Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

PubicMice posted:

"Box of meats from Hungary that took six weeks to deliver"

It looks like those meats are cured, but that packaging still seems...inadequate.

EDIT: bad snipe, have some gross hungarian food

Whooping Crabs has a new favorite as of 03:15 on Aug 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Flavors: plain (almost certainly has sugar), honey butter, half one half another, sweet onion BEST, cheese, chili (also sweet), garlic.

Below is corn cheese and pizza corn cheese, bowls of hot loose corn and "cheese" and probably mayo.

Grand Fromage has a new favorite as of 03:12 on Aug 9, 2018

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
"cornsage"

(for the equivalent of 1.8usd)

bob dobbs is dead has a new favorite as of 03:57 on Aug 9, 2018

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

hell yeah i would

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

Flavors: plain (almost certainly has sugar), honey butter, half one half another, sweet onion BEST, cheese, chili (also sweet), garlic.

Below is corn cheese and pizza corn cheese, bowls of hot loose corn and "cheese" and probably mayo.

I love Korean cheese corn so much.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

upload picture

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Grand Fromage posted:

indonesian sambal olek is best corn, sad i didn't see it in japan

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There is... literally no seasoning in there. It's flour, milk and butter. Christ it's gotta be so bland and goey like loving canned beef in glue

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I was just slowly scrolling, and it went to hell as I watched.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

hell yeah i would

I need elaboration on why, please.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Tashilicious posted:

There is... literally no seasoning in there. It's flour, milk and butter. Christ it's gotta be so bland and goey like loving canned beef in glue

The dried beef is salted to death so it will be salty gloopy beef sheets.

poo poo on a shingle always looks well, like poo poo, but sometimes it hits the spot when I want to be trashy.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casu Marzu posted:

poo poo on a shingle always looks well, like poo poo, but sometimes it hits the spot when I want to be trashy.

poo poo on a shingle needs pepper. Anything with a white butter flour milk sauce needs beaucoup loving pepper.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

DicktheCat posted:

I need elaboration on why, please.

Ice cream is delicious, grilled corn is delicious. Two great things that go great together.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

uPen posted:

Ice cream is delicious, grilled corn is delicious. Two great things that go great together.

And the onion?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats a corn husk.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Golabki is one spelling for stuffed cabbage rolls?

If so, one traditional meatless version is just barley and chopped wild mushrooms (and maybe some sautéed onion). Which looks a lot better (and tastes great), but obviously doesn’t have the same amount of protein as tofu.

I was working against a gluten allergy too, but barley does sound like a good alternative otherwise.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oh I said something alright.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
For lunch today I had some shredded rotisserie chicken with bbq sauce in a bowl. Ate it with a spoon, called it my "meat cereal".

The name freaked out every one of my co-workers. Bunch of lame asses.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Speaking of coworkers, I was paid $10 to eat a whole habanero earlier tonight.

For some reason, I remember them being a LOT hotter the last time I ate one on a dare (15 years ago). Easiest $10 I've ever made.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

For some reason, I remember them being a LOT hotter the last time I ate one on a dare (15 years ago). Easiest $10 I've ever made.

What's it like to be dead inside?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zipperelli. posted:

Individual chillis vary, even from the same plant. You may just have got a mild one.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

What's it like to be dead inside?

Boring.

Tiggum posted:

Individual chillis vary, even from the same plant. You may just have got a mild one.

It's possible, I guess. It was hot, but not at all what I was getting ready for. I seem to remember being in a whole shitload of pain when I ate one when I was younger. Like, downed a half-gallon of milk in about 5 minutes pain.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Synthbuttrange posted:

Thats a corn husk.

Hmm, I suppose that does make more sense than adding a random slice of onion. Good eye.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

Boring.

It's possible, I guess. It was hot, but not at all what I was getting ready for. I seem to remember being in a whole shitload of pain when I ate one when I was younger. Like, downed a half-gallon of milk in about 5 minutes pain.

Sounds like a case of the 'ol "kid bitchies"

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Casu Marzu posted:

Oh that reminds me, say hi to your mother for me.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

I just ate half a carton of eggs that said they expired Aug 1

The year was not specified and I'm pretty sure it was not 2018

If they're kept in a sufficiently cold refrigerator, eggs are good for like a month after the stamped expiration date.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Sounds like a case of the 'ol "kid bitchies"

Glad I grew out of that poo poo.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Casu Marzu posted:

salty gloopy beef sheets

MODS?!?!?!?!?!?

manderson
Aug 12, 2005

Human Extraordinaire

Tashilicious posted:

Grew up on poo poo on a Shingle and still eat it to this day. Its amazing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

manderson posted:

Grew up on poo poo on a Shingle and still eat it to this day. Its amazing.

Your body will never decay. Like a strip of beef jerky.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
SOS is supposed to have the texture and taste of wallpaper paste. Like, that's intentional.

Hits me right in the nostalgia bone when I have it like once every 3 years.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

sirbeefalot posted:

SOS is supposed to have the texture and taste of wallpaper paste. Like, that's intentional.

Hits me right in the nostalgia bone when I have it like once every 3 years.

I do it with ground beef and yeah same. I think it's a "Had a parent who was in the military at one point also grew up poor as gently caress" food.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Whooping Crabs posted:

It looks like those meats are cured, but that packaging still seems...inadequate.

They were cured, but they got sick again while traveling.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Croatoan posted:

I do it with ground beef and yeah same. I think it's a "Had a parent who was in the military at one point also grew up poor as gently caress" food.

Yeah, it is. It's roughly a step above MREs both on the "cheap as gently caress" and "actually palatable" scale, but considering how many people grow up living on military stipends, it's a weird nostalgia comfort thing for a lot of people.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Croatoan posted:

poo poo, I forgot we used to occasionally get ground beef SOS as a kid. It was pretty rare and I never thought it tasted bad or anything, but of course it's a lovely stand-in compared to pork sausage gravy on biscuits.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah poor folks food was what i grew up on and occasionally i get cravings for the worst poo poo.

like that government cheese block or birdseye frozen spinach

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

DicktheCat posted:

That's from the Dominique Ansel bakery in Tokyo (the guy who invented cronuts) and it's apparently pretty good.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

sneakyfrog posted:

yeah poor folks food was what i grew up on and occasionally i get cravings for the worst poo poo.

like that government cheese block or birdseye frozen spinach

My mom would make frozen spinach and then drown it in vinegar. Broccoli there was some kind of cheese-esque sauce she made with a packet?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Honestly that government cheese was good, at least in Massachusetts. I was sad you couldn't buy the same cheese in the store (or maybe you could but my parents refused to because they were snobs who only liked aged cheddar, la di dah). I had a friend whose mother made amazing mac and cheese with the government cheese.

The government peanut butter less good, so I would make an extra sandwich with Jif for that same friend.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Poor as we were, my dad always bought Teddie peanut butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Government cheese is a real thing? I though it was just some kind of metaphor.