Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it's just a useful materials grab. Bios, norn stones, gold, clear tickets, the 6 star iso. It will never blow you away but it adds up.

Clear tickets are actually probably the biggest grab there for me since you can burn through them fast if you're collecting urus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm never going to have a Tier 2 Colossus so see ya never Stryfe.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

The Dave posted:

I'm never going to have a Tier 2 Colossus so see ya never Stryfe.

If its due to bio-sub, word is Colossus will be a shifter ala Clea, so you can get there eventually as a ftp.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cinara posted:

Guessing you're working with pretty bad cards or obelisks or something then, level 1 WBU should get nigh instantly destroyed with the meta characters. The only exception is using a character that is weak to the specific boss with the special reductions they have. But Scarlet should bend Dwarf over her knee easily at WBU 1, especially with her costume.

Its possible. And I can beat CO/BD at one most of the time, but then some times he just suddenly kills all 3 of my characters in the blink of an eye. PM does that a lot though. I bascially have to hit and run with Wolverine against her, running away until his skills all recharge, run in and wack, run away again.

Here's my equipped cards

Here's my top unequipped cards

And just to show how many t2 I have

And just to show you what SW and Wolvie look like

Seriously, I'll take any advice to improve things.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
What are your actual card stats, not just the cards equipped?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This might be a stupid question, but you are somewhat following their patterns right? They all have a couple of (predictable) times in the battle where they can basically one shot kill you.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

Its possible. And I can beat CO/BD at one most of the time, but then some times he just suddenly kills all 3 of my characters in the blink of an eye. PM does that a lot though. I bascially have to hit and run with Wolverine against her, running away until his skills all recharge, run in and wack, run away again.

This I think is your problem. It doesn't matter how good your guys are, if you get caught with the big moves you're gonna get wiped out. You have to learn them and learn how to dodge them.

Proxima - She's got a big move when her bar gets to 11 where she runs to the top of the screen and shoots beams. Its easy to dodge. When you see her run up run to the bottom and dodge. When they're gone you can can go back and attack. She's got another one around 6 that is tougher. Keep moving is your best move but I tag in a sacrificial lamb sometimes.

Dwarf - His big moves are when he crouches and blasts and when he swings his ax. Both are tough to dodge. You have to get as far away as possible but its better to tag in a sacrificial player.

Corvus - Similar to Proxima where he blast flames. Figure out when they're coming and when you see the warning dodge/sacrificial lambs.

Ebony - He drops meteors and when you see the warning you just have to run like crazy to get away from them.

There's no "trick" to them. You just have to identify them, run like crazy, and avoid them. Watch the purple warnings and heed them. Get used to when they come so you don't get caught by surprise.

And are you running complementary teams? Leaderships and team boosts? Cap, Winter Solder, Quicksilver, Wolverine, Phoenix, Hulk, Black Panther, and War Machine should all be able to take down Proxima 1 with the right team/allies/boosts. Luna I imagine too, but I don't have her at T2 to know. Cable, Jean, Witch, Strange, Magneto, Santana, Iron Man, and Thor should all have a go at Dwarf. You just have to pick the right allies, both in your trio and on your 5 team.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I have trouble with 1, even with op characters like wolverine or Scarlet Waifu.

eventually your raid level will increase to the point that 1 takes about 5 seconds to do

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

reroll scarlet witch's ctp energy to get a max damage bonus (i think it's 200%). shes the best character in the game for wbu by a mile right now, so well worth it.

what you need to do is level up your Raid Level, which shows on the wbu screen. it increases the damage you do in wbu mode and also decreases the damage you take. it means that the first handful of wbu fights you do are basically the hardest ones youll ever face. i suggest a damage leader and two decent damage dealers, because you will get nailed and lose a character every fight (or at least i did)

STAC Goat posted:

Proxima - She's got a big move when her bar gets to 11 where she runs to the top of the screen and shoots beams. Its easy to dodge. When you see her run up run to the bottom and dodge. When they're gone you can can go back and attack. She's got another one around 6 that is tougher. Keep moving is your best move but I tag in a sacrificial lamb sometimes.

Dwarf - His big moves are when he crouches and blasts and when he swings his ax. Both are tough to dodge. You have to get as far away as possible but its better to tag in a sacrificial player.

Corvus - Similar to Proxima where he blast flames. Figure out when they're coming and when you see the warning dodge/sacrificial lambs.

Ebony - He drops meteors and when you see the warning you just have to run like crazy to get away from them.

this. but additionally:

proxima has two moves that will insta-kill you if you dont avoid them. theres one where she drops a bunch of purple circles, this has an announcement at the bottom of the screen first. in the first half of the fight she will drop one round of circles, in the second half its two rounds of circles. if you keep moving you can easily avoid the purple circles, but if you dont, youll get stunlocked and killed. she also has a move where she drops a ton of red circles, i dont think it has an announcement, it does insane damage and will kill you.

dwarf as usual is really easy if you can just squash him and really hard if you cant. i didnt even bother learning anything about him, hes bullshit, i just play him at levels where i can kill him in 5 seconds.

corvus can tag you with annoying DOTs, switch characters when it happens.

itll get noticeably easier every day

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Moving around a lot is a big key to all of them. They all have loves that can stun you and they can all wail away on you with just a few seconds. You gotta just not rely on pressing the attack buttons bit keep moving around between them. You don't have to run away except out of the purple warnings, but just keep attacking from different angles and you'll dodge a lot of that stun stuff without even knowing it.

But basically learn to pay attention to the purple warnings and dodge the poo poo that will kill you. Once you figure it out you should be able to cruise through their 1s.

And if you can't get out of the way in time, try and tag someone more expendable who should be on the team for leadership or team boosts.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah sure that Scarlet isn't maxed our or anything but just by principle of T2 and Level 62 she should be able to smoke Stage 1 Black Dwarf.

Reminder that her 4 skill mind fucks him and he won't attack you, so actually if you just hit that every it's immediately available and just cycle through the other attacks (really just the 3 for shield and 5 for damage are necessary) you should be able to grind out a win without him ever attacking you (though sometimes he might slip through).

But yeah, you need to avoid the purple attacks or you're dead.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I know to avoid the attacks, just that PM will just suddenly BAM and you're all dead. There's no indicator no message, just DEAD. It really pisses me off and I think its one form of the endless spears that i get caught in and for some reason there's no warning. BUt I may be wrong, because there's also when she just kills the active character as she spawns a blade storm under them then hits them with the from above spears or the seeking ones.

How to you reroll CTPs? I recently tried to reroll my only web immunity ob and that lost the web immunity.

The biggest problem with BD is that I don't seem to have enough characters that do enough energy damage to be able to beat him. He'll just wear people down. ONly really SW, Thanos, Jean and Strange really stand a chance. Cable if he could take hits would be great, but nope.

Once I can log in i'll show the effects of the cards. I figured the cards were the same for everyone at the same level.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'm gonna agree that your cards are probably bad. I can easily solo BD with Luna Snow, and granted that's with a Misty lead, but you could probably get away with any appropriate leadership. I've also used Magik to help clean up for a character that can almost do it solo, like Sharog.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The main top stuff on obelisks are fixed and the lower stuff changes with a reroll. So if what you really want is down low you just gotta stick with it.

I use Cable by going 4-1-3-5. All the damage is done in 5 but I need to use the 4 and 3 to protect him. The key is using the 3 to teleport away from the enemy's target and then bailing on 5 before the protection runs out. Don't get greedy with 5 or you'll become vulnerable and then Cable is soft.

I usually pair him with Magneto so he gets the big mutant bump from Magneto's leadership and then Magneto can hit cleanup if Cable dies. Which he often does. Then toss in a random team bonus person at the 3rd spot.

Try something like:

Witch - Mantis? - Cyclops?
Santana - Jean - Valkyrie?
Ancient One - Strange - Shuri?
Magneto - Cable - Ebony?
Hela - Thor - Loki

Im not familiar with some of them especially Thanos and Dormammu so maybe they make better options. Maybe consider T2ing Wiccan, Coulson, Klaw, and Warwolf for their team bonuses as I use them a lot. Maybe you have some I'm not familiar with.

But mostly Dwarf is just an rear end in a top hat. As I said he's the only one I can't get to 20 with and I can only get 10+ wins with a few people. I just do all 1s with him these days.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I know to avoid the attacks, just that PM will just suddenly BAM and you're all dead. There's no indicator no message, just DEAD. It really pisses me off and I think its one form of the endless spears that i get caught in and for some reason there's no warning. BUt I may be wrong, because there's also when she just kills the active character as she spawns a blade storm under them then hits them with the from above spears or the seeking ones.

How to you reroll CTPs? I recently tried to reroll my only web immunity ob and that lost the web immunity.

The biggest problem with BD is that I don't seem to have enough characters that do enough energy damage to be able to beat him. He'll just wear people down. ONly really SW, Thanos, Jean and Strange really stand a chance. Cable if he could take hits would be great, but nope.

Once I can log in i'll show the effects of the cards. I figured the cards were the same for everyone at the same level.

Well, there are indicators before she does any of her big moves. If you play it a lot you learn the patterns and rarely ever take a big hit. I clear level 20 PM multiple times a day and I haven’t died in weeks, so it’s possible

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fart simpson posted:

Well, there are indicators before she does any of her big moves. If you play it a lot you learn the patterns and rarely ever take a big hit. I clear level 20 PM multiple times a day and I haven’t died in weeks, so it’s possible

i can never see the indicator for her 'lots of red circles' attack, what does that one look like?

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

i can never see the indicator for her 'lots of red circles' attack, what does that one look like?

I think she normally does that right after her “combat pose” animation when she gets down to bar 7 or so.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Whatever kills me, there's no indicator and doesn't happen directly after her engrages. She won't do it until after the enrage around 9 though.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

There's no text for that one, but she jumps up into the air and slams down her spear, basically the same as her 5* skill when you're playing as her. Before the cutscene this is just some lame rear end attack but after the cutscene it indicates the lots of red circles attack.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

twistedmentat posted:

Whatever kills me, there's no indicator and doesn't happen directly after her engrages. She won't do it until after the enrage around 9 though.

You probably just don't know the patterns well enough yet. Try to figure out what she's doing right before this happens, or post a video and we can point out what to look for.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Epic quest again is fun. Deadpool’s 4* is probably the longest iframe in the game.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
The epic quests were the best part of the game for me, so super happy that Deadpool has his own epic quest. I love all of the characters in this update, even Fantomex!

I bought Cables and Colossus' uniforms without even checking to see if they are any good. All I know is they look amazing. I have all the style points.

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no

twistedmentat posted:

Here's my equipped cards

The first 3 of those cards are terrible even with good secondary rolls. You’ve got a decent roster but you really need good cards to make the most of them.

Work on Loki #17 from rifts and I’d probably work on getting Thor’s ragnarok uniform to mythic so you can get the premium Loki #2 card from legendary battle.

There are some decent semi premium cards available from the lab shop for as little as 30 crystals. I don’t think they appear till the shop is level 9 or something so make sure it’s high enough for them to appear. Keep an eye out for avengers origins Thor #1 that’s the real stand out

More generally do you know what stats you’re looking for in cards? Should be aiming for 30+ ignore defence, ~30% cooldown, as much all attack/energy attack as you can.

Physical attack/attack speed/crit stats are good to have but not as important.

Defensive stats are basically worthless.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson posted:

5 more tries on scarlet witch and still total failure lol

Got it today on first try, still at 10%. Trust in the maths. Stay the course.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

Here's something I have always wondered. What is the point of Alliance Battle and ABX?
Like AB is often a daily requirement or needed for quests. And you get 25 bios for doing it which is handy for ranking up Tier 2's.

Then you do ABX which near as I can tell gets you a six star ISO if you score 1 million. Who h is nice for Awakening Iso's, I guess.
Also it's some benchmark for how much damage a character can do, like those target dummies in WoW. So the E-peen rating.

What else is the point of ABX?

Pretty sure ABX scores are somehow tied to the whole Alliance Tournament for the big boys. I absolutely know getting max scores is a competition of some kind that isn't for nothing.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this earlier, has the game truly become this arcane?? This used to be common knowledge. Hell, Hebrons used to compete for top score until ateatree died RIP I only ever beat him once #blessed

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Ah I've hit the "Rank up Fantomex to 5 stars" part of Epic quest and I'm not using tickets on that because of the daily, so guess I'm stuck here for awhile.

EDIT: I take that back I have like 25 tickets wasting away, GAME ON!

The Dave fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 8, 2018

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

How does the 'support' your guild mates thing work? Is it just free or do you give up your mats?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not gonna rush the X-Force Quest because its obvious they throw in regular Daily Mission challenges so you either need to keep spending crystals to refill or just wait a day. And crystals are too valuable to not wait. I'm already debating between the Cable/Colossus costumes, saving for Thor/Proxima when a new sale comes, or super saving for Psylocke.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!

twistedmentat posted:

Here's my equipped cards

Gotta agree with Kween that your cards need to be fixed. You can min/max stats later on, but you only really need 30% cooldown and 30-40% ignore defense from cards. Everything else should be devoted to all attack, energy attack, or physical attack. After that, it's max HP / crit damage / crit rate.

In the short term, look for these cards in order of priority:

Loki #17. Keep rolling this card until you get a 4+ quality and ignore defense as a sub-stat on the first option. In a best case scenario, you roll ignore defense, attack speed, all defense, and energy/physical attack.

Reroll your Gwenpool #1 until you have a 4+ quality with cooldown as an option. Best case scenario would probably be crit damage, cooldown, attack speed, and energy attack or ignore defense. This is one of a few semi-premium cards and you'll generally have better fixed options with these types of cards.

Marvel Zombies #2. This is one of the few cards with cooldown duration as a main fixed stat. Try to get this to at least 4+ quality. Crit damage, ignore defense or energy attack, energy defense, and all attack are the best options here.

Avengers #318 (Nebula). An ignore defense primary stat with something that isn't trash (max HP). Keep rerolling this one until you get cooldown as a sub-stat and shoot for all/physical attack, crit damage, and energy attack on the others.

Groot #5. Again, roll until it's a 4+ quality for the 9% ignore defense. Ideally, you'll also get energy attack or max hp, cooldown, all defense, and all/physical attack.

With this plan, you'll be at ~33% cooldown and ~34% ignore defense. Keep in mind - it will take a LONG time to roll for stats like this so just make sure it's one of your long-term goals for the game. But, this will help all characters in all modes so it's worth the investment. Once you have roughly 30/30 on cooldown and ID, you can max out each of these stats through gears for each character.

Also, this doesn't take into account any premium cards you've unlocked through legendary battles. If you have enough crystals, it's worth investing in the Ragnarock uniforms because the Loki and Thor cards are the biggest upgrades here. You may also have the Black Panther or Marvel Future Fight cards and those can be used in place of some of the options above.

EDIT: forgot to link to the reddit comic cards guide which is helpful in seeing other options - https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/8hotwk/updated_guide_to_comic_cards_for_mff_v40/

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Any consensus on the new uniforms? The Cable one is probably worth buying anyway just for being for a good character but I don't give a gently caress about Colossus unless it makes him awesome.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I did what I could with my cards and got this

and this is the stats

Like custom gear I'm not sure how to reroll cards. I am always terrified i'm going to gently caress up and wreck something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its the same deal as obelisks. The stats in one color at the top of the card are locked, the ones in another color below will change. SO you want to find cards that have 3 good stats up top and then roll the rest until you have a killer card.

I haven't done that in awhile. I should reroll my weaker cards with the dud 6*s I have. I actually have a bunch of premium cards in my inventory I can't fit in my set adn don't know what to do with.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

and this is the stats

Like custom gear I'm not sure how to reroll cards. I am always terrified i'm going to gently caress up and wreck something.

you just select the card/obelisk and press the button and select another, and the second one is destroyed. you keep the fixed stat(s) and the others are rerolled. generally you reroll cards and obelisks you dont have equipped, in case you end up with a worse one at the end than you started with

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

punchymcpunch posted:

you just select the card/obelisk and press the button and select another, and the second one is destroyed. you keep the fixed stat(s) and the others are rerolled. generally you reroll cards and obelisks you dont have equipped, in case you end up with a worse one at the end than you started with

Cool, I'll give some a try later.

Oh and now I realize I can do the Phantom X mission even after I've gotten all the bios. drat, well at least I've already used rank up tickets to get him to 5*. BUt then I'd already done villain sieges for today.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

twistedmentat posted:

and this is the stats

Dang these are some jank rear end cards get this man a Loki 17 stat

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Zokari posted:

Any consensus on the new uniforms? The Cable one is probably worth buying anyway just for being for a good character but I don't give a gently caress about Colossus unless it makes him awesome.

I just bought them on sight because they make the characters look awesome and I have poor impulse control. Cables just changes some of his skills to be better (but he otherwise plays the same), the Colossus one seems much better than his base though (although that may also be down to me ranking him to T2 immediately after buying his costume as well). It turns him in a walking A1 Abrams. He is super tanky. Also it gives him immunity to the fracture effect whatever that is?!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Fracture is a thing Stryfe has that stacks an attack debuff on the opponent. He's gonna be a huge bitch when we start seeing him in timeline.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Tom Gorman posted:

Fracture is a thing Stryfe has that stacks an attack debuff on the opponent. He's gonna be a huge bitch when we start seeing him in timeline.

His skills also have incapacitate, which is a stacking defense debuff on top of clearing buffs apparently. Some attacks have both effects!

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
Comic Card talk: I have both Loki#2 and GotG: BSE at quality 7 but their secondary stats are...not the best (Max HP/cold res/movement and mind res/all def/move speed trigger respectively). Reroll or maintain as-is for the sweet, sweet primary stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MonkeyBot posted:

Comic Card talk: I have both Loki#2 and GotG: BSE at quality 7 but their secondary stats are...not the best (Max HP/cold res/movement and mind res/all def/move speed trigger respectively). Reroll or maintain as-is for the sweet, sweet primary stats?

Quality matters a lot less than maxing SCD, and then maxing Ignore Defense, which is what cards are for. So your first goal is to make sure you have SCD on every card as a secondary.

Primary stats you're looking for AA best, then ID, then SCD. The rank doesn't matter at all tbh.