Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wallrod posted:

Pat lost his lower legs after some japanese machine gunners shot 'em up in the pacific
Pat hates getting shot at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Wallrod posted:

Pat lost his lower legs after some japanese machine gunners shot 'em up in the pacific

He killed fiddy men!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

cursed image.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Can't get shot if you have all the guns.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Grouchio posted:

Understandable, since it happened in 2002

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=323&v=Cm5CrLoxwiI

e: oh my god, Woolie's cowardice was just building up this whole time. Hyper Coward Markus has arrived.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 6, 2018

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahahahaha this going great.

Gun adds another to it’s list. Matt commenting on how Woolie was smiling when he seems a choice to ditch North and the huge bloodlust hate boner from Woolie had me dying. Too bad about Hank tho. RIP Hank. I find it funny how Woolie acts all nice to Carl even with all the bloodshed on his hands.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 7, 2018

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1026625501560033280

Pat really set himself up for that one

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

I thought he's already taken care of G?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1LzruO-eUU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Shindragon posted:

Hahahahaha this going great.

Gun adds another to it’s list. Matt commenting on how Woolie was smiling when he seems a choice to ditch North and the huge bloodlust hate boner from Woolie had me dying. Too bad about Hank tho. RIP Hank. I find it funny how Woolie acts all nice to Carl even with all the bloodshed on his hands.

The guys popping off at Markus' headshot and Punished Connor's vow for revenge was as :allears: as it could possibly get. I never thought I'd see them enjoy a David Cage product this much.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

lmfao i'm dying

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Paige's life seems to be a solid 70% relentlessly dunking on Pat, and it's just the best.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Woolie loving snuffing both Pat and Matt is the most poetic way to end this

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
2nd Gig wasn't a sequel LP to Detroit.

It was a sequel LP to A Way Out.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh my god

So public opinion does matter. Poor Kara got merc’d. Woolie lives up to his title and steals Pats chance to fight and I couldn’t stop laughing. The fact Pat attempts to wrestle the controller away made me wish they recorded that with a camera. 2nd GUN over

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Detroit Stand Alone Complex and Detroit 2nd Gig combined form probably the best or at minimum top 3 LP's on the channel

I was absolutely losing my poo poo at Pat freaking out(and then the struggle) over Woolie taking the reigns in the Marcus vs Conner fight

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

In the end, sadness took most of us. Also poor Sumo.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

According to Mother's Basement that's literally the only place public opinion matters. Right there where the dude looks at the tv, so it might as well just be a hard check on "is Markus violent right now".

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Their collective reaction to the guy looking over to the TV was :allears: as gently caress

I timestamped it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEh1T1_u10Q&t=1923s

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man, I wish they would have done a livestream of the nintendo direct, it was really good and honestly revealed some stuff I didn't expect. King K. Rool was always one of the joke suggestions that I dunno if anyone really wanted, but I'm happy they added him, especially with a new cover of Gangplank Galleon to go with him

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

man, I wish they would have done a livestream of the nintendo direct, it was really good and honestly revealed some stuff I didn't expect. King K. Rool was always one of the joke suggestions that I dunno if anyone really wanted, but I'm happy they added him, especially with a new cover of Gangplank Galleon to go with him

Mat/Pat wil still bitch about Chrom taking a “spot” on the roster

But yeah, this Direct was amazing and smashed my expectations out of the arena

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

SgtSteel91 posted:

Mat/Pat wil still bitch about Chrom taking a “spot” on the roster

they are not wrong about that

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Depths posted:

they are not wrong about that

Bitching about FE characters in Smash is always moral and just.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

FE is Nintendo's best series by a mile but if you were going to add another FE character Chrom is the wrong one.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
rip advance wars forever

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

FE is Nintendo's best series by a mile but if you were going to add another FE character Chrom is the wrong one.

Yeah, I even like Fire Emblem and I think them adding Chrom instead of Tibarn, the Black Knight or Tiki was a lame choice.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I even like Fire Emblem and I think them adding Chrom instead of Tibarn, the Black Knight or Tiki was a lame choice.

None of those would work as a marth clone

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Andrast posted:

Chrom isn't even a pure Marth clone. He's got some Ike moves too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

Oh my god. I am so sick of this and the Waluigi meme.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Oh my god. I am so sick of this and the Waluigi meme.

But Chrom is a marth clone with some Ike moves thrown in? Making a brand new character like Tibarn would be way more work.

(ok technically he is a Roy clone)

Andrast fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Aug 9, 2018

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
If Japanese Smash players were complaining about Ridley only being in there because the West wanted him I wonder how they're reacting now that Simon and King K Rool are on their way too.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Nilbop posted:

If Japanese Smash players were complaining about Ridley only being in there because the West wanted him I wonder how they're reacting now that Simon and King K Rool are on their way too.

Anyone, casual or competitive, complaining about ANYTHING in regards to Smash Ultimate needs to be punched in the teeth.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

But Chrom is a marth clone with some Ike moves thrown in? Making a brand new character like Tibarn would be way more work.

(ok technically he is a Roy clone)

Because people make the same drat joke about every new character that shows up that isn't Cloud. Shulk, Corrin, Robin, Palutena, Bayonetta, etc. And it's just so lazy too is the worst part of it.

Nilbop posted:

Believe it or not, they're probably happy, actually.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Because people make the same drat joke about every new character that shows up that isn't Cloud. Shulk, Corrin, Robin, Palutena, Bayonetta, etc. And it's just so lazy too is the worst part of it.

But it wasn't a joke this time!

I'd have preferred a cooler sword lord if it had to be Marth clone though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Kudos to the marketing team for coining the Echo Fighter term. Explaining clones like that went a long way to making people more accepting of them. I don't even care much for Chrom or Dark Samus, but knowing they didn't take nearly as much time and resources as Simon and K. Rool makes me cool with them.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Kudos to the marketing team for coining the Echo Fighter term. Explaining clones like that went a long way to making people more accepting of them. I don't even care much for Chrom or Dark Samus, but knowing they didn't take nearly as much time and resources as Simon and K. Rool makes me cool with them.

It’s not a one-to-one Reskin either. Dark Samus floats and Chrom has Ike’s Aether rather than Roy/Marth/Lucina’s Up B

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
plus theyll have THEIR OWN ALT COSTUMES!!!!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Isn't a core aspect of Fire Emblem the weapon triangle? No representation from the other two weapons seems like a huge glaring hole considering how many FE characters there are.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dabir posted:

Isn't a core aspect of Fire Emblem the weapon triangle? No representation from the other two weapons seems like a huge glaring hole considering how many FE characters there are.

Yes. As well as magic and people riding on wyverns/ horses and pegasi. But that'd be too much to put in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Would you say a pegasus knight would be too big to add?