Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thin Privilege posted:

Needed a new bookshelf so I went to IKEA. BILLY used to be 50 lb but it’s now 80 lb. Some random dude helped me get it in my car but now I can’t get it to my apartment myself. I’m gonna ask if one of the maintenance guys can help me but there’s no guarantee they will help me. Maybe they can at least put the elevator on hold so I can sloooowly carry this stupid thing. I can easily lift 50 lbs but 80 is a bit much currently cause I haven’t lifted at the gym for a long time.

On the plus side I love my car cause it’s a hatchback so I could fit these giant rear end boxes in it easily.

Same but my weights are 275 and 350

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

oldpainless posted:

Same but my weights are 275 and 350

I used to do some crazy high weight for my size in deadlifts and squats. :smith:

I’m probably gonna go to bed now instead of the gyme. What’s a gyme?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I ate a large serving of chili cheese fries and 2 beers and now I feel terrible and hate myself.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I had a picture of the schedule before it was officially posted, and thought I opened this morning. I'm supposed to work at 3, not 8.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The hospital pod I have to clean has four isolations and one of them is for bed bugs :gonk: just one isolation is a pain in the rear end but this is a poo poo show.

The FW part comes in because it's a stat holiday and I'm in a union now, so I'm getting double time and a half today

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Another FWP I keep thinking Netflix has Scrubs but it never does

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I thought I had a bottle of tea in the fridge but apparently I drank the whole thing and I didn’t turn on my hot water boiler so it’s gonna be at least 20 min before I can make tea. I guess I could microwave it but the taste isn’t the same and I can’t run both at once because my house has very bad wiring and it’ll blow the circuit breaker.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I never seem to have a mixing bowl that’s big enough.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have to work six days this week!

Which gives me a three-day weekend next BUT STILL.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

HOLY gently caress posted:

I never seem to have a mixing bowl that’s big enough.

There's a rachel ray brand melamine "garbage bowl" that is excellent for mixing and i use it for everything because it is giant and has a non slip ring on the bottom. It probably holds a gallon or more.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

I have to work six days this week!

Which gives me a three-day weekend next BUT STILL.

Same! And I think they’re mad at me cause I’m gonna come in an hour late cause of a doctors appointment even through someone said they’d cover for that hour.

E: oh and it’s on the guy if he leaves cause he said he’d cover so they can’t yell at me (they will but I’m gonna remind them that its not my fault )

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 05:57 on Aug 9, 2018

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm about to start day four of eight work days in a row.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I always have Sundays and Mondays off, although next week I'm taking Tuesday and Wednesday off as well due to minor surgery on Tues because this summer has been insanely busy and we're all super exhausted, especially me because I'm really sick right now. I was looking forward to my 4 day weekend, but they scheduled me for Monday! I haven't worked a Monday in almost 2 years!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I don't work any days right now! :downs:

I had a job interview today, and I think it went really well but I'm afraid to talk about it or I might jinx it, and all day long I've been thinking up answers I should have said to some of the interview questions. :doh:

I have another potential job opportunity at another place, where I would actually prefer to work, but it really depends on whether or not senior management decides to go ahead with a certain project, and my contact asked me not to talk about it until he gets the go ahead. I think I'm going to turn into a giant neutron star of anxiety if I don't hear back from someone, literally anyone, about a job this week. It's even more stressful because some of my former coworkers got hired at some places I applied to, and oh god I'm terrible and unemployable aren't I.. :ohdear:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My alarm is so annoying and that’s worked so far to wake me up, though I have to set multiple alarms to actually get me to wake up cause I hit stop/snooze a lot; but, in the past few days I’ve just been literally shutting off my phone to stop the drat thing. I have to wake up today to move my car cause of street cleaning. This wouldn’t normally be an issue but they’re supposedly “repairing” cement or some poo poo on my garage—and I haven’t seen them doing poo poo other than put up signs— for a week so, while I have an actual parking spot in the city, I have to park on the street like a POOR PERSON. I’m obviously joking, I got this spot craaaaawwzy cheap cause it was a foreclosure and it’s the worst spot in the garage but whateves about that part. But I guess that’s a FWP as well: I have the worst spot in the garage.

Ugh my eyes are so puffy I look like a crack head and I can’t wake up but I have to move my car ughhhhhh gently caress you city I don’t even know wtf you’re cleaning.

This is probably incomprehensible due to my being so incredibly tired. Oh also I have poorly treated insomnia but I’m tired of going to doctors because of a) American doctor/medicine costs and b) I’m think I’m starting to look like a drug addict to everyone, doctors included, cause I have to take so much. Sorry I’m super sick, guys!

E: it really sucks to be told you’re probably lying by a doctor when you’re telling them literal symptoms that you’re having. And then having to pay minimum $75 copay for being told this.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 12:28 on Aug 9, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The office got a bunch of free lunch for the team, but almost nobody came in today because of two different functions happening on the same day. I've been eating pizza and sandwiches all day, and now I have to try to bring home a shitload of leftovers.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
This morning, when barely awake in that daze of gotta pee and wake up, my mom told me she found an empty chicken styrofoam sleeve in the backyard. And then a full one, with drumsticks, which we don't buy. Also in the backyard, like someone had chucked it over the fence. Thankfully the dogs were inside due to the monsoon last night, but now I'm loving paranoid someone was trying to poison our dogs or some thief is trying to case the place.

It wasn't that windy last night. The empty sleeve possibly blew in from garbage cans, but a full 10 pounds of thawing rotten drumsticks did not. Also there were NO ants on the package, so for being out overnight, that is freaking wrong.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I was indecisive on buying a sweater at this concert and then decided to get it cause it’s cold but they ran out of small and even medium.

Also the opening band sucks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was supposed to hear back about a job last week but I haven't heard anything.

They'll get back to me and I know they will call the people that don't get it first.
So the longer it takes, the better.

BUT I WANT TO KNOOOOOW

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Someone broke the bluetooth speaker I bought for work on my day off because I was nice and let others use it when I wasn't there. So I had to buy a new one because I'm too stubborn to listen to the radio. Radio sucks.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I forgot to wet the toothbrush before brushing today

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Update on my concert sweater issue: I got there on the second night early enough for them to have them in stock! So I got one.

...but it was $100 (that’s bad :( )

...but it’s super nice and embroidered! (That’s good!)

...but it contains potassium benzoate (that’s bad)

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Fall semester is starting which means all the coffeeshop conservatives are coming back.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

Update on my concert sweater issue: I got there on the second night early enough for them to have them in stock! So I got one.

...but it was $100 (that’s bad :( )

...but it’s super nice and embroidered! (That’s good!)

...but it contains potassium benzoate (that’s bad)

I want to know more about this hundred-dollar concert sweater.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Pastry of the Year posted:

I want to know more about this hundred-dollar concert sweater.

What do you want to know, shrimp plate?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

What do you want to know, shrimp plate?

Everything! I've never heard of sweaters being sold at concerts.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Maybe it's a sweatshirt and they are just calling it a sweater.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

What kinds of concerts are you going to? Do you live in some super hot state? I have a million sweaters from concerts. Mostly zipper ones but they always sell regular sweaters. The super thick ones, not like some woven poo poo.

Aleph Null posted:

Maybe it's a sweatshirt and they are just calling it a sweater.

Not a sweatshirt. An actual sweater.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:10 on Aug 16, 2018

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

What kinds of concerts are you going to? Do you live in some super hot state?

Yeah, I've always lived in hot or hot-adjacent states. I've only ever seen t-shirts at merch tables!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thin Privilege posted:

What kinds of concerts are you going to? Do you live in some super hot state? I have a million sweaters from concerts. Mostly zipper ones but they always sell regular sweaters. The super thick ones, not like some woven poo poo.

Not a sweatshirt. An actual sweater.

What kind of bands are you seeing? I have never seen anything like that at metal shows, but Nightwish had scarves.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I've been to a Coldplay concert when their second album came out and there were only t-shirts. It was in a venue that had about 20,000 people.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The gently caress? Only tshirts??

You people are going to some terrible shows. This one had vinyls of the album too! I have no reason to have one so I didn’t get it but I got a :krad: keychain and I’ve gotten pins and stuff too at other shows.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Aug 16, 2018

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
93 degree day + no cloud coverage + black car + faux leather seats + wearing shorts = THIGHS OF FIRE

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Thin Privilege posted:

I lived in Memphis for 30 years, so yes, super hot. A quarter inch of snow shuts down the entire city.

We'd get T-shirts, windbreakers, and hoodies if we were lucky. Hats, too, though, so many hats.

Sweaters at a concert are just... weird to me. I don't even remember seeing sweaters at the Billy Joel / Elton John concert.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What kind of bands are you seeing? I have never seen anything like that at metal shows, but Nightwish had scarves.

I went to a show that had decorative knives and flasks, and you think that would be a bad idea for a concert but I think because the audience was mostly bloated weekend Goths it wasn't such an issue as you'd think

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
One time I bought a combination lighter/bottle opener with the band's logo on it at a show, and it ran out of fuel a week later. I've seen bands selling jackets, hoodies, thermals, button-down shirts, even a couple thrifted suits from Goodwill. One band even had ashtrays. Never sweaters.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

cash crab posted:

I went to a show that had decorative knives and flasks, and you think that would be a bad idea for a concert but I think because the audience was mostly bloated weekend Goths it wasn't such an issue as you'd think

So, also Nightwish?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I GOT A NEW JOB

and

I'M SCARED

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Just got back from camp. I'm super tanned, which is unusual for me (I have extremely light skin so I usually burn myself before I get tanned). Now I have weird tan lines (always wore shorts + a t-shirt, plus an activity tracker on my left wirst), and I don't have any makeup that matches my tanned skin colour :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I stayed up until 3 AM last night playing Breath of the Wild. I'm tired.