Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
in the future some vegan admin of SA will gett angry at some goon eating crickets i guess i dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

chapaulines do not, in fact, own

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

hi im the very smart goon who sees no difference between animals raised for meat and animals raised as companions. when my friend told me their dog died i asked him why it looked like he'd been crying and also which side dishes he made to go with old gunch

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Larry Parrish posted:

Maybe it's brain damage from visiting friends ranches as a kid but tbh most livestock are about as smart as most cats and dogs. Except cows. They're loving stupid. And horses have personalities but are also very stupid. Anyway I guess I'm saying I wouldn't eat someone's pet but it wouldn't really bother me to eat a dog either. Probably not that tasty though. They're pretty stringy looking

Sheep are ambulatory vegetables. The Vegetable Lamb of Tartary was onto something.

R. Guyovich posted:

hi im the very smart goon who sees no difference between animals raised for meat and animals raised as companions. when my friend told me their dog died i asked him why it looked like he'd been crying and also which side dishes he made to go with old gunch

LOL if you don't tearfully eat your pets like Homer Simpson eating Pinchy

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*extremely yossareian voice* i will post a picture of my dogs killing my pet rabbits to own pet island

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
id never post pics of the country poo poo i get up to~~

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Baloogan posted:

id never post pics of the country poo poo i get up to~~

we all want to see the broom, loogs

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
do dogs and rabbits mix well in a stew?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:27 on Mar 23, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Predators are also generally terrible eating.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

i say swears online posted:

edit though i do like your logic of "this livestock should be eaten more often in order to decrease their number"
I know, it's silly. That logic more properly applies to bankers.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

I know, it's silly. That logic more properly applies to bankers.

that's definitely gonna get you a prion disease. sick meat should be destroyed

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Yeah. I mean, personally I wouldn’t mind eating cat or dog, except everyone I know who has has said they taste like poo poo. Dogs are even traditional for some guys fairly close by. I can understand, of course, being emotionally attached to an individual animal though.

Tiberius Thyben has issued a correction as of 17:46 on Aug 9, 2018

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Now I might just be an ignorant city boy, but I've always thought that there's a slight ethical difference between slaughtering a bunny for food, which one would assume wouldn't take very long and hence not cause much unnecessary suffering (if done properly), and letting that bunny get torn apart by a dog, which one would assume would do that.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
We're all going to be eating a diet composed of crickets and soy in 20 years anyway

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

if you like your dog, you can eat it - barrac obama

coathat
May 21, 2007

sincx posted:

Cats and dogs (i.e. wolves) were predators that were domesticated to help humans with vermin control and hunting. Anthropologically they occupy a very different place in our collective psyche than prey animals we domesticated to eat.

Except in all the places where people eat cats and dogs. Your premise is invalid.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Zas posted:

lol

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zas posted:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
There's nothing wrong with eating dog, in my opinion, it is very inhumane how they Nash their souls in with sledgehammers before butchering them.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

What the Hell even is this conversation? Rabbits are prey animals that are also pets. None of you have to contrast them with cats and dogs for gently caress's sake.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/BethanyAllenEbr/status/1026443933776322560

this really doesn't sit well with me because "never again" and "do something" were the same kinds of protestations being made during Aleppo in 2016, and it feels like the same kind of slimy liberal-humanitarian call for interventionism

does that make sense? I feel like I'm going crazy here because it's not like I'm denying that China could very well be treating its Uighur population badly, but what's "the rest of the world" supposed to do? airdrop Seal Team Six into Xinjiang?

diplomatic pressure to grant Uighurs exit visas

and lol if you think anyone is serious about calling for interventionism against china

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Now I might just be an ignorant city boy, but I've always thought that there's a slight ethical difference between slaughtering a bunny for food, which one would assume wouldn't take very long and hence not cause much unnecessary suffering (if done properly), and letting that bunny get torn apart by a dog, which one would assume would do that.

the dog'd just snap the neck of the rabbit, over in a second.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What the Hell even is this conversation? Rabbits are prey animals that are also pets. None of you have to contrast them with cats and dogs for gently caress's sake.

If you eat your cat's you'll finally be free

Infernot
Jul 17, 2015

"A short night wakes me from a dream that seemed so long."
Grimey Drawer
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...SKBN1KU0TU?il=0

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

China cannot take a soft line on American belligerence. America must be punished to the fullest extent.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Like I get xi has to blame people since he's a dictator but surely even he can sell this as trump being trump

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

quote:

China thought it had reached a deal with Washington in May to avoid a trade war, but was shocked when the Trump administration, in Beijing’s eyes, went back on that agreement.
This is the most interesting part of the article imo

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

art of the deal

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
also this reinforce my opinion that Trump's super secret "dealing making" strat is to make deals and then just not uphold his end of the deal and blame somebody else for it falling through

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cerebral Bore posted:

Rabbits are uh, flighty. They tend to die whenever they get chased enough. So usually they suffer cardiac arrest before the dog ever gets to them

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Inducing cardiac arrest in rabbits to own the libs

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Typo posted:

also this reinforce my opinion that Trump's super secret "dealing making" strat is to make deals and then just not uphold his end of the deal and blame somebody else for it falling through

this is not some incredible insight, sorry to say.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Zas posted:

but can I grind it up and have sex with it?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXNW6EgDr5g

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Rabbits are uh, flighty. They tend to die whenever they get chased enough. So usually they suffer cardiac arrest before the dog ever gets to them

from what I've been told, petting or even looking at a rabbit for too long will kill it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Dogs are apparently also known to tear through walls and cages to get to rabbits, terriers anyway, often injuring themselves in the process.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i say swears online posted:

chapaulines do not, in fact, own

this is a bannable offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

Doesn't sound that much more humane to me.