Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muninn
Dec 29, 2008

bonds0097 posted:

I would prefer plasma purely based on the range.

Not sure where you're getting the second thing from. All the plasma weapons in the game say the same thing, bearer is taken out of action after shots are resolved. Where do you see otherwise?

I'm at work so I don't have access to the manual, but I know the Tau's ion rifle says they receive a mortal wound (as with regular 40K) rather than going straight to out of action. However, I also bought the solo version of the manual, and I've noticed some differences between my copy the one that comes in the box. I'm wondering if that's one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SRM posted:

nah it's because I don't want Busch to end up all over my minis like that dude who spilled vodka diet Pepsi on my Ultras at Adepticon

my brain is also too smooth to play The Perfect Game: A Template For Success again

Sounds like cowardice to me

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

SRM posted:

Dude had a large bottle of each and a novelty travel mug with some Space Marine Legion's logo on it. He would fill it up with 1:1 of both throughout the course of the day.

That loving owns

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

Who's a good boy?

:dogcited:

gently caress, tiny titans are going to derail all of my other projects. I still have things to finish for NOVA. :negative:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

SRM posted:

nah it's because I don't want Busch to end up all over my minis like that dude who spilled vodka diet Pepsi on my Ultras at Adepticon

What was Pepsi vodka man playing? This is important.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

What was Pepsi vodka man playing? This is important.

Going out on a limb with this one: Space Wolves.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I supose the FW Warhounds are just big enough for AT. (The ones that were way bigger than their metal counterparts.)

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What the gently caress? Did he compensate you?

SRM was allowed to quaff from The Mug.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Muninn posted:

I'm at work so I don't have access to the manual, but I know the Tau's ion rifle says they receive a mortal wound (as with regular 40K) rather than going straight to out of action. However, I also bought the solo version of the manual, and I've noticed some differences between my copy the one that comes in the box. I'm wondering if that's one of them.

Ion Rifles are not plasma. All the plasma weapons (i.e. weapons with the word 'plasma' in the name) use the same out of action rule on unmodified 1s.

I suspect you are mistaken about there being differences between books given that they are all the same SKU. They did not print two different versions of the book AFAIK.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

koreban posted:

Going out on a limb with this one: Space Wolves.
WELCOME TO THE FANG, PUP. SIT DOWN AND REGALE US WITH ONE OF YOUR SAGAS.
* quaffs mjød through his beard *

Mjød is apparently pepsi and vodka. :ms:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Hustlin Floh posted:

The best part is that Panascope's army is basically training wheels for 30k, yet still unconquerable for poorly-shaded black hovertanks

Ok if you’re throwin flames like this then you need to come to LVO

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

General Olloth posted:

The exocrine I got showed up in a white CITADEL box.

One just showed up today at my FLGS in the retail Haruspex box. GW is weird.

Edit: I want to go to Nova and Ham with the big boys but I'll be at Dragon Con instead :'(

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 8, 2018

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

mango sentinel posted:

One just showed up today at my FLGS in the retail Haruspex box. GW is weird.

I continue to appreciate your posts.

Edit: Oh poo poo Dragon Con has a 40k tourney? Who else is coming down to my sad little gaming world? Maybe we can meet up and slam hams, etc.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 8, 2018

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

SRM was allowed to quaff from The Mug.

It's why I lost my hair

Also isn't LVO run by Reece and the Frontline crew? I don't want to give them my money.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SRM posted:

It's why I lost my hair

Also isn't LVO run by Reece and the Frontline crew? I don't want to give them my money.

It’s okay to be scared my friend :)

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Corrode posted:

He's from one of the very casual clubs we have in the area. They're nice dudes but not very competitive players.

Cool, that's more my speed too but my local meta leans competitive and spends what feels like half the year in Buckeye and Gencon prep so my Nids have had to adapt.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

against all odds i finished another model

Hixson posted:

and a group shot

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Hixson posted:

That paintjob looks so badass, what model is it?

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
Dang those paint jobs really do the models justice, those are especially sexy blade slaves

Yep definitely stumbled across your Instagram the other day, so much goodness

tqilamknbrd fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 9, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MasterSlowPoke posted:

They didn't. The whole kit was redone from scratch.

That's kind of what I meant by recut, but I realized that makes it sound like they are just modifying it rather than a complete redo of the kit.

But yea, Carnis and Destroyers are pretty common and popular army choices, so them not being in stores because of low sales doesn't make sense. It does surprise me that the majority of the codexes that have been released have not been accompanied by new models. Before all codexes had at least a few new models.

Maybe all their focus for minis is in AoS right now?

Hixson posted:

His face being eyeless makes him look really unsettling. That's so cool.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Hixson posted:

The spine hole is a nice touch.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Ah, poo poo, goons: eBay has another 15% off coupon: PRONTO15

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

You have just under 2 and a half hours from this post to use it (10pm PST).

Got my Dark Imperium Primaris half shipped for just under $80 earlier this afternoon. It's really hard to compare the $35 HQ single figs versus the value on the big boxes.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Black_Nexus posted:

That paintjob looks so badass, what model is it?

Gal Vorbak! https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Word-Bearers-Legion-Gal-Vorbak

Those models blow the normal possessed out of the water.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Got Kill Team for like $95 shipped, was hoping to wait til after NOVA but you can't beat that price.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any advice for using an airbrush on a satin varnish? I'm going to try liquitex satin on my dudes and would really like to not ruin them.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Eifert Posting posted:

Anyone have any advice for using an airbrush on a satin varnish? I'm going to try liquitex satin on my dudes and would really like to not ruin them.

1. Turn on airbrush compressor and set it to about 18psi.
2. Put varnish in airbrush
3. Spray on something that isn't a lovingly painted miniature
4. If it's not working correctly, add thinner/water/flow improver, and go to 3.

(You really can't go wrong with Vallejo Flow Improver.)

If you wanna go all professional-like, take notes of what worked for you.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Black_Nexus: Its a Word Bearers Gal Vorbak from Forge World

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That reminds me I always am skeptical of the painting vids were they just spray the citadel basecoats directly onto the models. I'm like Uh, thats fine for models that are going to just sit on a shelf and barely touched, but I am not going to not prime them basecoat with the sprays.

I have to admit, the coloured sprays are great, made my marines a lot easier to paint. I'm going to have to get the Retributer Armor at some point if i want to do my custodes or my 1k sons.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
How's pushing dullcote with an airbrush? Is it worth doing or better off just buying cans?

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Liquitex satin is plenty thin to spray at 18-20 psi right out of the bottle iirc. If you do it in a couple thin coats and make sure there is no pooling it is very hard to gently caress up priming with an airbrush.

( Assuming you clean your airbrush well afterwards. Varnish is just as resilient inside your airbrush as on the model. A full teardown and a pipe cleaner brush through the middle probably isn't overkill after spraying varnish.)

Trying it on something else first is still good advice though.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Mikey Purp posted:

How's pushing dullcote with an airbrush? Is it worth doing or better off just buying cans?
Testors' Flat works great for me, I would never go back to using cans personally. You just have to spray it when the air is dry and cut it with a little thinner.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Mikey Purp posted:

Airbrushing varnish is just so much faff when you can use a rattlecan. Army Painter Matt is rebranded Dullcote and excellent..

If you do choose to airbrush your varnish remember to thin with care. Over-thin it and you will lose the matt effect.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
I can't decide, banner or no banner? Please help.

Black Templars Emperor's Champion, for kill team.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
It's just my personal view that banners are kinda dumb, save for ancients, where they make sense

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Keep the flag

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Felime posted:

Liquitex satin is plenty thin to spray at 18-20 psi right out of the bottle iirc. If you do it in a couple thin coats and make sure there is no pooling it is very hard to gently caress up priming with an airbrush.

( Assuming you clean your airbrush well afterwards. Varnish is just as resilient inside your airbrush as on the model. A full teardown and a pipe cleaner brush through the middle probably isn't overkill after spraying varnish.)

Trying it on something else first is still good advice though.

Yeah I've done it with the matte, and you absolutely need to tear down your brush afterwards.

Anyone have any problems with VMA getting clogged in their Badger 105? I had a bitch of a time getting it to spray consistently whereas my Badger primers flowed great.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Red Herring posted:

Bro definitely needs a banner.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

That reminds me I always am skeptical of the painting vids were they just spray the citadel basecoats directly onto the models. I'm like Uh, thats fine for models that are going to just sit on a shelf and barely touched, but I am not going to not prime them basecoat with the sprays.

I have to admit, the coloured sprays are great, made my marines a lot easier to paint. I'm going to have to get the Retributer Armor at some point if i want to do my custodes or my 1k sons.

The Citadel sprays contain solvents (acetone in those specifically, IIRC), meaning they 'bite' into the plastic the same way that a spray on primer will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Red Herring posted:

Always banners.