Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

IDK but "Frasier, but in Vietnam" sounds hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

barbecue at the folks posted:

Good Morning Vietnam 2: I'm Listening

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
All you need is a foxhole with multiple entrances and exits and you've got yourself an episode!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

It's a god drat shame Robin Williams is dead because imagine his cameo on this show

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

It's a god drat shame Robin Williams is dead because imagine his cameo on this show

I dunno, Williams did a cameo in Friends and it was loving terrible.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

spog posted:

I dunno, Williams did a cameo in Friends and it was loving terrible.

Yeah, what was that about?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Is k.gram's new netflix movie with k.bell any good

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Foreskin Problems posted:

Yeah, what was that about?

Supposedly him and Billy Crystal were near the set filming that two dads movie and the FRIENDS people had them drop unannounced on scene to see how the FRIENDS would react

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
how is this thread 71 pages long? also this made me google kelsey grammar and his family is cursed.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

humpthewind posted:

how is this thread 71 pages long? also this made me google kelsey grammar and his family is cursed.

Frasier is a show that is timeless and also hilarious

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

humpthewind posted:

LE CIGARE VOLANT!

.....and Perry Gilpin as O

edit: Peri

BMS fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 9, 2018

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

BMS posted:

LE CIGARE VOLANT!

.....and Perry Gilpin as O

Who?

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Peri Gilpin. Phone auto corrected and I didn't catch it, sorry.

Unless you meant O. Then it's from the episode where Niles hosted a Halloween party at his apartment and all the guests dressed up as their favorite literary character. The Story of O is an erotic novel and Roz dressed as that character, for context.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

BMS posted:

Unless you meant O. Then it's from the episode where Niles hosted a Halloween party at his apartment and all the guests dressed up as their favorite literary character. The Story of O is an erotic novel and Roz dressed as that character, for context.

You simp

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

BMS posted:

oh

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

humpthewind posted:

Frasier is a fun show that you can watch without expending a vast amount of mental or emotional energy. TV's new golden age is a glorious thing but some of us just get loving tired sometimes. Also it has aged like a fine wine. You aren't cringing and reminding yourself that 20 years ago was a different time constantly. The parts that are very of their time are funny, like the suits they wear.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BMS posted:

post the pic or gtfo (get the gently caress out)

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

BMS posted:

LE CIGARE VOLANT!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

post the pic or gtfo (get the gently caress out)

Oddly, by today's standards she's dressed very conservatively.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BMS posted:

I do kinda love that Roz chose that, and not just for the outfit. It's a reference that I'm pretty sure no one gets but her and the Crane boys.

If it took place a few years later you'd probably have some Harry Potter characters.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Frasier is like many Victorian farces, you can enjoy the action despite it being from a while back because the scripts just are that good and the basic setup and staging is timeless. Also the cast is poo poo hot at physical comedy.

Unlike, say, Seinfeld which had aged horribly and suffers from the "none of this would be a problem if they had CELL PHONES drat IT" phenomenon that makes watching a pain.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

humpthewind posted:

how is this thread 71 pages long?

because the periodic reappearance of the fraiser thread in current-build GBS is a salve to the soul during these trying times

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Frasier is like many Victorian farces, you can enjoy the action despite it being from a while back because the scripts just are that good and the basic setup and staging is timeless. Also the cast is poo poo hot at physical comedy.

Unlike, say, Seinfeld which had aged horribly and suffers from the "none of this would be a problem if they had CELL PHONES drat IT" phenomenon that makes watching a pain.

Romeo and Juliet wouldn't be a problem if they had had cell phones

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

BMS posted:

Any old excuse to post this

:quagmire:

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Both are pretty good and have aged well in their own ways??

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

:shuckyes:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

idk if I would describe 'the story of O' as an erotic novel per se

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Romeo and Juliet wouldn't be a problem if they had had cell phones

It's about teenagers, I'm sure they'd find a way to make it ten times worse.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Any old excuse to post this

:quagmire:

That is pretty restrained honestly.

I swear every time Daphne goes on a tangent and Frasier does the 'holy poo poo shes crazy' eye roll I just laugh every loving time.

E: "She thinks she's psychic. We've decided to find it charming."

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Aug 9, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I do find it funny that Daphne senses an evil presence when Lilith comes over, but gets along perfectly fine with Lilith herself.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do find it funny that Daphne senses an evil presence when Lilith comes over, but gets along perfectly fine with Lilith herself.

Watching Cheers I can understand why they're scared of her but in her appearances in Frasier she is always polite and cordial

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Calaveron posted:

Watching Cheers I can understand why they're scared of her but in her appearances in Frasier she is always polite and cordial

She even said hi to Eddy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And I love the ep where the dean of the fancy exclusive school decides to let Freddy into the school because he realises otherwise he's never going to be rid of Frasier and Lilith's shenanigans.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And I love the ep where the dean of the fancy exclusive school decides to let Freddy into the school because he realises otherwise he's never going to be rid of Frasier and Lilith's shenanigans.

Do I SOUND flexible??

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's like, an ordinary person realises that they're in the plot of a sitcom, and the only way out is to give the characters what they want while ensuring he remains as nothing but a background detail of their lives.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

She's my goth queen

*Pretend I remixed Trap Queen and made it goth queen, and it's all about how much I love Lilith*

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man so far in Cheers Frasier and Lilith made for an extremely good marriage

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Is k.gram's new netflix movie with k.bell any good

I watched it recently. For a free Netflix movie it's well acted but be prepared for a two hour long ad about how great Royal Caribbean cruises are.

Also Kelsey Grammer smokes :420: at one point which may or may not have been part of the script.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Speaking of Kelsey Grammer, I just watched Pentagon Wars and everyone should watch that movie if you haven't seen it, it's loving great stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

WampaLord posted:

Speaking of Kelsey Grammer, I just watched Pentagon Wars and everyone should watch that movie if you haven't seen it, it's loving great stuff.

It is a documentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA