Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
So there's still hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Excited to finally get them in English in 2025

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Tae posted:

Kondo hinted in an interview that the Crossbell games might be ported to the PS4.

I will buy a PS4 if this happens (and XSeed localizes them)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Better hope the ps5 has backwards compatibility

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

God bless whoever put down "A Kiseki Harem for Mishy!" for the shipping question.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
The issue with the PS4 ports would be that they'd still be the result of several Japanese 3rd parties, just like the Evolution games, meaning too much of a legal nightmare for the west to get. Kondo already mentioned Falcom wasn't gonna do any more ports in-house.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
When we speak of PS4 ports, are we thinking of getting the isometric view/sprite character versions of Crossbell over or full-on re-design to fit the same aesthetic of Cold Steel I/II Kai: Thors Military Academy 1204/Erebonian Civil War?

because i have the tiny hope for for 3d zero/ao

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You're thinking of a remake. No one thinks a port is a remake.

If anything, Falcom is losing a lot of potential money by not already having the Trails trilogy on the Switch.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Shoot, just having them all in one place would be worth another purchase to me (my path with the games now being PSP->PSN on Vita->Steam). The tantalizing possibility of getting Crossbell would just be a bonus.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

99.4% Celceta map completion :negative:

I don't see any obvious blurry spots I can rub my face against, either.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Really Pants posted:

99.4% Celceta map completion :negative:

I don't see any obvious blurry spots I can rub my face against, either.

Yeah you're just gonna have to rub your face against every wall to get all those random pixels of map. Welcome to the fun of 100%ing Celceta's map!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh hey, the final dungeon counts toward map percentage.

I object. No one's going to need that mapped.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This is a profoundly dumb question (given that I'm already 10 hours into it), but how do you get a pet in Zwei 1 in the Steam release? I've had "(not present)" for the entire duration of the game. Presumably there is no danger of me not being equipped to finish the game but I'd take anything I can get in terms of help.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

This is a profoundly dumb question (given that I'm already 10 hours into it), but how do you get a pet in Zwei 1 in the Steam release? I've had "(not present)" for the entire duration of the game. Presumably there is no danger of me not being equipped to finish the game but I'd take anything I can get in terms of help.

I can't remember the specific name of the place but there's a place on the map with a well and a tent. I think there's a rope in the tent. Use the rope on the well. You can do this right at the beginning of the game.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It is indeed a profoundly small and specific part of the map where the well is. I wonder how much I missed in terms of leveling it up; I remember in the pre-Steam release I got that cat leveled up a fair amount. That said it feels like the bosses have gone down about s quickly as they did before so presumably it did not make a huge difference.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
After a few months away I'm trying to finish up Trails 3rd. In chapter 8 and doing the remaining doors.
This game was pretty solid and it's probably mostly my own fatigue but I felt pretty bored at times with this one. Maybe I just didn't give it enough attention.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pegnose Pete posted:

After a few months away I'm trying to finish up Trails 3rd. In chapter 8 and doing the remaining doors.
This game was pretty solid and it's probably mostly my own fatigue but I felt pretty bored at times with this one. Maybe I just didn't give it enough attention.

I had a similar issue some of the doors are fine but the protagonists are not great.

Especially poor Ries.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you can't spell friendship without R-I-E-S, qed

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Really Pants posted:

you can't spell friendship without R-I-E-S, qed

I just wish she did something.

That isn’t just fretting over Kevin.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ries does lots of things??

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Ries does lots of things??

Name one that doesn’t revolve around Kevin.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

she has good dynamics with Estelle, Tita, Renne, Anelace, Gilbert, and the Lord of Phantasma imho

plus I think "fussing" sells it short when she's willing to stare down giant helldemons and etc.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Really Pants posted:

she has good dynamics with Estelle, Tita, Renne, Anelace, Gilbert, and the Lord of Phantasma imho

plus I think "fussing" sells it short when she's willing to stare down giant helldemons and etc.

I honestly don’t remember her even interacting with the cast outside the most generic sense.

She dunks on Gilbert I guess but so does everyone.

That aside it doesn’t change that despite being a protagonist she doesn’t do much.

It’s Kevin story so even calling her a protagonist feels wrong. I thought we were going to get a door for her or something.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 6, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

She had a good interaction with Renne when Renne was having a tantrum.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Yeah Ries hasn’t done anything to really offend me but not much to endear me to her either. I really didn’t use her except for the chapters where I had to though. Some of the doors are pretty good but like I really don’t care enough to read a bunch of text boxes about Pater Mater or a newspaper article about maybe who Bleublanc is. This probably makes me a bad Trails fan.

I enjoyed the game for the most part honestly tracking down the characters was pretty engaging honestly and learning more about Kevin. But the exposition dumps where they talk about what Phantasma is I actually found myself zoning out a bit.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ries likes eating. That is her Personality Trait. She is "the character who likes eating, which is funny for some reason."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Ries likes eating. That is her Personality Trait. She is "the character who likes eating, which is funny for some reason."

It also rarely comes up outside the prologue

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Ytlaya posted:

Totally forgot about this. I think my brain conflated the Ries food thing with the Anelace cute thing.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Pegnose Pete posted:

Some of the doors are pretty good but like I really don’t care enough to read a bunch of text boxes about Pater Mater or a newspaper article about maybe who Bleublanc is. This probably makes me a bad Trails fan.

Perhaps. :cheeky: I found it pretty interesting to learn that the "difficulties with its control system" that Joshua referred to in SC came down to test subjects for the "linking" procedure all either died, slipped into a catatonia or went insane with the exception of Renne, who had a twisted defense mechanism against the side effects, which foreshadows some elements from Star Door 15. The Bleublanc Door did a nice job explaining his obsession with Kloe.

Ytlaya posted:

It's her most memorable trait. Her most prominent trait is her sheer bluntness and how open she is with her opinions, which serves as a contrast to Kevin, who barely ever shares like 20% of what he's thinking with the rest of the group.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Aug 9, 2018

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

And in contrast to Kevin Ries is boring as poo poo

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I just realized Ries is getting bullied in here and I can't stand for that.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

RevolverDivider posted:

And in contrast to Kevin Ries is boring as poo poo

I was a real yin-yang for sure.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I want to play Trails of Cold Steel 3

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:same:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

klapman posted:

This but also Trails from Zero.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Celceta was very much a 3/5. Tries adding a bunch of new ideas to the formula but they're not polished or engaging enough. I like the mapping mechanic but inevitably there was no way no track that last 1 percent. There are sidequests but they don't reward anything interesting, nor do they tell any neat side-stories. I'm a sucker for item-upgrade systems like in Dark Cloud 2 but the option to reinforce equipment was both a pain in the arse and utterly unnecessary. The skill-system was also half-baked.

The biggest downfall is that for all cutscenes the game has it lacked any emotional punch unlike previous titles, not helped at all by the fact that the game ends abruptly without an epilogue.

Apparently Ys 8 is supposed to be a more-polished take on Celceta's mechanics, but NIS happened so that game is off the table for PC gamers.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

It should be completely fine now, and you should play it because it owns

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
The PC port for Ys 8 is extremely playable (now, finally) and had no big problems here, NISA or not. Just finished it about a week ago.

edit: I have only crashed once and I think it was when I left Shoebill's fish menu and pressed start like super fast to change locations and it froze. No idea what -actually- caused it but that was the last thing I remember doing and it autosaved anyways, so no loss.

Ys 8 is easily the best Ys game anyway.

Koguma fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 12, 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's no Origins but it's the best party system game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

klapman posted:

My google alert gets me nothing but ToCS 4 articles, and it's a real tease. Wish we'd hear something at all about 3.