average, so I guess it doesn't come to much except for the ick factor of knowing how closely related they are at all.

Not even that actually. Somewhere in Harry's ancestry is Charlus Potter, who married Dorea Black, but it's not stated specifically where. His great grandfather was Henry Potter, who married a woman whose first name was never mentioned, and was the last member of the Fleamont family. Which is why Harry's grandfather's first name was Fleamont, as a nod to his mother's family. Which I only know because I was curious as to why in the hell someone would name a child Fleamont.

Ron Weasley is actually closer related to the Blacks than Harry (his grandmother got kicked out of the family for marrying a Weasley)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Mikl posted:

There likely is, but given the nature of saving face, they're probably reported as a still birth and immured at home to hide the family's shame. The purebloods are modeled on Victorian nobles, after all, and they were vicious about that sort of thing.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think rowling mentioned 'pureblood' only became a thing within the last couple centuries

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
I thought Salazar Slytherin was all about blood purity, wasn't he from the middle ages?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

There likely is, but given the nature of saving face, they're probably reported as a still birth and immured at home to hide the family's shame. The purebloods are modeled on Victorian nobles, after all, and they were vicious about that sort of thing.

They do magic on them so they don't have hosed up faces like Charles II

This is totally a canon thing and not something I just made up.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Stroth posted:

Not even that actually. Somewhere in Harry's ancestry is Charlus Potter, who married Dorea Black, but it's not stated specifically where. His great grandfather was Henry Potter, who married a woman whose first name was never mentioned, and was the last member of the Fleamont family. Which is why Harry's grandfather's first name was Fleamont, as a nod to his mother's family. Which I only know because I was curious as to why in the hell someone would name a child Fleamont.

Ron Weasley is actually closer related to the Blacks than Harry (his grandmother got kicked out of the family for marrying a Weasley)

most fanfiction operates under the idea that charlus is harry's grandfather and dorea his grandmother, and under that premise harry and tonks are second cousins. nobody knew fleamont existed until long after the idea that harry was quite closely related to the black family had been firmly entrenched in fanfiction

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I thought Salazar Slytherin was all about blood purity, wasn't he from the middle ages?

there's no particular evidence that he cared about the kind of blood purity that modern purebloods do. everything the reader is told about slytherin comes from biased sources that view slytherin, the man, through the lens of slytherin, the designated house for evil children

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 8, 2018

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Jazerus posted:

most fanfiction operates under the idea that charlus is harry's grandfather and dorea his grandmother, and under that premise harry and tonks are second cousins.

which is weird considering how much of it is about them banging

please let me continue living life thinking that's weird and unintended

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jazerus posted:

there's no particular evidence that he cared about the kind of blood purity that modern purebloods do. everything the reader is told about slytherin comes from biased sources that view slytherin, the man, through the lens of slytherin, the designated house for evil children
The dude did leave a basilisk lying around the school.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Who? Roko?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, no, I think I do in fact get to do that, just as much as I would with any other random Youtube comment grade angryblog. I think I will stop talking about it, though, because you're being kind of an rear end about this and I'm not willing to have an angry argument because you're pissed at Random Mediocre Fantasy Author #1234 and need a stand-in for the person you can't shout at personally.
I'd be just as annoyed if some rear end in a top hat told me I'm making poo poo up about random fantasy author 1235 / global warming / the weather outside, while pointedly refusing to get off his rear end and actually check for himself.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Slytherin, the rear end in a top hat, not Slytherin, the collection of assholes

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

which makes him a paranoid possibly evil weirdo, pretty par for the course as far as wizards go - that doesn't mean that blood purity was a thing in his era.

the basilisk will attack anybody if ordered, and won't attack anyone if not ordered, apparently. blood purity doesn't seem to factor in. wizard historians are terrible so there is no reliable historical record as to why the basilisk existed in the first place

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I seem to recall that the original Slytherin would only tale apprentices/students with two wizard parents, as well.

From Pottermore:

quote:

The term ‘pure-blood’ refers to a family or individual without Muggle (non-magic) blood. The concept is generally associated with Salazar Slytherin, one of the four founders of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, whose aversion to teaching anybody of Muggle parentage eventually led to a breach with his three fellow founders, and his resignation from the school.

It does go on to say that his view was unusual for the time. The usual stereotype among wizards in the Middle Ages was that the wizard child of two nonmagical parents tended to be unusually gifted, and that the purebred movement didn't become a thing until after witchhunting and the Statute of Secrecy drew Wizards and Muggles to separate.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 9, 2018

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

quote:

In times of old when I was new
And Hogwarts barely started
The founders of our noble school
Thought never to be parted:
United by a common goal,
They had the selfsame yearning,
To make the world’s best magic school
And pass along their learning.
“Together we will build and teach!”
The four good friends decided
And never did they dream that they
Might someday be divided,
For were there such friends anywhere
As Slytherin and Gryffindor?
Unless it was the second pair
Of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw?
So how could it have gone so wrong?
How could such friendships fail?
Why, I was there and so can tell
The whole sad, sorry tale.
Said Slytherin, “We’ll teach just those
Whose ancestry is purest.”

Said Ravenclaw, “We’ll teach those whose
Intelligence is surest.”
Said Gryffindor, “We’ll teach all those
With brave deeds to their name,”
Said Hufflepuff, “I’ll teach the lot,
And treat them just the same.”
These differences caused little strife
When first they came to light,
For each of the four founders had
A House in which they might
Take only those they wanted, so,
For instance, Slytherin
Took only pure-blood wizards
Of great cunning, just like him,

And only those of sharpest mind
Were taught by Ravenclaw
While the bravest and the boldest
Went to daring Gryffindor.
Good Hufflepuff, she took the rest,
And taught them all she knew,
Thus the Houses and their founders
Retained friendships firm and true.
So Hogwarts worked in harmony
For several happy years,
But then discord crept among us
Feeding on our faults and fears.
The Houses that, like pillars four,
Had once held up our school,
Now turned upon each other and,
Divided, sought to rule.
And for a while it seemed the school
Must meet an early end,
What with dueling and with fighting
And the clash of friend on friend
And at last there came a morning
When old Slytherin departed
And though the fighting then died out
He left us quite downhearted.
And never since the founders four
Were whittled down to three
Have the Houses been united
And they once were meant to be.
And now the Sorting Hat is here
And you all know the score:
I sort you into Houses
Because that is what I’m for,
But this year I’ll go further,
Listen closely to my song:
Though condemned I am to split you
Still I worry that it’s wrong,
Though I must fulfill my duty
And must quarter every year
Still I wonder whether sorting
May not bring the end I fear.
Oh, know the perils, read the signs,
The warning history shows,
For our Hogwarts is in danger
From external, deadly foes
And we must unite inside her
Or we’ll crumble from within.
I have told you, I have warned you…
Let the Sorting now begin.

The sorting hat said Slytherin was a blood purist and the hat was actually there. I think saying that the blood purity thing is new is another one of Rowling's retcons.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Epicurius posted:

I seem to recall that the original Slytherin would only tale apprentices/students with two wizard parents, as well.

From Pottermore:

It does go on to say that his view was unusual for the time. The usual stereotype among wizards in the Middle Ages was that the wizard child of two nonmagical parents tended to be unusually gifted, and that the purebred movement didn't become a thing until after witchhunting and the Statute of Secrecy drew Wizards and Muggles to separate.
Which is hilarious because it's canon that witch hunting only ever killed muggles and you'd think if the wizards had been like 'uh hey that's messed up, we're actually weirdly Christian wizards' you'd think things would have turned out a lot better.

Like is it really persecution if all the blows glance off the intended victim like feathers? It's even canon that some wizards developed a taste for being 'burned' and would deliberately incite witch trials so they could fake burn (while muggles were actually burning).

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

PetraCore posted:

Which is hilarious because it's canon that witch hunting only ever killed muggles
I think Fantastic Beasts tries to retcon this a bit but that movie was a loving mess in places.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
You have to think, though, that even if the witch hunts didn't succeed in killing any actual wizards, it probably was a strain on muggle/wizard relations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

OctaviusBeaver posted:

The sorting hat said Slytherin was a blood purist and the hat was actually there. I think saying that the blood purity thing is new is another one of Rowling's retcons.

Maybe the hat is an unreliable source.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Pvt.Scott posted:

Maybe the hat is an unreliable source.

If you can't believe a hat, who can you believe? Besides, did you read that song? That hat is in the middle of an existential crisis. It hates its job. It is doing what it was made to do, but for the first time, it's starting to doubt the reason for its existence. "Am I part of the problem?", it wonders. "I remember the dreams that the founders of Hogwarts had, and I was proud to be a part of it, but how could it have gone so wrong?", it asks, "Was it inevitable that a school founded by four people who had mutually exclusive ideas about the teaching of magic would turn into a place where we sort 11 year olds based on a talking hat's first impression of their personality and then encourage them to hate each other? And could that be wrong somehow?"

That hat is in pain, and its crying out the truth.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

the hat should have been a horcrux I mean come on

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Tunicate posted:

the hat should have been a horcrux I mean come on

It belonged to Gryffindor and Voldemort probably hated Protagonist House.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Xander77 posted:

I'd be just as annoyed if some rear end in a top hat told me I'm making poo poo up about random fantasy author 1235 / global warming / the weather outside, while pointedly refusing to get off his rear end and actually check for himself.
Dude, I've read the entire series, twice. If that doesn't qualify me for getting to have an opinion about it, nothing will. I'm not reading the entirety of some angry internet rando's line by line "critique" of every single individual chapter just because you want me to.

Epicurius posted:

You have to think, though, that even if the witch hunts didn't succeed in killing any actual wizards, it probably was a strain on muggle/wizard relations.
Honestly, that entire part of the setting just makes no sense as presented. Even the witch-hunters themselves apparently couldn't tell the difference between any random normal person off the street and someone with real, honest-to-goodness magical powers. There really can't have been much of any relations to strain, because for all intents and purposes, they would have had to be completely unaware that real magic even existed. Considering the kind of flashy light show most spellcasting involves, that really says a lot about just how little of any kind of interaction between the groups there would have had to be.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Xander77 posted:

well I mean you invented the idea that the white council is responsible for keeping all the supernatural poo poo in the world a secret, then blamed that misconception on the author loving up his worldbuilding, so intentional or not you're already on record as making poo poo up

I mean... I guess if you weren't reading attentively you could maybe misconstrue 'the wizard cops keep their extrajudicial killings of evil wizards off the books' as a blanket mandate of secrecy?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Tunicate posted:

I mean... I guess if you weren't reading attentively you could maybe misconstrue 'the wizard cops keep their extrajudicial killings of evil wizards off the books' as a blanket mandate of secrecy?
I actually meant "don't tell the world magic is real or we'll come for you" rather than "cover up every incidence of supernatural occurrences" but guess what:

quote:

I don’t talk to regular people about the White Council. It just isn’t done.

And, better and better, because White Council business was all hush-hush to nonwizards, I wouldn’t be able to explain to her why I was doing it. Further joy.

“No, it isn’t,” my double said quietly. “Concentrate on what you will do, not what you should have done. You’ve been trying to protect Murphy all along, instead of making her able to protect herself. She’s going to be fighting these kinds of things, Harry, and you won’t always be there to babysit her. Instead of trying to play shepherd, you need to play coach, and get her into shape to do what she needs to do.”

“But that means—”

“Telling her everything,” my double said. “The White Council, the Nevernever, all of it.”

“The Council won’t like it. If I tell her and they hear about it, they might consider her a security risk.”

“And if you don’t make her able to understand what she’s fighting, something’s going to eat her face some dark night. Murphy’s a big girl. The Council had better be careful if they decide to go messing with her.” My double considered Murphy for a moment. “You should ask her out sometime, too.”
So it's more along the lines of "the white council makes sure non-wizards don't find out about CERTAIN kinds of magical phenomena (like summoning circles), but we won't go into specific details".

As for Harry's issues with women... I mean, you could read a quick summary of the first book, even if you don't read blogs?

https://www.thefandomentals.com/storm-front-study-sexism

Butcher Harry Butcher has a huge freaking Madonna-Whore complex, all the women in the novel are neatly arranged along the spectrum and all the women who are in control / using their sexuality are evil and repulsive to Harry. Conversely, Harry really likes his damsels in distress, and (as a part of his bullying rear end in a top hat personality) is into playing weird psychological games to make sure he's in control. Last but not least, Butcher masturbates to female flesh being mutilated (the sex-murders, Liah getting her exposed breasts burned, Benn the FBI werewolf). Those are just the elements that I have a hard time imagining anyone denying in good faith after having read the books.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 10, 2018

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Xander77 posted:

I actually meant "don't tell the world magic is real or we'll come for you" rather than "cover up every incidence of supernatural occurrences" but guess what:
So it's more along the lines of "the white council makes sure non-wizards don't find out about CERTAIN kinds of magical phenomena (like summoning circles), but we won't go into specific details".

I haven't read the book, but the stuff you quoted seems to indicate that they don't have any specific rules about keeping magic secret, they just might, on a case by case basis, consider someone knowing too much to be a threat and react accordingly?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It belonged to Gryffindor and Voldemort probably hated Protagonist House.

IIRC it also sat on Dumbledore's shelf the other 364 days a year, so old Voldy probably couldn't get at it.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Xander77 posted:

Butcher Harry Butcher has a huge freaking Madonna-Whore complex, all the women in the novel are neatly arranged along the spectrum and all the women who are in control / using their sexuality are evil and repulsive to Harry. Conversely, Harry really likes his damsels in distress, and (as a part of his bullying rear end in a top hat personality) is into playing weird psychological games to make sure he's in control. Last but not least, Butcher masturbates to female flesh being mutilated (the sex-murders, Liah getting her exposed breasts burned, Benn the FBI werewolf). Those are just the elements that I have a hard time imagining anyone denying in good faith after having read the books.

really.

you have a hard time imagining how anyone could deny that the author masturbates to women being mutilated because of some uncomfortable gender politics in the book. in good faith.

Like you're not wrong that there's uncomfortable gender politics but dude you're taking this creepily far

Vvvv :lol:

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 10, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

IIRC it also sat on Dumbledore's shelf the other 364 days a year, so old Voldy probably couldn't get at it.

Yeah, good point. The sword and the hat are the only known relics of Gryffindor and you can argue that neither of them would be good candidates for a horcrux for various reasons.

Also that he did end up making a Gryffindor horcrux anyway.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Tiggum posted:

I haven't read the book, but the stuff you quoted seems to indicate that they don't have any specific rules about keeping magic secret, they just might, on a case by case basis, consider someone knowing too much to be a threat and react accordingly?

Specifically they keep things that any idiot could do without needing magical talent secret, because that poo poo's dangerous to everybody. No one needs some rear end in a top hat to summon the Crawling Chaos in downtown Manhattan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Xander77 posted:

all the women who are in control / using their sexuality are evil and repulsive to Harry.
I can't really think of any female characters who could be described in terms like that who aren't either literal sexual predators who eat people by raping them to death or otherwise so explicitly and unsettlingly inhuman in some way that you can barely even call them people, never even mind "women" in any kind of socioculturally meaningful sense. The books make a repeated clearly stated point of describing creatures like the fairy queens as at best natural forces with a superficial appearance of femininity. When the otherworldy embodiment of ice, death and cruelty propositions Harry by getting naked in public and glueing sparkles to her crotch, he isn't uncomfortable because she's an empowered and sexually liberated woman, he's uncomfortable because the immortal abomination from beyond the veil is trying to gain a degree of influence over him by making a calculated offer of sexual favours in an aggressive, overbearing and inappropriate way that only highlights how not human she is. It might come as a surprise to you, but most people are pretty uncomfortable with strangers exposing themselves to them. We call that "sexual harrassment," not "being in control of your sexuality."

I would point out that the same thing is true of the male characters, with (for example) the White King representing exactly the same kind of predatory, exploitative and abusive sexuality, because vampires are a 300-loving-years-old literary rape metaphor, but I expect you'll just call that more proof that Butcher is Literally Ted Bundy. God forbid that the gothic horror signature monsters be actually monstrous and horrifying or anything like that.

Anyway, there's a pretty clear and obvious difference between how Harry relates to the characters who he sees as actual women and the ones who he sees as monsters masquerading as people. Martha Liberty, Charity "I beat fairies to death with a loving sledgehammer" Carpenter and Warden Luccio aren't what I'd call "damsels in distress" by any measure, for one. The characters who are actual human beings also express a much more healthy sexuality involving things like "real relationships and mutual attraction," for the other. I'm not sure how you read a Madonna complex into that. Harry is certainly unhappy about it when Murphy has a casual sexual affair with Kincaid, but that's because he has romantic feelings for her himself and feels jealous, not because of the type of "soiled purity" notion that is typical for actual Madonna/Whore complexes.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 10, 2018