Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Army Rangers are better. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

g0lbez posted:

Wait that leaving shoes thing next to poor kids was a joke right

yeah. chicago cops woul dnever do poo poo like that

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

g0lbez posted:

I can't get mad about some dude stealing a bike getting caught whether it was planted or not. gently caress bike thieves

In the past 2 months in my city there's been several nasty muggings and one shooting over bikes. If I could make every bike theif shoot themselves in the head with a thought I'd do it and wouldn't even feel guilty about it.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I'm glad most of the comments are making GBS threads all over this.

"Hey kids, WAR IS SO COOL AND FUN."

f_c_
Oct 27, 2007

This insane desire for decency and equality will be the death of western civilization

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

f_c_ posted:

This insane desire for decency and equality will be the death of western civilization

its not really decency and equality but more dont be mean to white people when you call them out for inequality and indecency

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Fashionable Jorts posted:

They have to do a lot of decoy cars at the local universities in the city due to huge amounts of break-ins and car thefts. If you're stealing from university students, you deserve immediate execution.

sounds good to me, now to kill about 90% of every college's administrators

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

DrPossum posted:

gently caress

bike theft is a special kind of loving theft because if you're going to take my loving adult bike you're probably big enough to ride it and old enough to know you're making me walk the gently caress home from there

leaving shoes near poor kids is insanely cruel and heartless because I'd argue shoes are an essential good. if i was a poor kid who was from a family couldn't afford decent shoes that fit you better loving believe i'd steal the first loving unattended boxed pair I saw, Nikes or otherwise. and gently caress anyone who says they should have just tried to steal less expensive shoes

ok back to my job of slashing up designer clothes we're throwing out so the homeless don't wear them

You steal an unlocked bike parked up against a tree you're stealing from another person which is hosed up. You steal a pair of new in box Nikes off the back of a truck you're stealing from Nike and they got insurance on that poo poo anyways.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Bike Mugging Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Bike Away From The Mugger Like Nigga Ride Your Bicycle Haha

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I love to be advertised with homophobic slurs and mangled references to making gently caress. Tonight I drink BRAND NAME FLUIDS.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Insert your gay drink right into my butt nooowwwww

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What was his doctorate in again?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

What was his doctorate in again?

Not marketing, apparently

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

World War Mammories posted:

sounds good to me, now to kill about 90% of every college's administrators

I realized it could be interpreted that way half way through what I was typing, and I 100% support that version.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zza3GqEL5B0

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Winning wars since 1775, lol. The US hasn’t seen an actual victory since Japan in 1945.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Opening the pandora's box of nuclear weapons is a pretty pyrrhic victory.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
QR codes are used for all my fast food reward programs, like subway and burrito palace. They are very common, and are just a loving barcode. I’ve never evaluated the social worth of a 2d vs 3d bar code.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ferroque posted:

Opening the pandora's box of nuclear weapons is a pretty pyrrhic victory.

Japan surrendered because Russia declared war on them and they knew they would have to fight across two enormous land borders. And they knew that if they were occupied by Russians, they would get payback for the preceding 20 years of rape and pillage they had inflicted on their Russian territories. So they chose to surrender to the Americans to get the preferable occupiers, the nuclear bombs were peripheral to their concerns.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/1026469763097260032

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Burt Sexual posted:

QR codes are used for all my fast food reward programs, like subway and burrito palace. They are very common, and are just a loving barcode. I’ve never evaluated the social worth of a 2d vs 3d bar code.

This is why you're not an influencer.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The Skeleton King posted:

Winning wars since 1775, lol. The US hasn’t seen an actual victory since Japan in 1945.

Desert Storm.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

at this point Facebook is really the social media equivalent of "too big too fail" which I guess is why they're blatantly doing poo poo like this now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

thatguy posted:

hold on lemme set up this sting and pay cops to sit around waiting for somebody to steal this *checks notes* broken down 1991 chevy cavalier

Remember when cops did a "sting" at a strip club to see if Stormy Daniels would touch them

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
someone prove me wrong with statistics saying facebook use is spiraling down recently so I can feel good about something please

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Remember when cops did a "sting" at a strip club to see if Stormy Daniels would touch them

I loving hate cops lol but putting a cheesecake in front of a butterball isn't a crime against humanity

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/_AndyGriff/status/1026759233042169856?s=19

Capitalism means I dont have to pay workers minimum wage OR interact with people ever again!

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

g0lbez posted:

at this point Facebook is really the social media equivalent of "too big too fail" which I guess is why they're blatantly doing poo poo like this now

Maybe, but if they go away like myspace I'm worried that the Next Big Thing in social media will continue facebook's tradition. Big data is just a fact of life now.

Also:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/05/facebook-building-8-explored-data-sharing-agreement-with-hospitals.html

quote:

Facebook was in talks with top hospitals and other medical groups as recently as last month about a proposal to share data about the social networks of their most vulnerable patients.

The idea was to build profiles of people that included their medical conditions, information that health systems have, as well as social and economic factors gleaned from Facebook.

Facebook said the project is on hiatus so it can focus on "other important work, including doing a better job of protecting people's data."

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Oscar Wild posted:

https://twitter.com/_AndyGriff/status/1026759233042169856?s=19

Capitalism means I dont have to pay workers minimum wage OR interact with people ever again!

good.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

EvilJoven posted:

If I could make every bike theif shoot themselves in the head with a thought I'd do it and wouldn't even feel guilty about it.

"bikes worth more than people" in the capitalism thread, spicy

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Skeleton King posted:

*defense contractor counting stacks of money laughing* "sure, whatever"

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

:whitewater:

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Someone finally figured out how to make money off homeless people noice

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
They figured it out before, Homeless Roaming HotSpots, but people got upset about it for some reason.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Desert Storm.

Yes, we certainly "won" Desert Storm.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We're good at winning fights, it's the occupying we're terrible at.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Cacafuego posted:

There’s a documentary on Netflix based on the book that someone else referenced here earlier “Command and Control” and they interview the guy that dropped the wrench. It’s pretty scary how close we’ve come to bombing ourselves several times, not to mention how many times we’ve accidentally dropped nuclear/hydrogen bombs all over the world that by a stroke of luck managed to not explode at their full force.

I live thirty miles away from This Lil Guy

quote:

Excavation of the second bomb was abandoned as a result of uncontrollable ground-water flooding. Most of the thermonuclear stage, containing uranium and plutonium, was left in place, but the "pit", or core, of the bomb had been dislodged and was removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

g0lbez posted:

Someone finally figured out how to make money off homeless people noice

What's the percentage cut for these companies?