Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Intoluene posted:

Let's call the police just to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

"Twitter" posted:

https://twitter.com/TwitterSafety/status/1026979628475248640?s=19
"If individuals are not targeted (e.g. @ mention, tagged in a photo, etc.), we allow a wide range of content as long as it doesn't cross the line into threatening violence."

"Sandy Hook was a false flag. No one died and it was a sinister plot to take your guns away."
Ok!

"Alex Jones has some dangerous ideas"
BANNED!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Sluts love a soft cock.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Its the transition from 'this is a (disturbing as poo poo) fantasy I have about some hypothetical girl' to 'this is what I would do to you' that would freak me out the most

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I need twitter for my hockey news, okay.

I always got this morbid curiosity where I gotta look up these freaks. Looks like Thor here is some kinda troll account I guess. God the internet is so played out.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

@jack subsequently went on loving Hannity after refusing interviews with legitimate media outlets. gently caress him and gently caress Twitter.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Volta Bass is actually a pretty well known animator and going by his twitter, this was a joke.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/Whatapityonyou/status/1026898266586140673

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GOL (groaned out loud)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Interested in a one stop shop for all your stone countertop and alt right idiot take needs?

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/1027550187659702272

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Harassing, threatening, or using fear to silence individuals: bad, not allowed.

Harassing, threatening, or using fear to silence broad groups of people: free speech, allowed.

Okay.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I was hoping someone would remember the investment retirement account.

And this doesn't include bennies like employer matching after vestment, paid leave of any variety, offsets, etc.

Plus the hidden perks. Thumbing your nose at the dress code. 90 min lunch breaks. Being able to just take care of an outside appointment or obligation during the work day and still having a job when you return, stuff like that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm not sold on Jack and Co. being actual Nazis, I think that they are terrified of what the internet Nazis will do if they ban them all.

Jack and Co. could be actual Nazis of course, but I think the latter is the more reasonable explanation

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

zoux posted:

I'm not sold on Jack and Co. being actual Nazis, I think that they are terrified of what the internet Nazis will do if they ban them all.

Jack and Co. could be actual Nazis of course, but I think the latter is the more reasonable explanation

I mostly think they’re just really loving stupid, like most tech industry figures

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

zoux posted:

Consider:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

@jack subsequently went on loving Hannity after refusing interviews with legitimate media outlets. gently caress him and gently caress Twitter.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

Consider:

Yes I know I posted that yesterday but it's kind of the same deal with the NYT opinion pages or any other "neutral" forum, they have a philosophical belief in objectivity. Zuckerberg kind of gave it away when he said that thing about holocaust deniers, that even thought their views are execrable, they honestly believe them so it's not right to silence them. What he and others are naive about is that these people are absolutely not arguing in good faith, and they weaponize people's benefit of the doubt. These social media forums (and mainstream journalism in general) are obsessed with appearing neutral, and the alt right is very good at brigading through computer tricks and mobilizing armies of Fox News Grandpas to make the outrage at the perceived slight of the week appear widespread and organic. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, and these Nazis can squeak like you wouldn't believe.

Take for example the "epidemic" of right wing views being silenced by college campuses. With all the op eds and video essays about it, you'd think that you can't say the faintest conservative idea without triggering the libs. But it's actually the opposite

So-called free-speech silencing is still extremely rare, but when it happens it happens disproportionately to left rather than right ideas. But you don't have Bret Stevens or Bari Weiss crying about that on the NYT op ed page, and it's because, for whatever reason, left-leaning people don't throw a walleyed fit about perceived slights.

So, while it's entirely possible that Jack is a crypto-Nazi and is intentionally loving over libs to trigger and own them, it makes more sense to me that they are just trying to be neutral arbiters and are being gamed by bad-faith actors.

In other words

Henchman of Santa posted:

I mostly think they’re just really loving stupid, like most tech industry figures

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

zoux posted:

Interested in a one stop shop for all your stone countertop and alt right idiot take needs?

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/1027550187659702272

Apparently it's a fake troll account ?

https://twitter.com/IGSCountertops/status/1027571420111491072

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder if they accidentally linked to a non existent twitter account from a webpage or similar, and someone made the account that it linked to to gently caress with them.

Because I’ve definitely not done that before.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What a weird thing

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

need some help finding a particular bit of IOSM: There was somebody, a while back, who wouldn't/couldn't differentiate between the phrasing "x is classified as y" and "x is classified" meaning top secret. They were trying to use this to claim that some dem had given away classified information.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Is this the new "We were hacked!"?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

Is this the new "We were hacked!"?

Only if the account making the claim is younger.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I wonder if they accidentally linked to a non existent twitter account from a webpage or similar, and someone made the account that it linked to to gently caress with them.

Because I’ve definitely not done that before.

Please stop making accounts to troll the libs.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

zoux posted:

You can only be Nazi adjacent for so long before becoming just as bad as them.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

If you are adjacent to a Nazi it is your civic responsibility to punch said Nazi.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aramek posted:

Please stop making accounts to troll the libs.

If by libs you mean libertarians, you're probably right as it was a bitcoin store.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Don't not punch Nazis.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

EL BROMANCE posted:

If by libs you mean libertarians, you're probably right as it was a bitcoin store.

Oh no, keep doing that.

Libertarians are the worst citizens and are in need of correction.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1027397362254315525?s=21

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I don't know, I can't excited about plastic straw bans. Maybe I'm getting old? Seems like the least important thing to worry about in hell dimension, but here we are.
I think it'd be great to get rid of plastic straws and do something real to put a dent in the island of garbage, but it is certainly sweet that the whole anti-straw rebellion is based on garbage data.

Stats on Staws come from a 9 year old kid.

I hate it when a good cause (reducing plastic use) latches on to bad science, it only ends badly for the good cause.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the idea that Jack isn't a nazi is entirely ruined by the people he follows. he followed Mike cernovitch for a while, which is insane.

A 50S RAYGUN has a new favorite as of 19:58 on Aug 9, 2018

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You can also get banned for calling Mike a loving moron, while none of Mike's tweets have ever gotten even a finger wag, to my knowledge.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
in case you don't know who Mike cernovitch is, he is one of the people largely responsible for getting a pizzeria shot up because they were trafficking children, which is obviously not a thing that was actually true.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s also important to note that he’s not called “Weird” Mike for the same reason Al Yankovic is.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

in case you don't know who Mike cernovitch is, he is one of the people largely responsible for getting a pizzeria shot up because they were trafficking children, which is obviously not a thing that was actually true.

And got James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy 3 for deleted tweets of off-color jokes from years ago, despite Mike himself being a convicted rapist who advocates date rape because he thinks it doesn't actually violate consent.

Serf
May 5, 2011

mike cernovich is a literal rapist who first really gained prominence as the gamergate lawyer. he also lives off alimony from his ex-wife who is actually successful

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

zoux posted:

Take for example the "epidemic" of right wing views being silenced by college campuses. With all the op eds and video essays about it, you'd think that you can't say the faintest conservative idea without triggering the libs. But it's actually the opposite

Even the most cautious of studies show that self-identified ‘liberals’ outnumber self-identified ‘conservatives’ among college faculty by quite a bit, so I’m not sure this chart is as much of a slam dunk as people are saying unless I’m missing some context from the study.

Your point is still true, given what I know from inside the belly of the beast, but I’m not sold on this piece of evidence — although obviously the skyrocketing numbers are a concern but I think it’s still easily undermined by the ratio.

i am the bird has a new favorite as of 21:37 on Aug 9, 2018

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's difficult without having the actual numbers of 'conservative' vs 'liberal' professors in front of me, but it does a fairly good job of proving that conservatives are not actually being targeted for their beliefs, and that's without even accounting for the fact expressing a large number of currently conservative beliefs are probably firable offenses regardless of political motivation

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's difficult without having the actual numbers of 'conservative' vs 'liberal' professors in front of me, but it does a fairly good job of proving that conservatives are not actually being targeted for their beliefs, and that's without even accounting for the fact expressing a large number of currently conservative beliefs are probably firable offenses regardless of political motivation

Yes, I think that’s more effective to shoot down the argument that ONLY conservative voices are targeted which is usually the argument I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Proteus Jones posted:

Yes, I think that’s more effective to shoot down the argument that ONLY conservative voices are targeted which is usually the argument I see.

Yeah, I guess this is more what I was getting at. It’s a good piece of data to debunk the absurd persecution complex on the right, but I was wary of using it to say ‘liberals’ are overly-policed in comparison (which is an argument that can be made using other, better evidence).