Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
oh wow, i thought custom matches with bots were coming next patch... but i fired up a custom before and lo and behold there they are.

derp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

ChickenHeart posted:

Also they could toss the ULTIMATE GAS HANDS in the game as a gauntlet skin.

YESSSSS

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

MysteriousStranger posted:

You need to get all 10 scrolls for a character to unlock it. You get scrolls if you log in the max days in a row, also one person at random gets a scroll per map. Scrolls do not duplicate per character, so if you get a scroll for character X it's always the next one. But if that character already has all scrolls you get shards.

What this means is the more characters there are in the game the harder it is to the get the skins. Also the scrolls used to be hidden in jars and pots around the map, the things you can destroy. They removed this because people would rush all the poo poo at the beginning and it was generally a poo poo show. But it also means that those who did that in the start of things generally have more of them.

Generally if you play 8 maps a day the odds are you will get one scroll. And if you just log in every day you'll see one off and on.

They removed lore scrolls from the daily rewards I think.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Social Animal posted:

when you've been here this long, nothing and everything make sense

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lore Scrolls are the dumbest poo poo

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Pretty much. The pot mechanic was dumb and now that they are awarded randomly I only get one after like 20 games. Just to read a stupid paragraph and get a skin I’ll never use.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Social Animal posted:

Derp I checked and yep.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
The in-game economy is getting worse and worse each patch. First they removed shards and now you only get 10 measly shards when you get a duplicate and now they removed scrolls and replaced everything with generic poo poo. Assuming this was done for f2p folks to make it less of a steep hill climb to get new heroes.

Edit: did anyone else get the Quakecon skin for the HMG?

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 9, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
tbh i stopped looking at in-game currency and daily rewards after unlocking Nyx and just buy backpacks when it lets me

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Thief posted:

tbh i stopped looking at in-game currency and daily rewards after unlocking Nyx and just buy backpacks when it lets me

I bought the founder/starter whatever that unlocked all the characters and all the weapons that come through the store. I really just wanted the Q1/Q2 versions of everything.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I got all the characters since I bought the game a long time ago, but didn't get any of the guns. I did buy the Doom 2 SSG though and it was worth it.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Uncle Kitchener posted:

I got all the characters since I bought the game a long time ago, but didn't get any of the guns. I did buy the Doom 2 SSG though and it was worth it.

Same, but I got the game with a Ryzen 5. Really lame that this stuff isn't retroactive.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cacodemon hat and Plasma Gun on sale bless up.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Heh I got both of those free bitch

where's the boomstick sale? :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How'd you get them for free? Just lootboxes?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

fadam posted:

How'd you get them for free? Just lootboxes?

Yes.

hawowanlawow posted:

Heh I got both of those free bitch

where's the boomstick sale? :(

Which boom stick? Diablo was just last sale.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the boomstick from DOOM. honestly the Diablo isn't different enough from the regular shotgun imo

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Uncle Kitchener posted:

The in-game economy is getting worse and worse each patch. First they removed shards and now you only get 10 measly shards when you get a duplicate and now they removed scrolls and replaced everything with generic poo poo. Assuming this was done for f2p folks to make it less of a steep hill climb to get new heroes.

if you watch the dev streams they sometimes trot out their albino "monetization manager" and he looks exactly like you'd imagine an albino monetization manager would look except his face is also erupting in thousands of greasy pus-filled boils.

syncerror is the least irritating person on those streams but he always has the facial expression of an infamous chomo who's just been transferred to gen-pop.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Jose Mengelez posted:

if you watch the dev streams they sometimes trot out their albino "monetization manager" and he looks exactly like you'd imagine an albino monetization manager would look except his face is also erupting in thousands of greasy pus-filled boils.

syncerror is the least irritating person on those streams but he always has the facial expression of an infamous chomo who's just been transferred to gen-pop.

Dude what is wrong with you

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
i got two plasmaguns (lol dupes) from free crates as well as pretty much every skin/vanity i wanted. as far as i'm concerned the monetization system is good as hell. praise be to albino nurgle.

if you already have the champs pack and just do your dailies/accidentally knock out the occasional rune challenge you'll be opening something like 300 backpacks, 40 chests and like 15 reliquaries a month, all without spending a single penny.

compare this system to tf2 where you get a crate every 2 hours-ish but it costs $5.99 for a key to open it.

Audax posted:

Dude what is wrong with you

calm down, tell me which part upset you and i'll edit it out.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

hawowanlawow posted:

the boomstick from DOOM. honestly the Diablo isn't different enough from the regular shotgun imo

Rocking:
Q3 Gauntlet
Q3 Machine Gun
Q1 Super Nail Gun
Q1 Lightning
Q1 Rocket
Q2 Rail
and whatever that first upgrade grenade thingy

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Apparently if you watch the Quake Con keynote tomorrow you'll unlock some exclusive in-game stuff.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/4gx...ource=Community

I just found out they did the same promotion with the Bethesda keynote at E3, but I definitely watched that on a Twitch linked account and didn't get anything. I really hope I don't have to make and link an ESO account just to get the three reliquaries lmao.

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 9, 2018

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

man, gently caress twitch

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
quakecon keynotes were better when it was just john carmack sperging out about bsp trees for 4 hours :colbert:

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Jose Mengelez posted:

Oh weird, I played with this dude last night. Didn't know he was a dev.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

fadam posted:

Cacodemon hat and Plasma Gun on sale bless up.

gently caress yes. Been waiting on that plasma and my quakebucks are burning a hole in my pocket.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rocking:
Q3 Gauntlet
Q3 Machine Gun
Q1 Super Nail Gun
Q1 Lightning
Q1 Rocket
Q2 Rail
and whatever that first upgrade grenade thingy

I have
Q3 gauntlet
Q1 rocket
Q2 rail
Q1 nailgun
Doom2 shotgun

All from boxes, pretty dang happy

Gonna buy plasma and then all I need is a super nailgun

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

The Joe Man posted:

Oh weird, I played with this dude last night. Didn't know he was a dev.

He is the lead design on QC. He was community manager (or some similar title) for QL for years.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

so what's up with the players with different color names in chat? are those devs?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

I have
Q3 gauntlet
Q1 rocket
Q2 rail
Q1 nailgun
Doom2 shotgun

All from boxes, pretty dang happy

Gonna buy plasma and then all I need is a super nailgun

Oh I've got more those are what I'm using.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Wait plasma IS a super nailgun so I don't need one now, keep forgetting that

It turns your nails into plasma balls right? Yes, it does. Awesome.

Oh I've got more those are what I'm using.

Well look at you mr moneybags :cheeky:

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

Wait plasma IS a super nailgun so I don't need one now, keep forgetting that

It turns your nails into plasma balls right? Yes, it does. Awesome.

Well look at you mr moneybags :cheeky:

I got some in chests but cash bought the quake 1 stuff cause quake 1.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

I got plenty of bitching tonight about deathknight OP. Not because of point blank high damage shots (which many characters have an IK ability that works better), not about the fire burn... but about midair direct hits with the fireballs. Most hiliarious bitching was on the map where everyone just spammed rockets and I got multiple midairs with the ability.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Games up for free with the QuakeCon sale.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

MJBuddy posted:

Games up for free with the QuakeCon sale.

Game is f2p

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Because it's still early access, they don't always have the free version available to get.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

topped the rockets

Only registered members can see post attachments!

West007
Apr 21, 2013

How does the damage counter on the scoreboard work? One game I got the 5k damage medal and scoreboard only showed 3,5k damage. Then some other game I didnt feel like I was doing too well and got 5k on the scoreboard. Maybe it was a different medal with a 5000 on it? I have no idea.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

West007 posted:

How does the damage counter on the scoreboard work? One game I got the 5k damage medal and scoreboard only showed 3,5k damage. Then some other game I didnt feel like I was doing too well and got 5k on the scoreboard. Maybe it was a different medal with a 5000 on it? I have no idea.

I've wondered this myself, my best guess is maybe the scoreboard shows you damage for your favourite/most used weapon in the match, and the "epic match" medals is your overall damage? Or it doesn't include ability damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

West007 posted:

Was that your first match? The 5k medal is cumulative for the day, isn't it?

Or you mean like the medals the awards... I was thinking of the daily. Hmm, maybe its a bug.