Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That Old Tree posted:

If you mean using Requiem to run Masquerade, there's a "translation guide" for its first edition in DTRPG. I never had much use for them, so I don't remember if that one in particular or any of them at all are very good. I don't know how much difference using Requiem 2e would make to the translation guide's utility.

The translation guide is good, I think the main problem with using the it for running a Masquerade-Within-Requiem is that Disciplines in Requiem 2E are way more powerful in general. On the other hand the Masquerade-Only Disciplines (Obtenebration, Chimerstry, Vicissitude, Thaumaturgy, Quietus, Dementation, Serpentis, Necromancy) that you'd use the translator for are probably amongst the most powerful ones in the game already, so it shouldn't be that bad in terms of balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The potential for rewarding abuse with Chimerstry; I never loved a Discipline quite as much as that one.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Thanks. What, exactly, is DTRPG :confused:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tias posted:

Drive Thru RPG.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Loomer posted:

It's exactly what they mean. They're essentializing the gender to genitals, and implying you can't fully identify as a man without a dick or a woman without a pussy. This is actually a spell for transsexual transformation, not transgender transformation.

I figured it was about excluding people who are not exclusively of one of the binary genders: a lot of people identify as female-and or claim an identity of being somewhat, partially, or occasionally female. No using the blood of bigender people to change your sex! Or something like that.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

LatwPIAT posted:

I figured it was about excluding people who are not exclusively of one of the binary genders: a lot of people identify as female-and or claim an identity of being somewhat, partially, or occasionally female. No using the blood of bigender people to change your sex! Or something like that.

That would be better. But given how V5 started and has proceeded since then, I'm not inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Nessus posted:

Why not use Fleshcrafting

Also this

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Loomer posted:

You know you hosed up when even the guy deeply devoted to the idea of magical hermaphrodites is giving you the side-eye over your magical gender change spells.

Yeah. Holy poo poo.

And I always wanted to play a Rebis.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Nessus posted:

Why not use Fleshcrafting

DLC not released yet.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Loomer posted:

It's exactly what they mean. They're essentializing the gender to genitals, and implying you can't fully identify as a man without a dick or a woman without a pussy. This is actually a spell for transsexual transformation, not transgender transformation.

Not only that you can take blood from a man without a dick, so long as they identify as one, and use that to give yourself a dick after you rip your breasts off.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Why are thinbloods doing alchemy anyway? Like, what is the connection to just barely being a vampire and alchemy?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Blood is a magic liquid.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Not to interrupt nuWolf ripping their dicks off and trying to fit them into their mouths along with their foot. But apparently the Mirror Universe has an internet connection.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting ready to introduce the Get of Fenris to my WtF game this chapter, as it seems the players are finally remembering they have a bunch of unorganized white nationalists still left to kill, and looked up the tribe symbol from WtA.

That's uh.... that's just a straight up swastika.

Edit: Not to complain, since I'm using it for actual nazi werewolves, but holy poo poo I semi-remembered that being subtext in WtA? Granted, I usually played a qualmi bastet, but still. Really on the nose.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
There was nothing subtext about the Nazi-Get connection in WtA, no.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Loomer posted:

There was nothing subtext about the Nazi-Get connection in WtA, no.

Yeah. They had a whole Neo-Nazi camp. They got purged in Revised during Skemp's house cleaning.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
We also got, in the same cleanup, the awesome intro comic of some extremely angry American Get patriotically fighting Nazi get during WW2.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Loomer posted:

We also got, in the same cleanup, the awesome intro comic of some extremely angry American Get patriotically fighting Nazi get during WW2.

This was the 1st Edition Get Tribebook.

Yes, even 1st Edition had enough sense to unambiguously portray Nazis as evil.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Soonmot posted:

I'm getting ready to introduce the Get of Fenris to my WtF game this chapter, as it seems the players are finally remembering they have a bunch of unorganized white nationalists still left to kill, and looked up the tribe symbol from WtA.

That's uh.... that's just a straight up swastika.

Edit: Not to complain, since I'm using it for actual nazi werewolves, but holy poo poo I semi-remembered that being subtext in WtA? Granted, I usually played a qualmi bastet, but still. Really on the nose.

The explanation given is that it's the glyph for Wolf superimposed over itself to show "Wolf descending from Wolf" because they're all descended from Fenris and are super awesome and blahhhh

It's... dumb. Thankfully it's distinct enough that you can ignore it if you don't squint(and don't cast it in red ink like some of the foreign language releases apparently did), and Revised is rather firmly "Anti Nazi"

Bosushi! posted:

Technically it came out in 2nd edition.

1st Edition Get were "I'm not racist, I just hate X people and all colored people are X. I have colored friends. I'm not racist." Remember: The Get of Fenris tribal flaw is literally "Intolerance".

Spoiler alert: Tribal Flaws are dumb.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
So Wraith20 took over three years to come out, the longest span of time for any OPP kickstarter thus far. And I have to ask, in retrospect... what the gently caress happened?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Bosushi! posted:

Oh, my mistake.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Tias posted:

As said, DrivethruRPG. Here's a link directly to the Vampire translation guide.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Bedlamdan posted:

So Wraith20 took over three years to come out, the longest span of time for any OPP kickstarter thus far. And I have to ask, in retrospect... what the gently caress happened?

The Wraith curse struck multiple times.

Also Dansky basically wrote it all by himself, IIRC.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Writing a book the size of a 20th Anniversary game using Onyx Path's business model is basically impossible and ridiculous, and it's honestly more surprising that three of them got away with no problems than it is that the rest of them had issues.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Do we have any idea about what specifically happened? Did he have a health crisis or what?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Bedlamdan posted:

Do we have any idea about what specifically happened? Did he have a health crisis or what?

My understanding from this thread was it was being written by a single dude. I could be totally wrong and misunderstood, but that's the impression I got from all the WR20 discussions.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

I know Bruce Baugh had a hand, but he has his own health issues.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

I know Bruce Baugh had a hand, but he has his own health issues.

That's cool, Bruce Baugh wrote some good stuff back in the day. Hope his health gets better.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's cool, Bruce Baugh wrote some good stuff back in the day. Hope his health gets better.

Yeah, and even relevant to Wraith, he wrote one of my favorite supplements period with Doomslayers: Into the Labyrinth. It's one of those really, really good books for Wraith that probably should have come out a lot sooner.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

joylessdivision posted:

My understanding from this thread was it was being written by a single dude. I could be totally wrong and misunderstood, but that's the impression I got from all the WR20 discussions.

So it just took a really long time because of that? Well, okay...

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
A lot of the 20s were kind of in the position where there was pretty much one person in the world who was willing and qualified to write it, and you had the choice between either doing it on whatever timeline that person could do it, or giving it to some rando with no particular experience.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah, Dansky has a day job on top of writing the bulk of a... let me check my PDF... 491 page book to say nothing of how cursed the project did seem to be.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

to say nothing of how cursed the project did seem to be.

Yeah so, I keep hearing about this, but what actually went wrong?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

lol White Wolf is "not really a publishing company" so don't expect a lot of books, also most V5 books will be third-party…also one Clan per book to start, so get ready to buy 3+ books just for the basic rules in your Sabbat game they totally aren't sweeping under the rug. (Also they're hinting that the Lasombra are joining the Cam.)

They could've just said "we want a different focus in our game" instead of this mealy-mouthed promise to support multiple play options when people asked about Sabbat games. They are so bad at this.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That Old Tree posted:

lol White Wolf is "not really a publishing company" so don't expect a lot of books, also most V5 books will be third-party…also one Clan per book to start, so get ready to buy 3+ books just for the basic rules in your Sabbat game they totally aren't sweeping under the rug. (Also they're hinting that the Lasombra are joining the Cam.)

so what is White Wolf, besides a Swedish national embarrassment

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

That Old Tree posted:

They could've just said "we want a different focus in our game" instead of this mealy-mouthed promise to support multiple play options when people asked about Sabbat games. They are so bad at this.

This was always pretty clearly what was going to happen when Shane Defreest popped his head up by Swededracula, since his last memorable thing was trying to stump for By Night Studios to include Antitribu Lasombra in their IA metaplot in Las Vegas.

The guy's been laughed out of most LARP scenes in the NW for giving teenage girls liquor poisoning, and his bad Antonio Banderas lasombra accent is legendary.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bedlamdan posted:

Yeah so, I keep hearing about this, but what actually went wrong?

A big one is Dansky's mother dying during the writing. Other than that, the stuff that afflicts a lot of KSes (stuff like ilnnesses, losing whole chapters, etc.) just maybe a little moreso for Wraith and it's fun to call it a curse.

Gerund posted:

The guy's been laughed out of most LARP scenes in the NW for giving teenage girls liquor poisoning, and his bad Antonio Banderas lasombra accent is legendary.

I am equal turns horrified and amused. The thought this is just somebody's pet game being sold for public consumption continues to grow.

(The Assamites have a better claim to join the Cam, at least some of them, he say sulkily.)

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Mors Rattus posted:

so what is White Wolf, besides a Swedish national embarrassment

an international embarrassment

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dawgstar posted:

A big one is Dansky's mother dying during the writing. Other than that, the stuff that afflicts a lot of KSes (stuff like ilnnesses, losing whole chapters, etc.) just maybe a little moreso for Wraith and it's fun to call it a curse.
I mean given the content it makes absolute sense to consider it the work of evil ghosts. Hopefully not including Dansky's mom but I didn't know her. I will assume she is a lovely lady even though it's always a coinflip when someone's parent comes up on the Internet.

e: Also someone should post the Get of Fenris comic, I remember it being baller as gently caress. The Get make sense as being the super aggro guys - really a lot of the problem with the oWoD tribal stereotypes was how they were so rooted in an ethnicity for about half of them, while the other half were affinity groups.

Nessus fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 9, 2018

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nessus posted:

e: Also someone should post the Get of Fenris comic, I remember it being baller as gently caress. The Get make sense as being the super aggro guys - really a lot of the problem with the oWoD tribal stereotypes was how they were so rooted in an ethnicity for about half of them, while the other half were affinity groups.

Oh, it's pretty cool. It's Ron Spencer drawing what amounts to an eight-page Sgt. Rock comic (okay, yes, Sgt. Fury's Howling Commandos is probably more apt).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, it's pretty cool. It's Ron Spencer drawing what amounts to an eight-page Sgt. Rock comic (okay, yes, Sgt. Furry's Howling Commandos is probably more apt).