Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

COOL CORN posted:

gently caress me, Suffocation / Cattle Decap / Krisiun just accouned a tour:

That's gonna be intense

Oh gently caress ya, a Friday in NYC is very doable. Krisiun is really good and I don't think enough people realize that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Varg posted:

Krisiun is really good and I don't think enough people realize that

They're a three-piece, too. Three brothers. I didn't expect something that heavy from 3 dudes, but I saw them with Behemoth opening for Morbid Angel back in like 06 or something and they absolutely ripped.

Alex's vocals are nuts.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Varg posted:

Oh gently caress ya, a Friday in NYC is very doable. Krisiun is really good and I don't think enough people realize that

As much as I hate Long Island I love that the first date is there. I’d be tempted to make the trip but I don’t think I could convince anyone to go with me, even for a near-hometown Suffocation show.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
So I have a ticket to see Batushka in NYC on august 14th but I broke my humerus yesterday so I can't go. If anyone here wants the ticket let me know and I'll shoot you the details.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Krisiun will melt your loving face live

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
black force domain was such a good album

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Bertrand Hustle posted:

They're a three-piece, too. Three brothers. I didn't expect something that heavy from 3 dudes, but I saw them with Behemoth opening for Morbid Angel back in like 06 or something and they absolutely ripped.

Alex's vocals are nuts.

that was one of the best tours I had the luck of seeing. Despised Icon opening ruled too

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Ghoul show report:
Maybe the best concert I've ever been to? Every single band was on point. First openers were a death doom band called Graven Maul and they killed it, War Bison were next and were great, Skullcrack were the last openers and as far as I can tell last minute fills for Fireburn who couldn't make it and they tore it up.
Ghoul were amazing, there was a nonstop pit that they kept hydrated with squirt guns and buckets of "guts" that have left my skin now dyed blue and red at work like a murdered Oompa Loompa. I will never miss a Ghoul show again.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

#cloosethekoncert

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

KozmoNaut posted:

#cloosethekoncert

better make it a good one then

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
If that band didn't immediately call for a wall of death they hosed up.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It was Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes at Skanderborg Festival, where Major Lazer's concert was stopped last year because of crowd surfing.

At the time the box warning came up, I think they had already had multiple pits (including a circlepit around Frank) and general rowdiness befitting a punk show.

Honestly, it was just a really ill-fitting booking for that festival. Who the hell books a punk band for a "bring your kids, drink some rosé, lets sit down and listen to some folksy soft rock" kind of festival?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

KozmoNaut posted:

It was Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes at Skanderborg Festival, where Major Lazer's concert was stopped last year because of crowd surfing.

At the time the box warning came up, I think they had already had multiple pits (including a circlepit around Frank) and general rowdiness befitting a punk show.

Honestly, it was just a really ill-fitting booking for that festival. Who the hell books a punk band for a "bring your kids, drink some rosé, lets sit down and listen to some folksy soft rock" kind of festival?

booking a punk band for that sounds punk af

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Weaponized Cum posted:

that was one of the best tours I had the luck of seeing. Despised Icon opening ruled too

A drunk Marine tried to pick a fight with me outside that show because apparently this is 1953 and listening to loud music is un-American.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
he just thought you were cute but didn't know how to express his feelings any other way

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The Muppets On PCP posted:

he just thought you were cute but didn't know how to express his feelings any other way

probably from newport

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

probably from newport

I grew up in Newport u dick

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bertrand Hustle posted:

So a match made in heaven. At least this way both families can come to the wedding. Oh I'm so excited.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I thought Marines were required by law to listen to Disturbed? So why would he hate loud music?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Bertrand Hustle posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newport_sex_scandal

not sure if you're familiar with this buy in the early 1900s the us navy sent a bunch of servicemen to suck and gently caress their way to exposing gays in the military.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
my favorite us navy trying to root out the gays story is in the early 80s when ncis launched a multiyear investigation into a secret cabal of homosexuals in the navy led by a shadowy figure named dorothy because some dumbass officer had heard the phrase "friend of dorothy" used to describe a gay dude and took it literally

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

The Muppets On PCP posted:

my favorite us navy trying to root out the gays story is in the early 80s when ncis launched a multiyear investigation into a secret cabal of homosexuals in the navy led by a shadowy figure named dorothy because some dumbass officer had heard the phrase "friend of dorothy" used to describe a gay dude and took it literally

Oh that explains that bit in The IT Crowd

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

COOL CORN posted:

I thought Marines were required by law to listen to Disturbed? So why would he hate loud music?

I don't know, man, he called us "un-American fucks" and shoved me around calling me a punk-rear end human being a few times before his buddies intervened and stopped him from taking a swing at me.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Unanimated dropped a new EP, gonna jam it as soon as I finish a discog run of Stormlord.
https://open.spotify.com/album/2kHCar2vZXMPdpo1wgzicb?si=uUj8w1ZEQCWrn9-H9PXq7g

Edit: It's great

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 10, 2018

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNDuiaa_QrY

This is weird and poo poo and I love it. Like if Portal made a soundtrack for film noir.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw1fF_fPJA4

This documentary looks pretty great.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Another new track from the upcoming Omnium Gatherum album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cydhfda6rXI

Zero.
Apr 21, 2014

Durendal posted:

Another new track from the upcoming Omnium Gatherum album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cydhfda6rXI

gently caress yes, I love these guys. I will be seeming them live later this year with their new album, cant wait for it

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
So Manowar is on their Final Battle retirement tour and for the show in Copenhagen (and presumably elsewhere) you can get the following for a mere €1800.

ULTIMATE FAN EXPERIENCE (UFE) UPGRADE
Private meeting with band members.
A very special item from the band: an electric guitar, numbered & autographed by MANOWAR.
Individual photo with MANOWAR, taken by our official photographer, right before the show.
UFE group photo on stage, in full show set-up.
Behind-the-scenes, technical sneak peek into the show preparation.
Complementary Admission For Two to One Date on Joey DeMaio’s Spoken Word Tour “The Blood Of The Kings”.
Personal phone call from MANOWAR band member
Limited edition autographed souvenir, signed by the band.
€200 voucher from thekingdomofsteel.eu
Money can’t buy reward - unique item used on stage, with certificate of authenticity.
Early admission into the venue: access the venue before everyone else.
Guaranteed seat in the UFE Riser near the Front of House area, with full view of the stage.
Vouchers for 2 drinks.
25% discount on merchandise from our merchandise booth.
Private crowd-free merchandise shopping upon early admission.
On site, Ultimate Fan Host guiding you in person through all the unique experiences offered.
Collectible exclusive laminate with lanyard.
Separate entrance where possible.
Exclusive parking spot for 1 passenger vehicle (where available).

:staredog:

Approaching KISS levels of extra poo poo.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Manowar fans are frighteningly dedicated and fanatic, to a completely insane degree. Not even Slayer fans come close.

MrBling posted:

you can get the following for a mere €1800.
Money can’t buy reward - unique item used on stage, with certificate of authenticity.

So I guess money can buy it? :confused:

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Sometimes I wonder if my friend regrets getting that manowar tattoo when he was 20

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MrBling posted:

Complementary Admission For Two to One Date on Joey DeMaio’s Spoken Word Tour “The Blood Of The Kings”.

Gonna bring a date to the Joey DeMaio Lunatic Rant Tour 2k19.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

KozmoNaut posted:

Manowar fans are frighteningly dedicated and fanatic, to a completely insane degree. Not even Slayer fans come close.

So I guess money can buy it? :confused:
Certificates of authenticity pretty much only exist so people can resell things

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
"yep, this smells like washed up 50 year olds playing power metal, thats good enough for me. i'll give you $30 for it"

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

MrBling posted:

Vouchers for 2 drinks.

loving sold

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Should have been open bar for the whole show

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Back from Bloodstock, Power Trip were loving amazing, Watain and Gojira both put on excellent shows (especially Gojira, turns out the French can do artsy visual stuff, who knew).

Demonic Resurrection (Indian blackened death metal band) had the best crowd heckle. "I want you guys to make the biggest mosh pit this stage has ever seen. You guys managed to conquer India, so i'm sure you can manage that."

At The Gates and Cannibal Corpse were competent if not amazing. Also I hate At The Gates' logo now, their old one was way better.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

MikeCrotch posted:

At The Gates and Cannibal Corpse were competent if not amazing. Also I hate At The Gates' logo now, their old one was way better.
yeah it owned

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MikeCrotch posted:

Also I hate At The Gates' logo now, their old one was way better.

The current "new" logo is from With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness, so it's bona fide old-school.

I prefer the Terminal Spirit Disease/Slaughter of the Soul-era logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This one has to be one of the worst and laziest logos ever